PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Taylor?

akhhorus
03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
From the article on Troy VIncent going to the Bills:

The Bengals immediately turned their attention to Vincent's former teammate in Philly, veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, but seemed to be making little headway in attempting to fill its need at the position. In fact, league sources indicated that Taylor is suddenly being wooed by the Washington Redskins, who were scrambling Monday to create cap room

JoeJacksonTaylor28
03-15-2004, 04:17 PM
wow... i wouldn't think the Redskins would be really interested in him... He is a good player, but that would mean he, Springs or Smoot would be a backup. I don't think that way, I think we should get a 3rd CB (Butler, Brown) not a 1st or 2nd.

Spence
03-15-2004, 04:17 PM
This fits in with Daniel Snyder's plan to sign 74% of all NFL free agents this season.

akhhorus
03-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Taylor is big enough to play FS....

Farbod
03-15-2004, 04:22 PM
We need 3 starting CB in this NFL...

As some enlightened members have pointed out, Bauman cannot cover the outside, and if Springs (when...) gets injured, whos gonna fill in?? Jimoh???? :banghead:

And to the Udeze fans... No, he cant play FS!!! :twak:

rhyno
03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
I like the move, assuming it isn't too hard on the wallet. If Vincent is getting 6-20mil., taylor should be around the same, right?

LATrueRedskin
03-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Taylor signed with the Bills.

LATrueRedskin
03-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Oops, Vincent signed with the Bills. Nevermind.

WinslowRedskin
03-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Cap Room = Josh Evans, not Bobby Taylor.

rhummer37
03-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Springs and Taylor with Bowen and Taylor behind them. Smoot coming in every once and a while to change it up.

WHO NEEDS A PASS RUSH ANYWAYS!?!?!

WinslowRedskin
03-15-2004, 04:38 PM
hey rhummer, nice avatar!

rhummer37
03-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by WinslowRedskin
hey rhummer, nice avatar!

Thanks, I cried after that one. They were at least going into overtime for sure. The Rams were in FG range with only a few secs remaining. The only way to insure a victory was for the D to get the ball

AND THEY DID!!!

RichardBradley
03-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Taylor is washed up......

RedskinsDave
03-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Spence
This fits in with Daniel Snyder's plan to sign 74% of all NFL free agents this season.

I read 76% but maybe he lowered it after paying Brunell.

natgbz
03-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Bobby Taylor was always number 2 in philly behind Troy Vincent. He'd be a number 3 CB in my opinion.

rhummer37
03-15-2004, 05:00 PM
I don't know about three, but he would make a solid DB core. Him against Smoot in camp will be fun to watch (better than Ramsey and Brunell anyways).

skinswin
03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Farbod

As some enlightened members have pointed out, Bauman cannot cover the outside, and if Springs (when...) gets injured, whos gonna fill in?? Jimoh???? :banghead:

Why can't he??? Rod Woodson did it! Ronnie Lott did it!

FS isn't that hard a position to fill as the Sean Taylor supporters would have you think.

Farbod
03-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by skinswin

FS isn't that hard a position to fill as the Sean Taylor supporters would have you think.

Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson also are two of the hardest hitting and toughest DB's in the history of the NFL... Dont mix them up with Bobby Taylor...

skinswin
03-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by skinswin

Those are just two examples. There have been a lot of CB that have converted over to safety and have been sucessful.

Bobby Taylor would be a fine addition and if he switched over,it would prolong his career.

RedskinsVision
03-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Troy Vincent in 12 years has 42 Int's & 158 Passes Def. 739 Tackles
Bobby Taylor in 9 years has 19 Int's & 107 Passes Def. 376 Tackles
if we could get taylor w/ the same money we offered J. Butler then go for it since he's just a bit under vincent's value

RedskinsVision
03-15-2004, 05:55 PM
actually no.. taylor's 30, lost some steps, injury prone.. not good

JoeJacksonTaylor28
03-15-2004, 05:57 PM
He will not sign up for that money, he will be looking for more, I guess. If not, welcome to the first one of the new DB's named Taylor, lol.

skinsfanincali
03-15-2004, 05:59 PM
i agree and believe taylor will want too much. another afc team can have him, though.

LadyNRedskinsfan
03-15-2004, 06:15 PM
question is, who is gonna sell the farm for this guy? i dont think anyone will. his asking price, if high, will probably go down, he would be a good #3 though.....

Redskinfan28
03-15-2004, 06:18 PM
There is zero chance we will be able to sign him, unless he wants the same contract we offered Butler, which is not going to happen. Although we need another CB, we need to look cheaper.

soch21
03-15-2004, 06:42 PM
just read this on espn.com.... troy vincent has signed with bills and they said taylor was next togo.....

The Bengals immediately turned their attention to Vincent's former teammate in Philly, veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, but seemed to be making little headway in attempting to fill its need at the position. In fact, league sources indicated that Taylor is suddenly being wooed by the Washington Redskins, who were scrambling Monday to create cap room.

outincolorado
03-15-2004, 06:43 PM
already a thread on this.

PA Skins Girl
03-15-2004, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't say there's zero chance. We offered Butler 5 years, 16 million. Vincent signed with the Bills for reportedly 6 years, 20 million. Why the sudden "scrambling" for cap room? My guess is they think they can sign him for something similar to the Butler offer.

rskinsfan10
03-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Taylor being courted here is interesting to say the least. I actually think that it would be a good pickup. I hope his price tag is low.

WinslowRedskin
03-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Hmmm...anyone think we could play a Nickel Base?
CBs: Springs, Smoot, Taylor
FS: Taylor or Bowen
SS: Bowen or Ohalete
LB: Arrington and Washington
DE: Wynn/Upshaw
DT: Griffin
DT: (Evans?) or Noble
DE: Daniels

rhyno
03-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Rumor over on extremeskins that he signed a 7 yr. 25 million contract. No hard evidence, but say its reported on WFAN out of philly and on CPND. Here is a link to the thread (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=53993)

This is still just a rumor but it makes sense.. who mnows? stay tuned!!

JoeDaSchmoe
03-16-2004, 01:43 AM
Seven years? Are they crazy? If the bonus is big at all, cutting him in two or three seasons is gonna leave us with a big hit.....

IowaSkinsFan
03-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Bobby Taylor? I thought Ralph Brown and Walt Harris were coming in for visits?

Yudolindo
03-16-2004, 03:30 AM
The rumor, at this point, is only substantiated by circumstantial evidence. That said, bye bye any chance of getting Sean Taylor: we have our new FS. If we signed him for the amount rumored, I am going to be really frustrated...

natgbz
03-16-2004, 03:39 AM
I think the Sean Taylor bandwagon just got a flat tire. I'll miss you Iffy! Let's see the trade offers for that 5th pick...

natgbz
03-16-2004, 03:53 AM
I just checked WFAN.com. Nothing's here...yet (i hope).

Yudolindo
03-16-2004, 04:00 AM
Why would WFAN be reporting Philly's news? I don't get this rumor...

truant
03-16-2004, 04:07 AM
I hope it's not true and that it doesn't become true.

natgbz
03-16-2004, 04:22 AM
I read a few of the latter pages. It seems that a comment made about how Taylor was headed to Snyder's pocket book have spurned these rumors. Whether that means he is just going over the numbers or Snyder is trying to woo him before the Cowboys get there hands on him is yet to be determined.

natgbz
03-16-2004, 04:30 AM
A little more validation that we are interested...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/03/15/available.free.agents/index.html

Hard to find the little blurb, but here it is in it's entirety:

"...Seattle and Cincinnati have looked at Taylor the longest, and Washington reportedly is interested."

GolfFreak
03-16-2004, 06:54 AM
So you're all thinking he would come in as our FS ... that would certainly ruin the Sean Taylor sweapstakes.

lsuredskin
03-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Bobby Taylor was moved to FS last year and played really well when he wasn't hurt. I know if this is true that it's a huge dissapointment to all those Sean Taylor fans but Bobby is a good player that can move to corner if someone gets injured. I like the move and it gives us more flexibility in the draft.

akhhorus
03-16-2004, 08:04 AM
I posted this rumor earlier, but no-one is saying that Taylor is an immenent signing

GolfFreak
03-16-2004, 08:04 AM
If this happens I may have to change my Sean Taylor vote to the dreaded KW II. As much as I dislike the guy I think our offsense would soar with him on our team.

TexSkin
03-16-2004, 08:08 AM
I hope thats not true becaue thats alot of years for a 30 year old CB. Of course Rod Woodson did a good job switching to Safety so you never know.

TexSkin
03-16-2004, 08:18 AM
If he comes cheap sure thing..we can always use another quality CB.

hail2skins
03-16-2004, 08:54 AM
You all need to start prefacing these threads with "RUMOR: The the actual rumor"

hail2skins
03-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Both Bobby Taylor threads have been merged.

colkurtz
03-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Bobby Taylor did very well as an Eagle. He could give us a couple good years if his price is right.

He is a hard-hitting, hard working vet who will bring something to our DB corps. I see our interest in him and others as a sign that we are moving to stabilize the DB's with MODEST-priced FA's.

We'll see if we can snag him cheaply.

IowaSkinsFan
03-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Farbod

Neither can Sean Taylor.

IowaSkinsFan
03-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Spence

Do you have a source for that number? I have read he is only targeting 65% of the FA's.

colkurtz
03-16-2004, 11:39 AM
"This fits in with Daniel Snyder's plan to sign 74% of all NFL free agents this season."

When you guys don't like something - you blame it all on Snyder. When you do like a move it's all Joe Gibb's idea. You're sounding a little like Pasta-the-Hut and all the media "experts" who give us the same drivel.

This is Gibb's program and Snyder is just signing the checks and providing the jet to fly potential FA's in. D. Snyder is giving Gibbs exactly what he, and his excellent coaching staff, wants. Snyder is also managing the cap - for better or worse.

I think we have had a very successful FA hiring period - filling many holes in our roster with outstanding-to-average talent. We haven't done it all, but then we were 5-11 last year. Rome was not built in a day.

I want to see Donovan running for his life and sacked!!

:eaglesuk:

suppitty
03-16-2004, 08:10 PM
if they did this it would be for the sole purpose of stopping t.o. that way they would have 2 corner who are bigger than average, and taylor is very physical. let those 2 gaurd the big wrs, while smoot gaurds the speedsters. while quinthy (or one of those baseball players) tries to fighure out which of his horribly mediocre wrs to throw to against our 3 pro bowl cbs, and the best safety (sean taylor), either lavar or washington will be readu to end his career with a hit from behind.

colkurtz
03-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Bobby Taylor will give a few years of good football. He played well in Philly and will do so here.

If his price is reasonable, those who love the 'skins will not be disappointed with this good addition.

He gives us depth and possibilities in the DB corps. With Bailey gone, Spring's injury record and Smoot's potential FA next year; we need someone else with talent back there.

A very good pick-up if we can get him.

:dalassuk: :eaglesuk: :giantsuk:

SonnyandSam
03-17-2004, 12:15 AM
suppity beat me to it....but

The Skins interest in Bobby Taylor, IMHO, is because the Eagles signed Terrell Owens. Taylor is one of the largest and most physical CBs in the league. Could he be converted to safety, probably. But that is not why the Skins are all of a sudden interested and trying to move cap space. Owens would physicallyabuse Smoot and Springs. Taylor would be a better physical matchup that the other two.

The Kearse signing worried me. But the Owens signing will make it incredibly difficult to unseat Philly as the Division Champs. I think Gibbs, and more importantly, Williams realized this.

Remember, Taylor was never talked about until AFTER TO was officially headed to the Eagles. All of a sudden, the Skins are interested in Taylor and trying to move cap space (which is readily available from Samuels or even letting Moore go.)

And look at it this way, Taylor can be a third CB and can learn/play safety. I don't think his arrival means we do not pick Sean Taylor. Taylor could be converted gradually to eventually take over for Bowen. We got to remember, Williams likes to play 5 defensive backs A LOT. He wants a good third CB not just a backup player.

colkurtz
03-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by LaVarPA
suppity beat me to it....but

The Skins interest in Bobby Taylor, IMHO, is because the Eagles signed Terrell Owens.

Good analysis. I like Taylor and think he is a quality player who has a couple of good years left. Thought we might not want to pay his price...... but now the FO may just do it.

TO's signing by the Eagles may force the 'skins to hire Bobby Taylor to play against him AND draft Udeze or Smith to increase the pressure on McKnabb. The luxury of drafting S. Taylor or Winslow may have gone out the window with the Iggles bold and big moves in FA.

:banghead: