PDA

View Full Version : senior skip day

RedskinRyan
04-08-2004, 08:39 AM
mine was last month, but i decided i would ask what you guys did on your senior skip day(if you old farts can still remember). and by senior i mean senior in high school, not senior citizen, cause face it, you cant skip that.

my plans were to meet up with friends in the morning, and skip and go get drunk. that all was ruined cause my brother told my mom, and she wasnt going to drive me to school just so i could skip. i still went to my friend's house, but no booze.

lightskin
04-08-2004, 10:29 AM
mine was last month, but i decided i would ask what you guys did on your senior skip day(if you old farts can still remember). and by senior i mean senior in high school, not senior citizen, cause face it, you cant skip that.

my plans were to meet up with friends in the morning, and skip and go get drunk. that all was ruined cause my brother told my mom, and she wasnt going to drive me to school just so i could skip. i still went to my friend's house, but no booze.

:banhim:......:D

hail2skins
04-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Are you telling me that only one of the days I skipped was official?

SkinsKY
04-08-2004, 10:45 AM
A group of my friends went to Red River Gorge in Eastern Kentucky. Some of the most beautiful views in the country. There was this other guy, who was a junior who skipped and tagged along (unbeknownst to us until too late) because he had a crush on this girl. He tried climbing rocks with us, but he had broken his arm two weeks prior and was in a cast. Dummy almost fell off a 100ft face. So stupid.

JoeDaSchmoe
04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I'll hafta come up with something good.

ShaggySkins
04-08-2004, 11:55 AM
I played on the basketball team, if I skipped I wasn't allowed to practice and if I wasn't allowed to practice I wasn't allowed to play in the game. No senior skip day for me.

Patrick
04-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Are you telling me that only one of the days I skipped was official?

LOL - Excellent!! ....... Never skipped one day my senior year BUT only made it to school on-time once - the last day. The AP gave me a "Mock" award for setting the ALL TIME tardies in one school year. Man - I loved those HS days (32 years ago --- DAMN)

RedskinRyan
04-08-2004, 01:02 PM
people like you are the reason why they made tardies really bad. now if we are late so many times to a class, we LC it. LC = loss of credit = take class over.

TexSkin
04-08-2004, 01:10 PM
people like you are the reason why they made tardies really bad. now if we are late so many times to a class, we LC it. LC = loss of credit = take class over.

Na it was people like me! The year after I graduated they started making unexcused absences a bad thing. Me I lived 5 houses away from my HS. So you can imagine how much I skipped. :spy:

AGibbsGirl
04-08-2004, 02:43 PM
I was 18 in April of my senior year, so I could write my own notes!

But I only went half-a-day anyway, with no parents, I had to work to eat!

JoeDaSchmoe
04-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Heh, I'll be 18 October of my senior year. Boooooooyah. :D

RedskinRyan
04-08-2004, 03:23 PM
i'll be 18 may 19, so i'll have like a week of writing my own notes. it almost doesnt seem worth it. i can write them now though, just not under my name.

Skinzaholic
04-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Ahhh - I remember Senior Skip day like it was yesterday. It was quite a treat being freed from that one-room school house where I had spent so many long hot days with all the other children. Pa let me take the wagon and me and some friends went coon huntin down on the prairie. Next year the Civil War broke out and I was called up... those were the days.

RichardBradley
04-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Am I the only one that did anything bad? Me and a few friends got drunk and went to the beach

skinsfan44
04-08-2004, 04:56 PM
I am going to show my age here, but I remember my senior skip day very well.

It was in the spring of 1978, and 5 friends and myself desided to go to Triadelphia lake up in Howard Co. Maryland.

I had a 1966 International Scout 4x4 (my first truck/SUV) and my friends and I jumped in (with a big cooler of beer, I was 18 at the time, which back then was legal age) and off we went.

We got there, it was sunny and warm, and we started to drink and smoke some pot. A little while later, one of my friends discovered that one of the row boats that people store down there had no lock on it, so we put it in the lake. Now, you got 6 guys, that are half drunk and high on pot trying to get into this 12 foot boat. Well, that wasen't going to happen, so we desided that we will just allow 3 to get in first and use the boat. Mark, Chuck, and myself are the ones that went first.

This lake is pretty big and deep. We are laughing and carrying on while rowing around, when Mark stands up and says "Let's have some real fun" and starts to rock the boat. Well, it didn't take long for the boat to flip and we all go into the water.

After swimming about a 100 yards to get back to shore, here we are, all wet. The other guys are laughing their asses off at us, when out of nowhere, Mr. Park Ranger shows up.

He saw what had happened, and came down to see if we were okay. Well, he discovers our cooler full of beer, and made us dump it all out. Then he made us put all the empty beer cans in the trash can near by. Then he asked us who's boat was it. We said we just found it here, and he said that he could give us a ticket and call the county police and have us arrested for stealing a boat. We told him we didn't steal it and please don't arrest us and that we will leave.

He said that he will turn around and if we are not out of there in 2 minutes, he was going to arrest us. We never moved so fast in our life's and we got out of there quick.

So, all I ended up with on my senior skip day was, wet, out of beer, and almost getting arrested. And they say that this was to be a fun day.

Well, atleast he didn't catch us with the pot.

natgbz
04-08-2004, 09:03 PM
man mine was only a year ago. We met up at this buddies house of mine and smoked some pot. Then we figured we should drive up to Wyoming and buy some illegal fireworks (well in Colorado at least). Later that night we ran down by this pond that the school overlooks and set up a bunch of mortor shell fireworks using ciggaretes as fuses and went back up the hill and watched the show. Oh I think we drank some beer, raced around town, and grabbed some coffee mixed in there. That was a great day. But not as cool as when we skipped out on our graduation ceremony to go rock climbing.

hail2skins
04-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Ohhh, mom is gonna get you natgbz.

Axegrinder
04-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Our senior skip day was canceled. Nobody showed up!
Thank you.....I'm at Chuckles the rest of the week.

hail2skins
04-08-2004, 09:14 PM
LOL Axe.

IowaSkinsFan
04-09-2004, 03:10 AM

I didn't do it. I had 5 consecutive years of perfect attendance on the line, so I wasn't about to screw that up.

IowaSkinsFan
04-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Our senior skip day was canceled. Nobody showed up!
Thank you.....I'm at Chuckles the rest of the week.

Good one.

RedskinRyan
04-09-2004, 09:22 AM
how can you cancel senior skip day? oh well i guess. my plan was to get so incredibly drunk, so it was quite bad when my plans got ruined.

Green-Is-Good
04-09-2004, 10:17 AM
I didn't do it. I had 5 consecutive years of perfect attendance on the line, so I wasn't about to screw that up.

:lol1:

RedskinRyan
04-09-2004, 10:45 AM
isnt high school only 4 years? for me it is anyways.......

Green-Is-Good
04-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Dude, that's the joke.

RedskinRyan
04-09-2004, 11:16 AM
dont worry, im just slow

RedskinsDave
04-09-2004, 11:21 AM
High school was the best five years of my life...

CarMike
04-09-2004, 01:40 PM
I had the worst English teacher EVER! Not sure how you guys decided which day would be senior skip day. At my high school which ever year you graduated ['88 for me] was the day you skipped. Meaning that the 88th day of school was SSD. Well, my english teacher found out someway and scheduled a test that counted 3 times in the grade book.

The test was one question.....What was your name?....that was the test.

Man I hated that woman....

RedskinRyan
04-09-2004, 01:50 PM
ours was like the year of the class. mine is 04 though, so it was supposed to be 04/04/04, but since that was a sunday, and the friday before was a spring break and the next monday was spring break. they made it march 3rd(03/03/03 - class of 2003).

my english teacher didnt go on our senior skip day. my friend's sister had a teacher made a test that you could make up, so she went for the class with the test and skipped the rest.

IowaSkinsFan
04-09-2004, 11:47 PM
High school was the best five years of my life...

7 years of college down the drain.

AGibbsGirl
04-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Ohhh, mom is gonna get you natgbz.

Mom has her fingers in her ears and she's going, "lalalalalalalalalalal I hear nothing lalalalalalal......"

Skaggsrules
04-10-2004, 06:55 PM
At my school, seniors skip on the day before the prom, I myself am not a senior, im a junior, so i'll talk to you next year.

Teachers at my school love senior skip day, most of them get a day off becasue of it.