PDA

View Full Version : Lavar on last call with carson daly, last night

magicmurf
04-08-2004, 10:01 AM
:beer: The interview was great. lavar was saying that the mini camp was the best camp he was ever in, ever!!!! He had to miss the last Dream Job show to make camp. He is working out everyday at Redskins park and said the team has done a complete turnaround. I dont know where you can get the interview, It was on abc, I think.

hail2skins
04-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Alot of us knew he would take to the way Gibbs runs things.

RichardBradley
04-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Lavar has turned into the meida darling all of the sudden....

thickskin
04-08-2004, 10:04 AM
certainly nice to see lavar's excited. if only he'd subject his agent to the dream job panelist scrutiny he's developed.

rskinsfan10
04-08-2004, 10:05 AM
I actually stayed up and watched it.

He added that after going through the mini-camp he can tell why Gibbs has been successful.

PA Skins Girl
04-08-2004, 10:07 AM
That says a lot coming from Lavar. He has been very low key in the past about expressing optimism for the upcoming season. Go Joe!

magicmurf
04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Oh yea he said that too. They also didnt talk about the money he is missing.

smoak
04-08-2004, 10:15 AM
i am actually not upset with lavar at all. the semi negative things he said were directed to danny boy, and almost all of us can be accused of that. so far to my knowledge he has always been committed to gibbs.

i just wish the nfl would unrecognize the postons.

hail2skins
04-08-2004, 10:18 AM
That says a lot coming from Lavar. He has been very low key in the past about expressing optimism for the upcoming season. Go Joe!

Yeah. It was only a matter of time for him to come around. I definately understood him tempering his excitement but once he was on the field, I knew it would surface. That's the type of person he is.

REDMAN
04-08-2004, 10:22 AM
He has a super attitude about the way things are going with the team.

TexSkin
04-08-2004, 10:27 AM
I honestly have been sour on Lavar of late but like Gibbs does with everyone he has turned Lavars attitude to positive.

SkinTastic
04-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Let's hope that positivity is also reflected on the field, we need Lavar to have a big season!

RedskinRyan
04-08-2004, 11:15 AM
for me, i think he did a little too much in his contract situation to quick fix. but this definitly points him in the right direction. once he actually gets on the field though and dominates, thats all the fixing i need.

funnyperson1
04-08-2004, 11:21 AM
LaVar said that he wouldn't let this contract situation affect his play onfield or his relationship with the coaching staff.

All he is doing is keeping his word.

redwolf1218
04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
ever since i saw that interview on espn at the vietnam wall in DC where he said he runs for his dad, and he got all choked up, i thought here's a guy 6'-3 and 250 runs like a deer and hits like a truck, crying because he loves his dad so much. i love the guy. plus he ended aikmans career with a clean hit like a mack truck. i think he's a man of principles and a man of his word. he is going to play his heart out. the business end of it will take care of itself. i hope.

Axegrinder
04-08-2004, 08:14 PM
ever since i saw that interview on espn at the vietnam wall in DC where he said he runs for his dad, and he got all choked up, i thought here's a guy 6'-3 and 250 runs like a deer and hits like a truck, crying because he loves his dad so much. i love the guy. plus he ended aikmans career with a clean hit like a mack truck. i think he's a man of principles and a man of his word. he is going to play his heart out. the business end of it will take care of itself. i hope.

I've given plenty of $$$$$ to the cause!!!!!

BandWagon
04-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Just like I figured...years of frustration showing on these guys. Takes a coach like Gibbs to make it right...I'll betcha dollars to donuts that Champ will wish he stuck around....

Skinzaholic
04-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I dont know... Lavar has yet to really stand out the way he should in this league. I really liked him because he had integrity and seemed to be a "Redskin Guy"... and yet his attitude during this little contract argument down right sucked.

I guess Im not as quick to forget that. I dont blame him for getting mad... but I do blame him for turning on the team so quickly. So what - now that he has finally figured out that Joe Gibbs is so far above his arrogant currently over-paid butt that he is barely mentioned in the same sentence we are all just supposed to forget that he whined like a little girl about a mistake that he and his worthless agent made?

Not me - Lavar - just shut up and earn that money we are paying you... work hard at becoming the Redskins guy that Joe Gibbs is looking for. Quit acting like you own the world and get in line ready to learn from the Master himself.

(Sorry... had to vent... no disrespect to the Lavar fans).

Skinzaholic
04-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I'll betcha dollars to donuts that Champ will wish he stuck around....

Dont even get me started on THAT one.

BigPlayJay
04-08-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't fault Lavar for filing the grievance if he really belives that the Redskins took money from his contract (although I wonder why he is not suing his agent instead, who was supposed to look out for him). The only thing I didn't like was the big public blasting of the organization and all the dramatic statements he made during that interview.

I think Gibbs' team first attitude that Lavar started learning at minicamp got him back on the right track, and he has once again decided to keep the contract dispute where it should be, out of the public eye.

LavarBabyDaddy
04-09-2004, 02:44 AM
thats beautiful man

Brokenstriker
04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
freaking Gibbs' MAGIC ... GOD! I'm loving this ... hopefully this is the impression the Big Man will carry around for his career as a Redskin ... and since I honestly think we haven't even seen 75% of what he can do at Linebacker ... maybe this will push him to blow us all away with just how good he can be

IndianBaller27
04-09-2004, 08:45 AM
i like seeing lavar happy and excited to play

SkinsCT
04-09-2004, 09:16 AM

I'm with you 100%, I remember that interview and the piece they did, wasn't it right after the draft, or around that time? Gotta love LaVar, he's still Mr. Redskin to me.

ArRiNgToN_56
04-09-2004, 09:30 AM
:beer: The interview was great. lavar was saying that the mini camp was the best camp he was ever in, ever!!!! He had to miss the last Dream Job show to make camp. He is working out everyday at Redskins park and said the team has done a complete turnaround. I dont know where you can get the interview, It was on abc, I think.

Didn't he say the same thing about Marty's?

funnyperson1
04-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Didn't he say the same thing about Marty's?
I'm sure he believed it at the time, and I am sure he likes Gibbs camp better. He said that Marty's camp was the best he had attended 'til then..doesn't mean Gibbs won't dominate it.

Remember though..Marty wasn't that bad of a coach...remember that run at the end of the season? I think he would have done a lot better than Spurrier had he been allowed to stay.

JoeDaSchmoe
04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm sure he believed it at the time, and I am sure he likes Gibbs camp better. He said that Marty's camp was the best he had attended 'til then..doesn't mean Gibbs won't dominate it.

Remember though..Marty wasn't that bad of a coach...remember that run at the end of the season? I think he would have done a lot better than Spurrier had he been allowed to stay.

I was ranting and raving when Dan fired Marty about how he had just thrown away a 10-6 season. Of course, when Spurrier was brought in, I thought just maybe it had been a good idea after all.....

garedskin
04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Sounds as if he is getting on board the Gibbs express. Good to read. I was starting to wonder if he was going to miss out on the return trip to the top of the summit. Glad he finally made it.