PDA

View Full Version : How we remember The True Teams

joethefan
04-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Hello you loyals all over the world. I was just here responding to another post about ages and I feel so blessed to have had the honor of witnissing the Real True Reign of JOE and Co..

It's good to have so many youngsters on here, but I believe the elders of the Burgundy and Gold should always keep the history of our Glory Days alive. I am one that believes that history repeating itself can be good and bad. In this case we needed some of the goodness to return back to Redskin Park and thus far, it has.

Now being 33, I know I'm not the oldest on this board but I recall such wonderful times from the 5th grade through college. We saw nothing but the best of:

A Team Filled with Spirit and Unity:
A city that was true to the Skins:
Darrell Green's Glory days (Can't Count that many)...lol
Doug Williams throwing TD after TD in the Second Quarter during the Superbowl and becoming the first African American QB to win the SB.
Dexter Manley knocking Danny White out in the NFC Championship Game
Riggo barreling downfield to score the winning touchdown against Miami to give us our first Superbowl win!!!
Tom Laundry Yelling at Danny White after he changed the play on 4th Down and inches in Dallas and Ron Springs running a sweep and getting smacked by a slew if Burgundy and Gold.
Art Monk catching the pass to set the all time recieving record.
Ricky Sanders, Gary Clark, Charlie Brown..Otis Wonsley, Joe Washington, Earnest Byner, Nick Giaquento, Don Warren, Doc Walker, Vernon Dean, Neal Okelwitz, Dave Butts, Monte Coleman, Charles Mann..the list goes on....
The Rivalry....
Thankgiving at 3:00.
Darrell Running Tony Dorsett down from 20 yards or more on Monday night football.
The Fun Bunch, The Hogs, The Smurfs, The Diesel.
The Parades.
Everyone running and celebrating all around over the city when we won all three Superbowls.
There are millions more but you my drift....
My eyes are tearing up just thinking about it.....THOSE WERE TRUE TEAMS. THE REAL BERGUNDY AND GOLD...May they forever remain in our Hearts....
Feel Free to add to the GLORY LIST.

garedskin
04-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Salvation has arrived once again in the form of Gibbs.How fitting.

sammy
04-09-2004, 07:30 PM
I just got Goosebumps.

PA Skins Girl
04-09-2004, 08:35 PM
So many GREAT memories from the first Gibbs era. The players were like folk heros to the "town". We knew so much about them, their families, everything. We had "Redskins Sidelines" with guest Redskins every week, where we could get up close and personal with them (RIP Glenn Brenner). All the players you mentioned in your original thread. Us old timers could probably name 30 more from that era. I'd be hard pressed to name a dozen players from our team of 5 years ago. And it wasn't just because they were winning either. It was something else, something so personal...

I really have to hand it to the young fans on the board here. The ones that dont remember those days. You guys, to be as in to it as you are, and not to have those memories? That's totally hard core. Prepare to be a part of something truly spectacular.

RedskinRyan
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
the only time you will ever hear me say it sucks being young. but my memories,

what about DG setting record for most consecutive seasons with an INT?
tony banks getting injured in his last game as a skin
lavar arrington rocking troy aikman

joethefan
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Well Said Skins Girl..Well Said..

hail2skins
04-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes, we elders have alot of good memories of our team and I believe we're about to create some more. This area is just crazy when we are winning. Everyone's in a good mood on Monday mornings and there's nothing like gathering in the morning with colleagues and discussing how we put a whooping on some team (especially those cowpukes). Riding on the Metro you see people proudly wearing their Burgundy and Gold waving and shaking hands with one another. You just can't beat that.

I remember skipping work to attend the parade we had for the last Superbowl. Downtown DC was crazy and crowded. The band led the team unto the Mall where Gibbs and co came out and hoisted the Lombardi we had just won. I was in Burgundy and Gold from top to bottom and underneath as well. It was an awesome time. The next year I joined the Redskins Marching Band and I can't wait to participate in a parade honoring our Skins.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.