PDA

View Full Version : Deals Proposed by hR members

ConradCountry
04-12-2004, 10:58 AM
What about this deal

Trade Sameuls to Cleveland for 1{7}
Trade 1{7} to Buffalo 1{13} and 2{43}, they ow can take Mike Williams or Roy Williams.

1{5} S Sean Taylor
1{13} DT Vince Wilfork/DE Will Smith
2{43} OT Max Starks
5{133} DE Bobby McCray
6{160} TE

Starks can step in and play at LT because he is not protecting the backside and his size should allow him some room to grow, plus the skins are dynamite at finding 2nd rd o-linemen.

NCskinsfanatic
04-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Thats a nice proposesal but it seems like we are offering Samuels to Oakland along with our #5 pick. We better be getting a player or low round pick thrown in.

Patrick
04-12-2004, 11:17 AM
LOL .....As I tell my teenage daughter - Way to use your imagination......

??? How are you guys that come up with these scenarios going to make it to next weekend? By the time the draft starts, you'll have worn yourself into a frazzle. ....... Oh Well - I guess that the fun of it - huh?

Spence
04-12-2004, 11:18 AM
This is what the NFL Draft does to people.

GoDannyBoy
04-12-2004, 11:19 AM
I would rather trade Samuels for the 7th 0r 8th pick and keep the 5. We might have to throw in another player or pick to do that, but I hope Taylor is still at 5.

Another option would be to trade him for a 2nd and 3rd, we keep the 1st round at 5. This way we could get taylor and still get help on the line. Esp. if we can get a three for Gardner.

redwolf1218
04-12-2004, 11:25 AM
I like the idea of trading samuels for the 7, but i want gallery at 1, so i'd offer marty the 5, plus garder, chad morton and trotter. we get gallery at 1 and then taylor/winslow at 7. thats it for day one. saves on beer and chips and all those computer printouts with the top 10 at each position.

NCskinsfanatic
04-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Id keep Morton RedWolf but I like that propasal just fine.

akhhorus
04-12-2004, 11:29 AM
This is what the NFL Draft does to people.

Well:
During the season we can bitch and moan about the games
After the season we can still bitch and moan about that games, but now we can debate who the skins should go after
Before the Draft: We can debate who the skins will pick
After draft: We can debate who the skins took and more bitching and moaning
During the season...

I think that's what's known as the great circle...

Spence
04-12-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't know if this sort of thing will multiply, but I'd like to have them all neatly packaged in one thread it if todes happen. So here is where they go.

redwolf1218
04-12-2004, 11:31 AM
i think marty has tim dwight as a returner doesnt he? so morton might not be an option to sweeten the deal anyway. i just figured since thrash had better numbers returning last year, and he is more valuable as a backup at receiver...maybe it would get the deal done. i really want gallery on the team. can you tell?

joethefan
04-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Sounds good but the only issue I would have is money....Are you assuming that Samuels or Rod will be gone somewhere in that mix?.....

Sounds very good but too realistic for Trick Danny....

redwolf1218
04-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Well:
During the season we can bitch and moan about the games
After the season we can still bitch and moan about that games, but now we can debate who the skins should go after
Before the Draft: We can debate who the skins will pick
After draft: We can debate who the skins took and more bitching and moaning
During the season...

I think that's what's known as the great circle...

it beats discussing the NBA (big babies) or baseball (yawn) or those fights where a hockey game breaks out.

akhhorus
04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
it beats discussing the NBA (big babies) or baseball (yawn) or those fights where a hockey game breaks out.

At least I have my international Cricket season to keep me occupied...

GolfFreak
04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
How about Sameuls to Cleveland for #7 (and whatever), then trade #5 to New England for the "Detriot" deal (2 first and 2 seconds) ... then we have 5 picks in the 1st two rounds!!! And we can probably still take Udeze or Winslow at #7.

PA Skins Girl
04-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I posted this on another thread, but here goes:

The #5 overall and Samuels for the #1 or #2 overall is a BAD trade. But, if we can do a deal that keeps our #5 overall, gets rid of Samuels and gains the #1 or #2 overall, I'm all for it, even if it means losing next year's #1. Here's what I think would be great:

1) Trade Samuels for to Cleveland for the #7 (heck, throw in the 5th rounder too, its still a good deal). Do it now. No need to wait.
2) Trade next years 1st rounder and Gardner for the #1 or #2 pick overall. Wait until draft day to ensure Gallery is still there.
3) Trade down with the #7 for a mid 1st rounder and mid 2nd rounder.

Net loss: Samuels, Gardner, next year's 1st rounder, this year's fifth rounder
Net gain: Gallery, mid first rounder, mid 2nd rounder.

Plus, you keep the #5 overall for either Taylor or Winslow.

If they could pull that off, it would be beautiful.

Skaggsrules
04-12-2004, 01:11 PM
that trade idea is the best i've heard, but Oakland would still like to have a first so they could draft Roy Williams, because Al Davis loves his speed, so trading with the Chargers would be the best bet

LavarBabyDaddy
04-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah I agree, plus with the money that we free up with Samuels contract can sign our rookies, not to mention give us money to go after the June 1st cuts for any unleft business. I like the idea though

akhhorus
04-12-2004, 01:35 PM
If Samuels is cut or traded: the Skins would be on the hook for 5.4 million of his pro-rated bonus, but they would save 8-9 million this year(about 3-4 million net savings this year) and another 8-10 million over each(maybe)of the next two years.

redwolf1218
04-12-2004, 01:56 PM
i like it! whatever gets us gallery. throw in a car, yacht and personal air plane for marty (he can name it "chargers one"), just get gallery. and oh yea then deal samuels for another top 10 pick. sweet!