PDA

View Full Version : Larry Allen

Stinkfist0
04-15-2004, 01:34 AM
ESPN says Dallas wants to trade Larry Allen for a middle round pick. The Raiders and Lions are interested so far. I would like to see the SKins at least make an offer to try and get him, even if unsuccessful. If the Boys would take our 5th ROUND pick (Not the 5th overall) for him I think that would be a good deal for us. Or even a conditional 2005 pick ranging between a 3rd-5th depending on performance.

I still think we could use an upgrade at G since Fiore has always been injury prone and Dockery still needs some time to learn the mental side of the game. Allen has been one of the league's best OL for a long time and would not only be a great pickup for a 5th round pick, but would also be able to help prepare Dockery to eventually take over the position.

Providing nothing comes of the Gallery rumors, a line of

Chris Samuels, Randy Thomas, Cory Raymer, Larry Allen, Jon Jansen

would have me very excited for the upcoming season

Yudolindo
04-15-2004, 02:01 AM
I think we should take our chances with what we have and use our picks to actually draft someone for once. Who knows: we could get lucky.

No more over-the-hill Cowboys for us.

dogfight6
04-15-2004, 05:50 AM
The Raiders or the Lions can have him. Too old, hurt to often and we can draft younger and let Bugle teach them.

redwolf1218
04-15-2004, 07:30 AM
samuels, (dockery, friedman, moore, fiore), raymer, thomas, jansen.

SkinsKY
04-15-2004, 07:33 AM
Dockery's gonna be a banger. I'd rather risk drafting a dud than hoping (probably in vain) that Allen can stay healthy all year.

wewantdallas
04-15-2004, 08:02 AM
I agree - ENOUGH with the ex-Cowboys. Have ANY of them ever done us any good?

Reminds me of one of the funniest things I ever heard from a Dallas fan, as much as I hate to admit it. When Norv was finally fired, this Cowboy fan left a post in the Redskins newsgroup that went something like:

"Norv, this is Commander Jones. Operation Butt-F*** complete. Return to base."

How right he was.

REDMAN
04-15-2004, 08:06 AM
They can keep him!

redwolf1218
04-15-2004, 08:16 AM
They can keep him!
either that or someone else can have him. he was great once, be he's an olf battered warrior. the only reason to take anyone from the cowboys is to pick their brain for information. their offense is not too hard to figure out. baseball players at QB throwing to keyshawn. their defense is great, but we already had a year to talk to brandon noble and peppi zellner about that. i dont want to become the washington cowskins.

RichardBradley
04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Personally I would love to have him but I beleive he makes to much money...

fent
04-15-2004, 09:41 AM
not only is he old and injury prone, but his attitude is horrible too. i just moved up here from Dallas and the entire time since parcells got there he was constantly getting on to allen through the media about how lazy he was and how he needed to get over himself and these little injuries he got. i can remember one game in particular that allen pulled himself because of a shoulder injury and when parcells came over to him on the bench he grabbed his face mask, yelled at him and threw him back on the field!

Skins57
04-15-2004, 10:29 AM
I say we pass in a big way, besides we do not have any mid round picks this year anyway, but even if we did I still say no too old and injury prone