PDA

View Full Version : Udeze injury rumor

SkinsCT
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
"There is a ton of misinformation tossed around this time of year about high-round draft prospects and one rumor is that Southern California defensive end Kenechi Udeze has a labrum injury that might require surgery and several months of rehabilitation. It's been tough to get a handle on this one. Some teams have denied the report, others feel it has some legs, and one NFC team doctor to whom we spoke acknowledged that his personnel director told him Friday to dig back into Udeze's medical reports. Udeze is expected to be the first or second defensive end to go off the board."
-From Pasquarelli's tip sheet earlier this week.

I remember hearing from another thread that Pasquarelli had information regarding an injury to a potential top 10 talent: is this the injury? If you're like me and think that our lack of substantial interest in Udeze is a sign that we're interested in him, perhaps via trading down in the first, how does this affect his draft status? Would any team draft someone in the first knowing he might not be ready to play at the start of the season?

If you're a rookie, and you completely miss your first training camp, you might as well call it a season cause you will never catch up.

redwolf1218
04-20-2004, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=SkinsCT Would any team draft someone in the first knowing he might not be ready to play at the start of the season?

If you're a rookie, and you completely miss your first training camp, you might as well call it a season cause you will never catch up.[/QUOTE]
the Bills drafted that Miami running back with the busted knee. i wouldnt have dont it, but to answer the question, someone might.

VirginiaRedskin
04-21-2004, 06:14 PM
This is huge if it its true. I like Tommie Harris and Will Smith better so it does not change my stance on what defensive linemen I would like to see; but it really changes this kids draft status. The way a DE has to use his shoulder to conduct a swim, rip, club and bull rush, you do not want this to become one of those nagging injuries that never seems to be 100%. To truly get a shoulder back to peak condition could be well into the season at a minimum. All this is speculation of course.