PDA

View Full Version : LIve Draft on ESPN.com

smoak
04-21-2004, 11:57 AM
espn. com is doing a live mock draft. the skins are on the clock now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/news/story?page=mockdraft/2004

here is the question they chose to answer:

Moderator: The Redskins pick next. The No. 5 pick is their only pick on the first day, so they better make it count. We have a question here from Lee Canfield in Bealeton, VA ... With all of the problems the Washington Redskins have with there DLine...why would they take Winslow or even Taylor? Wouldn't either Wilfork or Harris be a much better fit here?

John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: That's too high to take those guys (Wilfork or Harris) and remember, they addressed the D-line by getting Cornelius Griffin in free agency, plus some moves they made last year. Joe Gibbs is an offensive guy and unlike Steve Spurrier, he's trying to address the needs by finding the best guys available and not settling for a bunch of guys he can find from the University of Florida.

smoak
04-21-2004, 11:59 AM
wow, they have us taking KW2... interesting.

Smiley
04-21-2004, 12:11 PM
that is an interesting pick to me. i would think that we would take Taylor is he's there at #5.

RedskinsDave
04-21-2004, 12:22 PM
All this Winslow talk is driving me nuts. A tight end at 5?!! Get out of here with that crap. We need defensive players, and how.

JohnnyPark
04-21-2004, 12:25 PM
All this Winslow talk is driving me nuts. A tight end at 5?!! Get out of here with that crap. We need defensive players, and how.

Couldn't have said it better!

hail2skins
04-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Only time will tell.

CarMike
04-21-2004, 12:34 PM
How does anyone know that #5 is too early for Wilfork, Harris, or Smith? Wasn't Kearse taken in the second round?

Do you think anyone that passed him up early in the draft wouldn't have selected him earlier after knowing what they know now about him? Sure its easy to see that now. But who says that Wilfork doesn't go to 10 pro-bowls and will anchor our defense for years to come?

I just don't get it when they say that its too early for certain players to be picked at the #5 spot.

Dexter72
04-21-2004, 12:48 PM
How does anyone know that #5 is too early for Wilfork, Harris, or Smith? Wasn't Kearse taken in the second round?

Do you think anyone that passed him up early in the draft wouldn't have selected him earlier after knowing what they know now about him? Sure its easy to see that now. But who says that Wilfork doesn't go to 10 pro-bowls and will anchor our defense for years to come?

I just don't get it when they say that its too early for certain players to be picked at the #5 spot.

Kearse was a first...he was in the teens...Harris isn't that big (6'2 280). I think he would be a better fit for a team in a finesse division, like the Rams. Wilfolk I like, but I guess people are concerned about the weight.

garedskin
04-21-2004, 12:51 PM

Nah he went in the 1st at #11 i think. I could not agree more with you about this notion of draft value placement.It is horse shit.If you have a need then the top rated player at that pos. is at the top of your draft value board.

Patrick
04-21-2004, 01:05 PM

DAVE ...... Didn't you hear (read) what they said ...... We FIX the defensive problem in by getting Griffin and moves made last year. DAMN - I didn't realize ALL our problems had been solve ...... SOB... Now that we have Winslow (that missing piece) ..... WERE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!

What a bunch of CR:mad:P

Patrick
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
I think I'll way till Saturday to tell you (everyone) how I REALLY feel........... lol!

GolfFreak
04-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Let me ask everyone this question: when we play Detriot this year would you be afraid to play against - Taylor or Winslow?

Whoever you pick is who we should take.

I'd choose Taylor since we've seen safeties recently change their team defense (look at the Boys, Eagles, etc...). I hope we don't go Offense - we have had too many high picks for the offense lately.

Patrick
04-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Neither because Detroit is still going to SUCK!~

CarMike
04-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys for setting me straight about Kearse. I thought he slipped out of the 1st round.

Glad you guys still got the point I was trying to make.

Skins57
04-21-2004, 02:15 PM

Amen Dave

Skins57
04-21-2004, 02:17 PM
JohnnyPArk, welcome to hR glad you could join us. Not sure if I had welcomed you or not so I wanted to make sure I did

Shirts'n'Skins
04-21-2004, 02:57 PM
I think if you have a chance to take a great football player, you should take him, regardless of his position. based on what I know of the players in this years draft, I don't see any defensive linemen I would spend more than a second round pick on. shockey is infuriating to play against because it seems like he's always uncovered. I think Winslow will be the same way. and I don't by any "defense wins championships" cliches. you win with players who want to win and believe that they will. winslow is a fiery competitor who I think will add a real spark to the team

badpigs442
04-21-2004, 02:59 PM
Nah he went in the 1st at #11 i think. I could not agree more with you about this notion of draft value placement.It is horse shit.If you have a need then the top rated player at that pos. is at the top of your draft value board.

Kearse was #16.

Portis-DA-Great
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
anyway javon has not shown me anthing in the past few years but that he can get hurt

DenverSkinsFan
04-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Thank God for that post! The thing I hate the most about the draft are the grades that "experts" like Mel Kiper and Pastabelly give out immediately after the draft. Basically, if a team picked a player higher than Kiper thought he should have gone, it was a bad pick. We really won't know how good these players will be until a couple of years from now. I say just take the best and biggest impact player at a position of need.

TwistyNiblet
04-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, there wouldn't be enough balls to throw to Coles, Thrash, McCants, Gardner, AND Winslow...