PDA

View Full Version : UFA Thread

HollywoodKolt
04-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Anybody heard of anyone that we've signed, post them here.

padraic
04-26-2004, 06:28 PM
New Mexico LB William Strother
BYU OT Quinn Christensen
Maryland WR Jafar Williams and S Dennard Wilson

This is from the Washington Times......I would like to see us sign TE Peters From ARK. The guy is 320 lbs and 6'4. There is no doubt that a few really good plays slipped through this year.

RedskinsVision
04-26-2004, 06:32 PM
and DT Ryan Boschetti from UCLA

when are they gonna release everyone else??

Skinfan1972
04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
New Mexico LB William Strother
BYU OT Quinn Christensen
Maryland WR Jafar Williams and S Dennard Wilson

This is from the Washington Times......I would like to see us sign TE Peters From ARK. The guy is 320 lbs and 6'4. There is no doubt that a few really good plays slipped through this year.

Thanks Pad I haven't heard much!

HollywoodKolt
04-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Good lord another OT! this is getting rediculous.

truant
04-26-2004, 06:41 PM
DT Ryan Boschetti, UCLA

WR Jafar Williams, Maryland

S Dennard Wilson, Maryland

WR John Standeford, Purdue

LB Billy Strother, New Mexico

OL Quinn Christensen, BYU

BlacksburgHog
04-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Garnell Wilds--CB, Virginia Tech

Garnell was a great corner for Tech. He was injured for the latter half of the season but played very consistent while he was here. I'm not saying this with my hokie blinders on either, this kid is for real. DeAngelo Hall got most of the press coverage running back kicks, while Wilds was busy playing hard, keeping his mouth shut, and trying to win football games. In short, he was very underated and the VT defense took a huge loss when he got hurt.

Source: BeamerBall.com, front page
http://www.beamerball.com/free/index.htm

gmulion
04-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I would love to see us draft DT Childress from Alabama, the guy 6'6 335lbs, just put him in and let him clog up the middle!

I'm also a little disappointed we missed out on QB Lorenzen from Kentucky, he could of been the next Sunny.

Ramsey2Moss
04-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Most underrated QB this year: Rob Kent. He's a beast but he came from like a Division 3 school so no one drafted him. Signed with Tennessee today. Best of luck for him.

I would also like us to go after Childress.

truant
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Garnell Wilds--CB, Virginia Tech

Garnell was a great corner for Tech. He was injured for the latter half of the season but played very consistent while he was here. I'm not saying this with my hokie blinders on either, this kid is for real. DeAngelo Hall got most of the press coverage running back kicks, while Wilds was busy playing hard, keeping his mouth shut, and trying to win football games. In short, he was very underated and the VT defense took a huge loss when he got hurt.

Source: BeamerBall.com, front page
http://www.beamerball.com/free/index.htm

Did we get him, or are you mentioning him as a player to target?

BlacksburgHog
04-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Did we get him, or are you mentioning him as a player to target?

I'm not mentioning him as a player to target. Just by going off of Beamerball.com, it leads me to believe that we got him.

Ramsey2Moss
04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah I just checked that site too and it says we signed him. tight!

redwolf1218
04-26-2004, 07:58 PM
yea, it pretty much says garnell wilds went to the redskins as a free agent. what else do you know about him?

Redskinfan28
04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Brandon Kennedy went to Denver
The big DT from Iowa state went to Carolina.

Ramsey2Moss
04-26-2004, 08:24 PM
yea, it pretty much says garnell wilds went to the redskins as a free agent. what else do you know about him?

he played nickelback behind Hall and Green last year (i think). Pretty good but not too big if I do remember correctly. A good special teams player right now and could give Bauman or Jimoh a run for their money at 5th CB.

TwistyNiblet
04-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm excited to see if that DT does anything special.

PA Skins Girl
04-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Garnell Wilds Player Page:

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/2002/wilds.html

So, how many CB's are on the roster now?

BlacksburgHog
04-26-2004, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Ramsey2Coles]he played nickelback behind Hall and Green last year (i think). Pretty good but not too big if I do remember correctly.QUOTE]

Wilds played nickel I beleive his sophomore and part of his junior year. This past season, he had the starting job with Hall, and Green played nickel. When Wilds got hurt, Green moved to the starting position. A couple of others also saw time. Wilds does have a lengthy frame but has a great ability to read the ball. Defends the run well, and was a solid contributor in every game. Could give a couple guys a real run in camp. Easily the 2nd best corner at VT behind Hall. I actually think Wilds coverage skills are better than Hall's are right now. Also, is a great guy with a team attitude.

Suits
04-26-2004, 09:41 PM
SS/LB Greg Carothers, Washington so many linebackers.... please let us switch to a 3-4