PDA

View Full Version : Madden Experience (with updated rosters)

Ramsey2Moss
05-02-2004, 12:26 PM
I've played a few games with my updated rosters against varius teams (on all pro, 5 minute quarters default sliders). Some observations from different games:
Redskins vs. Eagles - Skins win 35-21
TO was very controlled by a double team of Taylor (84 OVR) and Springs.
McNabb scrambled like crazy for some big gains. Arrington missed a few hits but Ramsey was unstoppable.
Portis was amazing. 156 yards on 23 carries with 3 TDs.

Giants vs Redskins - Skins win 24-21
Eli torched our secondary for 3 TDs and 281 yards. Taylor picked him off once.
Barber fumbled like crazy.
Portis was contained for only 71 yards on 20 carries.
Ramsey got picked off twice but Coles had an amazing game.

Ravens vs Redskins - Skins win 21-10
Sooo many dropped passes. Garnder had 2 and Coles had 3.
Ramsey was picked off twice after throwing for 2 TDs so I put in Brunell.
Ray Lewis dominated on defense, and J Lewis dominted on offense. Madden makes Jamal waaay too good.
Springs picked off Wright, and Taylor made his presence felt.
Skins D held tough on third downs.
The least likely of heroes, James Thrash, lead in recieving for the skins.
Portis was pretty much contained except for one play when he trucked Ed Reed and ran 75 yards for a TD.

funnyperson1
05-02-2004, 12:48 PM
One thing me and LifetimeRedskin found while playing with updated rosters except for the draft picks was that for some reason Shawn Springs sucked majorly.

I don't know why he did, his rating is pretty good, but he was always caught not in position and stuff like that.

We ended up trading him for draft picks and Walt Harris does a much better job than Springs ever did and almost never gets burned.

Also Marcus Washington is a beast. And Philip Daniels finished the first season with ten sacks.

Not to mention that our offense is unstoppable. One season I averaged 40.5 points a game.

You think you could mail me the roster with the draft picks? Or is this the PS2 version?

Ramsey2Moss
05-02-2004, 12:58 PM
This is for ps2, but if you buy an action replay you can download the rosters even for xbox at ps2rosters.com . These rosters are really nice and as soon as my X-Port comes in off of Ebay I'm going to download all the NCAA and Madden stuff.

funnyperson1
05-03-2004, 01:20 PM
This is for ps2, but if you buy an action replay you can download the rosters even for xbox at ps2rosters.com . These rosters are really nice and as soon as my X-Port comes in off of Ebay I'm going to download all the NCAA and Madden stuff.
I have the PC version and found StruttDaddys updated roster at football-gaming.com.

Simulated two seasons and Taylor is a 91, hes a complete beast. Cooley really just sucks because not only is he slow he is only given 60 catching to start out.

Only big complaint I have is that he gave Ohalete #28 and I didn't know before I started the franchise :(.

'SkinsSouth
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Could one of you post or send (via e-mail) the updated rosters? I would appreciate it. You can do that for a fellow, 'Skins fan, right? ;-) lol Thanks.

funnyperson1
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
SkinsSouth, I put up StrutDaddy roster on my site for you:

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/asohangh/files/StruttdaddyRosterV27.ros

Remember to change Ohalete's number before you start a franchise.:/

'SkinsSouth
05-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Funnyperson, it seems from the link that you provided, that I have to download the 'Skins roster.... For one, I can't do this at work.... Secondly, I have a dinosaur for a PC at the home and it probably will take quite sometime for me to do so there. lol I was hoping you could copy it via on this site (in this forum). Actually, I would like the rosters for all 32 NFL teams.... I'm getting somewhat bored playing Madden 2004 and I figured, if I can get the updated rosters that it will add some more spice to playing it until Madden 2005 is in stores in August. Thanks for the link.... And, I hope you can send the updated rosters for all teams through this forum or e-mail. Thanks, again.

funnyperson1
05-05-2004, 06:21 PM
The file I posted simply replaces the Madden 2004 roster file which will have the updated players for every team.

This roster is for the PC version and no matter how I sent you would have to download it. It isn't a list of names or anything, its a Madden file which I can't post as text or email as text.

If you have a PS2 or Xbox version of Madden, then I can't help but I am sure there are many others that can.

Ramsey2Moss
05-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Skins, if it's for PS2, go on ps2rosters.com and download the .zip file of the updated madden roster. You need an Xport to transfer the files to your memory card on the ps2. I'll know more when my friend comes over with his Xport on Friday.

lb56blitz
05-06-2004, 05:38 PM
I just downloaded my 2005 roster off ps2rosters.com. i used my x-port to transfer it to my ps2. It rocks! Portis is off the hook and even taylor is good. man it's nice to play as the redskins and have a running game for a change. I just can't wait for the official Madden 2005 to come out so I can use the new skins online.

Ramsey2Moss
05-06-2004, 08:05 PM
I just downloaded my 2005 roster off ps2rosters.com. i used my x-port to transfer it to my ps2. It rocks! Portis is off the hook and even taylor is good. man it's nice to play as the redskins and have a running game for a change. I just can't wait for the official Madden 2005 to come out so I can use the new skins online.

WORD!!! Using the X-Port tomorrow when my friend comes over. It's gonna be sweet.