PDA

View Full Version : Final episode of Friends

AGibbsGirl
05-06-2004, 09:19 AM
OK, 10 years in the making.

Are you watching the final episode of Friends tonight?

(PS: I've never done a poll before :D)

akhhorus
05-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Id rather have cancer in a sensitive area than watch the friends finale.

GolfFreak
05-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Yes, but certain characters have become very annoying these last few years. So I can't say it's a show I HAVE to watch, but I'll either watch it tonight or tomorrow (thank you TIVO).

fent
05-06-2004, 10:39 AM

hear hear...i think i've watched a grand total of 3 episodes in it's entire history

RedskinsDave
05-06-2004, 10:48 AM
I'll dvr it.

Spence
05-06-2004, 10:50 AM
The first two years that show was funny. I laughed pretty regularly. After that, though, it stopped being a good comedy and started becoming a good soap opera. And I don't like soap operas--good or bad.

GolfFreak
05-06-2004, 11:10 AM
There have been some really funny episodes (the holidy armadillo and the one about condoms only been 99% effective come to mind). But this is not a show I'll watch repeats of - like I do w/ Seinfeld.

dj_stouty
05-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Nope...I got softball tonight. Regardless, I'm not a big fan of the series. I'll probably tivo it for my wife, and play madden while she watches it! :D

RedskinRyan
05-06-2004, 12:29 PM
im surprised that more people voted no(6) than yes(5). i dunno if i should feel wierd for saying that i will watch it. it should be funny, but if it gets all sappy, then im gonna go off into the wild and do something else. i hate when funny shows get sappy(like 8 simple rules after the sad death of jon ritter).

WackyJacky
05-06-2004, 12:52 PM
No way am I missing Survivor and CSI for Friends!

I agree with Spence -- it started out as a funny show, but it didn't take long to "jump the shark". They've been needing to call it quits for a while now. And I would be willing to bet it's gonna go out of its way to try to be a major tearjerker.

AGibbsGirl
05-06-2004, 01:16 PM
In all honesty, I haven't watched it in a few years, but it is a TV event. Sorta like the last episode of M*A*S*H
So I will moo like a cow and follow the rest of the herd off the cliff...

I will tape Survivor and CSI
('course CSI is nothing but repeats all the time anyway...)

SkinsCT
05-06-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm not kidding - I have never caught an episode of Friends before. It is a really popular show, but I never caught the fever like a lot of people I know. On the other hand, I've never met a girl who hasn't been a die-hard member of the Friends fan club.

I was a Seinfeld fan and I remember watching the final episode of that and being disappointed. Something of finale's, you can never be satisfied with them, either you don't get any closure on the characters or you're just plain upset over how they all turned out.

RedskinsDave
05-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I remember hanging out at Carpool in Ballston years ago when Friends and Seinfeld ruled. If you got there before 9, it was easy to get in and mostly guys cause the ladies didn't show up until those two shows were over.

Friends was fine until they crossed the line with the Joey and Rachel thing. Too much inbreeding in that group.

hail2skins
05-06-2004, 02:02 PM
I'll watch it or Tivo will record it for me.

TwistyNiblet
05-06-2004, 04:02 PM
No, I make it a general rule to stay away from Friends and The OC. But, I might as well ask, did anyone catch the season finale last night? :)

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-06-2004, 04:14 PM
no. i dont even watch the show. the last episode is becoming so hyped that i almost feel compelled to watch........ keep in mind that i said almost compelled.

SkinsGuru
05-06-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm not kidding - I have never caught an episode of Friends before. It is a really popular show, but I never caught the fever like a lot of people I know. On the other hand, I've never met a girl who hasn't been a die-hard member of the Friends fan club.

I was a Seinfeld fan and I remember watching the final episode of that and being disappointed. Something of finale's, you can never be satisfied with them, either you don't get any closure on the characters or you're just plain upset over how they all turned out.

I thought the Seinfeld finale was awesome . . . sort of summed up the state of their lives.

straightupbeast
05-06-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah i respect Seinfeld a lot because they kept true to their idea of nothing...because in the end nothing really happened...no marriages/babies.. ever since friends has incorporated those 2 things into their show its just gone downhill

lb56blitz
05-06-2004, 06:41 PM
yeah, i will prolly watch it. my wife is a huge fan and if I will watch it with her. she sits through things she doesn't want to watch with me, so it's the least I can do for her. the show does have some funny moments, but the stupidity of the situations drive me away. besides, she says i am spending way more time with the computer (you guys) and madden than with her. it's true and sad at the same time.

akhhorus
05-06-2004, 06:48 PM
ill watch it if they execute each "friend" one by one in different ways

Green-Is-Good
05-06-2004, 07:10 PM
yeah i respect Seinfeld a lot because they kept true to their idea of nothing...because in the end nothing really happened...no marriages/babies.. ever since friends has incorporated those 2 things into their show its just gone downhill

Yeah, it was a show about nothing. Brilliant!

Am I watching the last episode of Friends? I would rather put a revolver to my head.

rskinsfan10
05-06-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm watching it right now.

lb56blitz
05-06-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm watching it right now.

me too. i hate the clipshow part though, boring.

rskinsfan10
05-06-2004, 08:06 PM
me too. i hate the clipshow part though, boring.

Yeah, I was expecting 2hrs of original material, not memories in the 1st hr.

Ramsey2Moss
05-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Seinfeld is the awesome. I did not watch the Friends finale though. I watched Survivor and now I'm watching Mad TV then South Park.

IowaSkinsFan
05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
I gave up Friends when Rachel and Ross broke up. I mean, come on, why was Rachel so upset, they were "on a break"!

Jeeez.

RedskinsDave
05-07-2004, 09:58 AM
ill watch it if they execute each "friend" one by one in different ways

That's a bit much.

AGibbsGirl
05-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Well, I watched...and remembered why I stopped watching...

I didn't watch the first hour because I needed to see who that snake, Boston Rob, was gonna kick off the island next...poor Big Tom...did you see that murderous stare he gave Rob as he left? http://www.frugal-families.com/forums/images/smilies/tribe.gif

IowaSkinsFan
05-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Oooohhh, missed this one first time around!

Okay, let's see.

I'd rather drink terpentine and piss on a brush fire than watch the final episode of friends.

akhhorus
05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Oooohhh, missed this one first time around!

Okay, let's see.

I'd rather drink terpentine and piss on a brush fire than watch the final episode of friends.

Id rather stuff my Huevos (rancheros) through a laminator than watch the Friends finale.

GolfFreak
05-07-2004, 01:14 PM
So, the show is over. I thought the ending was good, but stupid jokes like usual. Then ending w/ Ross & Rachel was funny - being on a break came up again.

Anyway - glad it's over. Wonder if Joey's new show will work out.

Green-Is-Good
05-07-2004, 05:36 PM
10 years? It seemed like a hell of a lot more. I would rather interupt Andy Reid while he is eating his lunch than watch that show.

IndianBaller27
05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
did u like the ending of friends? did u like it? i thought it was good cuz when ross was like "DID YOU GET OFF THE PLANE!!!?!?!?!! then rachel in a faint voice said "i got off the plane." i thought it was a good way to end it... and when they showed the apartment and the very end i thought was a great idea... so what are ur thoughts?

IndianBaller27
05-09-2004, 11:37 AM
it didnt go downhill i just turned into more a girly show

hail2skins
05-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Threads merged.

dj_stouty
05-09-2004, 11:57 AM
I watched it on Tivo.

When Rachel got onto the plane, and Ross and Phoebe were hugging, I thought THAT should have been the ending! Ross gets dissed!

Yeah...I'm evil! :D

IllinoiSkinFan
05-10-2004, 08:52 AM
I will admit that I watched friends for the first 2 seasons. but only if it happened to be on when I was looking for something to watch. But after that the show so went downhill I could not stand to watch it. A good premise for a show and a good cast, but they ran out of ideas really fast.
Producers should be willing to end a show when it just passes it's "apex". Otherwise it ends up dragging on and on.

As soon as a show starts showing "progression" it is a sign that the show is coming to an end. Look at the Simpsonís. Because no one ever grew older the show has been able to be around a while. I donít watch it, but it has been around for a long time. I think as soon as you start marrying off people or having babies or garbage like that you destroy what the show actually was. Take Seinfeld... no one ever got married or had babies or what not.

A while back I used to love northern exposure (embarrassing to admit) but you know the show had just passed it's apex when the doctor and the pilot finally hooked up. Now the producers realized this too and soon broke them back up. It was too late, it had started the show progressing. Of course in the case of that show the real death to it was the main character leaving.

X-files was a show I liked when each show was a stand alone show. They started adding a little ongoing plot and that was not too bad. but soon the ongoing plot took over the show. That was the point where it had passed its apex. And I therefore stopped watching it.