PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me. . .

RTandler
05-30-2004, 02:50 PM
. . .to introduce myself. I'm Rich Tandler and, as has been noted on a thread elsewhere I've written a couple of books about the Skins. I've been lurking here from time to time and it looks like a fun place to hang out so I figured it's now time to jump into the conversation.

I've been a Skins fan since 1967, so I've been through a couple of dry stretches wrapped around Allen and Gibbs I and now Gibbs II. I have very high expectations of this team, I'm not one of those going around hoping for 8-8 or 9-7. With the talent and coaching present, double-digit wins and a playoff run are the minimum one should expect.

Death_Venom
05-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Nice to meet ya Rich Tandler.........Sorry but i do not think i have read any of your books............Either way I am expecting a 10-6 year with a possible play-off appearance...........10-6 only because the Defense Line is not entirely stabilized yet-..........After next year's Draft I am sure our Defense will be in much better shape...........

hail2skins
05-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the board Rich Tandler, glad to have you with us. It'll be fun talking about the Redskins this season.

CarMike
05-30-2004, 05:24 PM
RTandler...welcome to hR. I'm familiar with you and your books.

Glad you finally took the next step and registered here.

Skins57
05-30-2004, 06:37 PM
welcome to hR Rich. Glad you joined us here, I don't believe I have ever read any of your books but I have heard mention of them.

NCskinsfanatic
05-30-2004, 06:44 PM
Welcome Rich. I'm sure you will find(as many of us here have)that there is no better place to talk Redskins football. I have not read any of your work but would be interested in doing so. Stick around and welcome aboard.

skins111111
05-30-2004, 06:52 PM
welcome rich. don't be shy post a little tast of your work.....I love to read anything about the Skins

gibbsisgod
05-30-2004, 06:55 PM
welcome Rich, I'm also familiar with your books, you found a good place in httr.

LadyNRedskinsfan
05-30-2004, 07:21 PM
:welcome: to hR rich. i havent read any of your books, only a few excerpts. i have high expectations for this team as well. i know the magic gibbs can perform and i expect him to work his magic on the team this team, the second time around as well. i look forward to your input......

PennSkinsFan
05-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Welcome Rich. Glad to have ya here at hR as well!

Rich has a History ha san excelletn Redskins history book, Redskisn A to Z History. Link hre to look and buy

Rich's Book (http://www.redskinsatoz.com/AtoZ/index.htm)

RTandler
05-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Hail2, CarMike, and Penn, great, great job with this board. It looks great, you make the user options easy to find and there area a lot of them, and it appears that you patrol the neighborhood well; few trolls and out-of-line posts.

LATrueRedskin
05-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the board. I'm excited to hear your knowledge of the team on this board.

BandWagon
05-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Welcome! I'm surprised and excited that you've stopped in. It will be great to hear your opinion throughout the year. Also glad to hear you're solidly on, or nearby by, my 11-5 bandwagon. Now injuries aside (which are always the intangible) based on the schedule alone, I don't see this team losing more than 5 (6 on the outside) games. I'm very curious what led you to your 10 win conclusion?

LuvSkins17
05-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Welcome Rich. I got Gut Check last week. Great read. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

Axegrinder
05-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Welcome and pull up a chair.As you can see,we're all excited and loaded with anticipation of the upcomming football season.You are in the right place.Thanks for signing up,I look foward to reading your posts.Who knows,maybe you'll write a book on football[SKINS]fan sites one day.

HanburgerBum
05-31-2004, 03:21 AM
Welcome Rich from a fellow rookie (I just joined 3 days ago). It has already been a lot of fun for me, and I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

flave1969
05-31-2004, 05:13 AM
A warm welcome from the UK Rich.

redwolf1218
05-31-2004, 08:20 AM
welcome rich, and welcome hanburger. chris hanburger was working at universal ford here in richmond about a year ago, right across broad street from my office in the west end, about 9 miles from my house. i'll always remember a picture of him in a book my dad got me when i was a kid watching the skins with george allen as coach, chris hanburger rushing the passer, leaping up over a blocker, i swear he must have been 4 or 5 feet in the air somehow. anyways, a warm welcome to you both, if there's a skins article somewhere in the world, or any kind of news anywhere, these guys will find it.

chrisbcbu
05-31-2004, 08:21 AM
Welcome Rich, im sure all of us are looking forward to some insightful posts by you!

TexSkin
05-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Glad to have you aboard Rich Tandler, feel free to jump inot any conversation here. :)

RTandler
05-31-2004, 08:35 AM
welcome rich, and welcome hanburger. chris hanburger was working at universal ford here in richmond about a year ago, right across broad street from my office in the west end, about 9 miles from my house.
Hello, Redwolf, from a fellow Richmonder although I live South of the James, so you may not really consider me one (it's a Richmond thing, the rest of you might not understand).

I met Hanburger in the early 90's. I think he was at a different Ford dealer (Richmond Ford, I think). He's a particular favorite of mine. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see one of my proudest moments from years ago.

http://www.redskinsatoz.com/About%20author.htm

Hanburger was one of the Redskins that came to my high school for a Skins vs. faculty basketball game and I managed to weasel a seat next to him on the bench. Of course, I made an absolute fool out of myself when trying to talk with him!

redwolf1218
05-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Hello, Redwolf, from a fellow Richmonder although I live South of the James, so you may not really consider me one (it's a Richmond thing, the rest of you might not understand).

I met Hanburger in the early 90's. I think he was at a different Ford dealer (Richmond Ford, I think). He's a particular favorite of mine. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see one of my proudest moments from years ago.

http://www.redskinsatoz.com/About%20author.htm

Hanburger was one of the Redskins that came to my high school for a Skins vs. faculty basketball game and I managed to weasel a seat next to him on the bench. Of course, I made an absolute fool out of myself when trying to talk with him!
i grew up in the southside (Bon Air area, forest hill, chippenham, huguenot, pony pastures on the James, etc.) and still have family over there. it just so happens i bought my house out in goochland just past short pump almost 10 years ago. that's a great link, thanks for posting it.

AGibbsGirl
05-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Ahhh, more Redskins Royalty.
Now we have an author amongst us!
We are privileged to have you RTandler!
Hopefully, you will stick around and give us some great memories
(for those of us who can barely remember who they are…)

Welcome aboard!

RedskinRyan
05-31-2004, 10:25 AM
i think that a postseason visit is just about guaranteed for us too

garedskin
05-31-2004, 11:17 AM
. . .to introduce myself. I'm Rich Tandler and, as has been noted on a thread elsewhere I've written a couple of books about the Skins. I've been lurking here from time to time and it looks like a fun place to hang out so I figured it's now time to jump into the conversation.

I've been a Skins fan since 1967, so I've been through a couple of dry stretches wrapped around Allen and Gibbs I and now Gibbs II. I have very high expectations of this team, I'm not one of those going around hoping for 8-8 or 9-7. With the talent and coaching present, double-digit wins and a playoff run are the minimum one should expect.

Glad you joined.We share the same expectations of a Joe Gibbs led Washington Redskins team.I have been a die hard myself since 72.This forum is the best that I have been able to find and I really have come to enjoy posting my thoughts here. :Peace:

skinsfan44
06-01-2004, 04:19 AM
Welcome, Rich.

Glad you made it over here.

I have a signed copy of Rich's book "The Redskins from A to Z, A complete history of the Redskins" and it is a book EVERY Redskins fan should own.

It is a great book, with stats, and everything about all the games from 1937 to 2001. I keep it by my computer to use as a referance book.

Hey, Rich.

When is volume II: People and Places coming out?

frenchskinsfan
06-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Welcome from France Rich.

Nice to have you aboard, I couldn't resist a long time end ordered your last book this morning.
Hope you'll stick around through the season.

Patrick
06-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Hey RT, nice to have another "older" guy around. Hope you stay around - should be fun this year.

RTandler
06-01-2004, 05:44 AM
Hey, Rich.

When is volume II: People and Places coming out?

That was going to be out later this year or early next--until Gibbs returned and I turned my attention to chronicling Gibbs I in Gut Check. That pushes Volume II back to '05 or '06. I can assure that the longer you have to wait for it, the better it will be. Just when I think I have the format down for each player profile, I think of something else to add and have to go back and start redoing each one.

vegeta2364
06-01-2004, 06:33 AM
welcome... adn they extended the amount of playoff teams by 2 I belive so it should be easier. I think it was because of the saints because they were the only ones with a winning record that didn't make the playoffs

NamVet4
06-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Welcome RTandler, Rich, and glad you introduced yourself to all of us here!
:welcome:
This is the best place on the web for the fans point of view!
Enjoy your time with all of us! :)

Seebs
06-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Welcome Guys!
Hope you'll enjoy here! Normally U will!