PDA

View Full Version : Another writer loves the Skins this year

Redskinfan28
06-25-2004, 09:32 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2004/harkush1904.htm

redwolf1218
06-25-2004, 09:38 AM
if i was a bettin man, i'd bet on the skins. someone some comes from no where and surprises the league every year. we are really poised to do that this year.

colkurtz
06-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Very good article, but I'd rather keep our expectations lower. Too often the Redskins have been the lions of the spring and the lambs of the fall. I see us in the 9-7 or 10-6 level.

SkinsCT
06-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Wow, talk about glowing. He definitely gave Gibbs the respect he deserves.

FootballNorth
06-25-2004, 09:57 AM
All I know is Vegas has the Skins at about 33-1 to win the Super Bowl right now. Pretty good odds to throw down 10 or 20 bucks I think!

GolfFreak
06-25-2004, 10:24 AM
good article

BandWagon
06-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Yep, he about summed it up didn't he? Doesn't seem to be an agenda there...just a honest assessment. I think we will be "scary" on offense. Should make up for any concerns with the defense in most cases. There may be a game or two that gets away from us, but our chances are quite good to be a playoff contender.

GoDannyBoy
06-25-2004, 10:41 AM
"Scary" on offense on offense will be fun to watch! But I don't think it will be all that easy, I do think that league parity will help Gibbs more than Salary Cap will hurt him!

Bring on the season. Go Gibbs and Go Skins!!

smoak
06-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Very good article, but I'd rather keep our expectations lower. Too often the Redskins have been the lions of the spring and the lambs of the fall. I see us in the 9-7 or 10-6 level.

i know!!!

i just keep repeating the word "gibbs" to myself to calm the fear.

skins111111
06-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Its nice to see articals written by unbiased observers that see the same things I'm seeing..........I know I always have my burgandy and gold glasses on and hearing some of you neigh sayers, I begin to doubt the facts. I can't see us going less than 12-4 unless we have some serious injuries.

bantu
06-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Anything over 10-6 may be a stretch for a few reasons. I know people are going to sight our schedule as weaker than seasons past and bank on wins here and there. The same people are also the ones that say parity will help us; however, if you believe in parity than how can you predict the schedule accurately? Secondly, lets be honest, we are not in the eagles league just yet. Sure we look great on paper (as usual), but the eagles have proven that they are the best in our division if not our conference, and we haven't proven anything yet. I think the troubles for us our going to be things you can't force like getting used to the nuances of the offensive and defensive schemes, playing with new players they haven't played with before, and preventing injuries.
In my opinion, 10-6 would be great but I think 9-7 would be a more realistic prediction given the nature of our division as well. But this would be just the beginning and the seasons to come are going to be even greater.

IndianBaller27
06-25-2004, 12:01 PM
if i was a bettin man, i'd bet on the skins. someone some comes from no where and surprises the league every year. we are really poised to do that this year.
Yeah thats true. Like last year it was the Bengals, and a lot of people liked them and they wanted them to win.

whistleandthumb
06-25-2004, 12:05 PM
What a fantastic article. I have a feeling that as the season gets closer, there are going to be more objective sports writers and analysts who start picking us to win the division. It's going to be an exciting time. I think I might have to head to Vegas to put down a 20 spot on the 'Skins.

I think the word "scary" barely says how great our offense will be.

HanburgerBum
06-25-2004, 01:06 PM
If this keeps up in the national media, we won't be able to fly under the radar. Expectations, and thus pressure, will be very high. I hope we lose most, if not all, of our pre-season games, as some Gibbs teams have done in the past. That will help to temper the over-hype. We certainly don't want to be like the last 2 seasons under Spurrier, when we were lions in August and lambs the Sept-Jan.

LadyNRedskinsfan
06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
these writers that know and remember gibbs have a reason to like us this year, but i just dont want them to. at least everyone isnt picking us to win the win the divison, just compete for it.

ihatedallas
06-26-2004, 10:47 AM
good article...these kind of articles make me mad though becuase i want the season to be here already!

IowaSkinsFan
06-27-2004, 11:12 PM
All aboard! The Redskin Bandwagon leaves in 5 minutes.

PyroGenic
06-27-2004, 11:21 PM
i was checking out some dude from my register (not checking him out like checking him out, he had to pay for his stuff) and he saw my hat and we started talking about the second coming. Then he told me that he used to be in the marching band but left once we started losing... what kind of fan is he? He needs to support his team even through the darkest of times. Bandwagon indeed

garedskin
06-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Its nice to see articals written by unbiased observers that see the same things I'm seeing..........I know I always have my burgandy and gold glasses on and hearing some of you neigh sayers, I begin to doubt the facts. I can't see us going less than 12-4 unless we have some serious injuries.

Gibbs is the single reason why the 2004 Redskins will not be sitting at home in January.He will transform this collection of talent into winners, unlike past years. :Peace:

Farbod
06-28-2004, 02:29 PM
All I know is Vegas has the Skins at about 33-1 to win the Super Bowl right now. Pretty good odds to throw down 10 or 20 bucks I think!

Just got back from Vegas...

Skins were 10-1 to win superbowl... Only teams ahead of them were Pats, Colts, and Iggles...

smoak
06-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Gibbs is the single reason why the 2004 Redskins will not be sitting at home in January.He will transform this collection of talent into winners, unlike past years. :Peace:

amen!

superskin
06-28-2004, 08:43 PM
What is most exciting about that article is the fact that his "prediction" is supported by accurate facts and assessments. This is a person who has apparent knowledge of the game, and has thought this thing out.

I have said it many times, my friends, and I will say it again...THIS IS THE YEAR THE REDSKINS TAKE BACK THE EAST, AND THE GREATEST 12TH MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL TAKES BACK ITS HOUSE.

Period.

REDMAN
06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
I hope his prediction comes true.

redwolf1218
06-29-2004, 10:01 AM
as bad as we were last year, we lost a lot of games by 7 points or less. the carolina panthers won those games. how many overtime games did they win in route to the superbowl? we will hang tough this year and compete. i wont be surprised if win the division. the eagles...everyone talks about how they got kearse and TO, and those are huge additions no doubt, but they lost a lot too.

IowaSkinsFan
06-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Just got back from Vegas...

Skins were 10-1 to win superbowl... Only teams ahead of them were Pats, Colts, and Iggles...

WOW.

redwolf1218
06-30-2004, 06:55 AM
i wouldnt mind putting in a bet with those odds. we have so much depth everywhere it seems. and injuries play such a big role each year down the stretch.