PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Employment?

monkskins
07-15-2004, 06:43 PM
I created a similiar post on warpath. I am a native of Dallas Texas and are currently employed in the Metroplex. After several weeks of discussions with my family I have decided to seek full time employment with the Washington Redskins. The concerns that I have are that I don not elect to finish college. I am currently in the mortgage industry and make good money, but after several events in my life I have decided that life is to short not to persue your dreams. At 26 I do fear that I am too late to attempt such a move. I am willing to relocate to the D.C. I have sent my resume to the Redskins employment email adress, but I am positive that they are bombarded with similiar resumes from locale college grads. Any advice that anyone could give me on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.. My email adress is cmonktls@yahoo.com.

Thanks to all fellow Redskins fans.

sammy
07-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Good luck. I hope it works out for you!!

PyroGenic
07-15-2004, 07:56 PM
to be a player?... i dunno what kind of mortgages the 'skins have

whistleandthumb
07-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Ooooo... I should send MY resume and ask if they have any open positions at Defensive End. I wonder if I'd get a response. That'd be great!! A 5' 11", 160lbs. white dude at DE!!! I would rule!!

PyroGenic
07-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Ooooo... I should send MY resume and ask if they have any open positions at Defensive End. I wonder if I'd get a response. That'd be great!! A 5' 11", 160lbs. white dude at DE!!! I would rule!!

i wonder if that's what lesnar did

LadyNRedskinsfan
07-15-2004, 08:11 PM
monkskins-- i heard that it is more beneficial to actually go up to redskins park in person and find the name and numbers of the people in your field of interest. im sure they receive tons of resumes from people just like yourself. i was thinking about about going up their to see if they need anyone to do any video producing, post production, editing, camera operating, whatever! that would so incredible to actually work with the redskins, even if it is just an unpaid internship. good luck.

redwolf1218
07-15-2004, 08:13 PM
i wonder if they could use a CAD Technician to draw up plays on autocad. or maybe they need a heating ventilation and air conditioning expert in the engineering department. cant let the a/c and heating units fail in those luxury boxes....

hail2skins
07-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Monk, I think Lady provided some good advice. I think a personal visit would be more beneficial to you

redwolf1218
07-15-2004, 08:22 PM
it would be like george on seinfeld working for the yankees.

BandWagon
07-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I know a couple folks over there. Contact me offline and we'll chat about it.

superskin
07-15-2004, 09:09 PM
I enjoy the current "work" I do for the Redskins in an unofficial capacity (actually, I like to think that I work for the fans). I dont want money, I just want WINS.

:Padawan:

Skinzsnut
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
If you have to do what Casserly did, offer to help them out for free. Just don't turn out to be another dumbo waste pick after pick. :Peace:

Axegrinder
07-15-2004, 10:22 PM
MonkSkins,
Welcome to the site.Good luck on your job quest.Whether you move or not,this is an excellent site filled with wonderful folks that would enjoy your contributions to our forums.Either way,stay and check us out.

War Hogg
07-15-2004, 11:41 PM
I created a similiar post on warpath. I am a native of Dallas Texas and are currently employed in the Metroplex. After several weeks of discussions with my family I have decided to seek full time employment with the Washington Redskins. The concerns that I have are that I don not elect to finish college. I am currently in the mortgage industry and make good money, but after several events in my life I have decided that life is to short not to persue your dreams. At 26 I do fear that I am too late to attempt such a move. I am willing to relocate to the D.C. I have sent my resume to the Redskins employment email adress, but I am positive that they are bombarded with similiar resumes from locale college grads. Any advice that anyone could give me on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.. My email adress is cmonktls@yahoo.com.

Follow your dreams bro,, Only one life to live!

Dexter72
07-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Two things...First, I'd say you first need to figure out at least a general area that you would prefer to work in/have an aptitude for. Are you okay with sitting at a desk all day or do you prefer to be moving around? Are you a natural sales guy, good on a computer, etc.? I've interviewed a lot of people, and I think it's important when you are looking for a job to make it clear that you would be willing to do anything a job entailed, including mopping the floors, but you also need to help the potential employer paint the picture of how you and your skillset could be utilized. Secondly, networking obviously is the best way to get a job, but if you don't have contacts, social engineering can take you places. Pull phone numbers off websites when possible , beg people for 5 minutes to learn the story of how they got where they are and what they do..I'd call a bunch of teams just to get a feel for the industry....Thats my two cents anyway. Good Luck.

IowaSkinsFan
07-16-2004, 12:09 AM

I sent a letter to John Kent Cooke back in 97 seeking employment. I still have the rejection letter from him. I kept it because he had cool letterhead. It had the 1932 logo impressed in the paper, like the old Notary Public seals. Quite impressive.

AGibbsGirl
07-16-2004, 07:48 AM
First of all Doll, welcome and what a great name!
We love Monk around here!

Second...a Skins fan born and raised in Dallas? You are our hero man!

Now to be practical...have you ever lived in this area?
It is very expensive; one of the most expensive in the Nation, being in the Mortgage industry you might already know that though. Do your research before you relocate.

I agree with all of the advice given so far and I do hope it works out for you!

davaj
07-16-2004, 07:49 AM
No problem. We have a great conditioning coach. Will have you up to 168 in no time.

Skinzaholic
07-16-2004, 07:53 AM
I enjoy the current "work" I do for the Redskins in an unofficial capacity (actually, I like to think that I work for the fans).

Is that like the guy with Wendys?

IndianBaller27
07-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the site monkskins! I think you should take a trip down here to DC first because if you don't get it you can just go back. But visit them personally, and if you get the job defenately take it!!

REDMAN
07-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Keep trying and you can do it.

PyroGenic
07-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Keep trying and you can do it.

or get filed for harassment and not be able to go within 20 miles of the 'skins

monkskins
07-16-2004, 12:31 PM
How can you be contatced?

monkskins
07-16-2004, 12:42 PM
First off let personally thank everyone for there responces, I certainly did not anticipate that kind of a responce. I have thought about the cost of living and of course it is something to consider. Bandwagon, how can I contact you. Please feel free to email me at cmonktls@yahoo.com. I would love to make the trip up there, possibly when I get these loans closed that I am currently involved with. This seems like a great palce to discuss the Redskins and I look foward to getting to know the site better. And by the way I would prefere to be in the scouting department, Public Relations, but eventually in the Front Office. I fully understand that the chances of me landing a dream job like this are slim and none, however someone has to work their. Why not me? Again any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

whistleandthumb
07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
or get filed for harassment and not be able to go within 20 miles of the 'skins
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Brilliant!!

IndianBaller27
07-16-2004, 04:18 PM
First off let personally thank everyone for there responces, I certainly did not anticipate that kind of a responce. I have thought about the cost of living and of course it is something to consider. Bandwagon, how can I contact you. Please feel free to email me at cmonktls@yahoo.com. I would love to make the trip up there, possibly when I get these loans closed that I am currently involved with. This seems like a great palce to discuss the Redskins and I look foward to getting to know the site better. And by the way I would prefere to be in the scouting department, Public Relations, but eventually in the Front Office. I fully understand that the chances of me landing a dream job like this are slim and none, however someone has to work their. Why not me? Again any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Best of luck to you! It is gonna be a hard job to get, but I think you can get it......
(psssst... when you get the job, if you could get me free season tickets, that would be nice. :D)

dallasadmin
07-16-2004, 05:45 PM
I can't begin to tell you how many times that has crossed my mind. Talk about a dream job!

I even harbored delusions about kicking a few years back when we had the kicking carrousel.

D

monkskins
07-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Hell, your from Dallas fly up with me. Thats what the team needs. 2 Guys from Dallas Texas