PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald Signs with Cards

Ramsey2Moss
08-02-2004, 09:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1850622

20 mil in bonuses, and could be worth up to 60 mil, a new rookie record.

akhhorus
08-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Meanwhile, in Cleveland...

Ramsey2Moss
08-02-2004, 09:08 AM
:lol1: I heard KW turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid tight end in the NFL's history. What a loser.

IowaSkinsFan
08-02-2004, 10:24 AM

Did you hear the collective gasp in Cleveland when this deal was announced?

smoak
08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
can unsigned players still reenter the draft the following year? i know that used to be the case in football and still is in baseball...

akhhorus
08-02-2004, 10:37 AM
can unsigned players still reenter the draft the following year? i know that used to be the case in football and still is in baseball...

yup

LATrueRedskin
08-02-2004, 11:28 AM
The signing of Fitz just made the signing of Winslow THAT much harder. Good luck to the Browns trying to get him in camp. A shame he's not like his father.

split3clemente
08-02-2004, 07:04 PM
His dad was a class act, what happened to this guy??

rskinsfan10
08-02-2004, 07:53 PM
His dad was a class act, what happened to this guy??
Wasn't his dad quoted as saying that Taylor got ripped off by the Skins? This signing in essence gives KW amunition. Fitzgerald apparently didn't "settle" for a slotted amount, as his deal is bigger then Manning's and Gallery's, so why should he settle for Taylor money? Simply because we the fans think that he should? I don't agree with anyone holding out, but you can't call one guy greedy because he didn't settle when obviously he isn't the only one taking that aproach.

Carmelo
08-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Wasn't his dad quoted as saying that Taylor got ripped off by the Skins? This signing in essence gives KW amunition. Fitzgerald apparently didn't "settle" for a slotted amount, as his deal is bigger then Manning's and Gallery's, so why should he settle for Taylor money? Simply because we the fans think that he should? I don't agree with anyone holding out, but you can't call one guy greedy because he didn't settle when obviously he isn't the only one taking that aproach.

Plus, I think that people have to factor in how much influence an agent has. This is the guy (or guys in this case) that you're suppossed to trust on everything. So if he says the sun is purple with orange and white polka dots and then shows you a picture of it along with bar graphs and the such, how do you not follow him? It's almost like a mother telling her child something... It's hard not to believe.

PA Skins Girl
08-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow, Manning is probably saying, "What the heck?!"

PA Skins Girl
08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Who do these owners think they are anyway, Dan Snyder?!

rskinsfan10
08-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Who do these owners think they are anyway, Dan Snyder?!

That's funny, although I personally feel that Irsay trumped any of Snyder's signings with that Peyton deal.

straightupbeast
08-02-2004, 09:08 PM
besides in the title of this thread, fitzgerald has not been mentioned once