PDA

View Full Version : New L. Pasquarelli article on the Redskins

SkinsKY
08-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Linky Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1851806)

SkinsKY
08-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Having now read it, it's a refreshing article. Good Job Len. I owe you a can of lard.

BledBrgndy&Gld
08-04-2004, 07:42 AM
3/4 of the article was saying how bad our line play was last year. i think we know that Vito, go eat another cow and write something worth my time.

Patrick
08-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Can't disagree.

SkinsKY
08-04-2004, 07:53 AM
You hate to rip anyone, but it was crazy," Jansen said. "I mean, I'm not the most veteran lineman in the league, but I think I've been around long enough to know what the heck I'm talking about, so I would suggest certain things and they were ignored or dismissed. You'd say something to a coach and he'd just walk away. That's why it's so refreshing now to be in a system that's sound and that plays to our strengths.

This was why I liked the article. You can see the sentiment that line is actually excited and finally letting go of the old guard. It also should lend support for Samuels for those who believe he's only as good as a second stringer. If Lenny can find where the fault lies, surely others can too.

redwolf1218
08-04-2004, 07:57 AM
This was why I liked the article. You can see the sentiment that line is actually excited and finally letting go of the old guard. It also should lend support for Samuels for those who believe he's only as good as a second stringer. If Lenny can find where the fault lies, surely others can too.
what a great quote from jansen. it gives us some insight into what was going on last year. these guys knew more than the coaches, and that cant be good. plus their suggestions were ignored. even worse. he's saying basically that they are totally buying into this new system. sometimes you have to experience the worst to fully appreciate the best.

Redskinfan28
08-04-2004, 08:22 AM
This is what he said about ST yesterday:

"Touted as the best safety prospect to enter the league since Ronnie Lott in 1981, Taylor to this point has been unable to dislodge little-used third-year veteran Andre Lott, whose resume includes zero career starts, from the top of the free safety depth chart. He has looked ragged and confused at time in camp and hasn't made many plays."

This is what he said THE SAME dAY about the new Safeties practicing at Falcons camp:

"It's probably not fair to evaluate players on two practices, one of which wasn't even in pads, and safety is a difficult position to assess in camp anyway."

Apparently, the safety position is hard to critique in training camp, especially after only 2 practices and if those practices are not live. However, this general rule does no apply to the Redskins; here, it is clear that ST sucks.

:rolleyes:

PennSkinsFan
08-04-2004, 08:25 AM

"Touted as the best safety prospect to enter the league since Ronnie Lott in 1981, Taylor to this point has been unable to dislodge little-used third-year veteran Andre Lott, whose resume includes zero career starts, from the top of the free safety depth chart. He has looked ragged and confused at time in camp and hasn't made many plays."

This is what he said THE SAME dAY about the new Safeties practicing at Falcons camp:

"It's probably not fair to evaluate players on two practices, one of which wasn't even in pads, and safety is a difficult position to assess in camp anyway."

Apparently, the safety position is hard to critique in training camp, especially after only 2 practices and if those practices are not live. However, this general rule does no apply to the Redskins; here, it is clear that ST sucks.

Lenny P is an a$$, but he may have a point as well. I think Taylor needs to concentrate on terminology, NFL schemes and less worry about his agent status.

There will be negative articles come out once in awhile, and personally, i don't view all of them as Skins bashing. This team has proven a big fat ZERO, the past 7 years, and despite Gibbs being back, respect is earned, not just given.

lightskin
08-04-2004, 08:25 AM

His articles make my eyes burn...... :confused:

Redskinfan28
08-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Lenny P is an a$$, but he may have a point as well. I think Taylor needs to concentrate on terminology, NFL schemes and less worry about his agent status.

There will be negative articles come out once in awhile, and personally, i don't view all of them as Skins bashing. This team has proven a big fat ZERO, the past 7 years, and despite Gibbs being back, respect is earned, not just given.

You are missing the focused point of the post. On one hand, he is offering a critique of ST (probably without even seeing him) after two practices, one of which was only shoulder pads and not live. Then, when in Atlanta, he states that you can't really, and its not fair to, critique a player after two practices, especially at the safety position.

Len P. is a jackass because he is hypocritical and talks out of both sides of his mouth; not because he doesn't like the Redskins.

tommahawk
08-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Linky Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1851806)
He seems to like Buges. Reading this artical I got to thinking...... Buges in the HOF. But most of the time fat boy kisses up to the Redskin haters out there.

PennSkinsFan
08-04-2004, 09:35 AM
You are missing the focused point of the post. On one hand, he is offering a critique of ST (probably without even seeing him) after two practices, one of which was only shoulder pads and not live. Then, when in Atlanta, he states that you can't really, and its not fair to, critique a player after two practices, especially at the safety position.

Len P. is a jackass because he is hypocritical and talks out of both sides of his mouth; not because he doesn't like the Redskins.

Nah, i got the point. The point I am trying to make is, there will be more negative articles to come. The publicity of Snyder off-seasons and subsequents failures make the Redskins a great target for critcism, on every ground. They will dispel that by putting words into actions and racking up big W's!

Aurej
08-04-2004, 10:01 AM
He was writing an article on how bad Spurriers blocking assignments and listening abilities were and how they affected the lines overall play(which was poor due to moronic blocking assignments). I liked the article good read.

akhhorus
08-04-2004, 10:05 AM

I posted this in the latest Sean Taylor panic thread: Lennie P is hitting new lows.

Wild Bore
08-04-2004, 10:17 AM
what a great quote from jansen. it gives us some insight into what was going on last year. these guys knew more than the coaches, and that cant be good. plus their suggestions were ignored. even worse. he's saying basically that they are totally buying into this new system. sometimes you have to experience the worst to fully appreciate the best.

Anyone who follows the Redskins know the line was not at fault last year, it was the schemes and the inability to adjust. That's why we are always so burned when we hear all these so called "pundits" talk about how awful the Redskins line is. Fatso is normally an ahole, but this time he got it right and it was a pretty insightful article.

Having said that the most important thing is what redwolf points out: These guys have TOTALLY bought in. That's where the greatness starts.

smoot
08-04-2004, 10:35 AM
nice linky link

JoeDaSchmoe
08-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Whoa, whoa, wait.... that was.... positive... from Lenny P....

What the hell?

coleman51
08-04-2004, 11:15 AM

he must be a democrat

whistleandthumb
08-04-2004, 12:25 PM
he must be a democrat
Hahahahahaha... BRILLIANT!!!

Oh, and we should all go buy some Crisco stock. It's being reported that Fatsquerelli plans to now have 100 cases delivered directly to his door DAILY, as opposed to his normal weekly schedule.

SkinsKY
08-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Anyone who follows the Redskins know the line was not at fault last year, it was the schemes and the inability to adjust.

But Samuels still gets held responsible. No one else though.

Redskinfan28
08-04-2004, 01:44 PM
This thread is confusing because two threads talking about 2 different articles have been merged.

LadyNRedskinsfan
08-04-2004, 01:51 PM
i found this quote rather sad.......

"Embarrassing, frustrating, any adjective like that sums it up," said Jansen, the team's starting right tackle. "You felt helpless. In all my years of playing football, I can honestly say that it was the first time I ever went onto the field thinking, 'You know, if we win today, it's just because of sheer luck.' It hurt to have to play like that."

Patrick
08-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Nah, i got the point. The point I am trying to make is, there will be more negative articles to come. The publicity of Snyder off-seasons and subsequents failures make the Redskins a great target for critcism, on every ground. They will dispel that by putting words into actions and racking up big W's!

EXACTY..... (what some of us keep referring to) WINs!!!!! That will stop 95% of it.

SkinsKY
08-04-2004, 02:17 PM
This thread is confusing because two threads talking about 2 different articles have been merged.

Yes. I think PSF merged them. :weak: :Pickle:

joethefan
08-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Bout time he wrote somthing half worth reading

sdredskinsfan
08-05-2004, 09:49 AM

This post should be emailed to Lenny, or at least an ESPN editor. I would love to see if and how he would reply.

higgybaby
08-05-2004, 11:01 AM
I really liked the article and the inside details to the going ons of last years skins vs. this years. As the lines go, so will the skins.

rskinsfan10
08-05-2004, 06:02 PM
You guys may want to dismiss Lenny's write up about Lott, but George and Sonny just said the same thing about Lott's play on NBC4, and Gregg Williams pretty much validated that Lott has been great so far.

redwolf1218
08-05-2004, 06:09 PM
well if we dont have the next best ronnie lott, at least we have the first best andre lott.

suppitty
08-05-2004, 06:36 PM
I guess it was news to some people who arent skins fans, but otherwise looks like an article he wrote to kill time in between two meaningful articles.

GeneralDisorder
08-05-2004, 06:43 PM
He was writing an article on how bad Spurriers blocking assignments and listening abilities were and how they affected the lines overall play(which was poor due to moronic blocking assignments). I liked the article good read.

Good point.

Let's be objective here...

You know Pasquerelli and his fellow clowns are going to bad mouth the Redskins 9 times out of 10. One way to deal with a lot of their crap is to pin it up in the locker-room before every game starting Sept. 12...

If that doesn't inspire Gibbs & the boys to prove him and other doubters wrong, nothing will...

colkurtz
08-05-2004, 07:48 PM
well if we dont have the next best ronnie lott, at least we have the first best andre lott.

LOL, well said!

At least Pasta-the-Hutt had a few positive things to say in his two articles [unlike his usual negative tripe]. If he was gushing about the Redskins all of a sudden, I'd be really suspicious.

Frankly, we need opposing teams to underestimate us, until all these new players jell together.

BandWagon
08-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Well that was surprisingly fair....