PDA

View Full Version : Portis to be on ESPN soon

truant
08-13-2004, 07:53 PM
on the Mike and Mike show

I'm in phoenix... so i'm not sure if this is playing at the same time for my east coast people....

truant
08-13-2004, 08:21 PM
here's the basics:

1) was a little defensive after they said that he paid 45K for his number back. Said they have an arrangement (i think most of us heard that before).

2) Asked about LT's new contract. Said that LT deserved it for all the carries and receptions. He said that he hasn't had the ball as much so essentially it remains to be seen who is the best RB. He was glad to set the bar so that LT could get a bigger contract.

3) They asked him what he looked for when he is about to run. He said he looks at the D and sees where the safety is, if he is sneaking up. Said he likes it when they do creep up because he only has a couple guys to make miss once he gets past the first line of defense.

4) Asked about the Denver system and how people say it's the system and not him. He said that he loved the system and the coaching because it allowed him to get paid. Said he and everyone else knows who was carrying the ball, spinning and juking. He added that people can think whatever they want to, but time will tell.

5) A random question about Alien vs. Predator, asked who he thought would win. He said "Alien, but who really knows".

That's all i remember... have a headache so maybe i missed something...

PyroGenic
08-13-2004, 10:38 PM
i caught the end of it but they both said that predator would win cuz they beat ahnold and the only things the aliens ever beat up is sigoney(sp?) weaver

ConradCountry
08-13-2004, 10:48 PM
People may say Portis is playing for the money and that may or may not be true one thing is for sure.

He is playing to be the best back in the league.

BandWagon
08-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Missed it, thanks for the update!

redwolf1218
08-14-2004, 12:23 AM
portis seems so cool. very refreshing to hear him taking the high road after champ resorts to his lowlife comments every time anyone gets a chance to quote him.

PyroGenic
08-14-2004, 12:58 AM
was champ that arrogant here? i remember liking to hear him speak when he was a 'skin. Now he sounds really conceited and thinks he's better than everybody else... must be the munnay

GoDannyBoy
08-14-2004, 08:09 AM
The Champ thing is really sad. The guy had a good career here, he learned from the best in the business. Darrell Green! We offered him a pretty good deal, enough money that he would not need welfare.

And he is trashing us every chance he gets? What is wrong with him. I can see why Gibbs wanted to trade him.

Beside I think Portis is going to Rock, and I think Portis will make more game changing plays!

CarMike
08-14-2004, 08:37 AM
was champ that arrogant here? i remember liking to hear him speak when he was a 'skin. Now he sounds really conceited and thinks he's better than everybody else... must be the munnay

Seems to me he only started acting the way he is now about halfway thru last season.