PDA

View Full Version : Armstead will see familiar faces tonight

tommahawk
08-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Jessie Armstead insists that he harbors no hard feelings against the Washington Redskins, but he does make it clear that he's glad to be away from the franchise that employed him the last two years.

source (http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031777302211)

JoeJacksonTaylor28
08-14-2004, 03:30 AM
"We had one time where we went to a meeting and Coach Spurrier was like, 'Fine this guy and fine that guy for not being at the meeting.' Well, we had to tell him, 'Coach, those guys already got cut. They're in their cars going home,'"Armstead said.

That's scary for a team.... I think it was more Spurrier's fault than Snyder's. SS didn't remember the name of a lot of players, as long as I know.

PyroGenic
08-14-2004, 04:21 AM
how would he know that they werent already cut? doesnt he make the decision?

chrisbcbu
08-14-2004, 07:25 AM
how would he know that they werent already cut? doesnt he make the decision?

because he didnt know anyones name! He couldnt even pronounce Mccants name correctly. While Gibbs has already got it right!!

hail2skins
08-14-2004, 07:26 AM
It shows he knows nothing about the organization now. He infers that Gibbs may not be running the show but he is wrong. I agree there were issues with previous coaches and Snyder mettled too much, but he knows what he has now and he's doing what he's supposed to and that's leave everything related to the team to Joe. Example, when Snyder introduced Joe at the press conference, his intro was short and sweet and Joe took over for them. Joe knows how to work with people because he believes in building relationships with them. I don't believe the other coaches tried to find a way to work with Snyder. Many here can tell you that I've had issues with Snyder and how he did things in the past but he's but he's done exactly was he's suppsed to do since hiring Gibbs.

redwolf1218
08-14-2004, 07:41 AM
i forgot about arnstead being in carolina. it'll be interesting to see how he does tonight. that whole time with spurrier must have been a mess, more than we really even know.

Shabba
08-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Ballcoach always looked lost to me. Not remembering names was only a small part of it. But I am not gonna bash him. He's long gone now.
We all thought he was gold when he was here, but now...

CarMike
08-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Shabba, we all thought he was "Golden" when he first came here. It didn't take long for us to figure out that he was out of league in the NFL.

redwolf1218
08-14-2004, 08:45 AM
i'll be the first to admit i was excited when he came here. we werent the first team to try to lure him to the NFL. even at the beginning of last year, i thought they had given him the players he needed to make his system work and he'd be successful in his 2nd year. then it just unravelled. anyway, i wonder if armstead is playing with the first team in caroling or if he's a backup. i think he's a good guy, but i also think marcus washington is a major upgrade on our D.

chrisbcbu
08-14-2004, 09:03 AM
i'll be the first to admit i was excited when he came here. we werent the first team to try to lure him to the NFL. even at the beginning of last year, i thought they had given him the players he needed to make his system work and he'd be successful in his 2nd year. then it just unravelled. anyway, i wonder if armstead is playing with the first team in caroling or if he's a backup. i think he's a good guy, but i also think marcus washington is a major upgrade on our D.

From the sounds of the article he will probably be playing for the 2nd team.

Beast56Redskin
08-14-2004, 09:50 AM
armistead was displaced by mark fields return, i think.

Shabba
08-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Armsted is an alright player but getting washington is better.

LATrueRedskin
08-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Armstead was a great player. He still has some left, but he was a monster with the Giants. I have no hard feelings toward Armstead, I think he was a class act.

PyroGenic
08-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Armstead was a great player. He still has some left, but he was a monster with the Giants. I have no hard feelings toward Armstead, I think he was a class act.

agreed, trotter is the only one i don't really like

tommahawk
08-14-2004, 02:21 PM
agreed, trotter is the only one i don't really like

Sometimes I wonder if Trotter was getting paid "under the table" by the feacles to come here and mess us up.

:eaglesuk:

hockeygoalie29
08-14-2004, 02:31 PM
It seems to me that the only thing he is upset about is not being able to play with us this year.

Gibbskin
08-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Somebody explain to me why people hate Trotter so much?

I always thought he was a good guy that just wasn't being used the correct way. I think the blame has to go to our defensive coordinators as much as it does to Trotter. When you sign a player of his caliber I feel you have to let the player play to his strengths, we didn't do that with Trotter or Arrington IMO. I have no beef with Trotter, I love the signing of Barrow but I don't think Trotter should be made out to be a bad guy or anything.

Shabba
08-14-2004, 04:20 PM
He will do well for the Eagles this season. I just wish it could have happened here.

IndianBaller27
08-14-2004, 04:25 PM
When he gets gis old ankles broken by CP he'll be wishin he was still on the Skins.

PyroGenic
08-14-2004, 04:26 PM
He will do well for the Eagles this season. I just wish it could have happened here.

maybe, depends if his leg injury is still bugging him like it did here.

PyroGenic
08-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Somebody explain to me why people hate Trotter so much?

rumors of him being belligerent in the locker room and he's really conceited. I don't think he was fit to be a redskin, he can keep that kind of attitude in philly with all the other jackholes