PDA

View Full Version : QB Pat Ramsey

ConradCountry
08-16-2004, 05:57 PM
I like how people on this board are throwing the hat in on Ramsey after some bad preseason.

Remember a few short weeks ago when we were all cheering him to be the starter so impressed with what he did last year. That hasn't changed he is still the qaurterback of the future and he is still good.

Yeah he has looked bad in the first few games but he is trying to wash the stink of Spurrier off of himself. This will take time it takes time for a QB to learn and unlearn offenses especially bad ones like Spurriers.

In for one magoing to stand by Ramsey because he is going to have to play this year and he will need fan support.

hockeygoalie29
08-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Count me in as a supporter! I honestly can't say that Ramsey is doing any worse than Brunell is. They both are as Gibbs has said: rough. But that's just it, they have the talent and potential, just a little bit rough around the edges from having to learn a new offense. Ramsey is JUST NOW coming off a foot injury that has kept him off the field for almost 9 months. If this is how we look after the season opener I might be a little worried, but as of now I still see a GREAT offense waiting to be born, and still think Ramsey is the man to lead it.

smoot
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
count me in, and add my name to the bandwagon

whistleandthumb
08-16-2004, 06:11 PM
If Brunell doesn't complete that 60 yard rainbow to DMac, his stats look awfully similar to Ram's. So I wouldn't exactly say Brunell is doing so much better. The difference between the 2 is that right now, Brunell looks a little more comfortable on the field. Ram looks a little lost and frustrated, but I chalk that up to the pressure of having to compete... something he hasn't had to due before. Plus, he's still a young player, so he's going to need more time to adjust.

I love Ramsey. His is the only jersey I have right now, and I'm behind him all the way, even if he doesn't get the starter's job.

LATrueRedskin
08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
I don't think we're wishing bad for Ramsey, most of us want him to play very well. But, by the looks of Ramsey and Brunell's throwing SO FAR, Brunell has the edge. I, for one, hope Ramsey starts playing real well and gets a hold of this offense, because even if he doesn't get the nod, he's gonna be playing somewhere down the line, and probably sometime this year. I'm a Ramsey fan, I hope he starts cookin.

josh90286
08-16-2004, 06:31 PM
ramsey def needs a confidence boost..many are writing him off, which will do nothing but make it harder for him to climb out.

ihatedallas
08-16-2004, 06:50 PM
i think his preseason isnt going to well so far becuase hes still shookin up from the beatdown he recieved last year

GolfFreak
08-16-2004, 06:53 PM
He'll come around, I haven't given up on him yet. I agree that Brunell probably has the edge right now, but there are 3 games left.

rskinsfan10
08-16-2004, 07:26 PM
You simply cannot demand a trade because you aren't handed the job, then don't perform when you are given the chance to win said job.

Point blank.

IndianBaller27
08-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Put my name on the bandwagon... I guess

Redskinfan28
08-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Ramsey has looked awful, even against Denver's 2nd string. He needs a year or two on the bench watching and learning.

War Hogg
08-16-2004, 10:12 PM
You simply cannot demand a trade because you aren't handed the job, then don't perform when you are given the chance to win said job.

Point blank.

I agree. Ramsey has a arm from hell but his pocket presence is trash. If he can learn how to move around and buy time in the pocket and feel presure he could be one of the best.......oh yeah and put a little touch on the ball sometimes even Brett manages to do that with his rocket arm....

SkinsKY
08-16-2004, 10:18 PM

Point blank.

I do agree with those sentiments. I am as solid a Ramsey supporter as there is, but rskins is right. He needs to get his act together and do something. I don't know why he's playing so poorly right now, but he needs to get it together. I hope he wins the job, but he hasn't shown anything thus far.

sammy
08-16-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm In

JoeDaSchmoe
08-16-2004, 11:43 PM
I agree. Ramsey has a arm from hell but his pocket presence is trash. If he can learn how to move around and buy time in the pocket and feel presure he could be one of the best.......oh yeah and put a little touch on the ball sometimes even Brett manages to do that with his rocket arm....

Took Favre years to finally figure that out, though.

bantu
08-16-2004, 11:56 PM
The play of Ramsey has got me really worried for the future, not who will be the starter come opening day this season. I think its its obvious that unless Ramsey actually morphs into Favre in the next few weeks that Brunell will start. The thing that has got me worried is that he does not look like the same QB from 2 seasons ago or even the guy who started opening day last year. He seems so skittish and scared in the pocket....just totally uncomfortable. I think he has to much on his mind( i.e. presnap stuff, reading the coverage, timing his throws, and feeling pressure, etc..) that its taken away from instincts. He used to just stand in that pocket and fling rockets all over the field. Now, he's got happy feet and jittery knees.

There is only one man to blame for this, and we all know who that is: Mr. Spurrier.

I hope he feels really good knowing that he may have ruined the career of one of the brightest young QB's in the game.

Thanks Steve Spurrier. I hope you rot in hell and all your golf equipment melts as soon as you touch them.

Dexter72
08-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Ramsey has looked awful, even against Denver's 2nd string. He needs a year or two on the bench watching and learning.

I think you are definitely right. Ramsey needs to get comfortable in the pocket again...he mainly needs to learn how to identify and evade the rush better, whether that means trying to be a little more fluid so that he can squirm away (Hasselbeck-style) or just knowing when he needs to chuck it into the cheap seats...I've never seen a QB attempt as many passes while in the grasp as he does...

CowboyKilla
08-17-2004, 12:25 AM
He should be fine. He has looked scary but it's early.

coleman51
08-17-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm not rooting AGAINST him, but for a 3rd year QB he has a long, long way to go.

__________________________________________________ _________

Are Liberals born without a brain, or do they lose it along the way????

Liberals- major part of the problem.

Kerry- endorsed by terrorists, communists and anarchists at home and abroad.

GibbsFan
08-17-2004, 09:37 AM
I hope Ramsey can learn to make quicker decisions on where to go with the FB. But I like his toughness and ability to stand in the pocket. You can't teach that. But I'm hoping he will get better because we will definitely need him at some point of the season.

The timing between the Rcvrs and both QBs has been off so far. I think will see this improve as we get closer to opening day but I bet Brunell will take the field against TB.

redwolf1218
08-17-2004, 10:14 AM
one thing i remember hearing about Ramsey coming out of college was that he threw mostly from the shot gun, and still took a beating. then he took a beating last year. now he appears to continuing that trend under Gibbs, which is making me think he will just hold onto it until he gets hit one way or another. he needs to prove something more than just that he can take a beating. i'm hoping he will do that soon, maybe in this next game. i would actually be impressed to see him throw the ball away once or twice. if it's not there in a few seconds, get rid of it out of bounds and live to make another play.

CarMike
08-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Say what you will but Ramsey looked better under Spurrier.

I think the kid can't take the competition. Or he's not used to it. Up to this point he hasn't really had to beat out anyone with any talent. I think he lost his confidence on the day we signed Brunell. He needs to get back on track.

OMT. Just because people here might be calling for Brunell to start doesn't mean we want Ramsey to suck. We need him to be ready incase Brunell gets hurt or plays poorly. When he comes into the game he has to have his head on straight.

CarMike
08-17-2004, 10:41 AM
OMT...Saunders or Bostic were saying during the telecast that Ramsey is holding onto the ball too long.

On one out pattern that Gardner ran, Ramsey held onto the ball for a split second to long. That split second of hesitation was enough time for the DB to make a play on the ball.

Which, like redwolf said earlier, Ramsey needs to get the ball out quicker. Thats been said now for the last year and a half.

colkurtz
08-17-2004, 10:50 AM
I hate to be a nay-sayer here , but I wonder about Ramsey for the long-term. Not based on these 2 pre-season games. But he has played inconsistently his entire NFL career. He has not proven himself to the level where the team can say " this is our QB for the next decade".

I see him sitting on the bench a lot this year. If he doesn't improve in practice over the season, the team may start to think about bringing in a 2005 draft pick if he doesn't pan out.

I hope he makes it and is our franchise QB. Objectively I think the jury is out on that assessment.

frankez99
08-17-2004, 11:02 AM
I hate to be a nay-sayer here , but I wonder about Ramsey for the long-term. Not based on these 2 pre-season games. But he has played inconsistently his entire NFL career. He has not proven himself to the level where the team can say " this is our QB for the next decade".

I see him sitting on the bench a lot this year. If he doesn't improve in practice over the season, the team may start to think about bringing in a 2005 draft pick if he doesn't pan out.

I hope he makes it and is our franchise QB. Objectively I think the jury is out on that assessment.

You couldn't of said it any better friend.....and I think that will be the prevailing attitude the more we see of him. I think it was last year (during the whole "Delhomme is going to be the next Johnny Unitas" debate here on hR :rolleyes: ) when 70% of fans here saw him as the definate QB of the future and the remainder of us saw something that just wasn't right. After a whole off season to evaluate game tapes from the Spurrier debacle, you would of figured that he would of worked on some of his techniques to improve his chances of being legitimate..i.e. pocket presence, shakey feet, constant overthrows..etc.....but it appears as if things haven't changed. I'd hate to say the jury is still out because he is "only" in his 3rd year...but IMO we can only live so long with the word "potential"....right now in my eyes he is 3rd string. Chances are starting next season we will be looking in another direction....most likely using the draft...

BIGSEF3
08-17-2004, 12:40 PM
IMO, all of our QB's are garbage. none of them are, (or ever have been) confident, consistant, and injury-free. i think we need to unload ramsey and/or hassleback at the end of the season. whichever one we keep becomes third string. then we try to get a GOOD quarterback to tutor under burnell. ramsey does not have what it takes to be our qb of the future.

skins111111
08-17-2004, 01:02 PM
fact#1= he's young
fact#2= he's only played a few mniutes in 2 games
fact#3= he"s comming of an injury wilth suffecent down time
fact#4= he"s probably trying to hard but will soon settle in
fact#5= he's learnig a new "O"
fact#6= he"s unlearnig an old "O"
fact#7= he has talent
fact#8= the more he plays the better he'll get
fact#9= Brunell is the one we should be worring about.... Is he old and worn out? Has he seen his better days?

josh90286
08-17-2004, 01:19 PM
fact#1= he's young
fact#2= he's only played a few mniutes in 2 games
fact#3= he"s comming of an injury wilth suffecent down time
fact#4= he"s probably trying to hard but will soon settle in
fact#5= he's learnig a new "O"
fact#6= he"s unlearnig an old "O"
fact#7= he has talent
fact#8= the more he plays the better he'll get
agreed..after 2 years, many are willing to get rid of him based on about 2 quarters overall playing time in 2 games.

frankez99
08-17-2004, 01:47 PM
agreed..after 2 years, many are willing to get rid of him based on about 2 quarters overall playing time in 2 games.

think about your comment....after TWO years (how long does it take to determine a qb's intangibles?)...and NOT based off of 2 quarters overall playing time in 2 games...it based off of his starts he has had the last two seasons. I'm not bashing the guy...but he hasn't shown anything that would give me a sure fire feeling that we should invest our future in him. He has good qualities, but his bad outweigh them right now...and if he doesn't correct them then he will be a perennial backup in this league. Maybe under Gibbs he can correct many of his flaws...i.e. happy feet, holding on to the ball two long, throwing too hard/overthrows...fumbled snaps...etc....I'm thinking that too many people are looking at Pat through Burg and Gold goggles...if he was on another team he would be another Chad Hutchington...Mike McMahon..Doug Peterson....etc.

BurgundyNGold
08-17-2004, 02:06 PM
think about your comment....after TWO years (how long does it take to determine a qb's intangibles?)...and NOT based off of 2 quarters overall playing time in 2 games...it based off of his starts he has had the last two seasons. I'm not bashing the guy...but he hasn't shown anything that would give me a sure fire feeling that we should invest our future in him. He has good qualities, but his bad outweigh them right now...and if he doesn't correct them then he will be a perennial backup in this league. Maybe under Gibbs he can correct many of his flaws...i.e. happy feet, holding on to the ball two long, throwing too hard/overthrows...fumbled snaps...etc....I'm thinking that too many people are looking at Pat through Burg and Gold goggles...if he was on another team he would be another Chad Hutchington...Mike McMahon..Doug Peterson....etc.
Wow. That's where I have to draw the line. I can listen to varying opinions as to his readiness, or even his decisions. I might even agree with a few of them. But to compare him to Hutchinson, McMahon or Peterson? Are you serious?!

None of those guys have an arm that can stack up to Ramsey's. In fact, you can probably add up ALL of their arms and not make a Ramsey. Those guys suck because 1) They do not have the skills, 2) They make bad decisions consistently, and 3) They have not been able to advance as quarterbacks.

Ramsey came from a Run-n-Shoot derivative at Tulane with no OL to speak of. He comes in to an offensive system that was diferent from every other team in the league, and has since gone the way of the dinosaur. This system was not what Gibbs or anybody else is using. Oh, and BTW, the Spurrier system provided even worse OL play than when he was at Tulane.

The simple fact is the kid might as well still be a rookie, as he has to learn the nuances of a real NFL system. Worse still, he has to unlearn all of Spurriers "pitch and catch" smoke and mirror BS. Add in that he is shellshocked like a WWI tench vet, and I don't expect much from him this year aside from a hefty therapy bill. He needs time to learn the system, then to learn to be comfortable in it and most importantly to learn to trust in himself again. Unshakeable confidence is the most important aspect of the leadership required for playing QB. Thank Gibbs we have Brunell here to help let the kid do just those things.

I say give him AT LEAST a year in Gibbs system before lambasting the guy. If we're still talking about this in 2005, it is THEN that we should explore trade possibilities.

josh90286
08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
i guess u can get my point across better than i can haha

frankez99
08-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Wow. That's where I have to draw the line. I can listen to varying opinions as to his readiness, or even his decisions. I might even agree with a few of them. But to compare him to Hutchinson, McMahon or Peterson? Are you serious?!

None of those guys have an arm that can stack up to Ramsey's. In fact, you can probably add up ALL of their arms and not make a Ramsey. Those guys suck because 1) They do not have the skills, 2) They make bad decisions consistently, and 3) They have not been able to advance as quarterbacks.

Ramsey came from a Run-n-Shoot derivative at Tulane with no OL to speak of. He comes in to an offensive system that was diferent from every other team in the league, and has since gone the way of the dinosaur. This system was not what Gibbs or anybody else is using. Oh, and BTW, the Spurrier system provided even worse OL play than when he was at Tulane.

The simple fact is the kid might as well still be a rookie, as he has to learn the nuances of a real NFL system. Worse still, he has to unlearn all of Spurriers "pitch and catch" smoke and mirror BS. Add in that he is shellshocked like a WWI tench vet, and I don't expect much from him this year aside from a hefty therapy bill. He needs time to learn the system, then to learn to be comfortable in it and most importantly to learn to trust in himself again. Unshakeable confidence is the most important aspect of the leadership required for playing QB. Thank Gibbs we have Brunell here to help let the kid do just those things.

I say give him AT LEAST a year in Gibbs system before lambasting the guy. If we're still talking about this in 2005, it is THEN that we should explore trade possibilities.

All very valid and respectable points...that being said....sure Spurriers offense was extremely qb unfriendly...BUT...many of his sacks and int's last year were completely his fault and had nothing to do with blocking schemes. Arm strength? What good is it if you can't throw a 5 yard out route w/out tossing it 10 feet over the rec's head or connect on a 30 yard fly pattern? QB's coaches and head coaches can only teach so much technique....most of it is inherent...either you've got it or you don't. Sure...I'm not against letting him develop on the bench...why not...he is cheap and raw....but ask yourself this question, would you feel comfortable going into this season with Pat under the center? Pat hasn't earned the starting job at all (as much as he thought it was his..who is he to speak up?)...be it with his past perfomances or preseason performances. Bottom line...he has a lot to learn about being an NFL qb and should be 3rd on the depth chart..rightfully so.

redwolf1218
08-17-2004, 02:38 PM
think about your comment....after TWO years (how long does it take to determine a qb's intangibles?)...
would you have cut brett farhve after 2 years? how about steve young? brady? theisman? sometimes it takes a while to see a QB develop, sometimes into their late 20's or even 30's. i think Pat will get better under Gibbs. this is exactly what he needed for his career.

AGibbsGirl
08-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey frankez99 on a side note here...last we heard from you...you were off to Iraq...did you just get back? or am I zoning and you've been here all along?

BurgundyNGold
08-17-2004, 02:47 PM
All very valid and respectable points...that being said....sure Spurriers offense was extremely qb unfriendly...BUT...many of his sacks and int's last year were completely his fault and had nothing to do with blocking schemes. Arm strength? What good is it if you can't throw a 5 yard out route w/out tossing it 10 feet over the rec's head or connect on a 30 yard fly pattern? QB's coaches and head coaches can only teach so much technique....most of it is inherent...either you've got it or you don't. Sure...I'm not against letting him develop on the bench...why not...he is cheap and raw....but ask yourself this question, would you feel comfortable going into this season with Pat under the center? Pat hasn't earned the starting job at all (as much as he thought it was his..who is he to speak up?)...be it with his past perfomances or preseason performances. Bottom line...he has a lot to learn about being an NFL qb and should be 3rd on the depth chart..rightfully so.
I don't disagree that Pat shouldn't start the season. I am no more comfortable with him under center right now than I would be for any "rookie". I just think he needs the benefit of good coaching.

True, since he was a rookie, Pat has held onto the ball too long. This is a common problem with rookies as they adjust to the pro game. Either they think they have more time than they do or are indecisive because their confidence has been rattled. But this shortcoming is coachable. It is not a big deal, given time to correct it.

As for overthrowing receivers, this too has been his problem since his rookie year. I think a lot of QBs coming out have the same problem. Its usually a combination of over-excitement and poor foot positioning. You'll notice, with Pat these tend to happen on the first few throws of the game, and sometimes early in the 3rd quarter or on important drives. Once he gets into a rhythm, he usually gets more accurate. If you don't believe me, check out the tapes from 2002, 2003. This too is coachable. The excitement can be accounted for with experience and proper mechanics, starting with his footwork. But heck, even Brett Favre does the poor mechanics thing on occasion and he'll probably to a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Still, when he does, he's *horrible*.

At least he doesn't make it a habit of ill-advised passes or forcing passes into double and triple coverage. That would be coachable too, but it would cost our MANY more games in the W column. Ultimately, I think that's why Peterson and Hutchinson have been failures.

Pat is not ready to play. New system, same old bad habits -- plus a few new ones thanks to SS. That's one thing the pisses me off royally. SS was supposed to be QB "guru". One would've expected him to at least do THAT right!

redwolf1218
08-17-2004, 02:53 PM
as madden once said, i guess world class javelin throwing doesnt help much with screen passes, but he'll work on it.

frankez99
08-17-2004, 02:55 PM
would you have cut brett farhve after 2 years? how about steve young? brady? theisman? sometimes it takes a while to see a QB develop, sometimes into their late 20's or even 30's. i think Pat will get better under Gibbs. this is exactly what he needed for his career.

Would you cut Hutchinson, Pederson, or McMahon after 2 years? How about Ryan Leaf or Heath Shuler? What difference does it make? It's easy to go the "what if" route....how many make it to the young, favre, or thiesmann level? All qb's have "potential" coming out of college..that word is easy to use. That being said, I'm not saying cut or release Ramsey. What I am getting at is the fact that because he is a REDSKIN we are getting loyalty and reality confused. If he wasn't a REDSKIN (of course this wouldn't even be a topic..but) you would see him as I see him....an underdeveloped QB with some very questionable intangibles regardless of who's offense his under. He has not shown anything to us or the NFL that would make him a "must keep". Coming from Tulane his press clippings were the same....a strong armed tough kid. But against who? TCU? Army? Cincinnati? I'm not against giving the guy some time to develop...as a matter of fact I'm all for it because to be honest we don't have a lot of money invested in him. But until he shows something that makes me think he is our qb of the future.....I'll have my doubts and reservations on his long term status....hail

redwolf1218
08-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Would you cut Hutchinson, Pederson, or McMahon after 2 years? How about Ryan Leaf or Heath Shuler? What difference does it make? It's easy to go the "what if" route....how many make it to the young, favre, or thiesmann level? All qb's have "potential" coming out of college..that word is easy to use. That being said, I'm not saying cut or release Ramsey. What I am getting at is the fact that because he is a REDSKIN we are getting loyalty and reality confused. If he wasn't a REDSKIN (of course this wouldn't even be a topic..but) you would see him as I see him....an underdeveloped QB with some very questionable intangibles regardless of who's offense his under. He has not shown anything to us or the NFL that would make him a "must keep". Coming from Tulane his press clippings were the same....a strong armed tough kid. But against who? TCU? Army? Cincinnati? I'm not against giving the guy some time to develop...as a matter of fact I'm all for it because to be honest we don't have a lot of money invested in him. But until he shows something that makes me think he is our qb of the future.....I'll have my doubts and reservations on his long term status....hail
i dont blame you for your doubts, i have them too. i just dont think 2 years is enough to make an assessment. it sounded you meant 2 years was a long time, like... "2 years?!!? how long does it take?!!?" ...my point was sometimes it takes a lot longer than 2 years. i might be wrong but i think he'll get a lot better in about 2 weeks, maybe 2 months...and in 2 years he'll be really good.

BIGSEF3
08-17-2004, 04:01 PM
did you listen to theisman during the packers/seahawks game last night on espn? a good arm doesnt mean crap. NONE of the really really good quarterbacks in our league right now dont have half the arm ramsey has. but they have the decision making, the intangibles, and so they are great quarterbacks.
ramsey simply doesnt have the intangibles. i love the guy, it was amazing to see how hard and fast he could throw the ball last season. i wanted to beleive in him. but putting faith in him to be our QB of the future is like trying to dump water out of the sinking titanic and thinking it will keep the ship from sinking.

CarMike
08-17-2004, 04:47 PM
It doesn't matter if you have a strong when you offset it by taking the extra second to get the ball to the receiver.

IMO, they offset each other...

IowaSkinsFan
08-17-2004, 05:42 PM
I like how people on this board are throwing the hat in on Ramsey after some bad preseason.

Remember a few short weeks ago when we were all cheering him to be the starter so impressed with what he did last year. That hasn't changed he is still the qaurterback of the future and he is still good.

Yeah he has looked bad in the first few games but he is trying to wash the stink of Spurrier off of himself. This will take time it takes time for a QB to learn and unlearn offenses especially bad ones like Spurriers.

In for one magoing to stand by Ramsey because he is going to have to play this year and he will need fan support.

He is basically a rookie all over again. Playing for SS, as we learned, was like still being in college.

redwolf1218
08-17-2004, 05:43 PM
putting faith in him to be our QB of the future is like trying to dump water out of the sinking titanic
come on now...i dont think ramsey is that bad. he'll get better with Gibbs and Brunell.

rskinsfan10
08-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Say what you will but Ramsey looked better under Spurrier.

I think the kid can't take the competition. Or he's not used to it. Up to this point he hasn't really had to beat out anyone with any talent. I think he lost his confidence on the day we signed Brunell. He needs to get back on track.

OMT. Just because people here might be calling for Brunell to start doesn't mean we want Ramsey to suck. We need him to be ready incase Brunell gets hurt or plays poorly. When he comes into the game he has to have his head on straight.

I agree on all points made here. He had two deep passes where Coles had his man beaten, and his throws were at both ends of the spectrum. He overthrew one, and underthrew(badly, which was intercepted) the other.

davaj
08-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Who was it that said this is the next Dan Marino? Oh yeah.....ME!!!!
Wait til we get Portis going. It'll all become crystal clear right in front of your eyes. Do you honestly believe they can show YOU something without showing everybody else. Come on guys. Our first team offense is half steppin right now. Gibbs is grading them in the closed practices right now. He is grading the second and third team in the games. Whoever starts the last pre-season game will be the one putting up the 35 points for us in our season opener. And I still say it'll be RAMSEY!!!
And we'll all be saying "NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!!!"

davaj
08-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I hear yall sayin how bad Ramsey is right now, and how we're lucky we got Brunell in to run the show while he learns. But wait. I also hear you saying that the battle between them is virtually even right now. How can this be? We have a seasoned veteran competing against a guy who's never run a pro offense before. A former pro bowler (must have all the tangibles), against a guy who put up some of the worst statistics in football over the last 2 years.(has none of the tangibles.) So it is ok for Brunell to look like crap right now because he has the credentials. Right? It is not ok for Ramsey, because he hasn't proven anything yet. So we can assume that Brunnell will progress at a more rapid pace. So, am I crazy to think that if Brunell is so much better than Ramsey, it should stand out like a sore thumb right now. Am I crazy to think that Ramsey seems to be handling his limited arsenal as well as Brunell is right now. Could that possibly be why Leftwich was left in as the starter when Brunell was healthy again, because he was handling things just as well as Brunell was before he got hurt. I'm sorry. But it seems to me that there was 1 day in early training camp when it appeared that Brunnell had a better day. After that they seemed to perform equally with the exception of a few days (check the training camp reports) when Ramsey performed better. Someone asked what has Ramsey done to earn the starting nod? My question is, what has Brunell done? And if it's hard to distinguish between the two, well a precedent has been set. In Jacksonville.

chrisbcbu
08-17-2004, 08:32 PM
I think Ramsey doesnt trust the O-Line to give him the protection he needs, that is why he has happy feet. If he can trust them then i hope he will settle down and be able to look down field for a pass; and not looking at the lineman. Saying to himself which one is going to hit me first!

The game is built on trust and right now Ramsey doesnt trust the Line.

SkinsForLife
08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
I like Ramsy a lot, but I still think that Brunell should and will start. Ramsy still has a lot of kinks to work out: footwork, holding the ball too long, presence. Brunell looks a bit more comfortable in the pocket and releases the ball a lot quicker. By next year, if he doesn't have to step in this season, I think Ramsy will be a great starter.

Jimskin
08-17-2004, 09:20 PM
How cool is it to have a QB controversy. Here in GA the QB (Vick) IS The Entire Team! We're exactly where we need to be. Gibbs 'll make it happen!