PDA

View Full Version : rufus brown and garnell wilds

redwolf1218
09-01-2004, 07:49 AM
i've noticed a lot if posts here lately where people have noticed these 2 guys. looks like williams and gibbs found a couple diamonds in the rough, much to ralph brown's dismay...and special teams is huge Va Tech (garnell wilds). i hope these 2 make the team. i'm looking forward to watching them Friday against Atlanta. from the wash. post:
"Rufus has been battling really hard and he can do some things in special teams," Williams said. "He's one of our quickest, most ballistic, movement guys we have. He needs to step up and help [special teams coach] Danny Smith this weekend as does Wilds. Both of those guys come from backgrounds where the [NFL] game is not too big because they played at a pretty high level in college and both have special teams-oriented backgrounds, too. So it's good for them."

smoak
09-01-2004, 08:03 AM
i couldn't agree more. while i like having back-ups with NFL experience, there is something to be said for young guys who come out hungry and win a job at camp.

tommahawk
09-01-2004, 08:21 AM
I've been impressed by these two. I am curious to see them play in Atlanta. They should at least make the practice squad if not the team.

GolfFreak
09-01-2004, 08:39 AM
That's good news, it's always nice to hear the coaches picked up some good guys. I'll be watching them too this Friday.

ConradCountry
09-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Rufus Brown impressed me when he decleated Matt Mauck in the HOF game. I think that they are some diamonds in the ruff.

I just wish that the diamonds in the ruff had been found on the d-line.

RedskinRyan
09-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Rufus Brown impressed me when he decleated Matt Mauck in the HOF game. I think that they are some diamonds in the ruff.

I just wish that the diamonds in the ruff had been found on the d-line.

true, but i'll take em wherever we can find them. it might be a little early to call them hidden gems, but if they make the roster hooray for them. i liked rufus brown.

JoeDaSchmoe
09-01-2004, 11:16 AM
How can you not like a guy named Wilds who has dreads coming out of his helmet?

CarMike
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Theres not a better school than Va. Tech to get some help on STs....

Beamer is genious on STs

Skinsfan1906
09-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Theres not a better school than Va. Tech to get some help on STs....

Beamer is genious on STs

Well, I like Rufus Brown much better than I do Wilds (as a DB). Brown seems to be ready, but I have seen Wilds get burned a couple of times. Seems like his coverage technique leaves something to be desired. He (Wilds) has looked good on Special teams, however, which might get him on the squad. BTW..........DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY ADE JIMOH HASN'T BEEN CUT YET???? :cry:

BandWagon
09-01-2004, 12:18 PM
I've said this in another post...I thought Wilds was the best CB at the practice session I went to. He's big and covered out WR's very, very well IMHO.

REDMAN
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
I think Wilds is going to be very good.

colkurtz
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
It's good to see that some players are being kept JUST to be Special Teams experts. Giving the ST coach some of his own picks is part of Gibb's genius. I expect our ST play to be excellent this season vs the black hole that it's been the last few years.

Odyn
09-01-2004, 02:33 PM
It's good to see that some players are being kept JUST to be Special Teams experts. Giving the ST coach some of his own picks is part of Gibb's genius. I expect our ST play to be excellent this season vs the black hole that it's been the last few years.

I do agree with you that Gibbs is great at finding the special guys who go all-out on ST, however I am a little concerned with the coach that was hired. So far, our KR and PR have looked HORRIBLE. IT has lloked downright bad at times. I hope he can pull thnigs together for the 12th.

dabro
09-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I first noticed Wilds when I visited training camp on Thursday of the first week. Me and my bud were going, who is that guy?

He made a great come from behind tackle on Spec Teams when Gari Scott fumbled the ball away. The other team's guy was GONE, and Wilds made the saving tackle. He showed blazing speed.

Later in that game he knocked some receiver out of bounds, so he likes to hit.

Plus, I like his haircut.

redwolf1218
09-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I first noticed Wilds when I visited training camp on Thursday of the first week. Me and my bud were going, who is that guy?

He made a great come from behind tackle on Spec Teams when Gari Scott fumbled the ball away. The other team's guy was GONE, and Wilds made the saving tackle. He showed blazing speed.

Later in that game he knocked some receiver out of bounds, so he likes to hit.

Plus, I like his haircut.
his hair is cool. he is the Predator.

PyroGenic
09-01-2004, 09:41 PM
How can you not like a guy named Wilds who has dreads coming out of his helmet?

i never knew his name because his hair always covered it :lol1:

bexskins1
09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
i noticed wilds at camp 2...i hope he makes the team :spin:

shaunis
09-12-2004, 07:42 PM
i went to high school with Brown at Austin..he is a pure athlete. I hope he stays on the squad.....

Do your thing Rufus....

from an Austin Panther B-baller