PDA

View Full Version : Batman hits the skids...

akhhorus
09-05-2004, 12:47 PM
The ongoing saga of Batman, I really wish I was making this up:

http://charleston.net/stories/081404/loc_14smokey.shtml

Beloved car disappears; Batman suspected

Holy '70s muscle car, Robin! Did Batman make off with a Lowcountry man's beloved Pontiac Trans Am, one of the actual cars used in the making of the Burt Reynolds flick "Smokey and the Bandit?"

That's what police and Thomas Tyner say happened.

Batman, otherwise known as 30-year-old Cleve DuBois of North Charleston, is spending the weekend behind bars instead of cruising around the Charleston area in his homemade Batmobile, a 1978 Mercury Cougar converted to look reasonably like the nocturnal crime-fighter's trusty conveyance.

DuBois is officially charged with breach of trust and remains in the Charleston County Detention Center with his bail set at $40,000. Tyner says Dubois took away a dream he's been chasing for a quarter of a century.

DuBois also was well known for his proclivity toward tooling around town in his homemade Batmobile, sometimes even wearing a Batman suit

and then, yesterday afternoon:

http://www.charleston.net/stories/090504/loc_05batman.shtml

'Batman' helps stop suspect

Tips aid in arrest of alleged partner

BY PHILLIP CASTON
Of The Post and Courier Staff

Batman may still be in hot water over a missing '70s muscle car, but he helped capture the man North Charleston police say is the real mastermind behind the operation.

Last month, Cleve DuBois, 30, of North Charleston was arrested and charged with breach of trust following the disappearance of Thomas Tyner's 1977 Pontiac Trans Am used in the filming of "Smokey and The Bandit." He was released from jail recently on a $40,000 bond.

About 1 p.m. Saturday, though, DuBois, better known as "Batman" for dressing up as the Caped Crusader and riding around in replicas of the Batmobile and the Batcycle, gave North Charleston police a key tip in catching another suspect, and then helped apprehend him, according to Det. Robert Joyner of the North Charleston Police Department.

Before police arrived at the scene, DuBois pulled a Batman-like stunt in slowing down Hudson. Driving up in his Batcycle -- but without the superhero costume -- DuBois laid his vehicle in front of Hudson's truck and loaded trailer, preventing Hudson from leaving the scene, Joyner said. The detective arrived shortly afterward and arrested Hudson.

Then Comes The Best Quote:
""I think sitting in jail did Batman a lot of good," Joyner said."

RedskinRyan
09-05-2004, 01:46 PM
The ongoing saga of Batman, I really wish I was making this up:

you just cant make this stuff up. sometimes the craziest things are the truth, cause how the hell do you make this stuff up? in my student development class, we had a partner, and we gave them 3 facts, 1 of them not true. the kid i partnered with, his 3rd cousin is r kelly's lawyer, and another kid rode on a water slide with randy moss. it would take some serious drugs to make that stuff up.