PDA

View Full Version : Redskins fans in the Dallas area?

RedHokieSkin
09-09-2004, 05:28 PM
I grew up in Central Virginia. Been a Redskins fan my entire life...this dates back to my grandparents who were huge Skins fans. Down in Central VA though, I knew more Dallas fans growing up than Skins fans. Why is that?! We are 4 hours from DC and the Panthers didn't exist back then.

I think there are two types of Dallas fans where I'm from.

1) Central VA has a lot of country. You drive just outside of town and you're in the boonies...i.e. a lot of rednecks and hicks. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm a hick myself, but I think that they could identify better with the Cowboys.

2) The rest of them couldn't care less about football, they just hate the Redskins because they so many others in the area like them. Therefore, they gravitate toward the Cowboys.

Are there a lot of Redskins fans in the Dallas area? Do you guys know any?

monkskins
09-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Hell yes I'm a huge Skins fan here in Dallas. You wouldnt believe the trash talking down here right now. Everyone HATES us more now than the last 12 years. I wonder why?

fent
09-09-2004, 05:59 PM
i spent 15 years as a skins fan in dallas...there are quite a few of us, but a lot of them have been in hiding the past decade or so...wonder why...the one's that are proud are as proud or prouder than those here...they take joy in being in the middle of enemy territory.

IowaSkinsFan
09-09-2004, 06:24 PM
I grew up in Central Virginia. Been a Redskins fan my entire life...this dates back to my grandparents who were huge Skins fans. Down in Central VA though, I knew more Dallas fans growing up than Skins fans. Why is that?! We are 4 hours from DC and the Panthers didn't exist back then.

I think there are two types of Dallas fans where I'm from.

1) Central VA has a lot of country. You drive just outside of town and you're in the boonies...i.e. a lot of rednecks and hicks. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm a hick myself, but I think that they could identify better with the Cowboys.

2) The rest of them couldn't care less about football, they just hate the Redskins because they so many others in the area like them. Therefore, they gravitate toward the Cowboys.

Are there a lot of Redskins fans in the Dallas area? Do you guys know any?

There are 3 Redskin fans I can think of right off the bat from Texas, or, at least, living in Texas. They are hR members TexSkin, Texas Skin and RedskinsFaninTX (apologies to other hR members from Texas who I have omitted here).

techskinsfan
09-09-2004, 08:00 PM
i have a great uncle in Dallas n he is who we get our season tickets from. He has lived there for over 20 years, but kept the tickets when he moved so they could stay in the family. 3 DAYS!!!

BandWagon
09-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Hell yes I'm a huge Skins fan here in Dallas. You wouldnt believe the trash talking down here right now. Everyone HATES us more now than the last 12 years. I wonder why?

Because they are afraid...very afraid!