PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward to Monday night.

flave1969
09-21-2004, 10:03 AM
A tough game awaits us on Monday as Dallas rolls into town. They have not been that impressive so far this year, on either side of the ball.

On offense the passing game has been the main weapon for Dallas. Old Testy has passes for 677 yards but only two TD's, he has also only been sacked twice. He has thrown three interceptions so far this year all against Cleveland.
They seem too have four threats in their receivers, Glenn, Johnson and Bryant all have 11 receptions and are averaging over 15 yards per catch. These guys must be watched and defended against with discipline.

The Dallas rushing game has yielded one long run over 20 yards and it was by Dexter Coakley thier outside linebacker!!!!! So I think it is safe to say, so far the running game is not on track right now.

On D, they were spanked by Minnesota, but really stepped up against Cleveland. They have given up 272 yard on the ground, and Cleveland were as effective as Minnesota in this respect. Where Dallas really improved was in pass defence, they gave Garcia a torrid time and picked him off three times. Minnesota picked them apart without racking up a huge amount of yards.

So what are the keys to beating them?

First, and most obviously do not turn the ball over. Brunell, Ramsey and Portis need to put last week behind them. I look for Portis to step up this week. You can move on Dallas on the ground, and Portis is the best runner they will have faced so far. They shut the passing game down pretty well, the best way to beat them is spread the ball. Minnesota passed to 9 different receivers on there way to 17 receptions and 5 TD's.

We have the weapons to do this. Portis, Cooley, Coles, Gardner have been our main receivers, but Sellers, Rasby and Betts have all caught balls this year. We have to stop Dallas being able to key on one receiver.

Our D must remain as disciplined as they have so far this year. Kurt Warner had a good game have no doubt about that but he did not torch us as some have suggested. Had he done so the score would have been far worse. We certainly did not pressure him as much as I would have liked but I still think the D did an excellent job. The Dallas pass protection seems pretty good, so I do not expect a lot of pressure put on Vinny. But if you force them to throw by stopping the running game, I think we will get results.

We lost to New York for one reason Seven Turnovers. This must not happen again.

What do you think?

truant
09-21-2004, 10:10 AM
I agree with your statements and I also am looking forward to Monday Night.

Our D should keep it close and it'll likely be up to our offense to try to win the game for us late.

NamVet4
09-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Excellent analysis Flave ! Well Done !!! :D

Skins4life
09-21-2004, 10:21 AM
good analysis. I agree with everything that you said. As Smoot said on the radio on Monday morning. You can't get too high with the wins or too low with the losses. 7 turnovers WILL NOT happen again. I bet Gibbs is making everyone who touches the ball in a game sleep with a football every night.

ConradCountry
09-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Great Points,

I really think that Monday night might be ours for the taking the Boys have not looked impressive and we should be able to give them trouble.

The defenses look very similar and have played simlarly last week.

The offense have looked equally as bad but keep in mind we would be 2-0 if we had held onto the ball.

Patrick
09-21-2004, 10:26 AM
I can't wait to get to FedEx, enjoy some cold ones, and get pumped up by the greatest band in the world. Damn - it's going to be exciting!

mexskins
09-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Dallas will crowd the line of scrimmage in order to stop Portis. They will also Blitz considering Ramsey´s history.

Ramsey´s performance will be the key for this game.

Our D will continue to keep it close.

We win a by a late touchdown !!!

Hail from Mexico

dj_stouty
09-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Good stuff, Flave!

Dallas' rush Defense is currently sitting at 28th in the league. I'm hoping Portis can capitalize on that!

skins111111
09-21-2004, 01:19 PM

Redskinmayhem
09-21-2004, 01:23 PM
lets pray there arent any. :banghead:

freakofthenorth
09-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Run, run, run, and make them commit to it. Then bring in the long passes.

Moreover, the idea of screens, etc, will be crucial to slowing the blitzing down, but the key to the game is running the football. NYG kept Portis in the tackles, and that hurt us. But in order to do that, you give up a little elsewhere.

It's all on Ramsey, Portis, and the o-line's blitz pickup. I know our WRs can win the battle downfield.

Heavy Jumbo
09-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Hopefully there will be PLENTY of turnovers.....

By the Cowboys, of course.

What happened to your message skins111111?

GolfFreak
09-21-2004, 01:29 PM
We've had enough turnovers to last us a few games ... I vote for 0 on Monday night.

hockeygoalie29
09-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Good stuff, Flave!

Dallas' rush Defense is currently sitting at 28th in the league. I'm hoping Portis can capitalize on that!

And suprisingly, ours is at #1!

hail2skins
09-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Skins111111, You create a thread with a title and no substance. What's up with that?

hail2skins
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Threads merged.

RedskinsVision
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Jeff Garcia ended w/ a 0.0 QB Rating.. 2nd time in 2 years the Cowgirls have done this to a QB (ahem.. our T. Hasselbeck being the other) but gave up 136 yards rushing. so they're obviously going to crowd the box to stop Portis and will force Ramsey to beat them w/ his arm.

on Defense we must stop Vinny.. he's thrown for unbelievable yardage so far. he has 3 good WRs and a good TE to throw to and we must make sure not to give up long pass plays and give him the underneathe stuff. we should be able to contain their running game.. George is no threat and Jones is out.. so we must not allow R. Lee to break anything. i don't think we're going to be blitz too much in respect for their passing game but have to pressure Vinny to force mistakes. Williams will probably game plan the same way he did against the Giants.. stuff the run, blitz when necessary and protect the long pass.

SonnyandSam
09-21-2004, 01:36 PM
I agree with everything you said.

But as last week, we cannot be overconfident.

Despite Dallas being week against the run, they will put 8 in the box and dare us to throw. Portis will have very tough going unless he breaks past those 8 and into the secondary where he will find the endzone.

Patrick just has to make good decisions. He will have our guys one on one against the Dallas secondary. He has the opportunity to have a huge game if he can stop making mistakes. AND.....our receivers have to hold onto the ball.