PDA

View Full Version : hR Weakest Player of the Game

PennSkinsFan
11-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Please vote

CarMike
11-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Brunell.....with a close 2nd our entire WR corp.

Brody
11-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Brunell maybe? I just dunno, a little better than 33% accuracy, a little better than 3 yd/attempt, but no interceptions. Well, he didn't lose the game for us for a change, but he sure as hell made those last few minutes feel dicey.

ihatedallas
11-07-2004, 04:14 PM
well if it wasn't for brunell's weal arm gadner might have caught some balls. Gotta go with mark.

rskinsfan10
11-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Samuels/Brown/Betts/Coles/Gardner/Brunell in a tie.

And honorable mention to Sean Taylor for celebrating after he essentially missed a tackle that resulted in the Lions getting a 1st down, then coming very close to getting a taunting penalty later on.

RedskinsVision
11-07-2004, 04:17 PM
i've been patient, hoping for Brunell to turn the corner.. but it's pretty evident his best days are behind him. it's also noticable w/ Gibbs as well since he admitted being extra conservative once we had the lead. in the past we'd blow guys out at the end but w/ out the firepower, he'll take his chances w/ the Defense to hold on instead of going for the jugular. this is how it's going to be for the next couple years as Brunell will earn his money trying not to lose the games and have Portis win them.

fent
11-07-2004, 04:21 PM
i don't really recall hearing gardner's name called a lot which would indicate that brunell wasn't looking his way...i remember one drop specifically, but other than that i just rememer seeing him in motion...can't fault him for that...so i guess what i'm saying is brunell is running away with the yearly version of this award because he's got my vote for it again.

IowaSkinsFan
11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Why does it matter? We won the game! :rolleyes:

bgforever
11-07-2004, 04:34 PM
This vote is cruel :) even though I want the win, we still have a certain issue at QB

ConradCountry
11-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Mark Brunell is a joke!!!!!
6/17 58 yds.

Skins57
11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
I was gonna go with Ramsey ( he did even less than brunell did today :D) ok I will stop before everyone hate me. Just trying to lighten the mood :D

C-7
11-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Can I vote twice?

Booser
11-07-2004, 06:11 PM
what, is 58 yards passing not good?

Patrick
11-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Before everyone jumps on Burnell, go watch the game again - the WRs (for what they are paid to do) were DEFFINITELY the weakest part of our game today. ...... NOT of memtion - as pointed out by the guys who were doing the game on TV today.

Santheb
11-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Noodle arm.

Gump84
11-07-2004, 06:42 PM
The WRs didn't go 6-17 for 58 yards. They dropped 3 passes I can remember - what about the other 8?

LATrueRedskin
11-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Brunell. That complete miss on a 4 yard pass to Betts was what won it for him.

Axegrinder
11-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Trent Dilfer!:D
You know who.

Monk81
11-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Brunell he is bringing the QB position to an all time low

GibbsRules!
11-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Bru (can't hit the broad side of a barn) nell! Easily...

RoanokeSkin
11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
The answer to this poll question will be Brunell every week until he is finally benched or injured. Dont bother posting this crap again until then.

Skinzaholic
11-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Before everyone jumps on Burnell, go watch the game again - the WRs (for what they are paid to do) were DEFFINITELY the weakest part of our game today. ...... NOT of memtion - as pointed out by the guys who were doing the game on TV today.

The reason the WR's couldnt get open much is beacuse the opposing safties can help with short/medium coverage knowing that Brunell cant go deep anymore.

I voted Brunell.

thickskin
11-07-2004, 10:40 PM
anyone seeing what garcia is doing here in the 2 min drill against the ravens D? could've had him. what happened? did we not put the guy through drills or anything before signing him into his 40s? what are our options regarding nelly and the cap? clearly no one would take him off our hands. he's killing me.

Skins57
11-07-2004, 10:46 PM
The answer to this poll question will be Brunell every week until he is finally benched or injured. Dont bother posting this crap again until then.

Relax. Did everyone forget we are on the same team around here. Geessh

If brunell has a great game next week, you are saying you could not admit that. wow :D

lamskins
11-07-2004, 11:46 PM
The way Brunell plays on 3rd down, he needs to give Tupa part of his pay. Gibbs was smart to have Portis instead of Courageous Mark throw that long pass to LC for the touchdown. I wonder if we are setting records with # of punts and third down inefficiency.

superskin
11-07-2004, 11:48 PM
I dont know - I like to refer to our weakness as "the passing game", but maybe that is a generic way of taking the blame off of Brunell's shoulders. But let me say this...I am excited that our ONE problem is so defined. We are running on 3 cylinders right now, and if we can get that 4th cylinder rolling, there is still time to make something special out of this season.

It's up to Brunell, the offense, and the 12th Man this Sunday. 4-5 and one game out of .500 REALLY sounds good to me.

TupaFan
11-08-2004, 06:04 AM
The way Brunell plays on 3rd down, he needs to give Tupa part of his pay. Gibbs was smart to have Portis instead of Courageous Mark throw that long pass to LC for the touchdown. I wonder if we are setting records with # of punts and third down inefficiency.

:lol1: I agree!! The pay, the # of punts and 3rd down inefficiency. Tom had 50 punts going into the game yesterday. He punted 9 times yesterday. That shows you how horrible the offense is. It's amazing we won yesterday.

Brokenstriker
11-08-2004, 07:08 AM
I never thought that I would bash a Redskins QB ... and I'm not going to start ... but I will do something I REALLY never thought I would do ... bash Joe Gibbs

If you have conceded the passing game ... then there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose by putting Ramsey in at QB. Last time I checked he hands the ball off as well as anyone ... and when you decide to call one of your 5 passing plays per game anytime soon ... there is a decent chance Ramsey can complete it

*I hate this offense ... I don't mind 95% running plays ... but the passing game isn't just abandoned ... its complete non-functional ... don't expect any of the next teams to fail to over play the run with abandon ... and with virtually no risk ... three db's should be enough ... double coles and play run, block the TE at the line and put one guy on gardner or jacobs ... just in case its thrown in their direction (unlikely) so that they can pick-off the bobble.

Happy about the win ... but I have to keep reminding myself that we won ... it looked like we lost ... if felt like we lost ... and its left me 100% pessimistic about the rest of the season
:banghead:

RedskinRyan
11-08-2004, 07:21 AM
i dunno, i worked during the game. and of course, my satellite craps out around 12 o'clock so i couldnt tape it either. got a new receiver so that wont happen again though.

its nice that we won, but 6/17 for 58 yards is not winning stats.

Redskinmayhem
11-08-2004, 07:28 AM
MB by far. Rod had one or two thrown his way. If Rod has a DISMAL day, it usually involves the QB being even worse.

Skins4life
11-08-2004, 08:06 AM
uh....Mark - always Mark

TexSkin
11-08-2004, 09:27 AM
We need Ramsey is all I can say.

Jimskin
11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
We should put Portis in as QB and Brunell in as Running Back against the Bengals. (if only for 3 or 4 plays)...I think that would even things out with players and fans. Brunell would recieve his just punishment and Portis could "Earn", as a "Real Redskin" a position at QB. :Pickle:

IndianBaller27
11-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I was EXTREMELY disappointed in Samuels. He played a BAD game. But I had to vote for Brunell. He had fricken 58 yards and ZERO touchdowns!! Pathetic. And yesterday, when Gardner dropped the ball, YoungSkin26 was like "He's back. He's back." I started cracking up. And I hope he isn't back and it was just one last drop in his system.

Jimreaper007
11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Mark Brunell should be on a milk carton

Have you seen my game?

guinness4health
11-08-2004, 03:25 PM
for me the quarterback debate should be over after this game, (although i doubt that brunell is going to get replaced short of an injury), these are the following observations i saw from brunell against the lions...

a dome stadium tells everything we need to know about a quarterbacks arm...

1. for what ever reason his arm has gotten weak...
inside a dome stadium the quarterback has a perfect throwing environment...
the one throw downfield that i saw him throw was not a bullet but an alley-oop type of pass that was lofted-up to the reciever(who found a way to drop it)...the weakness of his arm may inpart explain the overthrows as he has to try to hard to throw the ball downfield...

2. brunell is not seeing the field very well (part of this is the fault of the offensive line, the rest may be attributed to height issues on the part of brunell himself) this is a continuing theme cause he is not seeing the opening early enough to get the ball downfield some, this combined with the weakness of his arm causes defensive backs to be able to recover and make a play on the ball.

3. (and this is the most destrubing fact of the all and it is indisputable)
BRUNELL HAS HAPPY FEET....
time after time if you look at brunell's feet they are bouncing around at a mile a minute when he is in the pocket, whether he is being pressured or not...when this is happening the quarterback not only ends up rushing his passes, but he is unable to step in his throws properly, it affects his ability to read the field and generally leads the quarterback to give up on a play earlier than necessary...

this to me is enough evidence to suggest that brunell is not mentally where he needs to be to lead this team, other players i am sure can see these things when they look at the film and i would imagine are losing faith in their quarterback... for all of ramsey's flaws this clearing is not one of them...he will give up his body play after play in an effort to buy the extra second to potentially make the play...

with brunell's turnover numbers (who seems to throw interceptions 5-15 yards downfield that have a better chance of getting returned for a TD) i would much prefer ramsey in there(who throws more deep ball interceptions, which are harder to return for TDs, so that we give our defense a chance to hold the opponent)

the ability to throw the deep ball is vital to opening the intermediate to short passing game...burnell cannot do it and defenses are crowding the line of scrimage and blitzing more ofter because they know brunell cannot throw over their head...when the safeties can ballhawk and not worry about providing the deep help it is going to continue to be a long season for the offense

Minnesota Mike
11-08-2004, 07:35 PM
This pick is even easier than the Offensive Player of the Game poll.

Brunell, who by the way is not very good.

smoot
11-09-2004, 02:57 PM
how many weeks in arow has it been brunell now?