PDA

View Full Version : Brees

ihatedallas
11-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I was reading the espn column "hot reads" in espn the magazine. They were talking about how Brees could possibly end up here. What do you think? I doubt we have that much cap room, but i think he could continue on with this succes? What do you guys think?

IMALILTEAPOT
11-14-2004, 01:09 PM
i was reading that same thing. i dont know, i have a feeling that if he did come he would be another bust. as the season goes on and if he turns out to be truelly a star, then we'll see

SkinsKY
11-14-2004, 01:47 PM
If he finishes strong, I don't think there's anyway we could afford him. We've obviously have to give up Ramsey, but that would probably mean over $16 of signing bonus in two players at the same position. One who shouldn't play anymore and one who was disappointing for all but one year. Don't forget Brees was probably not likely to finish the season as the starter and probably wouldn't be now if he hadn't gotten hot. I'll pass right now.

Booser
11-14-2004, 01:47 PM
no thanks. i dont trust a one year wonder.

Dolla Bill
11-14-2004, 02:04 PM
If we go after Brees, that means Ramsey is out of here. Another question is, who would go after Ramsey? A friend of mine, a Raiders fan said he wouldn't mind Ramsey playing for him, but I would love to see Ramsey as a skin next year. Just as a trade scenario, would you trade Ramsey for perhaps Jake Grove and a conditional mid to late draft choice?

LadyNRedskinsfan
11-14-2004, 02:29 PM
if you look at brees, he is finally playing well after 3 or 4 years. whats the difference between this year and his first year as a starter? he is finally understanding marty's system and the players around him (OL, WRs, etc.) have gotten better. that same thing can happen with ramsey. i think we need to be patient......

Dolla Bill
11-14-2004, 02:33 PM
if you look at brees, he is finally playing well after 3 or 4 years. whats the difference between this year and his first year as a starter? he is finally understanding marty's system and the players around him (OL, WRs, etc.) have gotten better. that same thing can happen with ramsey. i think we need to be patient......

I would love to see Ramsey here and playing. I think its a good idea for him to see what Gibbs' system looks like from the sideline. I'm not gonna turn this into a Ramsey vs. Brunnell thing, my god, there's enough of that, but to put Brees into another system and starting over is a scary thought. He's only had 1 head coach since getting into the league, right?

sdredskinsfan
11-14-2004, 04:37 PM

I agree, except with the last bit about ramsey. Brees is definitely more accurate. But Brees is nothing special.

split3clemente
11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
We should let ramsey start the rest of the season and if he truly stinks like brunell has I wouldnt mind getting Brees. I also read that article IHD and it said we have the best chance of signing him

ZackMills
11-14-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd love to see Mr. Brees in the Burgundy and Gold if we can get rid of Mark. :jetsuk:

NCskinsfanatic
11-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Brees would be nice but we really have to wait till the end of the season and see what Ramsey or Brunell, for that matter, have when the chips are down. Ramsey needs a lot of work if he is to become a starting QB in this league, but maybe, just maybe we will make the right decisions this offseason to help the O. There will most likely be an overhaul of the O line, atleast 1 new QB(backup to Ramsey or a starter over him), and possibly a small shake up at WR.

Bluuz
11-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Getting someone like Brees would only mean another QB coming in and trying to learn Gibb's complicated system. Ramsey ought to know it by now. Looks like he's the starter now, so see what happens the rest of the season.

CarMike
11-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Well, after todays game, I hope that Ramsey will be the starter from here on out. Even if he plays worse than Brunell. Atleast we would know what we have in Ramsey.

Monk4HOF
11-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, if Ramsey doesn't prove that he can play by the end of the season, then we are in real trouble because his trade value will evaporate. Brunell should retire, he is just not the same QB anymore.

I am afraid that the Redskins QB of the future is not on the current roster. I don't think he is on San Diego's roster either. We will see.

Bill Malinchak
11-14-2004, 06:57 PM
No way on Brees. We are not getting burned on another high priced free agent. We are always guilty of taking the stats a guy gets while playing for another team and trying to plug them in to our team, and it just doesn't work that way. As of now, Gibbs will stay the course, Ramsey starting, Brunell back-up, unless something catastrophic happens.

SkinsDominate
11-14-2004, 06:58 PM

Think God!! I thought I would be the only one thinking this!!

whitskins
11-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Ramsey will prove that we don't need Brees (please God!!)

ZackMills
11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
How in the world can we afford Brees anyway? :Pickle:

split3clemente
11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Ramsey will prove that we don't need Brees (please God!!)

hahahaha
yea, ramseys gonna play lights out for the rest of the season and become the next bret favre, no worries folks, hopefully we wont even need to think about picking up brees

akhhorus
11-14-2004, 07:47 PM
also San Diego has enough money under the cap to Franchise him and trade him. I wouldnt give up a 1st rounder for him.

smoot
11-14-2004, 07:47 PM
can we put this stuff to rest for now, lets wait and see what Ramsey can do for the rest of the season

ConradCountry
11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
If Ramsey doesn't turn out to be the QB of the future we will look to draft a replacement in the 3rd or 4th round.

CowboyKilla
11-14-2004, 11:22 PM
If ramsey doesn't really establish himself on the field and with Gibbs than so be it....consider any upgrade option.

PyroGenic
11-14-2004, 11:29 PM
I think he's a flash in the pan... and it seems he's finally comfortable with these guys and got used to the system. I think I'd keep brees over Rivers... oh well... too bab for San Diego.

whitskins
11-14-2004, 11:53 PM
I think he's a flash in the pan... and it seems he's finally comfortable with these guys and got used to the system. I think I'd keep brees over Rivers... oh well... too bab for San Diego.

I don't feel that bad for them, they're dropping 40 points a game on some teams... But it is a quandry for them, I think they'll franchise Brees, trade him for a first rounder and go into next year's draft with 3 #1 picks (they have the Giants'). Sweet deal for them.

I just hope Ramsey can execute like a respectable NFL quarterback for the rest of the season. If he can win us four games down this very difficult stretch then I'll feel confident calling him our quarterback for next season.

bgforever
11-15-2004, 04:44 AM
Brees is going to Dollass.
We don't need Brees, if you're going to bring someone in, it needs to be on the O line and a DE that makes QB's move and shudder!

RedHokieSkin
11-15-2004, 08:07 AM

This is the point I wanted to make on this thread. Brees had played almost 2 full seasons before this year under the same head coach. It has taken time for the young QB to come into his own. The consistency of the staff has helped him tremendously. Throughout his first 2 seasons, he made his share of great plays and big mistakes.

Ramsey has played for 1 full season under what most would consider was one of the worst schemes ever for protecting the QB. He has now had to deal with a regime change and has to re-learn the NFL.

How could anyone push Drew Brees without really giving Ramsey a fair shot? Who knows...maybe he could even be better...

GolfFreak
11-15-2004, 08:58 AM
I'd pass on Brees, but he is playing out of his arse. I still think Ramsey is our QB for the next several years.

Smiley
11-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Here we go again with panic moves. How long did it take Brees to understand and grasp Marty's offense? 2-3 years right? Marty's offense is much more simplified than Gibbs'. Come on people!! Do ya' really want to wait for this guy for 2-3 years? Let's see how Ramsey progresses with the remaining games and if he shows some leadership we'll go get a solid backup for em' in the offseason. That's the way it should have been in the first place. DId ya' see Brunell's arm strength? I'm shocked by it.

Redskinmayhem
11-15-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm not giving up on Ram yet. Even if he stinks it up the rest of this year, I would stick with him for next year. Brees was terrible last year and look at him this year? Ram needs the same chance. We've got our HERO coach back and we need to "build" a winning team instead of trying to "BUY" a winning team. Gibbs has a five year deal and when he's gone, GW is next in line. This is the one time in recent skins history(Gibbs first tenure not withstanding) that we NEED to be patient. Brees might be a good even great QB but we need to get back to the days when the Burgandy and Gold meant Character, honor, loyalty and most of all WINNING. I want to win now just as much as the next guy but if we want to get back to greatness we need to put in the effort now. from a fan standpoint, effort now means sticking with the team during a rebuilding time.

dallasadmin
11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
I'll stick with Ramsey too. Sure beats Wilbon's suggestion of Kitna. I mean come on, Kitna???

dj_stouty
11-15-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't know why everyone is obsessing over Kitna and Brees. I don't believe the hype on either one of them. Both took 3 years on their respective teams to actually make a difference. Both have been benched and un-benched more times than Shane, Danny and Ramsey combined. They remind me of the type of players who won't do well at all adjusting to a new offense. (Especially if the club expects quick results)

Skin-E-Dip
11-15-2004, 10:04 AM
I would love to see Brees here but I dont think he would be worth the cost. But Skin fans come on with this Patient mess concerning Ramsey. Every rookie and free agent has to learn a new system. Its like driving in America versus driving in England -sure things are different but still either you are a good driver or not. If Ramsey doesnt show some growth by the end of this season it will be foolish to go into next season with him and Brunnell as your QB talent. We have a real stud at RB with Portis and a top defense, I think we have a small window to do something special if we get the right QB help in here

Skin-E-Dip
11-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Kitna doesnt sound that bad. I mean with Kitna last year the Bengals were a dangerous air attacking team. With Palmer they are barely better than us. So Kitna must have something worth while

SkinsGuru
11-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Brees doesn't have enought of an arm for Gibbs. Plus he wouldn't be doing anywhere near as well playing behind our o-line

split3clemente
11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
kitnas an interesting idea if we can get him without giving him a HUGE contract, but the bottom line is we should all hope ramsey has a great second half, if we bring ANOTHER qb in here hes gonna have to learn the complicated offense and blah blah blah, its gonna be a step back

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 11:35 AM
David Garrard. All about David Garrard.

Kitna would be my second choice. Well, actually third, since Ramsey is obviously first.

Redskinmayhem
11-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I'll stick with Ramsey too. Sure beats Wilbon's suggestion of Kitna. I mean come on, Kitna???

Me too. I can't belive how fickle some people on this board are. I mean come one. Garrard? If he's really that good he would be starting. The Tom Brady's of the NFL are few and Very far between. Once a guy gets stuck as a back up QB it's pretty much a given that his talent and potential has been assessed(sp?) about a million and one times and by a million people. And Brees??? Yes he's having a good season but for once I would like some home grown talent. Besides Brees isn't gonna come cheap. We need the cap space for a good DE and the Brunnell fiasco is going to cost us bigtime. Please, no more mention of FA QB's until RAM get's his shot. BTW, his "SHOT" should be at least as long as Brunnell had.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Me too. I can't belive how fickle some people on this board are. I mean come one. Garrard? If he's really that good he would be starting. The Tom Brady's of the NFL are few and Very far between. Once a guy gets stuck as a back up QB it's pretty much a given that his talent and potential has been assessed(sp?) about a million and one times and by a million people. And Brees??? Yes he's having a good season but for once I would like some home grown talent. Besides Brees isn't gonna come cheap. We need the cap space for a good DE and the Brunnell fiasco is going to cost us bigtime. Please, no more mention of FA QB's until RAM get's his shot. BTW, his "SHOT" should be at least as long as Brunnell had.

Mayhem, I thikn (hope) that we're simply discussing possibilities that the Redskins will have to look at in the off season if Ramsey looks flat-out bad for the rest of the year. All of us (well, except Michael Wilbon) are thinking and hoping and praying right now that Ramsey is the quarterback we saw some great flashes of last season. This thread is simply to talk about what happens in case he isn't.

That said, to give a little defense to my boy Garrard, he was drafted four years ago by the Jags when they needed a backup QB to possibly groom as Brunell's replacement. Leftwich, however, got in between Garrard and the #1 spot on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that Garrard's horrible or purely backup material. He's just not a Byron Leftwich. Few players can be.

dj_stouty
11-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Mayhem, I thikn (hope) that we're simply discussing possibilities that the Redskins will have to look at in the off season if Ramsey looks flat-out bad for the rest of the year. All of us (well, except Michael Wilbon) are thinking and hoping and praying right now that Ramsey is the quarterback we saw some great flashes of last season. This thread is simply to talk about what happens in case he isn't.

That said, to give a little defense to my boy Garrard, he was drafted four years ago by the Jags when they needed a backup QB to possibly groom as Brunell's replacement. Leftwich, however, got in between Garrard and the #1 spot on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that Garrard's horrible or purely backup material. He's just not a Byron Leftwich. Few players can be.

If Garrard was so great, then why did they draft Leftwhich? Doesn't that raise a flag for you?

akhhorus
11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Brees is probably going to Balto or Dallas. The Skins need a strong armed QB who doesnt make bad decisions. How about, and I'm throwing this out since he's owed a 50 million dollar bonus by his team and will probably be cut, taking a run at Steve McNair. If and only if Ramsey isnt doing well.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
If Garrard was so great, then why did they draft Leftwhich? Doesn't that raise a flag for you?

Same exact question can be asked about Brees.

And, heck, if you think about it, Jon Kitna as well.

dj_stouty
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Same exact question can be asked about Brees.

I agree. I'm not a fan of either one. (And add Kitna to that list)

ShaggySkins
11-15-2004, 04:12 PM
To throw another name out there as a possibility that I don't think has been mentioned. What about Jake Plummer??? Can scramble and run the rollouts. Has experience playing with Portis. Also is owed a 6 million dollar option year after this season and its questionable if Denver will pick it up depending on how they perform down the stretch. If they don't pick it up I think he could really fit into what we do here. I like Garrard a lot but I've liked him since he first was in Jacksonville. He's very talented and can run.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 04:13 PM
I agree. I'm not a fan of either one. (And add Kitna to that list)

Yeah, I edited my post to add Kitna. But if we're not gonna go after any QB whose team drafted another QB as a replacement, exactly who else would be left?

This is, again, assuming Ramsey absolutely tanks in the second half of the season. I think he'll play well, but message boards were made for "What if?" discussions like this.

resdog56
11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
There's always Rob Johnson! Just kidding folks. I think we should give Patrick a shot for the rest of the year, maybe he is the next Favre. That would make Brunell, Don "the magic man" Majkowski, for all you wahoo fans. If Ramsey doesn't move mountains and/or the offense, draft Aaron Rodgers or Matt Lienart, these kids can throw the rock. Of course we'd need a vet, too. Maybe, Kitna as a stop gap. Remember, Ramsey was Spurriers boy, we'll see what Gibbs does from here on out, maybe, just maybe, Ramsey can become a Gibbs guy!

ConradCountry
11-15-2004, 05:00 PM
There's always Rob Johnson! Just kidding folks. I think we should give Patrick a shot for the rest of the year, maybe he is the next Favre. That would make Brunell, Don "the magic man" Majkowski, for all you wahoo fans. If Ramsey doesn't move mountains and/or the offense, draft Aaron Rodgers or Matt Lienart, these kids can throw the rock. Of course we'd need a vet, too. Maybe, Kitna as a stop gap. Remember, Ramsey was Spurriers boy, we'll see what Gibbs does from here on out, maybe, just maybe, Ramsey can become a Gibbs guy!

I would prefer to adress the QB position in the 2nd rd with a guy like Walters of AZ st or a guy like Orton frokm Purdue.

colkurtz
11-15-2004, 05:15 PM
First: money. We'll only create cap money by making some real hard decisions. Want some cap space? That means you've got to drop players. Let Samuels or Wynn go.....

Second: you've got to let Ramsey play out this whole season and see what he's made of. This season he proves whther he is the future.

IMHO Ramseys got a great arm, but no mobility and his reads aren't great. Most of the upper-echelon QBs in the NFL can run some. With Ramsey, there will be sacks -always. Even when our OL is fixed. Ramsey has no touch - which means dropped balls. Finally, I just don't think his receiver 'read capability' is good - which means interceptions. In the end I think he will be a bust for this team. But give him a chance at least - he's earned that.

Then we'll talk about FA or draft QBs.

akhhorus
11-15-2004, 05:21 PM
First: money. We'll only create cap money by making some real hard decisions. Want some cap space? That means you've got to drop players. Let Samuels or Wynn go.....

Second: you've got to let Ramsey play out this whole season and see what he's made of. This season he proves whther he is the future.

Sameuls and Wynn could both be gone, you can trade Samuels to someone like San Diego(who will have a low first rounder to offer of their possible 3 first rounders or would be willing to part with a 2nd) and have the cap room to make the deal. If wynn and Samuels go, you have to spend a 1st rounder to replace one of them.

whitskins
11-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Sameuls and Wynn could both be gone, you can trade Samuels to someone like San Diego(who will have a low first rounder to offer of their possible 3 first rounders or would be willing to part with a 2nd) and have the cap room to make the deal. If wynn and Samuels go, you have to spend a 1st rounder to replace one of them.

Agreed all around. The most painful part of trying to get value out of a guy like Samuels is you have to turn right around and spend a first rounder to replace him. I hope we can just restructure to a liveable number.

akhhorus
11-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Agreed all around. The most painful part of trying to get value out of a guy like Samuels is you have to turn right around and spend a first rounder to replace him. I hope we can just restructure to a liveable number.

But if you could get a low first or second rounder for him, it's a extra pick you can replace Wynn with someone like:
Tyler King, Eric Moore, Simon Fraser, Kevin Eli; in the second round.

skinswin
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Ramsey will make all this Brees talk a non-issue. Check Ramsey out in week #15,16 and 17. Then you'll see our QB of the future.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 06:57 PM

IMHO Ramseys got a great arm, but no mobility and his reads aren't great. Most of the upper-echelon QBs in the NFL can run some. With Ramsey, there will be sacks -always. Even when our OL is fixed. Ramsey has no touch - which means dropped balls. Finally, I just don't think his receiver 'read capability' is good - which means interceptions. In the end I think he will be a bust for this team. But give him a chance at least - he's earned that.

Then we'll talk about FA or draft QBs.

QBs that are as mobile, or even less mobile, than Ramsey, off the top of my head:

Trent Green
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Drew Bledsoe
Matt Hasselbeck
Vinny Testaverde
Brad Johnson

I'm sure there are more current quarterbacks that could be added to the list. Can't think of all of them. Anyways, that ain't a bad list at all. Green, Brady, Manning, and Hasselbeck were all Pro Bowlers last year. All of those players, in fact, have been Pro Bowlers at some point. There are four Super Bowl wins among them and three MVP awards, with a fourth assumably on its way for Peyton.

Mobility is not at all a necessary part of a good, or even great, NFL quarterback.

As for touch, go find anyone that played with Brett Favre for the first five years of his career and ask them how much touch he had. Interceptions? Peyton Manning has thrown 33 and 28 in a season. This year, he's thrown four. Brett Favre has been one of the most interception-prone quarterbacks in the league his entire career. He's going to the Hall of Fame.

Let's not forget, fellas, last year Ramsey's TD/INT ratio was 14 to 9. That ain't bad at all. If you double it, giving him an average numbers of TDs thrown in a season (28), 18 interceptions come along with it. Again, not bad at all, especially given that those numbers are from his second year. Let's give the kid a couple chances this year when he doesn't come into a game down by at least two touchdowns and having to pass almost every single play before we judge his progression. Ramsey's flaws are either inconsequential provided a better overall offense, or are relatively common among most young quarterbacks. Coaching will fix them.

ShaggySkins
11-15-2004, 07:02 PM
But those players that you listed (Manning, Green, & Brady) are all in offenses that is very favorable to the QB and have very strong offensive lines. Possibly 3 of the best in the league. As for the other QBs they are all struggling this year so I'm not sure if thats a favorable thing. The way the league seems to be shaping up the last few years is that you need a QB capable of rolling out and making plays on his feet. I'm not saying Ramsey isn't capable of that but it just seems how the league is shaping up UNLESS you have a fantastic offensive line.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 07:08 PM
But those players that you listed (Manning, Green, & Brady) are all in offenses that is very favorable to the QB and have very strong offensive lines. Possibly 3 of the best in the league. As for the other QBs they are all struggling this year so I'm not sure if thats a favorable thing. The way the league seems to be shaping up the last few years is that you need a QB capable of rolling out and making plays on his feet. I'm not saying Ramsey isn't capable of that but it just seems how the league is shaping up UNLESS you have a fantastic offensive line.

They're all struggling because, in general, they all have Mark Brunell syndrome: They're old.

Bledsoe is done. Absolutely done. So is Warner, in my opinion. And Testaverde. Johnson's probably close. And Hasselbeck is coming off a Pro Bowl, 4,000+ yard year. Seattle as a team has gone cold for the past month, but let's wait for the season to pan out before judging him.

What you say is true, but also obvious. Of course you'll need a great offensive line to protect an immobile quarterback. No one will argue that. I will, however, argue that great O-lines were not built in a year, as has been attempted here for several seasons now. Next year will provide some nice continuity, and will also bring Jon Jansen back. I'd gladly put down twenty bucks on the line being a lot better 12 months from now.

ShaggySkins
11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
What you say is true, but also obvious. Of course you'll need a great offensive line to protect an immobile quarterback. No one will argue that. I will, however, argue that great O-lines were not built in a year, as has been attempted here for several seasons now. Next year will provide some nice continuity, and will also bring Jon Jansen back. I'd gladly put down twenty bucks on the line being a lot better 12 months from now.

Your assuming Samuels is returning to the team, Jansen can fully recover from tearing his knee, we can upgrade at Center, and we have no more injuries. I'm not adverse to having a immobile QB such as Ramsey. Right now I want to see how Ramsey shapes up the last half of the season and see what we have. If he struggles then we need to look elsewhere and I think based on the way Gibbs has attempted to run the offense with Brunell that it would be prefered to have a scrambling QB *cough cough Jake Plummer cough cough*

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Your assuming Samuels is returning to the team, Jansen can fully recover from tearing his knee, we can upgrade at Center, and we have no more injuries. I'm not adverse to having a immobile QB such as Ramsey. Right now I want to see how Ramsey shapes up the last half of the season and see what we have. If he struggles then we need to look elsewhere and I think based on the way Gibbs has attempted to run the offense with Brunell that it would be prefered to have a scrambling QB *cough cough Jake Plummer cough cough*

Ugh, we don't want INTs but we want Jake Plummer? I could never get on the Plummer bandwagon.

I'm assuming, based on Samuels' agent, that he'll restructure in the off season. And, yes, I'm also assuming that Jansen will fully recover from his Achilles rupture (that's not the knee, by the way, it's on the back of the calf... not trying to bug ya about it, just letting ya know). As for center, I don't think we need to upgrade in order to have a very good O-line. Would upgrading be nice? Sure. But you don't been five guys who are absolutely dominant in order to have a solid line.

ShaggySkins
11-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Ugh, we don't want INTs but we want Jake Plummer? I could never get on the Plummer bandwagon.

Plummer has 10 interceptions this year, Ramsey has already thrown 5 this season in very limited action.

Not to get this into a whose better debate either but Plummer last season had a QB Rating of 91.2 with 15 TDs and 7 INTs

This season he has a QB Rating of 89.3 with 19 TDs and 10 INTs.

I just think he's someone who definitely should be considered if Denver doesn't pick up his option year.

colkurtz
11-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I agree with some of your arguments. My point about mobility is that Ramsey is like a statute. If he had a little bit of movement it would help. With the modern day blitz packages, mobile QBs have the advantage. He can make it as a immobile QB, but he's going to have do better at the other things to make up for that.

I said to give Ramsey the rest of this season. No doubt about it. He's earned that play. However, at the end of this season the coaches will have to make a tough call on the QB position, IF Ramsey doesn't start to shine.

Why? Because we will again have a very high first round draft pick. If Ramsey is not the answer, then we will be using that pick on a premium QB.

If Ramsey can do something with our leaky OL, WRs who have attacks of stone hands and opposing teams that are going to blitz him like crazy, then he will be our future.

smoot
11-15-2004, 08:06 PM
...ill refrain for now but if you want my opinions, follow joe's work, its a masterpiece

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Plummer has 10 interceptions this year, Ramsey has already thrown 5 this season in very limited action.

Not to get this into a whose better debate either but Plummer last season had a QB Rating of 91.2 with 15 TDs and 7 INTs

This season he has a QB Rating of 89.3 with 19 TDs and 10 INTs.

I just think he's someone who definitely should be considered if Denver doesn't pick up his option year.

Wow, only 10 INTs? I hadn't looked at his stats in a while, that's better than I thought. You may have something there, Shaggy. Of course, if he's doing that well, then Denver will probably keep him.

ShaggySkins
11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Wow, only 10 INTs? I hadn't looked at his stats in a while, that's better than I thought. You may have something there, Shaggy. Of course, if he's doing that well, then Denver will probably keep him.

The reason I'm not sure Denver will keep him is that he has a 6 million dollar bonus due to him at the end of the season with an option year. I think they will probably keep him but I think he's definitely a guy worth exploring if he isn't picked up. The Denver coaching staff has been giving mixed signals about him being picked up for another year or not.

PyroGenic
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
The reason I'm not sure Denver will keep him is that he has a 6 million dollar bonus due to him at the end of the season with an option year. I think they will probably keep him but I think he's definitely a guy worth exploring if he isn't picked up. The Denver coaching staff has been giving mixed signals about him being picked up for another year or not.

who would they pick up? brees? they like to have mobile Quarterbacks that can make something out of nothing with their legs.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-15-2004, 11:18 PM

I can't really see Denver letting go of him. Do they expect to not have to pay a big chunk of change in order to have a good quarterback? They go hand in hand. Besides, then they'd be in the same exact position we'd be in if Ramsey doesn't pan out. Not good.

whitskins
11-16-2004, 12:22 AM
I can't really see Denver letting go of him. Do they expect to not have to pay a big chunk of change in order to have a good quarterback? They go hand in hand. Besides, then they'd be in the same exact position we'd be in if Ramsey doesn't pan out. Not good.

Exactly, if you get a guy at quarterback in this day and age who can make plays and win games on even a somewhat consistent basis, you don't let him go.

The bottom line is there are 32 teams and not nearly as many starting quarterbacks in this league.

ShaggySkins
11-16-2004, 09:55 AM

But did any of us expect them to let Portis go after the season he had??? If I told you a year ago today Portis would be available to us you all would have laughed me off the board. I'm not saying its going to happen but it wouldn't shock me. Shannhan is a tight wad with the salary cap and has key players on his offensive and defensive lines becoming FAs.

JoeDaSchmoe
11-16-2004, 01:50 PM
But did any of us expect them to let Portis go after the season he had??? If I told you a year ago today Portis would be available to us you all would have laughed me off the board. I'm not saying its going to happen but it wouldn't shock me. Shannhan is a tight wad with the salary cap and has key players on his offensive and defensive lines becoming FAs.

True. But we don't have Champ Bailey to trade them this time. Maybe if they became interested in Gardner....? One inconsistent player for another.

griff
11-16-2004, 02:13 PM

ConradCountry
11-16-2004, 03:44 PM
I am not a huge Jake Plummer fan, he can lead a team but he has a weak arm he would be good in a dink and dime offence,.

Skins Guy
11-16-2004, 03:46 PM

i go with that

suppitty
11-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Every fansite of every team in the nfl that doesnt have a star qb is about getting drew brees in the off-season. If we could get him it would be great, but lets give ramsey a shot first. I dont really think ramsey will be very good, but if he is than we just need to fins a veteran backup like a jeff blake or anthony wright.

IMALILTEAPOT
11-16-2004, 04:22 PM
i didnt know plummer is in the mix. i would love to have him. didnt he throw for like 500 yards this year in one game? well 499 but thats basically 500. they did lose though hahah

Jimreaper007
11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Brees looks very good and the games seems to have slowed down for him. He is also mobile which would help tremendously.

Let's give patrick some time before we pull the cord on him