PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor is THE MAN!

wewantdallas
12-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Sean Taylor is what I hoped Lavar Arrington would be on the field.

I mean, I love Lavar, and he's great, but I get the feeling that he's not "mean" enough, and that if he seems mean, it's just an act of sorts.

Not Taylor. This guy is mean. He is junkyard dog mean. He is Oprah-forced-to-eat-a-salad mean. And he MEANS it.

I absolutely loved the way he played Owens last night. He taunted him after almost every play. He hit him when he had the chance. He tried to get in his head. He terrorizes people out there. I don't want the personal fouls - he NEEDS to watch that. But we haven't had this kind of attitude on defense in a LOOONNGG time. Not since Wilbur Marshall has someone been so downright mean. I love the dark face mask, I love that he wore the red socks, and I want to see him take a page out of Lavar's book and end Vinnie's career in little D in two weeks.

Anyway, I'm tired of debating the deep pass at the end and just wanted to throw out a nugget of positivity. This guy has a bright future if he can just mature properly.

SkinsKY
12-13-2004, 11:16 AM
I think Taylor's and Marcus's attitudes are things we need more of. Meanness was something Sam Huff said Lavar needed more of to become a dominant player. Taylor has progessed by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year. He really is going to be worth the fifth pick we spent on him.

rskinsfan10
12-13-2004, 11:18 AM
I could do without the trash talking after you were beat, and the only thing that saved you from embarrassment was the fact that the pass was poorly thrown.

I don't mind the trash talking after you have made a great play, but IMO you have nothing to talk about when luck had more to do with the outcome of the play then you yourself.

hail2skins
12-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Taylor has great attitude and I love it as well. Just needs to cut out the dumb stuff. He was very lucky not to get a personal foul for hitting out of bounds yesterday. He was in TO's face all game too and I was surprised he didn't get a taunting call.

joethefan
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
I don't mind Taylor having a bad boy type of attitude in the league...Roy Williams has the same type of play and attitude and know one talks negatively of him......We need that. Then we can see more players look like Todd Pull Up Pinkston......even though it wasn't Taylor that was gonna take his head off, he saw flashes of 36........that's why he pulled up.

hail2skins
12-13-2004, 11:23 AM
I don't mind Taylor having a bad boy type of attitude in the league...Roy Williams has the same type of play and attitude and know one talks negatively of him......We need that. Then we can see more players look like Todd Pull Up Pinkston......even though it wasn't Taylor that was gonna take his head off, he saw flashes of 36........that's why he pulled up.

That pull up on Pinkston was hilarious. The band director turned to me and I said he heard Taylor's footsteps.

Spence
12-13-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of trash talk, but even boring white guys like me must learn to adapt to a new, louder era. In that vein, I can live with trash talk if you're winning or just made a great play. Trash talk after you got schooled or when your team is down by 10 points is bush league.

Keino
12-13-2004, 11:28 AM
I love Taylor's attitude. Just Love it. I liked teh jawing with TO personally. I think he got TO out of his game as evidenced by TO's season low production output.....

2Cooley
12-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Taylor had the whole Eagles wide out core playin scared that whole D gets the job done out there.

redskin_rich
12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Are you saying you dont like Lavar? LA used to get penalized alot for late hits too if thats what you like. I like ST but think he needs to dial it down slightly like Lavar has done.

split3clemente
12-13-2004, 11:34 AM
taylas a beast!!!!! hes a keeper wit a great attitude, he just isnt used to all this losing, hes def one of the players we can build around

JoeJacksonTaylor28
12-13-2004, 11:36 AM

I mean, I love Lavar, and he's great, but I get the feeling that he's not "mean" enough, and that if he seems mean, it's just an act of sorts.

Not Taylor. This guy is mean. He is junkyard dog mean. He is Oprah-forced-to-eat-a-salad mean. And he MEANS it.

I absolutely loved the way he played Owens last night. He taunted him after almost every play. He hit him when he had the chance. He tried to get in his head. He terrorizes people out there. I don't want the personal fouls - he NEEDS to watch that. But we haven't had this kind of attitude on defense in a LOOONNGG time. Not since Wilbur Marshall has someone been so downright mean. I love the dark face mask, I love that he wore the red socks, and I want to see him take a page out of Lavar's book and end Vinnie's career in little D in two weeks.

Anyway, I'm tired of debating the deep pass at the end and just wanted to throw out a nugget of positivity. This guy has a bright future if he can just mature properly.
I love it also! That's why I wanted so badly him in here... if he keeps it up, and keep learning, he'll be the best safety since Ronnie Lott. Yes, Ronnie Lott. And I'm his #1 fan.

techskinsfan
12-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Are you saying you dont like Lavar? LA used to get penalized alot for late hits too if thats what you like. I like ST but think he needs to dial it down slightly like Lavar has done.

no lavar isnt mean like taylor is...lavar will hit ya...and hes probably a bigger hitter than taylor...but hes not in peoples ears taking them out of the game...playing like he wants to hurt you...like st does...i love taylor

RdsknBill
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Taylor intimidates people. He hits like a truck.

I loved how he was in Owens ear all night long. Nobody deserved it more than him :honor:

joethefan
12-13-2004, 11:46 AM
That pull up on Pinkston was hilarious. The band director turned to me and I said he heard Taylor's footsteps.

I've been watching the NFL for years, I have never seen anything like that......if I were Andy Reid, He'd be sitting on the plane or the bus next to the luggage.

LadyNRedskinsfan
12-13-2004, 11:46 AM
well wwd, if you are wrong, than so am I. i love sean's attitude. like others have said, he needs to cut out the penalties but the guy is starting to take players out of their game because they fear him. we need 11 guys, actually 22 guys that are feared once they step on the field.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
12-13-2004, 11:51 AM
no lavar isnt mean like taylor is...lavar will hit ya...and hes probably a bigger hitter than taylor...but hes not in peoples ears taking them out of the game...playing like he wants to hurt you...like st does...i love taylor
He tries to get himself in your head, and you'll see a ball in the air, but you'd only keep hearing "I'm coming for you.... the clock is ticking... you can't see me, but I can see you.... and soon, you'll feel me.... I'm coming for you"

GibbsRules!
12-13-2004, 11:55 AM

:lol1: That's great Mike, I bet Pinkston wore a Pull Up after that play for the rest of the game...I bet he pissed his pants if it was that obvious to you guys!

I love that MIAMI-tude that Sean brings to the table. Some of the greatest players in all of sport talked major trash and you guys know that. I'm talkin bout Jordan, Bird, Ali, Ray Lewis, etc...It gave them a mental edge of knowing they are in the oppositions head. Nothing wrong with that. Sports psychology 101 as far as I'm concerned...

He is a confident young man who is full of himself and I love it! He will get owned at times this year and already has. He is out there on an island by himself covering speed receivers and layin wood. I think it will rub off on Lavar in a positive way...

This kid is super special!!

wewantdallas
12-13-2004, 12:42 PM

Read one line down from the sentence you quoted from my original post and you'll see the answer to that question.

PennSkinsFan
12-13-2004, 12:44 PM
What's even better than his attitude is the repuatation he is getting with wide receivers, as we saw from Pinkston last evening.

wewantdallas
12-13-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of trash talk, but even boring white guys like me must learn to adapt to a new, louder era. In that vein, I can live with trash talk if you're winning or just made a great play. Trash talk after you got schooled or when your team is down by 10 points is bush league.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of trash talk either. If that's all that Taylor's doing, then I do disagree with that tactic.

But it seems to me that what he's doing is similar to what players like Butkus used to do, which I don't really classify as trash talking. That's basically telling someone he's going to kill them. Metaphorically, of course.

Now, T.O., I don't mind him getting a little taunting sent his way after a dropped pass. He certainly brings that on himself. I just like the fact that Taylor isn't laying back for fear of "getting the other guy going." Someone said that last night, that Taylor shouldn't say anything to T.O. because it'll just get him fired up. I say that's loser talk. Go toe to toe, and if you come up short, so be it, but don't back down from anyone.

chad101
12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
I could do without the trash talking after you were beat, and the only thing that saved you from embarrassment was the fact that the pass was poorly thrown.

I don't mind the trash talking after you have made a great play, but IMO you have nothing to talk about when luck had more to do with the outcome of the play then you yourself.

Correct and he luckily got away with not being flagged for yet another personal foul.

He will be a great one though, just needs a growing up period.

GolfFreak
12-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Taylor is going to be a great player - I hope he's better than Ed Reed or Ray Lewis, that would be awesome. I hope he keeps it up!

whistleandthumb
12-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Taylor was going to KILL Pinkston if he caught that ball, and I think Pinkston should be counting his lucky stars that he didn't. Sean can kill a man coming across the middle, and receivers are starting to take notice.

TheBigGame
12-13-2004, 01:01 PM
yea that was so funny, anybody know where i can find a video clip of that?

Taylor is a beast, he's showeed me a lot lately and my look towards him has taken a 180. after the first few games where you hardly heard his name on the field but only when he does things off, such as the dui, during then i thought he was just a wasted draft. but like i said 180 now cause of his skill and passion on the field. i never realized how truly good he was until now and he adds that much needed mean-ness to the team. Taylor is the f***in man!!

LATrueRedskin
12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
We need that attitude on the field when LA's not out there. He pumps up the rest of the defense and the fans as well. Recievers are becoming scared of him, and they are thinking twice.

LadyNRedskinsfan
12-13-2004, 01:58 PM
i think sean's attitude is rubbing off on the other players....like ryan clark for example. :D

http://www.image4u.org/johnnypunani/pinky3.gif

redskin_rich
12-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Lady, that would be a great "owned" pic.

TheBigGame
12-13-2004, 02:00 PM
i think sean's attitude is rubbing off on the other players....like ryan clark for example. :D

http://www.image4u.org/johnnypunani/pinky3.gif
thanks ladynred, ive looked for that everywhere. best clip ever of that pinkston punk. where did you find it?

LadyNRedskinsfan
12-13-2004, 02:21 PM
thanks ladynred, ive looked for that everywhere. best clip ever of that pinkston punk. where did you find it?
someone over at extreme at it in their sig. :D

here is the actual clip. http://sportsvideonews.com/eagles/pinkybailout.wmv

Kope65
12-13-2004, 02:28 PM
I love Taylor's attitude, but I love the way Lavar changes games (Carolina, Rams) I think we missed him more than we know this year.

Redskinmayhem
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Taylor intimidates people. He hits like a truck.

I loved how he was in Owens ear all night long. Nobody deserved it more than him :honor:

Nothing wrong with Taylor's attitude. I LOVE IT. We always have to deal with the Shockey's, Ray Lewis', and T.O.'s of the League. Now it's ST's turn. He'll make everyone fear the redskins secondary.

IMALILTEAPOT
12-13-2004, 02:59 PM
I was just about to post a thread like this....

I LOVVVEEEE the type of intensity our d plays with. after every dropped ball that TO had, sean, clark, and smoot were all up on him. i remember one time when TO dropped a pass on the side line, sean came to him and was like "whats wrong?" and had his hands out like my avatar. I think the best example of our character is on the TO fumble. THE NEXT TIME U SEE IT, LOOK AT THIS: When Pierce stripped the ball and got it, about 5 players just flew over there and was all over him, and the funny thing was, marcus washington was dancing while they were scrambling for the ball! I was cracking up! They all just started to dance and have fun. TO did one of his nervous laughs, but i could tell deep down he was pissed. Even though we lost this game, i hope we showed the world that we arent as bad as our record and we are still hungry for wins.

BIGSEF3
12-13-2004, 03:19 PM
when a receiver like pinkston takes his eyes off the ball to look at you, because he's afraid of what youre going to do to him, you know you are the man.

the announcers during the game said that fred smoot said he was the greatest NFL player he has ever known. holy crap! can you even imagine what the next few years will be like if taylor improves and we keep williams?!!

we could totally redefine what an NFL defense is.

Redskinmayhem
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Actually I think Taylor was behind Pinky and it was Ryan Clark ready to deliver the KO to Pinky. I could be wrong but that's what I saw. In all actuallity ST got burned on the play and Clark came at a perfect angle to dislodge the ball had he caught it.

IMALILTEAPOT
12-13-2004, 03:22 PM
clark was the one who intimidated him. but still i know what u mean. i hope he goes to the prp bowl. well actually, dawkins is gonna take his spot now probabaly

BIGSEF3
12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
clark was there too, but it didnt look to me like he was worried about clark. the announcers said he was looking at taylor. unfortunately, i was at my dads house watching the game and he didnt have DVR where i could rewind and see.

regardless, it seemed like ST was there on nearly every single play. i just cannot get over how frikkin huge this guy is.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
12-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Actually I think Taylor was behind Pinky and it was Ryan Clark ready to deliver the KO to Pinky. I could be wrong but that's what I saw. In all actuallity ST got burned on the play and Clark came at a perfect angle to dislodge the ball had he caught it.
You're right, but I guess Pinkston was looking for ST instead of clark. That is one of the few bad things that can happen when you look too much game film. :D

And yes, ST got burned on that one.

hail2skins
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Why did you start this thread when there is already one of Sean Taylor? Merging.

TexSkin
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
merged already ;)

hail2skins
12-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks Tex.

bgforever
12-13-2004, 03:45 PM
"With the top back..."

Rollout, Rollout!

can't stop that!

lay it on them D!!!!!!

IMALILTEAPOT
12-13-2004, 03:47 PM
sean is better than roy williams when he was a rookie. he is everything williams is hyped up to be except he covers better. he still has to get better in a couple things, but guys, HE IS JUST A ROOKIE!!!!!! :)

Jimreaper007
12-13-2004, 04:06 PM
I think Taylor's play will have a greater impact on every play unless lavar lines up as a defensive end....

BandWagon
12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Tom I agree. Attitude has been missing on this team for a very long time. It's been ripe with lazy, underachieving, overpaid veterens. Sean Taylor, Marcus Washington, among others are really demonstrating what this team needs. The players have to take these games. That's exactly how you need to beat Philly too....man handle them.

I'd also like to point out that Coles picked up that virus too...hopefully it'll be an epidemic during the offseason and we'll have a contender next season.

Mrs Sean Taylor
12-13-2004, 07:23 PM
To me theres nothing worng with Sean's Attitude, i mean look where he came from Miami University so most of them guys down there are cocky, Arrogant to me thats all good the more Sean play like that the more we'll see and hear of him but he did a wonderful job yesterday and his PT is improving and he's just a beast out there and thats what washington needs!!!! but good game washington y'all gotta bounce back if not get rid Gibbs just playing .........

guinness4health
12-13-2004, 08:38 PM

what are you kiddin' me....
lavar doesn't need to get into someone's face and taunt them...his hitting does the talking for him....he is a 250 pound human missile that launches itself at any moving target unforchunate enough to come near him with the ball...and to be honest the pleasure he takes from killing people is just plain disturbing....

bottomline both are studs and i worry they are taking years off of their careers based on their weakless play...
but i do not want them to stop man i love this defense

sdredskinsfan
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM

Actually, it was R. Clark who would have laid the wood on him.

sdredskinsfan
12-14-2004, 12:07 AM

I'm afraid that his immaturity and taunting and meanness on the field and overall attitude are inseparable. I think we'll just have to live with the occasional personal foul, the poor tackling technique (as he attempts to knock somebody out instead of just get him to the ground), etc.

War Hogg
12-14-2004, 12:20 AM
This is Football, a very violent sport! If you want to see a bunch of polite atheletes smiling and giving each other compliments then watch ballet or table tennis. I wouldnt care if Taylor cussed out someone different on every play....Lavar should take notes...and everyone else for that matter.

fourthandinches
12-14-2004, 02:39 AM
i asked wilbon on chat house about ST:
Blacksburg, Va.: Hey, Do you feel Sean Taylor can get the Defensive Rookie of the year? He's just so much fun to watch!

HokieSkin.

Michael Wilbon: My Goodness, Sean Taylor can hit. Goodness, the guy can play. Now, he's still learning the position at the pro level which is why he's out of position at times and gets taken advantage of, too. But he hits like Ronnie Lott and runs like Deion. Wow! I mean, this guy with LaVar Arrington...that's a wrecking crew, boys and girls...

joethefan
12-14-2004, 07:59 AM
yea that was so funny, anybody know where i can find a video clip of that?

Taylor is a beast, he's showeed me a lot lately and my look towards him has taken a 180. after the first few games where you hardly heard his name on the field but only when he does things off, such as the dui, during then i thought he was just a wasted draft. but like i said 180 now cause of his skill and passion on the field. i never realized how truly good he was until now and he adds that much needed mean-ness to the team. Taylor is the f***in man!!

Love that play on your page!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimreaper007
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM
I like Taylor's athletic arrogance, but he needs to take a page from his former classmate Ed Reed and turn that athletic arrogance into student of the game and team arrogance.

Since the U normally churns out great NFL players, we expect to see the athletic arrogance that comes with well earned reputation, but in order for Sean Taylor to make that fit into a Joe Gibbs team he has to get away from the "I" and use his abilities to help make everyone around him better.

Taylor is already one of the best safeties in the league but imagine how great he will be when he actually devotes himself to studying film with his teammates and helping them to get better.

That Skins secondary will be even better than it already is...

hail2skins
12-14-2004, 08:35 AM
It was nice seeing that Pinky play on the Jacked Up session on ESPN last night. The guys had some fun with that one.