PDA

View Full Version : WILL we make the playoffs?

IndianBaller27
12-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Simple question. Don't go over everything and all that... We know the details from the other threads about it. Just say yes or no. Will we make the playoffs?

IowaSkinsFan
12-21-2004, 01:55 PM
No. 7-9 teams don't go, or deserve to, the playoffs.

suppitty
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
My redskins glass (don't think i don't have one), is half full for the first time since week 3.

smoak
12-21-2004, 02:00 PM

This is a different team that the one that had a four game losing streak early in the year. Maybe not vastly differnet, but we're as any 5-9 or 6-8 team out there right now. I understand your POV, but if we (or any 7-9 team) got hot and won the SB then they deserve it! Kudos to them for pulling it together.

Spence
12-21-2004, 02:02 PM
I voted no. That Maybe So option should be stricken, though. Come on, take a stand, people. It's not like you're going to be fined for incorrect answers.

[That new feature of hailRedskins.com will not come online until 2005.]

IowaSkinsFan
12-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I voted no. That Maybe So option should be stricken, though. Come on, take a stand, people. It's not like you're going to be fined for incorrect answers.

Got to pay the bills somehow, eh?

No taxation without representation.

smoak
12-21-2004, 02:17 PM

I voted maybe simply because we don't control our own destiny. I think we will win out and it'll be sad if we lose on a tie breaker... So it wasn't really a wishy washy thing on my part.

guinness4health
12-21-2004, 02:24 PM
i think we make and if we get on a roll i can easily see us making the NFC championship game... the DEFENSE is legit and it can shutdown anyone

Spence
12-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Got to pay the bills somehow, eh?Exactly. Running a busy website can be expensive. And I won't even go into the bills we get for alcohol consumption at Kenny & Mike's weekly tailgate parties.

IowaSkinsFan
12-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Exactly. Running a busy website can be expensive. And I won't even go into the bills we get for alcohol consumption at Kenny & Mike's weekly tailgate parties.

Hey, that's a non-associated expense and I don't think hR taxpayers should have to foot the bill for that.........unless I was there to help with the consumption.

Spence
12-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey, that's a non-associated expense and I don't think hR taxpayers should have to foot the bill for that.........unless I was there to help with the consumption.Then show up for the next one and we can send you part of the bill in good conscience.

IowaSkinsFan
12-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Then show up for the next one and we can send you part of the bill in good conscience.

I'll pick up Minnesota Mike and we'll be there. I'll bring a good cigar for Mr. Dorsey too.

silverspring
12-21-2004, 02:38 PM
lets win 2 in a row first

IMALILTEAPOT
12-21-2004, 02:56 PM
no, but i'll be happy by just beating dallas and them having a worse record than us

Ramsey2Moss
12-21-2004, 02:58 PM
I voted maybe simply because we don't control our own destiny. I think we will win out and it'll be sad if we lose on a tie breaker... So it wasn't really a wishy washy thing on my part.
I voted the same for the same reasons.

sknz2856
12-21-2004, 02:59 PM
No....too many scenarios out of our control.

BigJoe
12-21-2004, 03:11 PM
We are totally going to the playoffs. I mean, we beat the class of the NFC: the 49ers! We killed those guys!

GibbsRules!
12-21-2004, 03:25 PM
We are totally going to the playoffs. I mean, we beat the class of the NFC: the 49ers! We killed those guys!
Must be an Eagle fan...

Redskinmayhem
12-21-2004, 03:26 PM
I voted yes because I am going to singlehandedly will us into the playoffs. Don't believe me? Watch....

:dalassuk:

BigJoe
12-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Must be an Eagle fan...

Well, I do prefer the Eagles to the SKins, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a fan. Nope, my heart and soul lies elsewhere.

GibbsRules!
12-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Well, I do prefer the Eagles to the SKins, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a fan. Nope, my heart and soul lies elsewhere.
So...come on out of the closet and represent then...

IMALILTEAPOT
12-21-2004, 03:33 PM
bandwagon alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GibbsRules!
12-21-2004, 03:35 PM
bandwagon alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think his avatar implies that he crapped his pants coz Joe Gibbs came back, I understand BigJoe...you aren't the only fan who feels this way...hard to accept the inevitable

flave1969
12-21-2004, 04:00 PM
No....too many scenarios out of our control.

Exactly

GolfFreak
12-21-2004, 04:05 PM
I voted yes since I want to stay positive.

IowaSkinsFan
12-21-2004, 04:15 PM

Okay Joe, no more veiled references. Who is your team?

Minnesota Mike
12-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I'll pick up Minnesota Mike and we'll be there. I'll bring a good cigar for Mr. Dorsey too.

Sweet, I promise I'll drink my share!

LATrueRedskin
12-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Yes. The bad luck we've been getting all year long finally goes our way, and we get in. Although there's a long list in order for us to get to the playoffs, all the games can definately go our way. I have no doubt in my mind that we can win out. Dallas is not a good team, and the Vikings will fall flat for yet another year. It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

LadyNRedskinsfan
12-21-2004, 04:39 PM
nope, i wont do it. i wont answer this question because i dont want to jinx the team....

IMALILTEAPOT
12-21-2004, 04:41 PM
if we dont make it to the playoffs, i at least want to knock out somebody's dream of going to the playoffs. VIKINGS!

TexSkin
12-21-2004, 04:47 PM
I voted no...I just dont wanna even get the slighest of hopes up.

funnyperson1
12-21-2004, 04:54 PM
No we will not make the playoffs. Fact is that in order to make the playoffs this year not only do we have to win, but we have to have a great deal of luck. In the 12+ years that I have been a fan of this team, both have been very hard to come by, especially the latter.

In 1997 we went 9-7 but the NFC was too strong, and we missed out on a playoff spot. In 1998 we went 10-6 and won our first playoff game. We might have gotten to the NFC championship, but we lost to the Buccaneers on a BOTCHED SNAP. In 1999 we went 8-7-1 and while the record wasn't that good, we missed out on the playoffs because of a horrible call in the end zone in a Jets-Lions game that helped start debate about instant replay.

Sorry, but you will be dissapointed if you think we make the playoffs this year, you are fooling yourself.

IMALILTEAPOT
12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
No we will not make the playoffs. Fact is that in order to make the playoffs this year not only do we have to win, but we have to have a great deal of luck. In the 12+ years that I have been a fan of this team, both have been very hard to come by, especially the latter.

In 1997 we went 9-7 but the NFC was too strong, and we missed out on a playoff spot. In 1998 we went 10-6 and won our first playoff game. We might have gotten to the NFC championship, but we lost to the Buccaneers on a BOTCHED SNAP. In 1999 we went 8-7-1 and while the record wasn't that good, we missed out on the playoffs because of a horrible call in the end zone in a Jets-Lions game that helped start debate about instant replay.

Sorry, but you will be dissapointed if you think we make the playoffs this year, you are fooling yourself.
u got the years messed up. in 99 we went to the playoffs. but i see what u mean. geez, when u look at our seasons each year, we havent been a HORRIBLE team like the media has been saying, but not good enough to get to the playoffs. thats probably why last year was so painful. but oh well, we got sean taylor because of it!

thickskin
12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
skins over chargers

Skins57
12-21-2004, 09:19 PM

:D:D

mexskins
12-21-2004, 09:32 PM
We will not make the playoffs this year. A lot of things must happen in order to do so.

If our offense continues to develop and do finish up strong, I will be more than satisfied.

Hail from Mexico !!!

skins111111
12-21-2004, 09:38 PM
voted maybe so.........if not I woulda voted yes........there is hope and I'm a born optimist...........there is no doubt in my mind that we will win out.....the Giants will lose and the Rams will loose to Philly..........NO and Car. play each other in wk 17 so there's 1 more loss.....but there is a chance that the winner there would have won in week 16 even though TB has been tough at home lately and Vick should take out cousin Brooks. It will all come down to week 17.

bgforever
12-21-2004, 10:10 PM
No. If we do, good, but I prefer, aint' no doubt about it way.

tbfoster1
12-21-2004, 10:14 PM
i voted maybe so, i'm sure we can win out and that just leaves it up to the teams we need to win or lose to get in. the scenario isn't that far fetched. i have a very high anticipation for this weekend of football, the dallas game would be enough to have me going crazy this week but now there are some many other factors in other games. i want to skip xmas alltogether and get to sunday.

bgforever
12-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Did you know:

Only four teams have .500 or better after the division leaders for Conference records:

Washington, Minnesota, St. Louis, and Carolina. Remember when JG sent a message in the preseason game against Carolina?

If he wanted to rush into getting a winner, we'd have one, but at what expense? 1 yr and then fold? The wait is worth it to run off a string of great years, instead snap, crackle and pop!

Stay tuned, this aint over till it's over, cause, We PLAY Minnesota last! We can hang one on them!

Meant to add that also the Skins make this happen each time they play at least 75% to their potential. They haven't hit 100% yet, and with all the negatives, they are still in it. Unfrickin' believable!

colkurtz
12-21-2004, 10:40 PM
I say no, simply because too many interconnected things have to go right for us to get a playoff spot.

Of even more concern is beating Dallas. They have pretty much owned us for years. Even though Dallas is on the downward slope now, it won't be an easy game. We're just not that dominant yet.

Let's beat Dallas: beat Minnesota and spoil their playoof chances --- then call it a 'decent' returning season for Joe Gibbs. Not a great return, not a good return - just decent. After so long away from the game - perhaps that's all we should have expected.

lakeskin
12-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Remeber Redskins. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things;and no good thing ever dies.

BSMKF
12-22-2004, 04:42 AM
i think we make and if we get on a roll i can easily see us making the NFC championship game... the DEFENSE is legit and it can shutdown anyone
Totally agreee. If we do make playoffs remember offense wins games but defense wins championchips. Who would have best D in playoffs ? = our SKINS !!!

Patrick
12-22-2004, 06:07 AM
NO ......... Why (you ask).... Because it requires LUCK and we haven't had any this year!

CamLwalk
12-22-2004, 06:23 AM
I think we gotta focus on Dallas right now. They've been kicking our ass for the last few seasons and all this playoff talk hinges on us winning a road game against a team that's owned us.

Redskinmayhem
12-22-2004, 06:47 AM
I think we gotta focus on Dallas right now. They've been kicking our ass for the last few seasons and all this playoff talk hinges on us winning a road game against a team that's owned us.

good point, we gotta destroy dallas!

NamVet4
12-22-2004, 07:32 AM
NO ......... Why (you ask).... Because it requires LUCK and we haven't had any this year!
Brother Patrick, as usual, has hit the proverbial nail on the head !!!!
Luck and this team share nothing in common!

REDMAN
12-22-2004, 08:27 AM
no

Spearfeather
12-22-2004, 08:27 AM
I put our chances right at 50/50 right now.

smoak
12-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Back in the day when we needed a big win, we just went and took it. beating dallass in dallass (whether or not we go to the playoffs) would really do wonders for this team next season.

IVSkinsFan
12-22-2004, 11:37 AM
We just need to worry about dallas and Minnie. The Redskins do not control the other teams, we just have to wait and see. I voted maybe, because anything can happen. Case in point, miami beat new england monday night.

smoak
12-22-2004, 01:01 PM
We just need to worry about dallas and Minnie. The Redskins do not control the other teams, we just have to wait and see. I voted maybe, because anything can happen. Case in point, miami beat new england monday night.

I agree but as a fan if the 1:00 games go well, I will be in in a sports bar to run around and cheer for the various 4:00 games!!! It is going to be fun!

badpigs442
12-22-2004, 05:53 PM

7-9 teams don't have the #2 defense either. Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

IMALILTEAPOT
12-22-2004, 07:33 PM
no we arent gonna go. and i dont care, as long as we beat dallas, i will leave this season with a good feeling going on to next year

JakeIron
12-22-2004, 09:11 PM
I certainly hope we could get in but I strongly doubt it , so I said no. Wild Card teams will finish 8-8 this year.

badpigs442
12-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I certainly hope we could get in but I strongly doubt it , so I said no. Wild Card teams will finish 8-8 this year.

Do you think Carolina can beat The Bucs at the Ship? Do you think NO can take the Falcs? Do you think Stl. can beat Philli? Washington has the best conference record when at least one of the these teams goes 7-9 by default(baring a tie), or 6-10 in Stl. case. When we beat Dallas and take care of Minni. the the #6 seed will go to the Redskins.

JakeIron
12-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Do you think Carolina can beat The Bucs at the Ship? Do you think NO can take the Falcs? Do you think Stl. can beat Philli? Washington has the best conference record when at least one of the these teams goes 7-9 by default(baring a tie), or 6-10 in Stl. case. When we beat Dallas and take care of Minni. the the #6 seed will go to the Redskins.

I thought all of them have to finish 7-9, since vikings & packers are guaranteed a 8-8 season. Stl. might be able to beat philly and NO can definately beat "Vickless" falcons. I still hope we control our playoff hopes in the season finale vs. Vikings.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
12-23-2004, 12:40 AM
I want to think we won't make it.... but hopefully we will. That way I dont get myself into false hopes. I said no.

JoeDaSchmoe
12-23-2004, 09:33 AM
I put our chances right at 50/50 right now.

Rod Gardner agrees with you.

dj_stouty
12-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Rod Gardner agrees with you.

Actually...if Gardner agreed with him, we would have a 78% chance! (See Signature) I'll take that anyday...

IMALILTEAPOT
12-23-2004, 05:27 PM
the players dont even think we have a shot at the playoffs. all except lavar, he always thinks playoffs. hes amazing

Minnesota Mike
12-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I hope so. But I voted no. Just too many things have to fall just right.