PDA

View Full Version : Political Inclinations of Military Recruits

Jimreaper007
01-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Oh well....I am sure the GOP will enjoy the evening At the Inaugural Balls etc. I was thinking of going in Uniform and signing up folks for the War. I mean you gotta figure I will get tons of names considering the audience right? They have to be just itching to show their patriotism right?

:D

Spence
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Jim, that was easily the best part of F911. When Moore urges Republican members of Congress to sign their kids up for the war, the looks on their faces as they flee as quickly as possible was worth the price of admission.

"What? Fight? My family? You must be joking. Gotta go!"

Jimreaper007
01-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Jim, that was easily the best part of F911. When Moore urges Republican members of Congress to sign their kids up for the war, the looks on their faces as they flee as quickly as possible was worth the price of admission.

"What? Fight? My family? You must be joking. Gotta go!"

If the military is short on bodies (which it is) I can only come to one conclusion...

Courage to stand by one's convictions is severely lacking from the people who voted for four more years of Bush. If it is not then simply march down to the recruiting office and support your president or better yet send your 18 yo kid down there.

Considering he won re-election by such a wide margin, I cannot fathom why all these War supporters have not filled up the recruiting stations yet or sent their kids down.

They had plenty of courage on November 2. What's wrong now?

RedskinsDave
01-19-2005, 12:19 PM
How do you know they aren't Jim?

Jimreaper007
01-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Because I was a recruiter dave and I have friends who are recruiters now and they are telling me the numbers aren't adding up.

What they are recruiting is not enough to keep up with what they are losing. They are only reason they are maintaining their current numbers is due to stop loss. The reserves are a lost cause becuase the retention rate is less than 15% right now

Only a matter of time before a draft....unless all those Bush supporters step up to the plate.

Unless of course this is the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time for all of you?

RedskinsDave
01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
When were you a recruiter? Was it in the last year? Maybe the drop in numbers is due to liberals kids not signing up. Do your recruiter friends take surveys on the political affiliations of the kids signing up? Ironically, I would be willing to bet that those who are signing up certainly support the president. Of course, like you, I have no way to prove who is and who is not signing up.

Jimreaper007
01-19-2005, 12:42 PM
When were you a recruiter? Was it in the last year? Maybe the drop in numbers is due to liberals kids not signing up. Do your recruiter friends take surveys on the political affiliations of the kids signing up? Ironically, I would be willing to bet that those who are signing up certainly support the president. Of course, like you, I have no way to prove who is and who is not signing up.

My friends only tell me what they see and what they hear from recruiting command. Since they work for recruiting command I would consider them as good a source as one could get.

Without politics they are saying their are not enough bodies to support the current missions.

Since GW won the election by such an overwhelming majority I cannot see how the Military is running short on bodies....Can you?

RedskinsDave
01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
So you're saying they don't have numbers that can tell me the voting practices of each of the enlistees parents?

Spence
01-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I think Jim is thinking about certain warhawks in particular. People who are so gung-ho, but don't ever seem to get near a field of battle. [Like Bush himself during Vietnam, perhaps.] Clearly, no one can do more than guess at the political inclinations of military recruits. The fact is, most of them are barely more than kids. Ask the average 18-year-old what his or her politics are and in most cases you'll get a blank stare. For most of the new military recruits, I suspect, their politics are formed little beyond a fierce patriotism and a vague desire to serve America. Of course, that's also just a guess.

Jimreaper007
01-19-2005, 01:15 PM
So you're saying they don't have numbers that can tell me the voting practices of each of the enlistees parents?

If they are old enough to vote/join...then they are old enough to have their own opinion.

If you are old enough to vote and you voted for Bush then your next stop should be to a recruiting station to see if any help is needed in the war effort that you also supported when you voted..

In most circles it is called courage to stick by your convictions.

Spence
01-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I split these posts off from my thread about the general crappiness of the inaugural "entertainers." The subject matter is just too different from the original discussion.

Chief Seeway
01-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Going off topic for a minute...

Because I was a recruiter dave

Jim, how long have been in the military?

GibbsRules!
01-19-2005, 05:09 PM
I don't recall my recruiter asking me one way or another...and when I worked at the Recruiting District in Michigan I don't recall any of them asking any of their recruits.

Jimreaper007
01-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Going off topic for a minute...

Jim, how long have been in the military?

16 years (9 active, 7 reserve)

Axegrinder
01-19-2005, 05:28 PM
I agree with the statement that most of the young folks who are pro Bush[or war],aren't getting anywhere near a recruiting office.
Down here in the Norfolk area,people talk a good game. :rolleyes:

On the other hand,if you go out into the country a little bit[Wakefield,Smithfield,South Hampton Co....]those with their patriotic ferver are more likely to sign up.As a matter of fact,we lost one Marine from Wakefield this week.[Rest In Peace].

If the draft does indeed come back,some young folks are in for a hell of a reality check.

Jimreaper007
01-20-2005, 06:54 AM
The young should not be the only ones paying for this gross error in Judgement.

NamVet4
01-20-2005, 07:15 AM
"Draftees are not allowed to have political opinions!!!!!!

Senior Drill Sergeant Juan, Pedro, Jose Santana Maria Smith – Fort Sill Oklahoma – May he rest in Peace

That will certainly solve the problem, soothe the conscience of the "Party Boys" and generally solve the surplus population problem.

“Where have all the young men gone, gone to graveyards everyone . . .
When will we ever learn . . .”

Jimreaper007
01-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Stay tuned....