PDA

View Full Version : This Man paid the tab for President Bush . . .

NamVet4
01-28-2005, 08:49 AM
On campaign trail, a single shot
Before sniper struck, platoon leader was encouraging Iraqis to vote
If you served, anywhere, anytime you will understand. . . If you were fortunate enough not to serve, but care enough . . read this . . .
President Bush - This hero paid for your "political capital" . . . The price was his life . . . Would you be so willing to accept a comparable risk?
The inherent danger of the mission was driven home at 3:30 p.m. A single shot rang out, and 1st Lt. Nainoa K. Hoe, 27, the popular leader of the 2nd Platoon, C Company, 3rd Battalion of the 21st Infantry Regiment, fell dead in the street. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6878146/)

guinness4health
01-28-2005, 09:40 AM
it is sad,
i really question the presidents grasp on the sacrifice that is being made each and everyday by our soliders and those fighting with them.

Jimreaper007
01-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Bush wants to sew the seeds of democracy and hope that a free and democratic Iraq will emerge. I can see what he envisions and I certainly hope that he is right in the long run, but everyone without the rose colored sunshades on cannot see this playing out how Bush envisions.

What started out as a war for WMD's has quickly deteriorated into a brutal occupation of attrition and a civil war in the waiting. Our president is gambling with the lives of an entire generation of young men and women hoping that Iraq will become a free nation with democratic ideals.

For those of you keeping score at home.....

1. The capture of Saddam (Plus 20 Bush)
2. The death of Saddam's sons (Plus 10 Bush)
3. No WMD's (Minus 25 Bush) - lost credibility on the world stage.
4. Bring it on! Comment (minus 5 Bush)
5. Aircraft Carrier end of hostilities comment (minus 5 Bush) -
6. Over 1000 dead servicemembers (minus 25 bush)
7. Over 10,000 Servicemember wounded (minus 15 Bush) - esp when he cuts VA funding these Vets will need.
8. Over 15,000 Iraq Civilians killed "liberating" them (minus 20 Bush)
9. Creating more terrorists and making the world less safe (minus 50 Bush)
10. America has not been attacked in the US since the Anthrax letters (plus 50 Bush)
11. No Osama - (Minus 100 Bush)
12. Giving Afghanistan to the Opium dealers (minus 20 Bush)
13. Cannot find the Anthrax Letter criminals/terrorists (minus 25 Bush)
14. Not being able to ensure secure elections after $87 Billion is spent (minus 35 Bush)

Spence
01-28-2005, 11:47 AM
A terrible tragedy for the U.S., the soldier, and his friends and family. These stories are so depressing to read, but I don't think it is correct to turn away. My father has to force himself to watch the silent telecast of faces of dead U.S. soldiers that airs at the end of The NewsHour on PBS. It breaks his 73-year-old heart to see all those dead 20-year-olds.

Let us hope this election goes well so that all those deaths will not have been in vain.

higgybaby
01-28-2005, 07:20 PM
A terrible tragedy for the U.S., the soldier, and his friends and family. These stories are so depressing to read, but I don't think it is correct to turn away. My father has to force himself to watch the silent telecast of faces of dead U.S. soldiers that airs at the end of The NewsHour on PBS. It breaks his 73-year-old heart to see all those dead 20-year-olds.

Let us hope this election goes well so that all those deaths will not have been in vain.

amen

Axegrinder
01-28-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm with you Spence.
As much as I'd like old Dubya to have everything associated with Iraq to blow up in his face[politically],I wouldn't and don't wish for anything bad to happen to our boys/girls serving over there.I hope everything goes off smooth and our folks remain safe.Godspeed everyone!

Skins57
01-28-2005, 09:08 PM
I have and will always support our young men and women that are fighting for our country, just don't support thier leadership
May god be with our troops each and every day they are in harms way

Jimreaper007
01-29-2005, 05:47 AM
Democracies always come with blood shed at birth. I truly hope that the Iraqi people are not being forced into this because it will have truly been in vain if they did.

Beast56Redskin
01-31-2005, 07:06 PM
my mother, the raving liberal that she is, has been saying for the past two years that history will look down badly on the terms of George W Bush and i agree with her...

Axegrinder
01-31-2005, 07:09 PM
my mother, the raving liberal that she is, has been saying for the past two years that history will look down badly on the terms of George W Bush and i agree with her...
Me too!