PDA

View Full Version : espn news ty law released

tbfoster1
02-25-2005, 03:03 PM
don't have a link but saw it on tv

IMALILTEAPOT
02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
whoa whoa whoa whoa thats crazy, does ne one think if smoot goes we can get him? he might cost a lot

GolfFreak
02-25-2005, 03:05 PM
How old is Ty? I still say let Harris take over. If we are going to spend big money on another CB then give it to Smoot.

tbfoster1
02-25-2005, 03:06 PM
with law out there now, teams will probably be looking at him before smoot, so smoot won't get the money he wants..........hopefully

CNYSkinFan
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
2 interesting releases today at CB. Ty Law from the Patriots and Chad Scott from the Steelers. Both are older but Law was awesome last year, hurt most of the year this year. Chad Scott was good in 2001 but lost his job this year after a quad injury.

Any takers on either of these guys? I personally still rather go with Lucas from Seattle.

smoak
02-25-2005, 03:09 PM
No way on Law. He wants to get paid and complains all the time.

Not really interested in Scott either except at veteran minimum.

joethefan
02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
2 interesting releases today at CB. Ty Law from the Patriots and Chad Scott from the Steelers. Both are older but Law was awesome last year, hurt most of the year this year. Chad Scott was good in 2001 but lost his job this year after a quad injury.

Any takers on either of these guys? I personally still rather go with Lucas from Seattle.

Everyone knows that LAw is too expensive....don't know much about lucas but he sounds like the logical candidate.....

Ramsey2Moss
We have no money after this trade.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
I'm sticking with Lucas for now. Law would be awesome, but too expensive.

MAATOPDOGG
02-25-2005, 03:21 PM
I can see us exploring Ty law. Probably the best out there now as far as FA corner. It all depends on the feeling they get from his agents the Postons and his asking price.

RedskinsDave
02-25-2005, 03:25 PM
He just turned 31. If the money is equal keep Smoot.

candeeman
02-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I am hoping that smoot will find out that the skins offer was fair and return to the B&G. I hope he stays but only at a reasonable price. No for anyone over 30 unless it is cheap!

Santheb
02-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I can see us exploring Ty law. Probably the best out there now as far as FA corner. It all depends on the feeling they get from his agents the Postons and his asking price.

Automatic no.

smoak
02-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I hope Smoot comes back for less than the $10M SB. That was more than fair.

Redskinmayhem
02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
We have no money after this trade.

time to raise ticket prices again :rolleyes:

Skinsfan1906
02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Law: Love to have him, but he will be too expensive.

Scott: Well, he is a 'local' product (playing his college ball at Towson State and U of Maryland). Having said that, you might want to check the data base for hospital intensive care units, because he is a burn victim. :rolleyes: Well, maybe a different 'system' might fit him better, but to put him one on one (on an Island) and expect the coverage to hold up is a bit much imo.

smoak
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM

Scott: Well, he is a 'local' product (playing his college ball at Towson State and U of Maryland). Having said that, you might want to check the data base for hospital intensive care units, because he is a burn victim. :rolleyes: Well, maybe a different 'system' might fit him better, but to put him one on one (on an Island) and expect the coverage to hold up is a bit much imo.

I agree on Scott. I was thinking he'd could be training camp fodder to compete for the 3rd or 4th CB spot or be released.

Redskinmayhem
02-25-2005, 03:35 PM
I agree on Scott. I was thinking he'd could be training camp fodder to compete for the 3rd or 4th CB spot or be released.

Dayum we're a harsh bunch. Scott was a starter last year right? And we're calling him "training camp fodder"!!! LOL!!!! Not that I disagree or anything.
:lol1:

LATrueRedskin
02-25-2005, 03:40 PM
No to old guys. We don't need to get older. Law was injured majorly last year and so was Scott.

Keino
02-25-2005, 03:41 PM

With Ty Law in the Market, I Cannot forsee Smoot getting anythign close to his asking price......

CNYSkinFan
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
With Ty Law in the Market, I Cannot forsee Smoot getting anythign close to his asking price......

Excellent point. If you are going to overpay wouldn't you want to overpay for someone with 3 rings?

D-Ruck #8
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Lucas all the way still....any word on him resigning with Seattle?

CNYSkinFan
02-25-2005, 03:45 PM

I didn't realize the postons were his agents. I don't care if Jesus Christ was a free agent, if he signed with the postons I would automatically pass.

Keino
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Excellent point. If you are going to overpay wouldn't you want to overpay for someone with 3 rings?

And multiple Pro-bowls and one who is generally reagrded as top 5 at his position......

danny's stogie
02-25-2005, 03:54 PM
any chance that Law on the market lowers the demand for Smoot? With Law and Rolle cut, and Woodson available for trade there are some pretty good CBs to be had.

Jimreaper007
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Let Smoot go, leave Law alone and promote Wilds over Harris. Harris will be exposed early and often.

LadyNRedskinsfan
02-25-2005, 04:06 PM

lol, i agree on both players.

i can see law in kansas city.....

MoeRedskins
02-25-2005, 04:15 PM
screw both of them, with them out in the market this only helps us to be able to resign smoot. Now teams will battle for a top 5 corner, possible two with Rolle, the guy from pittsburgh, whoever he is, or Smoot. Compared to the rest, Smoot is young and up and coming, but still won't get the recognition. But all big bidders will buy out during first run of CBs. At least that is what I hope.

skins111111
02-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Springs will be 31 this year I believe, if Smoot goes we will be forced to use our 1st round pick on Pac-Man or Antrel Rolle to build for the future

CNYSkinFan
02-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Springs will be 31 this year I believe, if Smoot goes we will be forced to use our 1st round pick on Pac-Man or Antrel Rolle to build for the future

Neither will be around by #9.

guinness4health
02-25-2005, 04:34 PM
the great thing about law getting cut is it increases the chance that smoot will not be offered what he is asking for, so maybe just maybe he might be back

guinness4health
02-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Neither will be around by #9.

one will be available at 9 for sure (pacman or rolle that is)

smoak
02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
I didn't realize the postons were his agents. I don't care if Jesus Christ was a free agent, if he signed with the postons I would automatically pass.

Can you imagine the SB they'd want!!!?

MoeRedskins
02-25-2005, 04:37 PM
one will be available at 9 for sure (pacman or rolle that is)

acutally not necessarly, you see with Minnesota moving up to number 7, they could possible take one of them if they don't go with a WR, so they kind of mess things up a little.

CNYSkinFan
02-25-2005, 04:53 PM
acutally not necessarly, you see with Minnesota moving up to number 7, they could possible take one of them if they don't go with a WR, so they kind of mess things up a little.

CB and C I would not want a rookie starting (Although I still would draft a rookie at both and let them worktheir way in espescially at C).

PyroGenic
02-25-2005, 05:17 PM
i say we stick with what we got now, in house talent. This trade for Moss is gonna make us have very little cash and we need that to give MW a nice contract :)

tuckahoeskin
02-25-2005, 05:27 PM
ESPN just reported that Ty Law has been released. Any thoughts of him boarding Redskin One next week?

LATrueRedskin
02-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Nope. None at all. There's already a thread on this.

CarMike
02-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Merged.

Please be sure to check around before posting new threads.

thanks, and welcome to hR

PyroGenic
02-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Let Smoot go, leave Law alone and promote Wilds over Harris. Harris will be exposed early and often.

and wilds won't?

whitskins
02-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Ty Law is a bonehead with a busted foot who was replaced by a WR and a dude who was taking classes at University of Pitt three months ago. Let's plug in our own guys if we have to and not make any more big splashes on guys like Law.

Jimreaper007
02-25-2005, 05:37 PM
and wilds won't?

Wilds is much better in the long run. Offensive Coordinators have film on Harris and they know he has holes in his game.

Wilds has the athletic ability, size and the attitude to be a good corner. At least Wilds will be getting better. Harris is as good as he is going to get which is not saying much.

ImmortalDragon
02-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Ty Law isn't bad but he'll ask for a lot of money. Chad Scott is too slow and old.

DUCKIN_TACKLERS
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I would pass on both why give out another contract. I really think Hariss did a good job and was cheap. maybe we make a play for lucas or someone if they come cheap but FA is a bidding war and you always overpay I cant think of 5 situations where someone didnt overpay in FA. in fact i can only think of 3 that i would consider great pick ups. Griffin, Springs, Washington.

COUNCILMAN
02-25-2005, 09:11 PM
If the truth be known.the problem lies NOT with our corners....its with our pass rush. Ty Law would get beat here in Washington because we have no pass rush. All his safety help would be forced to blitz.

We need a pass rush and thats why I advocate for the 100th time that we draft a defensive end when we get to pick #9. Garnell Wilds and Ade Jimoh will be very good corners for Williams this year.

DUCKIN_TACKLERS
02-25-2005, 09:13 PM
If the truth be known.the problem lies NOT with our corners....its with our pass rush. Ty Law would get beat here in Washington because we have no pass rush. All his safety help would be forced to blitz.

We need a pass rush and thats why I advocate for the 100th time that we draft a defensive end when we get to pick #9. Garnell Wilds and Ade Jimoh will be very good corners for Williams this year.
Harris starts before both. no one is even fooled that d line is a need when our offense is in shambles right now..maybe after FA but now come on even you dont believe that garbage.

sniksog
02-25-2005, 10:52 PM
whoa whoa whoa whoa thats crazy, does ne one think if smoot goes we can get him? he might cost a lot

He will cost a lot. His agent[s] are the Postons, so they'll probably be asking for some absurd contract, probably more than smoot.

JoeDaSchmoe
02-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Wilds is much better in the long run. Offensive Coordinators have film on Harris and they know he has holes in his game.

Wilds has the athletic ability, size and the attitude to be a good corner. At least Wilds will be getting better. Harris is as good as he is going to get which is not saying much.

Gotta agree for the most part. I don't think Wilds would necessarily be starting in the beginning of the season, but a switch might happen before the end of the year.

SeanTaylorLover
02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
I see that the patriots cut Ty Law, which intrigues me. Yes he is comming off of a foot injury and a substandard year but hes still a very good vetran corner who could be the random but big Danny signing of this offseason(not including whatever comes from the coles situationj). Even if we only bring him on for a year or two, we can draft pac man jones early or some other Gibbs/Cerrato diamond-in-the-rough type corner in the later rounds and have Law groom him into as Springs counter part. Not saying it will happen, but i think it could be real good if it did.

Redskin006
02-26-2005, 02:09 AM
Too old, too much money, same old story. Let's not go there.

PyroGenic
02-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Gotta agree for the most part. I don't think Wilds would necessarily be starting in the beginning of the season, but a switch might happen before the end of the year.

yeah, i wouldnt be throwing him in the starting line up but if he proves himself then sure.

PyroGenic
02-26-2005, 02:56 AM
i think there's a thread on this in the All-NFL forum... his agents are the postons... no thanks.

CarMike
02-26-2005, 06:52 AM
3rd thread on this subject that i've had to merge.

Please check before you post what you consider "big news". A good chance that there's already a thread started. Especially if you're late with the news.

MERGED

RoanokeSkin
02-26-2005, 07:02 AM
No thanks on both of these guys. This organization doesnt need any more Deion Sanders style mistakes. If we were going to spend big money to get Law (which we cant afford), then why not just keep Smoot.

Swift
02-26-2005, 07:26 AM
This CB is so deep this year, Im glad we didn't overpay for winfield, vincent or taylor last offseason...

IowaSkinsFan
02-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Threads merged.

LadyNRedskinsfan
02-26-2005, 10:37 AM
dallas will make a serious run at ty law.......