PDA

View Full Version : Warner to cards

Shawnb555
03-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Kurt Warner one year deal with arizona

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

whitskins
03-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Decent signing I guess, Zona needs a long term answer at QB though.

PyroGenic
03-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Decent signing I guess, Zona needs a long term answer at QB though.

id still give the other guy a chance, they did a lot better with him than shaun king. Warner has been saying that he wanted a long term deal... i think his career is pretty much done. He's the quintessence of a flash in the pan.

PA Skins Girl
03-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Kurt Warner, the journeyman.

redskin_rich
03-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Typical Arizona signing.

Santheb
03-06-2005, 06:57 PM
One hell of a flash in the pan, though :P

Jimreaper007
03-06-2005, 07:01 PM
The cards are looking pretty good.

If they mess around and get a running back they are in business out west. It's not like the competition is real stiff out there.

Ramsey2Moss
03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
The cards are looking pretty good.

If they mess around and get a running back they are in business out west. It's not like the competition is real stiff out there.
Agreed. They've already shown they can beat the Rams, and the Seahawks? Chumps.

I'm getting a huge Cadillac Williams vibe from Arizona...or maybe Vernan Morency in the 2nd.

Jimreaper007
03-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Arizona is going to turn some heads next season. If they can muster up some defense to go with that potent offense they are in a weak enough division to so some serious damage.

Ramsey2Moss
03-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes I agree...let's just hope it's not against us.

Jimreaper007
03-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Do we play them this coming season?

redskin_rich
03-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Do we play them this coming season?
Yes, in Arizona. If you are worried about that one, then you must not think we will beat anybody.

Ramsey2Moss
03-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Yes, in Arizona. If you are worried about that one, then you must not think we will beat anybody.
Do I think we will win that one? Yes. But do I think it will be a gimmie? Certainly not. Same with the Raiders game. For some reason I see the Skins victorious in both games, but I just can't put my thumb on why I'm worried about those two.

redskin_rich
03-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Do I think we will win that one? Yes. But do I think it will be a gimmie? Certainly not. Same with the Raiders game. For some reason I see the Skins victorious in both games, but I just can't put my thumb on why I'm worried about those two.
I agree that there are no more gimmies in this era of parity but there are games that we should win if we are a decent team. That Raiders game is going to be interesting with the offense they are going to have, plus we have to go to KC and Denver. The bottom line is we have to at least split in our division. That has been our biggest weakness the last few years.

LATrueRedskin
03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm seriously worried about every game. We lost to the Browns this past year.

I don't see anything wrong with this. I've always thought Warner was a product of the Rams system. But the Cardinals are the Cardinals.

CarMike
03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
I guess i'm the only that first thought this was Ron Warner. lol

Glad it was the other warner.

Santheb
03-06-2005, 09:53 PM
No you weren't actually :P I thought it was, as well.

LadyNRedskinsfan
03-06-2005, 11:19 PM
i know they need a QB but $4M for warner?

i wonder if he is "extremely excited" about going to arizona, lol.....

Jimreaper007
03-07-2005, 06:40 AM

Nope I thought it was Ron Warner too...

:D

The Cardinals have a nice O-Line so the Cardinals are going to surprise a lot of people especially if they get a running back.

SkinsKY
03-07-2005, 07:45 AM

When it comes down to it, I worry about winning any game. I'd like to see us make a habit of winning and then I will feel more at ease.

NamVet4
03-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Cardinals are making the right moves . . . For the coming season, I will bring back my mantra from a few seasons ago, "Play for Home field advantage!"
That means we beat the NFC East - no if's, and's or butts! :). The rest of the schedule is tough and we will need a couple of those road games to help!

C-7
03-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Kurt Warner, the journeyman.

Kinda reminds you of Mark Rypen, doesn't it?

MoeRedskins
03-07-2005, 11:16 AM

i thought it was to, well I thought Green would go with his boy Brad Johnson, but one super bowl quarterback is as good as another I guess. All I know is that Kurt's wife would have to stay in NY if he came to Zona.