PDA

View Full Version : Portis is all Ball...classy guy

TerpSkins
03-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Check out this link. I'm really excited to see him play this year. Glad we got him.

Clinton Portis (http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6244)

PA Skins Girl
03-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I love CP. He is a complete back. I was so impressed with his blocking skills last year. I had no idea he would put his body out there like that. Great to hear that he is upbeat about the coming season.

GolfFreak
03-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Man oh man - just imagine if our passing game could "scare" teams away from stopping Portis, he'll gain huge yards next year. All comes back to the play of our QBs, we need to imporve on the passing attack.

joethefan
03-24-2005, 08:23 AM
I for one am looking forward to him having a breakout year..esp with the holes in the line being addressed.

joethefan
03-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Man oh man - just imagine if our passing game could "scare" teams away from stopping Portis, he'll gain huge yards next year. All comes back to the play of our QBs, we need to imporve on the passing attack.
Maybe you should share that Ashburn vibe with others..cause you're exactly right...

CNYSkinFan
03-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Cp is the man. I love that he was calling Coach during the off season. Many players just tune out and don't care. CP wants to win in DC. That is what Gibbs means by "core Redskin".

joethefan
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM
OH and Terps..Welcome to the site...great read and a great way to make us smile.... :lol1:

TerpSkins
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM
I know i'm real excited. At some points during last year I was scared he was becoming agitated at the mediocre o-line play. After I read this, I know he is going to be our back for years to come. I also think it helps that Gibbs has made it clear that they're going to pound the ball no matter what. Remember, that crap receiver we used to have. What was his name again...he had a toe problem. Oh yeah, Coles, lol. He was interviewed at the beg. of training camp last year, and he said something along the lines of..."what does it matter, we're going to run the ball either way." What a bum.

Run Clinton Run!!

TerpSkins
03-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Haha, thanks. I've been reading the material on here for awhile. Just decided a few days ago to sign up and join in the fun. This is a great site, and can't wait for the season.

joethefan
03-24-2005, 08:29 AM
I know i'm real excited. At some points during last year I was scared he was becoming agitated at the mediocre o-line play. After I read this, I know he is going to be our back for years to come. I also think it helps that Gibbs has made it clear that they're going to pound the ball no matter what. Remember, that crap receiver we used to have. What was his name again...he had a toe problem. Oh yeah, Coles, lol. He was interviewed at the beg. of training camp last year, and he said something along the lines of..."what does it matter, we're going to run the ball either way." What a bum.

Run Clinton Run!!

He was just Jealous Portis took his attention....way to go Portis, cause that way, we saw the true Toe-Verneus

SkinsTrumpet
03-24-2005, 08:32 AM
CP is the man. This gives me confidence that he believes in Gibby's system.

MoeRedskins
03-24-2005, 08:50 AM
I thought CP was losing faith in the offense to reading this just pumped me up. CP is a great team player and should do well with the offense being able to gel together next year. I mean, the guy rushed for 1300 yards with a 40+ year old as his left tackle.

joethefan
03-24-2005, 09:01 AM
. I mean, the guy rushed for 1300 yards with a 40+ year old as his left tackle.

Encouraging...

whitskins
03-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Portis = Stud. I'm having dreams of this guy slashing out of our backfield for years to come.

CrimsonTribe
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
What a great back. Thankfully he appreciates hard work and being patient. I can't wait to see him break 1700 this season.

skins4life24
03-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I love hearing that portis is taking a leadership role with the team . . . its good to see a player take some responsiblity even after getting paid boat loads of money . . . he is a classy guy and i can't wait to see it pay off this year

NamVet4
03-24-2005, 10:41 AM
And it wouldn't hurt to have a beefed up, healthy, O-Line!!!
That will make the difference this year. :)

And............... a :welcome: to TerpSkins....Glad you joined us !

LadyNRedskinsfan
03-24-2005, 02:59 PM
im so glad he knows what the problem was last season and now he can go perfect his running style. i expect a big year from CP.

theskins89
03-24-2005, 03:07 PM
he has got to break out this year. he just didnt produce like we wanted last year and we paid him all that money

inevitable
03-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Please don't feed the troll. I beg you.

All he wants is attention http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/smilies/attentionwhore.gif

The Skinsinator
03-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Good encouraging article. I think the additions of Rabach/Jansen will tremendously help CP. I look for him to get between 1500-1700 yds next season. I really like the speed we have on offense with getting Patten/Moss. Is there a faster set of starting receivers in the nfl than these two? I tend to doubt it.

RoanokeSkin
03-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I think Portis is going to have a hell of a season. With Musgrave contributing to the offense, I think he will see quite a few more catches out of the backfield as well. Not quite to the Brian Westbrook extreme, but definitely an increase from last season.

RedskinsVision
03-24-2005, 08:10 PM
I think Portis is going to have a hell of a season. With Musgrave contributing to the offense, I think he will see quite a few more catches out of the backfield as well. Not quite to the Brian Westbrook extreme, but definitely an increase from last season.

definitely.. he needs to catch around 50-60 balls in order to help free up our speedy WR's and Cooley. he's a dangerous 2 way threat and needs to be utilized so.

skinsfan36
03-24-2005, 09:51 PM
portis may rush for close to 2000 this year and his tds will go up.our offense will be much improved.

Slobberknocker
03-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Give me a break! Portis is a FANTASTIC back. I'm thrilled we've got him. Any negativity regarding our RB situation defies sanity. I'll take Portis/Betts sooner than Batman/Robin.

Can there possibly be a greater contrast with Coles than this quote?

Towards the end of last season, Portis grew impressed with a Redskins offense that kept battling and trying to improve after the early season struggles. The offense was more well-rounded in the final six games, particularly in wins over the New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers and the playoff-bound Minnesota Vikings.

"I actually do feel good about the direction this team is going," Portis said. "Offensively, I think we were coming together like our defense was at the beginning of the season. They had great intensity and we want to give the same kind of effort that they give."

AGibbsGirl
03-25-2005, 06:53 AM
When I read stuff like this it gets me excited, but what I'm reading, is that we have an offense that is pumped up by their defense!!! They either want to prove something to their "better" half or they want to make them proud...either way it's a win-win for the fans!!!