PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bird Told Me We Will Pick Merriman

hogs86
04-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I did a signing with a redskins player last weekend and i ask him who the redskins will pick in the draft .I do not want to say who the player is because he may not want me to talk about his business on the net.He told me he thinks Shawne Merriman will be our pick.He has the best upside out of any player in this years NFL draft.He even said he will be the next Julias Peppers.All i have to say is i did a signing with this same player last year and he picked Sean Taylor and he was correct.So i guess we will find out in 3 weeks.

joethefan
04-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I did a signing with a redskins player last weekend and i ask him who the redskins will pick in draft .I do not want to say who the player is because he may not want me to talk about his business on the net.He told me he thinks Shawne Merriman will be our pick.He has the best upside out of any player in this years NFL draft.He even said he will be the next Julias Peppers.All i have to say is i did a signing with this same player last year and he picked Sean Taylor and he was correct.So i guess we will find out in 3 weeks.

Well i sure hope the little bird sits in these meetings with Joe.

skinsfan36
04-01-2005, 08:10 PM
was the player cooley?

skinsfan36
04-01-2005, 08:10 PM
was the player cooley?
wait that doesnt make sense cooley was drafetd last year. disregard that last post

Bigskinsfan
04-01-2005, 08:20 PM
If he is going to be JPeppers I am all for it. My concern is his size. It is easy to put on wieght in the off season. It can be hard to maintain it over the season

Emmanouel8
04-01-2005, 08:37 PM
If he's this years Terrell Suggs/D.Freeney I'm all for Merriman! It's so hard b/c of our need at CB. If only we had a 2nd rounder Arggghh!

whitskins
04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Merriman scares me b/c as much upside as he has, I think he has just as much downside... I really hope if we get this kid that he performs well, he should in a Gregg Williams defense but we're close to turning this thing around, the last thing we need is a bust top ten pick.

silverspring
04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Merriman scares me b/c as much upside as he has, I think he has just as much downside... I really hope if we get this kid that he performs well, he should in a Gregg Williams defense but we're close to turning this thing around, the last thing we need is a bust top ten pick.

What I want to know is where did he get that 30 lbs that I believe he added in the last 6 months?
It is one thing to add that kind of poundage out of highschool, but at this point it is hard to believe it is a natural weight for him and that spells injury magnet.

akhhorus
04-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I believes it whens I sees it. I dont believe anything like this, sorry.

And Merriman should have stayed small and played LB in a 3-4. I dont trust him as a legit DE in the NFL. He's not a Peppers-like prospect. There's none of those in this draft.

hogs86
04-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I believes it whens I sees it. I dont believe anything like this, sorry.

And Merriman should have stayed small and played LB in a 3-4. I dont trust him as a legit DE in the NFL. He's not a Peppers-like prospect. There's none of those in this draft.

Well you would think Mr. Redskins himself would know what is going on around redskins park.Then one who likes to think he know's what is going on......... Ok if Portis can lean a ear to Gibbs .I would think LaVar could do the same ??

akhhorus
04-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Well you would think Mr. Redskins himself would know what is going on around redskins park.Then one who likes to think he know's what is going on......... Ok if Portis can lean a ear to Gibbs .I would think LaVar could do the same ??

Im sure he's heard something, but I believe when I see it. Gibbs is an extremely willy person and if you read the HR interview with Nunyo, you can never tell what he's looking at AND he likes to do controlled leaks to find out whos talking to the press. He might be putting out disinformation to find out who the press leakers are. Im not doubting your story, but just because a player says its so, doesnt make it so.

So, it was Lavar who told you this? Good job revealing it after you said you didnt want to.

hogs86
04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Im sure he's heard something, but I believe when I see it. Gibbs is an extremely willy person and if you read the HR interview with Nunyo, you can never tell what he's looking at AND he likes to do controlled leaks to find out whos talking to the press. He might be putting out disinformation to find out who the press leakers are. Im not doubting your story, but just because a player says its so, doesnt make it so.

Yes you are correct.I do not think Gibbs, LaVar,Mel Kiper or Snider knows 100% who we will pick.It is all a big guess........ And what makes draft day fun is everybody is a pro until the draft is over. So it is kind of like the NCAA basketball .Many pros lost the shirts in the first round.If you really know who we are picking hats off to you.Maybe you should get Kipers job.(To coin a phrase from Abraham Lincoln.You can not please all the people all the time) I really would like Mike Williams.But the more i think about it .Merriman would not be bad.

akhhorus
04-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes you are correct.I do not think Gibbs, LaVar,Mel Kiper or Snider knows 100% who we will pick.It is all a big guess........ And what makes draft day fun is everybody is a pro until the draft is over. So it is kind of like the NCAA basketball .Many pros lost the shirts in the first round.If you really know who we are picking hats off to you.Maybe you should get Kipers job.(To coin a phrase from Abraham Lincoln.You can not please all the people all the time) I really would like Mike Williams.But the more i think about it .Merriman would not be bad.

I never claimed to know who the skins are picking in the draft. Thats putting words in my mouth. And saying that I should take Kiper's job, thats deflecting the issue. I just cannot put much stock in what a player told you, if he told you anything. He doesnt make the picks, and Gibbs is notorious for playing his cards real close to the vest. I doubt he would tell anyone outside of Snyder and Vinnie who he wants.

Please explain how one player, no matter who that player is, would know exactly who the skins will pick if he's there(which there is no guarantee of) 3 weeks from the draft. Gibbs does not like to tell people anything.

hogs86
04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
I never claimed to know who the skins are picking in the draft. Thats putting words in my mouth. And saying that I should take Kiper's job, thats deflecting the issue. I just cannot put much stock in what a player told you, if he told you anything. He doesnt make the picks, and Gibbs is notorious for playing his cards real close to the vest. I doubt he would tell anyone outside of Snyder and Vinnie who he wants.

Please explain how one player, no matter who that player is, would know exactly who the skins will pick if he's there(which there is no guarantee of) 3 weeks from the draft. Gibbs does not like to tell people anything.

BIGSEF3
04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
But the more i think about it .Merriman would not be bad.

the more i think about it, you're full of crap.

you know, last year i talked to george w. bush and he said he told joe gibbs to draft sean taylor. and it happened.

so this year, i talked to jesus, and he told me we were going to draft matt jones.

so, that proves it true. last year george w. bush told me what would happen, and it did, and this year, jesus told me what would happen, so i beleive it. and you should all beleive me, too. the more i think about it, drafting jones wouldnt be so bad. if hes good enough for jesus, he's good enough for me.

akhhorus
04-01-2005, 10:59 PM

you know, last year i talked to george w. bush and he said he told joe gibbs to draft sean taylor. and it happened.

so this year, i talked to jesus, and he told me we were going to draft matt jones.

so, that proves it true. last year george w. bush told me what would happen, and it did, and this year, jesus told me what would happen, so i beleive it. and you should all beleive me, too. the more i think about it, drafting jones wouldnt be so bad. if hes good enough for jesus, he's good enough for me.

Anyone remember the guy who told us that his mailman, a cowboys fan, told him that Gibbs was going to quit or something?

hogs86
04-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Akhhorus i like and agree with 98% what you have to say on this site.The bottom line is you me or Gibbs do not know who we are picking on draft day. Many things can happen.Lets set back and see what happens. I am more then sure Coach Gibbs will do what is best for the Redskins...

akhhorus
04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Akhhorus i like and agree with 98% what you have to say on this site.The bottom line is you me or Gibbs do not know who we are picking on draft day. Many things can happen.Lets set back and see what happens. I am more then sure Coach Gibbs will do what is best for the Redskins...

Why are you backtracking now? All of a sudden, why do I doubt this player(cough cough Lavar cough cough) even told you anything.

hogs86
04-01-2005, 11:06 PM

And you are on that DC dust tonite ??? Warning think before you post.Sorry i forgot you are a Feagles fan. :)

hogs86
04-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Why are you backtracking now? All of a sudden, why do I doubt this player(cough cough Lavar cough cough) even told you anything.

Back tracking what ?? I ask LaVar a question.Who do you think we will pick in the draft.And he said Shawne Merriman.And he said he could be the next Peppers. So what is the big deal ?? Cough ,cough are you sick or is the doc. squeezing your balls ??

Ramsey2Moss
04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
No, I believe him. I believe the fact that he talked to LaVar and that LaVar told him we were going to pick Merriman.

LaVar is just saying that because he wants us to pick Merriman. Why? He is very good friends with him. He was friends with Taylor too, I do believe. Him and Portis both were.

LaVar probably has not heard anything from Gibbs's mouth about us taking Merriman. I think LaVar IS however telling Gibbs we should take him to make the defense better.

Not going to happen. We will add another hurricane DB, or trade down and take Rogers or Crowder.

whitskins
04-02-2005, 12:07 AM
No, I believe him. I believe the fact that he talked to LaVar and that LaVar told him we were going to pick Merriman.

LaVar is just saying that because he wants us to pick Merriman. Why? He is very good friends with him. He was friends with Taylor too, I do believe. Him and Portis both were.

LaVar probably has not heard anything from Gibbs's mouth about us taking Merriman. I think LaVar IS however telling Gibbs we should take him to make the defense better.

Not going to happen. We will add another hurricane DB, or trade down and take Rogers or Crowder.

Yeah, Arrington and Merriman are boys. Sounds like Lavar is just wishing, but Merriman is probably on our short list anyways.

warpaint
04-02-2005, 06:01 AM
draft is a gamble no matter who you draft, busts every year in the draft and no would can predict injuries,or a thousand other things that could affect a draft selection.

Redskinmayhem
04-02-2005, 08:17 AM
If he's this years Terrell Suggs/D.Freeney I'm all for Merriman! It's so hard b/c of our need at CB. If only we had a 2nd rounder Arggghh!

Well, I don;t know if Shawn M is the right pick but he is a hometown boy. Oh and Imagine a bigger faster more athletic Suggs, and you have Merriman.

Jimreaper007
04-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Kill that bird...

BurgundyNGold
04-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Well i sure hope the little bird sits in these meetings with Joe.
I think its LA. JMO.

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Why all the dissing in this thread?Don't make me reach through the monitor and go Three Stooges on you guys!

BurgundyNGold
04-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Why all the dissing in this thread?Don't make me reach through the monitor and go Three Stooges on you guys!
Woobwhooobwoooobwoooobwoooob! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

cmdlost29
04-02-2005, 09:11 AM
No one knows for sure but SM doesn't make sense to me. We need a DB badly, first priority over all other positions. Arrington may desire SM but this year he's not going to get his wish.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Back tracking what ?? I ask LaVar a question.Who do you think we will pick in the draft.And he said Shawne Merriman.And he said he could be the next Peppers. So what is the big deal ?? Cough ,cough are you sick or is the doc. squeezing your balls ??

huh? What does me being sick or not have to do with this?

And you're backtracking even further. You've gone from "The skins will take Merriman" to "Lavar thinks that they will take Merriman". Those are two much different statements.

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Woobwhooobwoooobwoooobwoooob! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
Exactly,but don't forget the physical comedy part!

BIGSEF3
04-02-2005, 10:43 AM
And you are on that DC dust tonite ??? Warning think before you post.Sorry i forgot you are a Feagles fan. :)

i did think before i posted. thats why i said you were full of crap. if i wasnt thinking, then i might have actually agreed with the BS you made up about arrington confiding in you who the redskins would draft. my advice from personal experience, quit while you are ahead and admit no one told you anything.

hogs86
04-02-2005, 11:18 AM
huh? What does me being sick or not have to do with this?

And you're backtracking even further. You've gone from "The skins will take Merriman" to "Lavar thinks that they will take Merriman". Those are two much different statements.

No if you would look at my first post.It said (He told me he thinks Shawne Merriman will be our pick)And even if one would say thinks or take .Nobody knows for sure or cares.

hogs86
04-02-2005, 11:30 AM
i did think before i posted. thats why i said you were full of crap. if i wasnt thinking, then i might have actually agreed with the BS you made up about arrington confiding in you who the redskins would draft. my advice from personal experience, quit while you are ahead and admit no one told you anything.

Man people like you.I will not even give you my time or energy.I am not coming down to your elementary level.Go away you are a eagles fan and i will not respond to another stupid post like you just wrote. :banghead:

whitskins
04-02-2005, 11:50 AM

Why would you feel the need to respond like this? Why would Hogs have any need to make up a story about Lavar telling him who he'd like to draft? The debate here is whether Lavar thinking we'll pick Merriman is legitimate, but there's no reason to call Hogs basically a liar. It's not like Hogs isn't a regular poster on this board, and it's obvious that he makes his business in athlete signings. You don't have any evidence that he lied so maybe you should quit while you're ahead.

Jeez, calm down.

whitskins
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
draft is a gamble no matter who you draft, busts every year in the draft and no would can predict injuries,or a thousand other things that could affect a draft selection.

Yes, obviously, but some players have more questions than others and may have more "bust potential" than others, there is no denying that. Merriman played OLB in college and has recently put on about 30 pounds to play DE in the pros, weight which he has never played football with in his career. He was also never a dominant player in college from what I've read/heard. Hence, we're basing his ability at DE largely on the workout stats he has put up, which admittedly are impressive. Just saying this makes me a bit more cautious than a guy like any of the corner backs available, etc.

I mean, clearly every draft is a gamble, but winning the draft is making the right gambles on the right guys. You can't justify picking a guy who might have a better chance of being a flash in the pan simply b/c there are "busts every year".

If we draft him I hope it is because those concerns have been analysed and deemed worth the risk.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 12:18 PM
No if you would look at my first post.It said (He told me he thinks Shawne Merriman will be our pick)And even if one would say thinks or take .Nobody knows for sure or cares.

Then you should have titled the thread:

"A redskins player thinks the skins should pick Merriman"

Your title and your posts imply that this is inside info that it will happen. You have none of that.

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Who wants to be poked in the eyes first?

ShaggySkins
04-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Merriman played OLB in college and has recently put on about 30 pounds to play DE in the pros, weight which he has never played football with in his career. He was also never a dominant player in college from what I've read/heard. Hence, we're basing his ability at DE largely on the workout stats he has put up, which admittedly are impressive.

Merriman has never played OLB. He was a left defensive end in college his entire career at MD. The issue is does he have the size to play DE in the pros or does he have the ability to switch to LB and cover. Basically for us, if he cannot play DE in the pros he is a complete bust for us. He will never have the size to play at MLB and we don't need anymore OLBs.

whitskins
04-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Merriman has never played OLB. He was a left defensive end in college his entire career at MD. The issue is does he have the size to play DE in the pros or does he have the ability to switch to LB and cover. Basically for us, if he cannot play DE in the pros he is a complete bust for us. He will never have the size to play at MLB and we don't need anymore OLBs.

My bad, I thought he was an OLB in college. You are an MD fan right? Was he at all a dominant player in college? I'm just nervous about a guy who I've heard didn't dominate college competition and coming to the pros 30 pounds heavier than he's played before. His workout numbers are sweet but if he didn't kill in college, then I'm worried.

BurgundyNGold
04-02-2005, 01:33 PM
He's a blurb about Merriman from a college sports web site:

On Merriman : Third-year player with tremendous physical skills ... set to start at one defensive end position after playing the hybrid "Leo" position last year ... has great size and athleticism ... a big hitter ... an honors candidate who was one of the best pass rushers in the league last year ... has shown flashes of greatness the last two years ... an Iron Terp the last two years who posted a 38 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 385-pound bench and a 590-pound squat on testing day ... 41 1/2-inch vertical jump from 2003 was the best ever by a Maryland defensive lineman.
I think "Leo" is a sometimes up, sometimes down rover.

source (http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/merriman_shawne00.html)

ShaggySkins
04-02-2005, 02:08 PM
My bad, I thought he was an OLB in college. You are an MD fan right? Was he at all a dominant player in college? I'm just nervous about a guy who I've heard didn't dominate college competition and coming to the pros 30 pounds heavier than he's played before. His workout numbers are sweet but if he didn't kill in college, then I'm worried.

Yea I watched a lot of him. He's impressive but I really don't see him being a dominant player in the NFL. He was the best player on our DL so a lot of teams did not run towards him and he faced a lot of double teams. I'm just not sure if he has the game to translate to the NFL, I never saw him absolutely take over a game like Freeney did or Suggs did at times in College. Because of that I think he's a step below those guys, added to the fact that he may be too small to play DE and lacks coverage skills to play OLB. I would be worried if we took him because I think he needs to go to a team that runs a 3-4 to be successful. I think he could produce this year as a speed rusher on passing downs but I doubt he'll ever be an every down defensive lineman. We have Arrington and Cleamons to play DE on passing downs, so I don't see the point in grabbing Merriman.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Yea I watched a lot of him. He's impressive but I really don't see him being a dominant player in the NFL. He was the best player on our DL so a lot of teams did not run towards him and he faced a lot of double teams. I'm just not sure if he has the game to translate to the NFL, I never saw him absolutely take over a game like Freeney did or Suggs did at times in College. Because of that I think he's a step below those guys, added to the fact that he may be too small to play DE and lacks coverage skills to play OLB. I would be worried if we took him because I think he needs to go to a team that runs a 3-4 to be successful. I think he could produce this year as a speed rusher on passing downs but I doubt he'll ever be an every down defensive lineman. We have Arrington and Cleamons to play DE on passing downs, so I don't see the point in grabbing Merriman.

If you want to understand why Im not too big on getting Merriman, read this post above again.

BIGSEF3
04-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Then you should have titled the thread:

"A redskins player thinks the skins should pick Merriman"

Your title and your posts imply that this is inside info that it will happen. You have none of that.

my feelings exactly. the very fact of trying to keep his sources identity secret, then saying it 2 posts later makes me question the whole thing.

i think hogs is a merriman fan and thinks we should draft him. just from reading around, i think there is a chance we will draft him, and i dont think that would be a bad thing at all. he would fill a area that could definately use improvement. merriman will probably be around for picks 15-20, so if we could trade down, pick merriman, and get a second rounder from a trade partner, that would be ideal.

i am just not sold on using the #9 on him. I guess it depends on who's available at that point and what our needs are.

BurgundyNGold
04-02-2005, 02:36 PM
merriman will probably be around for picks 15-20, so if we could trade down, pick merriman, and get a second rounder from a trade partner, that would be ideal.
IMO, I don't see Merriman slipping past Dallass at 11. Maybe they take Marcus Spears, but I don't think so. Merriman gives them more options if they would like to go to a 3-4.

BIGSEF3
04-02-2005, 02:57 PM
IMO, I don't see Merriman slipping past Dallass at 11. Maybe they take Marcus Spears, but I don't think so. Merriman gives them more options if they would like to go to a 3-4.

i didnt know dallassss was going to a 3-4, too. seems to be a trend, nowadays. in my opinion, spears will go first in the draft, but i havent read any interviews with him to get a feeling for his character. i really was impressed with merrimans attitude in the interview on redskins.com. he said all the right things. i mainly liked the fact that he went to the redskins workouts, even though he didnt actually work out. he went b/c he wanted to see what the skins are all about and to get a chance to meet the coaches. its also smart of him NOT to work out. he's already proven himself, and i would hate to see him get involved in some freak injury. if merriman falls past dallas, he'll drop a few more, but its all speculation.

i know i made a sarcastic comment about matt jones, but it would be REALLY nice if we could pick him up, somehow. hes got that "ill do whatever they want me to do and be extremely good at it" quality. hes like a more vastly more talented nick goings.

RoanokeSkin
04-02-2005, 03:08 PM
I wouldnt mind having Merriman if it works out that way. I would rather trade down and have Carlos Rodgers and address our need for a cornerback first, unless we can somehow find a way to sign Andre Dyson.

danny's stogie
04-02-2005, 04:51 PM

I think Merriman will drop. He's got more hype surrounding him than anyone right now and that is often a sign that teams are hiding their true intentions, however, I don't think anyone in the top half of the first round is going to take the bait certainly not a proven talent evaluator such as Parcells (maybe some moron like Tice will get caught up in the hype and draft him). Once they sit and watch film of Merriman they'll see that there are much better players to be had.

This sudden obsession with Merriman is maddening. I haven't seen a single post from the pro-Merriman crowd that uses empirical evidence, everyone who touts him posts subjectively. It's time to learn some other names.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I think Merriman will drop. He's got more hype surrounding him than anyone right now and that is often a sign that teams are hiding their true intentions, however, I don't think anyone in the top half of the first round is going to take the bait certainly not a proven talent evaluator such as Parcells (maybe some moron like Tice will get caught up in the hype and draft him). Once they sit and watch film of Merriman they'll see that there are much better players to be had.

This sudden obsession with Merriman is maddening. I haven't seen a single post from the pro-Merriman crowd that uses empirical evidence, everyone who touts him posts subjectively. It's time to learn some other names.

Amen. I really dont get the obsession people here have with him, Rolle and Adrian McPherson.

danny's stogie
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Amen. I really dont get the obsession people here have with him, Rolle and Adrian McPherson.

Its not that I have a problem with people talking about him and saying that the Skins should draft him, its just that no one has said, "this is why he would be a good fit for the Skins" or "this is why he wasn't as effective on the collegiate level as you'd expect from a top 10 pick and here's why he will succeed in the NFL". The only thing I've heard is something to the effect of: "he'll be the next Peppers." If you're going to say the Skins should draft someone at least explain why.

Whenever, you or I or Jim or anyone of the anti-merriman camp respond with actual reasons why we are suspicious of his ability to succeed in the NFL we get no response. Then when I call people out in your thread http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=24102 and ask people to give reasons why the Skins should draft Merriman I get zero responses, suprising considering the amount of people on the board who seem to want this guy so badly.

DR_RedskinsFan
04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Its not that I have a problem with people talking about him and saying that the Skins should draft him, its just that no one has said, "this is why he would be a good fit for the Skins" or "this is why he wasn't as effective on the collegiate level as you'd expect from a top 10 pick and here's why he will succeed in the NFL". The only thing I've heard is something to the effect of: "he'll be the next Peppers." If you're going to say the Skins should draft someone at least explain why.

Whenever, you or I or Jim or anyone of the anti-merriman camp respond with actual reasons why we are suspicious of his ability to succeed in the NFL we get no response. Then when I call people out in your thread http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=24102 and ask people to give reasons why the Skins should draft Merriman I get zero responses, suprising considering the amount of people on the board who seem to want this guy so badly.
Im gonna stick with you on this one. Workouts dont always mean the player will be a standout. Right now, it would be wiser to go for Carlos Rogers or Pac-Man. If we need a D-End, there are a number of prospects out there better than him avaliable. There's no need to take a risk with a Question mark player when we have all these gaps to fill.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 06:56 PM

You get wispy platitudes of his potential and how he's the next ________(fill in the blank). But nothing more than that. I would love to hear someone explain why the skins should take a DE at 9, much less Merriman.

joethefan
04-02-2005, 08:50 PM

People have the obsession with these guys just like you have obsession with mock drafts...it's their right....whether you like ot or not...it may not be justifyable to you, but maybe to them....

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 08:53 PM
People have the obsession with these guys just like you have obseeion with mock drafts...it their right....

Granted, but when pressed the Merriman bandwagon cant bring anything to the table other than: "he's the next Kearse" or such. I defend my picks in my "obsession". I wish the merriman bandwagon would actually bring something more than what they do.

joethefan
04-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Granted, but when pressed the Merriman bandwagon cant bring anything to the table other than: "he's the next Kearse" or such. I defend my picks in my "obsession". I wish the merriman bandwagon would actually bring something more than what they do.

well why would they....you wouldn't care to agree anyway....I'm not on the Merriman bandwagon...but it's not good to try to discredit someone who is passing information is it?..whether you believe it happened or not.
I feel sometimes you get a joy from trying to discredit people...maybe you should send Danny a resume...and really help us.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 09:29 PM
well why would they....you wouldn't care to agree anyway....I'm not on the Merriman bandwagon...but it's not good to try to discredit someone who is passing information is it?..whether you believe it happened or not.
I feel sometimes you get a joy from trying to discredit people...maybe you should send Danny a resume...and really help us.

Ridiculous sarcasm aside: thats not true joe and you know it. I should just take it as face value and believe it fully, cmon. Thats the first facet of a weak mind-blind acceptance. Always check and be open to examination. I dont get joy from "discrediting" people, but some people come with such weak arguments and with clearly wrong facts that its stupid to just let people read it and beleive them. I would like people, if they are advocating something to bring much more than what the Merriman people are bringing to the debate. And joe, if they brought up a good point, I would be interested; they havent.

If you want to respond, pm me and keep it out of here.

whitskins
04-02-2005, 09:48 PM
You get wispy platitudes of his potential and how he's the next ________(fill in the blank). But nothing more than that. I would love to hear someone explain why the skins should take a DE at 9, much less Merriman.

A post from COUNCILMAN will be forthcoming...

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 09:49 PM
A post from COUNCILMAN will be forthcoming...

Shh...if you say his name three times he appears...

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I think it's because they're all athletic at their given positions,thus making them potential playmakers.

whitskins
04-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Shh...if you say his name three times he appears...

Oh that's just a dumb rumor........ Wait, did you hear that?..... Well, what was it??....

No... No!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 09:52 PM
I think it's because they're all athletic at their given positions.

Good point; but do you think that warrants the mythic status of all three with some people?

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Good point; but do you think that warrants the mythic status of all three with some people?
It's been a slow offseason by the Skins standards.How much hmmm.....
can we take?

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 09:54 PM
It's been a slow offseason by the Skins standards.How much hmmm.....
can we take?

Snyder should go and sign a player for the good of us all!

RedskinRyan
04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
man, i havent seen as much hostility like i have in this thread since my last family reunion...

i do not think the skins will pick merriman. certainly not for LB purposes, and we have bigger needs than DE.

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Snyder should go and sign a player for the good of us all!
Or at least give my bro,namesake,and the rest of the Funky Four a raise! :)

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Or at least give my bro,namesake,and the rest of the Funky Four a raise! :)

Triple their salaries at least!

Axegrinder
04-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Triple their salaries at least!
Sounds good.
Since we're negotiating for them,we should get our %.
But as Billy Preston once sang.....Nothin' from nothin'..... leaves nothin'!

edit:I'm too slow tonight or Akh's awfully quick,either way we re not on the same timetable.I guess Akh got to DST first.

akhhorus
04-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Sounds good.
Since we're negotiating for them,we should get our %.

Triple our cut at least!