PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brackins

bigsetz
04-04-2005, 03:02 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/wr/larrybrackins.html

If we go in another direction than WR with the first pick, then this guy could be a nice WR project with a great upside. Very tall, fast, and has natural ability...just needs to show he can do it against the big boys. Gibbs has said before that he could be ready to play with who we have now and compete. I'd be willing to throw a 4th or 6th rder (if he's still there that late) at him and see how he pans out. Anyone have any other info on him? Or am I just a nut for even considering it?

joethefan
04-04-2005, 07:22 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/wr/larrybrackins.html

If we go in another direction than WR with the first pick, then this guy could be a nice WR project with a great upside. Very tall, fast, and has natural ability...just needs to show he can do it against the big boys. Gibbs has said before that he could be ready to play with who we have now and compete. I'd be willing to throw a 4th or 6th rder (if he's still there that late) at him and see how he pans out. Anyone have any other info on him? Or am I just a nut for even considering it?

Well Chad Johnson came from a CC. And worked out....I would say try him out with a later pick, I think a 4 is too high..esp with a pospect. Put him on the practice sqaud and see what he has....

techskinsfan
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
yea has anyone seen where hes projected...ive heard and saw his name tossed around...but i cant remember any round being placed on him as a projection

akhhorus
04-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Well Chad Johnson came from a CC. And worked out....I would say try him out with a later pick, I think a 4 is too high..esp with a pospect. Put him on the practice sqaud and see what he has....

Chad Johnson went to Oregon State I believe. He might have gone to a CC before then, but he did play big time CFB.

Redskin006
04-04-2005, 08:59 AM
yea has anyone seen where hes projected...ive heard and saw his name tossed around...but i cant remember any round being placed on him as a projection

He's been projected from the mid 3rd round to the early 4th round.

GWBlitzST
04-04-2005, 09:01 AM
I like part that says he can put on weight to possibly become a tight end, but that would take a lot of coaching. I would take him as a late 4th round project, but no higher.

Meatsnack
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
If you could get Brackins on Day 2 and we still needed a big wideout, he would be worth the pick. He certainly has talent and the physical stature to be a matchup problem. He would have to come up to speed quickly and be willing to play teams, though.