PDA

View Full Version : Front Office Relationships

wave6ten
04-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Not Sure If this thread is in the right forum but...

When it comes to trades in general and the draft, what teams do we seem to have a good relationship with when it comes to making moves and trading draft picks...the Saints come to mind for me...Also what about other teams?

cmdlost29
04-07-2005, 01:53 PM
the Saints come to mind for me...

I would love to see another draft day deal like that again :lol1:

smoak
04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't thionk the Saints. Not only did we rob them blind in the Ricky Williams deal, but we also matched the offer to Bryan Johnson only to deal him to Chicago.

Believe it or not, the team that comes to mind for me is Dallass. Snyder and Jones are reportedly friends and Parcells respects Gibbs. Anyone that coached when Gibbs coached would at least have that commonality so the Vermeils and Shottenheimers of the world are probably recptive to the Redskins. Maybe less so with Marty b/c of the way he left.

That is actually a good point b/c we fired Casserly and now people are talking about the Skins trading with the Texans. I don't know about that.

bwparker
04-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Thats an interesting question.
Not a complete answer...but in the last year we have traded with

Jags - 3rd rounder for Brunell
Bears - FB Johnson for draft pick
Bronco - Champ + 2nd for Portis
Jets - Coles for Moss
Saints - 3rd for 5th + 2nd

I think thats mostly it recently...no-one who we traded with a whole lot though.

Anyone else have any more

kelly
04-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Thats an interesting question.
Not a complete answer...but in the last year we have traded with

Jags - 3rd rounder for Brunell
Bears - FB Johnson for draft pick
Bronco - Champ + 2nd for Portis
Jets - Coles for Moss
Saints - 3rd for 5th + 2nd

I think thats mostly it recently...no-one who we traded with a whole lot though.

Anyone else have any more

" Jets - Coles for Moss " :banghead:
you guys should be arrested for that one :cry:

CNYSkinFan
04-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't thionk the Saints. Not only did we rob them blind in the Ricky Williams deal, but we also matched the offer to Bryan Johnson only to deal him to Chicago.

Believe it or not, the team that comes to mind for me is Dallass. Snyder and Jones are reportedly friends and Parcells respects Gibbs. Anyone that coached when Gibbs coached would at least have that commonality so the Vermeils and Shottenheimers of the world are probably recptive to the Redskins. Maybe less so with Marty b/c of the way he left.

That is actually a good point b/c we fired Casserly and now people are talking about the Skins trading with the Texans. I don't know about that.

Never trade with Dallas....never trade with the NFC East...never going to happen.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
04-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Never trade with Dallas....never trade with the NFC East...never going to happen.
Agree. Unless they want Gardner :)

swheeler
04-07-2005, 02:33 PM
We've mader a lot of trades with the Jets, some more succesful than others. Hopefully Moss will be one of the better ones.

OT, but speaking of JetSkins does anyone know if Hall's going to be healthy?

bwparker
04-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for reminding me...I forgot

Iggles - 5th rounder for Thrash

bwparker
04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
We've mader a lot of trades with the Jets, some more succesful than others. Hopefully Moss will be one of the better ones.

OT, but speaking of JetSkins does anyone know if Hall's going to be healthy?
I heard they healed his injury with Gamma rays and he can now kick 97 yd field goalds

swheeler
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
I heard they healed his injury with Gamma rays and he can now kick 97 yd field goalds

Damn, only 97? That means our offense might need to get some yards every now and then. Maybe if he works hard in the offseason he can push it over 100.

smoak
04-07-2005, 04:02 PM

I'm not saying I want to trade with Dallass, but I think we have a better relationship with them than most.

BtwnDaTackles
04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say that we will trade w/ anyone who wants Rod.....

JoeDaSchmoe
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't necessarily want to swap draft picks with Dallas, but sending them Rod would be fine with me.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
04-07-2005, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't necessarily want to swap draft picks with Dallas, but sending them Rod would be fine with me.
How about this:

Washington sends WR Rod Gardner #87 for Dallas Cheerleader *RANDOM NAME*

tomlin
04-07-2005, 07:45 PM
the cowboys have 2 1st round picks THIS year & parcells does NOT like first-round draft choices.

TIME TO DEAL :rolleyes:

P.S. :
High anxiety
NFL teams no longer want the top picks in the draft
Posted: Thursday April 7, 2005 1:45PM; Updated: Thursday April 7, 2005 2:31PM

Bill Parcells said this a few years ago, but it's even more apropos now:

"I can't stand first-round draft choices. You can never sign 'em, and all they do is screw up your training camp and your whole salary structure."

> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/04/07/drz.high.draft/index.html