PDA

View Full Version : Teams willing to trade up?

bigcmr
04-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I am all for tradeing down in this years draft and picking up some extra picks. But who are the teams that might be willing to trade up to the 9th pick? Because some teams rarely trade up and some teams are willing to trade up.

bigsetz
04-10-2005, 02:10 AM
i think barron will fall to us and people will be willing to trade up for him, esp. Hou or SD. If mike williams falls to us then im positive teams will want to trade up, but we better take him if he falls. If the CB we're lookin at is taken and we dont like the rest then im sure someone might want trade up. Finally, if derrick johnsons still there then someone would trade up, possibly dallas(dont do it though!!), minnesota, or indy.

bigcmr
04-11-2005, 01:05 AM
i dont this dallas will even dare to call us on draft day. also i dont think S.D. FO is willing to trade up.

Redskinfan28
04-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Our best bet would be to have Derrick Johnson fall to #9. At that point, teams like KC (15), the Saints (16), or the vikes (18) who are all seeking an OLB, may come calling. Moreover, if Rogers/Smith don't go to SF or Cleveland, either may drop. If either is there at #9, which is doubtful, GB (24) may inquire as they need to prepare for life after Farve. And the Texans (13) may seek to trade up to get Barron, although they may not be willing to part with a 2nd Rounder to move up 4 spots.

MojoMan
04-11-2005, 09:47 AM
John McClain, who covers the NFL for the Houston Chronicle, was being interviewed on Houston Sports radio this morning, and indicated that he thought that Houston will try to trade either up or down from the 13th pick. However, he specifically stated that the Texans would not trade with Washington, as both Casserly and Snyder are trying to get the better of each other. John McClain has correctly forecast each of the Texans first round picks for each of the last three drafts.

Being from Houston, I am thinking now that Houston's best bet is trade up with Arizona at #8. The people on the Arizona discussion forum seem quite excited about this possibility, and they also recognize the fair value of that trade, which is the Texans #13 plus a 3rd round pick (not a 2nd).