PDA

View Full Version : Clements trade may enhance our draft

Warrior 007
04-11-2005, 11:43 PM
If we get Clements it would give us more quality players in the draft. Don't forget he is one of the top 3 fastest CB players in the NFL.

Draft Pre Clements Trade
1. CB Pac man or WR Troy Williamson
3. WR Vincent Jackson or WR Chris Henry
4. TE Maybe kevin Everett if he is still there

Draft with Clements Trade
1. CB Clements
2. WR Matt Jones or TE Alex Smith
3. Mlb Adam Seward or WR Vincent Jackson
4. CB Dominque foworth or kevin Everett

The trade scenerio with clements gives us more possibilites in the draft, and our team would be in better shape. I say pull the trigger.

:Padawan:

akhhorus
04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
So, are you just posting seperate threads on topics that have their own threads just to do it and to feel special?

BurgundyNGold
04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
If we get Clements it would give us more quality players in the draft. Don't forget he is one of the top 3 fastest CB players in the NFL.

Draft Pre Clements Trade
1. CB Pac man or WR Troy Williamson
3. WR Vincent Jackson or WR Chris Henry
4. TE Maybe kevin Everett if he is still there

Draft with Clements Trade
1. CB Clements
2. WR Matt Jones or TE Alex Smith
3. Mlb Adam Seward or WR Vincent Jackson
4. CB Dominque foworth or kevin Everett

The trade scenerio with clements gives us more possibilites in the draft, and our team would be in better shape. I say pull the trigger.

:Padawan:
We would be getting Clements for 1 year, then we'd have to pay him $13-15M SB that we can't afford. I'm tired of the FO mortgaging our future to roll the dice today. We've already started being deliberate in our team building, let's keep the current pace. It'll pay off big time over the next few years.

bigcmr
04-12-2005, 02:12 AM
We would be getting Clements for 1 year, then we'd have to pay him $13-15M SB that we can't afford. I'm tired of the FO mortgaging our future to roll the dice today. We've already started being deliberate in our team building, let's keep the current pace. It'll pay off big time over the next few years.

I agree 100% Tradeing for Clements is the dummest idea i have heard.

Dre-The-Great
04-12-2005, 02:24 AM
So, are you just posting seperate threads on topics that have their own threads just to do it and to feel special?

:lol1: Thats classic.

BIGSEF3
04-12-2005, 07:17 AM
i see how that trade could help us fill more holes in the draft. but then again, so could signing ty law, ray lewis, tony gonzalez and john abraham to leage minimum contracts.

it could help, but it fails to take into consideration a little thing called reality. there is no clements trade, so talking about it is pointless!

RedskinRyan
04-12-2005, 09:55 AM
i dont see the clements trade happening. we still have to worry about re-signing moss, and we havent had much luck with cornerbacks in the last year of their deal. i dont like the trade period, i'd rather go after a different young cornerback.

whitskins
04-12-2005, 09:56 AM
No need for separate threads on a topic like this or your thread on Lavar that already have threads!!

redwolf1218
04-12-2005, 10:00 AM
but...what would we have to pay Pacman or Rogers if we take them at 9? and Clements is Awesome. probowl. one of 2 starting probowl corners from the AFC. that's one of the 4 best corners in the NFL from among 32 teams, 64+ corners. he's big, fast, strong, young, and durable. he might be the best all around cornerback in the NFL right now. i dont really see why the Bills would let him go. they might as well play him for another year.

Kanman21
04-12-2005, 10:03 AM
In a perfect world, trading for Clements would be a great idea. He's a good ball player who Williams likes and knows how to use etc... BUT, we should not and hopefully will not trade for him because of that contract he's gonna demand next off-season. And it won't be pretty. I think it was mentioned somewhere in the 13-15 bonus range, which is too much.

Trading for him would be great from a non-salary cap standpoint, but it's just nor feasible.

redwolf1218
04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
he's worth his money. he's a proven commodity. with a draft pick, you just never know. Terrence Newman, Deagelo Hall, Champ Bailey for that matter, are not as good as this guy, despite all the hype.

Towson Skins
04-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Im tired of everyone blaming the FO, mainly snyder and cerrato, for making these deals when we know that this trade is definitely Gibbs's idea. We already know hes in the George Allen mold of acquiring quality vets for draft picks. We do remember the last debacle when Gibbs had a 1st rd pick.

dj_stouty
04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
I don't want it to happen simply because I'm selfish, and I want to actually enjoy the draft this year. I wouldn't look forward to a draft where the Skins' first pick is in the 3rd round.