PDA

View Full Version : ESPN draft special 3:00 pm

lavarsamonster
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Will you watch, and how accurate do you think it is, or going to be??

chrisbcbu
04-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Im just ready for the draft to start already!! It seems like this offseason has been 1 of the longest in quite some time.

MoeRedskins
04-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Im just ready for the draft to start already!! It seems like this offseason has been 1 of the longest in quite some time.

That is only cause the Skins haven't made huge moves like in the past. There isn't a free agent signing every ten days to keep us occupied.

lavarsamonster
That is only cause the Skins haven't made huge moves like in the past. There isn't a free agent signing every ten days to keep us occupied.

very true

SkinsASchamps
I watched yesterday and i will try to watch again today. its fun to see video on the players and see football on tv..

bgforever
04-14-2005, 10:17 AM

1 thru 5 85% probability of being accurate (inverted order of who gets who, but the top 5 still go in the top 5)

6 thru 10 75% probability (one or on occassion in history, up to 2 may drop lower, and/or 1 may move into the top 5)

11- 20 The FUN of the NFL Draft - 65% or lower - Your guess is as good as mine here, because swapping means whoever took lower picks by giving up their higer picks, will shake up exepectations a bit - at least 3 players.

21 - 32 50 % - Can be surprising to see some 2nd rounders crack the 1st rd. This is VERY likely because the ratings aren't distanced apart that much.

lavarsamonster
04-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I watched yesterday and i will try to watch again today. its fun to see video on the players and see football on tv..

i believe this is a full hour long special, not quite sure though

bantu
04-14-2005, 10:39 AM
1 thru 5 85% probability of being accurate (inverted order of who gets who, but the top 5 still go in the top 5)

6 thru 10 75% probability (one or on occassion in history, up to 2 may drop lower, and/or 1 may move into the top 5)

11- 20 The FUN of the NFL Draft - 65% or lower - Your guess is as good as mine here, because swapping means whoever took lower picks by giving up their higer picks, will shake up exepectations a bit - at least 3 players.

21 - 32 50 % - Can be surprising to see some 2nd rounders crack the 1st rd. This is VERY likely because the ratings aren't distanced apart that much.

whoa, whoa, whoa.....

I think you're giving them too much credit. Yes, the accuracy of the first ten picks is usually right on, but after that is a crapshoot. Lets take your 85% in the first ten and say that is accurate. In my opinion, the accuracy plummets after that, so 75% is way too high. I think 60-65% is probably a better representation of the next ten picks(#11-20).

bantu
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
i believe this is a full hour long special, not quite sure though

It is.... It's been on all week. I love it, man!! It will continue to be on until draft weekend!!

lavarsamonster
04-14-2005, 10:44 AM
It is.... It's been on all week. I love it, man!! It will continue to be on until draft weekend!!

oh i know, this is my favorite offseason time of the year, and draft weekend is my birthday weekend also so thats double excitement

bgforever
04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa.....

I think you're giving them too much credit. Yes, the accuracy of the first ten picks is usually right on, but after that is a crapshoot. Lets take your 85% in the first ten and say that is accurate. In my opinion, the accuracy plummets after that, so 75% is way too high. I think 60-65% is probably a better representation of the next ten picks(#11-20).

Ok, so the 10% swing you got is cool, but really - whoa, whoa, whoa???

Hold on silver :lol1:

bgforever
04-14-2005, 11:04 AM
How's the percentages last year? Let's take a look, compliments of NFL.COM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2004

1 San Diego Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 Oakland Robert Gallery T Iowa
3 Arizona Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
4 N.Y. Giants Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State
5 Washington Sean Taylor FS Miami
6 Cleveland Kellen Winslow TE Miami
7 Detroit Roy Williams WR Texas
8 Atlanta DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech
9 Jacksonville Reggie Williams WR Washington
10 Houston Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina
11 Pittsburgh Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami, O.
12 N.Y. Jets Jonathan Vilma MLB Miami
13 Buffalo Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
14 Chicago Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
15 Tampa Bay Michael Clayton WR Louisiana State
16 Philadelphia Shawn Andrews T Arkansas
17 Denver D.J. Williams OLB Miami
18 New Orleans Will Smith DE Ohio State
19 Miami Vernon Carey T Miami
20 Minnesota Kenechi Udeze DE Southern California
21 New England Vince Wilfork DT Miami
22 Buffalo J.P. Losman QB Tulane
23 Seattle Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
24 St. Louis Steven Jackson RB Oregon State
25 Green Bay Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
26 Cincinnati Chris Perry RB Michigan
27 Houston Jason Babin OLB Western Michigan
28 Carolina Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
29 Atlanta Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State
30 Detroit Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
31 San Francisco Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State
32 New England Ben Watson TE Georgia

1 Cincinnati Carson Palmer QB Southern California
2 Detroit Charles Rogers WR Michigan State
3 Houston Andre Johnson WR Miami
4 N.Y. Jets Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky
5 Dallas Terence Newman CB Kansas State
6 New Orleans Johnathan Sullivan DT Georgia
7 Jacksonville Byron Leftwich QB Marshall
8 Carolina Jordan Gross T Utah
9 Minnesota Kevin Williams DT Oklahoma State
10 Baltimore Terrell Suggs OLB Arizona State
11 Seattle Marcus Trufant CB Washington State
12 St. Louis Jimmy Kennedy DT Penn State
13 New England Ty Warren DE Texas A&M
14 Chicago Michael Haynes DE Penn State
15 Philadelphia Jerome McDougle DE Miami
16 Pittsburgh Troy Polamalu SS Southern California
17 Arizona Bryant Johnson WR Penn State
18 Arizona Calvin Pace DE Wake Forest
19 Baltimore Kyle Boller QB California
20 Denver George Foster T Georgia
21 Cleveland Jeff Faine C Notre Dame
22 Chicago Rex Grossman QB Florida
23 Buffalo Willis McGahee RB Miami
24 Indianapolis Dallas Clark TE Iowa
25 N.Y. Giants William Joseph DT Miami
26 San Francisco Kwame Harris T Stanford
27 Kansas City Larry Johnson RB Penn State
28 Tennessee Andre Woolfolk CB Oklahoma
29 Green Bay Nick Barnett MLB Oregon State
30 San Diego Sammy Davis CB Texas A&M
31 Oakland Nnamdi Asomugha CB California
32 Oakland Tyler Brayton DE Colorado

Davey
04-14-2005, 11:21 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa.....

He said 65% or lower for 11-20.

Redskinfan28
04-14-2005, 11:22 AM

I think people pretty much know what players will be selected in the top 10. However, it is impossible to predict a certain player going to a certain team with trades being factored in and teams putting out smokescreens on who they covet.

bgforever
04-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Yep :flower1: thanks, good eye compadre'.

lavarsamonster
04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I think people pretty much know what players will be selected in the top 10. However, it is impossible to predict a certain player going to a certain team with trades being factored in and teams putting out smokescreens on who they covet.

i agree, but i would like to see kiper and co. predict some trades i know they wont because its too risky on there part but it would be interesting how they see this whole thing panning out

Skinz4lyfe
04-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I wish I could watch it. Someone please give updates. I'm seeing more and more people saying we're gonna take PacMan Jones. I wanna see what they have to say about it.

joethefan
04-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Gotta pick my kids up from school...I'll set the DVD recorder...

3Taylor6
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
i watched it and they didnt really touch on the redskins at all,the only thing they said about the skins was something about gardner and robinson from the seahawks, but nothing important, they just focused on the 49ers dolphins and browns

skins111111
04-14-2005, 03:49 PM
i watched it and they didnt really touch on the redskins at all,the only thing they said about the skins was something about gardner and robinson from the seahawks, but nothing important, they just focused on the 49ers dolphins and browns

guess I didn't miss much :sleeping:

redskifreak
04-14-2005, 04:01 PM
been watching this everyday and everyday they touch on the 49ers and every other team but the skins......

dogfight6
04-14-2005, 04:17 PM
I've watched everyday and all they do is concentrate on the first 3-4 picks. On Tuesday Mort said he expects the frist 8 picks to go in order then the trading will begin. Those of you on the Matt Jones Bandwagon best jump off cause Mort and Mel think Philly is going to go for him. And oh yeah they talk alot about Philly and T.O..

bantu
04-15-2005, 01:24 AM

Awww man...you are so correct. I guess I was just using the 75% mark as a reference point. Anyways......

I'll say it like this....after that 10th pick it is extremely hard to figure just when and where players will go.

P.s. After the 10th pick, the odds are 50%....How about that?? :)

lavarsamonster
04-15-2005, 03:35 AM
been watching this everyday and everyday they touch on the 49ers and every other team but the skins......

this wasnt the little thing they do on sportscenter it was an hour long draft thing

redskifreak
04-15-2005, 08:05 AM
yes i know ... all week they have had a draft show on at this time!!

and all week like i said they have been talking about the same thing over and over!!

techskinsfan
04-15-2005, 09:03 AM
wait as in a trade for eachother or theyre on the block?

MoeRedskins
04-15-2005, 09:08 AM
wait as in a trade for eachother or theyre on the block?

they said that we will wait to move Gardner until the Seahawks figure out what to do with Robinson. So, it looks like Gardner is a Seahawk if they cut Robinson.

redwolf1218
04-15-2005, 02:23 PM
they said that we will wait to move Gardner until the Seahawks figure out what to do with Robinson. So, it looks like Gardner is a Seahawk if they cut Robinson.
what's their cap like and what was his bonus? i mean will they be looking to wait until june 1st to cut him?

cmdlost29
04-15-2005, 03:35 PM
draft weekend is my birthday weekend

You too huh? Happy birthday from a fellow Tarus!

bgforever
04-16-2005, 12:04 AM

This is a good analysis.

Holgrem was thoroughly impressed with Rod Gardner when he played Seattle both times and his numbers bare it out. Not sure if Marty and Holgrem spoke about what he knows about Rod personally, but that had to be considered and for the most part, Rod was ready to play each game. Holgrem, like Gibbs, can relate to offense players.

Maybe this is the break Rod needs and change with a coach who is more in tune with today's youth to some degree. Not that JG can't relate to anyone of this day and age, but Holgrem's been on the scene more the last 10 years and Gardner's got a chance to get way more touches and resurrecting his career.

aprius
04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
You too huh? Happy birthday from a fellow Tarus!

Hey! The name is Aprius for a reason...APRI-l Taur-US....Mine is that weekend too!

Happy Birthday to all the Tauruses on HR!!!!!

redwolf1218
04-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey! The name is Aprius for a reason...APRI-l Taur-US....Mine is that weekend too!

Happy Birthday to all the Tauruses on HR!!!!!
welcome. looking forward to hearing you opinions.

2Cooley
04-16-2005, 10:57 AM
does the special come on today?

redwolf1218
04-16-2005, 10:59 AM
does the special come on today?
i've been watching ESPN and they are showing draft stuff pretty much all the time now, every few minutes. i saw some Heath Miller highlights and i have to say is that dude is huge. he's built. if he's only 255 then it's all rock.

2Cooley
04-16-2005, 11:07 AM
well where i live they are showing some ice thing

redwolf1218
04-16-2005, 11:08 AM
well where i live they are showing some ice thing
yea that crap just came on. oh well. i cant wait for the draft. i have no idea who'll we will pick, or if we will trade, or what. it's awesome.

GWBlitzST
04-16-2005, 11:09 AM
i've been watching ESPN and they are showing draft stuff pretty much all the time now, every few minutes. i saw some Heath Miller highlights and i have to say is that dude is huge. he's built. if he's only 255 then it's all rock.

I just graduated from UVA and you are right. Seeing him up close, he's enormous. He's a big ol' country boy, ain't afraid to go up the middle and take a hit, in fact I think he likes it. I'd love to have him on our squad, he is a dominant TE, and for anyone who knocks how he didn't produce some games, I'd like you to name a few UVA wide recievers off the top of your head. There was literally NO other recieving threat on the field, and Miller was constantly getting double and triple teamed. As far as his blocking, check out the stats of our RBs. Two 1,000 yard backs this year, and he was a large part of their success. This guy is going to be one hell of an NFL player and I would love him on the Skins, but I think the Panthers have their eye on him, and we won't take him at 9.

redwolf1218
04-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I just graduated from UVA and you are right. Seeing him up close, he's enormous. He's a big ol' country boy, ain't afraid to go up the middle and take a hit, in fact I think he likes it. I'd love to have him on our squad, he is a dominant TE, and for anyone who knocks how he didn't produce some games, I'd like you to name a few UVA wide recievers off the top of your head. There was literally NO other recieving threat on the field, and Miller was constantly getting double and triple teamed. As far as his blocking, check out the stats of our RBs. Two 1,000 yard backs this year, and he was a large part of their success. This guy is going to be one hell of an NFL player and I would love him on the Skins, but I think the Panthers have their eye on him.
cool, it's good to hear a first-hand opinion. a guy that big can still make the catch when he's double teamed. with him and Cooley on the field together and speed on the edges we'd be tough to stop.