PDA

View Full Version : Skins Fan from LA

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Hello hR. Just want to peep in and say "hi". I was born in Los Angeles, but lived in Sterling for 5 years in the late 70's/early 80's. I was there when Joe Gibbs first took over the Skins and been a diehard ever since. I live back in Cali, but I am a season ticket holder (Joe Gibbs Club seats - very sweet) and fly back during the season. I'm always looking to talk inteligent football (especially the Skins) and this looks like the place. I'll be seeing you all!

:Peace:

whitskins
04-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Good to have you man, I'll be moving out to LA this summer, there's quite a few other Cali fans repping our team on this site. Stick around.

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Whats up whitskins. Thanks for the welcome. Your going from NY to LA? Talk about frequent flier miles. If you do move out here, I'll let you know of the Redskins bar in the West LA area. It's a nice fraternity of Skins fans, alot of relocated from VA and MD. We sing "Hail to the Redskins" after every touchdown. Great place with decent food.

BurgundyNGold
04-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Welcome to HR! You'll love it here. It's all Redskins, all the time.

LadyNRedskinsfan
04-28-2005, 11:09 PM
welcome to hR cali skins fan :welcome:! like i tell all new members, just stick around awhile and this place will grow on you like fungus. :)

LATrueRedskin
04-28-2005, 11:12 PM
So you say your from "LA" and are a "TrueRedskin" fan huh? Glad to have you aboard!

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks LadyNRedskinsfan. There is nothing more sexier than a woman who loves football, especially the Skins! Hey, my birthday is a day after yours.

LATrueRedskin
04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks LadyNRedskinsfan. There is nothing more sexier than a woman who loves football, especially the Skins! Hey, my birthday is a day after yours.

Whoaho there buddy! :D

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
So you say your from "LA" and are a "TrueRedskin" fan huh? Glad to have you aboard!

Hey, nice name. You from out here?

LATrueRedskin
04-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey, nice name. You from out here?

Nah. Everybody thought that at first though. My name refers to LaVar Arrington (LA).

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Right right. Nice. Whats been up with him lately? Has he calmed down since his little outburst? Lavar is my dawg. I think he should ditch the Potson's and find another agent personally.

lakeskin
04-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Welcome aboard. Always good to see some fellow socals on the boards. This is a great board to be on. A lot of knowledgable fans.

whitskins
04-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Whats up whitskins. Thanks for the welcome. Your going from NY to LA? Talk about frequent flier miles. If you do move out here, I'll let you know of the Redskins bar in the West LA area. It's a nice fraternity of Skins fans, alot of relocated from VA and MD. We sing "Hail to the Redskins" after every touchdown. Great place with decent food.

I heard about that bar, it's in Culver City right? I will definitely be there for every game, besides the ones I fly back home for.

tbfoster1
04-28-2005, 11:35 PM

Ha Haaaaaaaa...your too funny LATrue

welcome Cali Skins Fan

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, thats the one. It's called Joxter Daley. Let me know when you go.

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Ha ha... Love that picture tb. Hope you filled that helmet up...

whitskins
04-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah, thats the one. It's called Joxter Daley. Let me know when you go.

Will do man :)

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome aboard. Always good to see some fellow socals on the boards. This is a great board to be on. A lot of knowledgable fans.

Right on ocskinfan. Good to see Skins fans out here on the west coast. I'm actually a die hard Lakers fan too (sorry Wizards fans - don't worry tho, you're in the playoffs).

Farbod
04-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Im in LA too, born in Rockville....

Hail Skins...

chrisbcbu
04-28-2005, 11:44 PM

LOL he is moving in on ur woman!

Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you to represent the west coast.

Cali Skins Fan
04-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Im in LA too, born in Rockville....

Hail Skins...

Hey Farbod. Good to see that I'm not alone in this town. You have the best avatar that I've seen!

IowaSkinsFan
04-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello hR. Just want to peep in and say "hi". I was born in Los Angeles, but lived in Sterling for 5 years in the late 70's/early 80's. I was there when Joe Gibbs first took over the Skins and been a diehard ever since. I live back in Cali, but I am a season ticket holder (Joe Gibbs Club seats - very sweet) and fly back during the season. I'm always looking to talk inteligent football (especially the Skins) and this looks like the place. I'll be seeing you all!

:Peace:

Welcome to the site!

NamVet4
04-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Welcome aboard Cali Skins Fan!
Glad you joined. Check out all the forums and post often !

The adventure of the season is just getting underway!!!

:)

LadyNRedskinsfan
04-29-2005, 12:39 PM
:lol1:

whistleandthumb
04-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Cali & Whit -

We need to hook up. I'm in Hollywood, and work in West Hollywood. Gimme a holler via PM or at whistleandthumb@hotmail.com

Word.

Oh, Cali - gimme the info on the bar in West L.A. I might head over there for Primetime games. I like the comfort of my sofa on Sunday mornings. :)

Skinz4lyfe
04-29-2005, 01:41 PM
:welcome: Always nice to have the west coast Redskins on board. I gotta check out the Redskins bar you were talking about. I generally watch the games in Torrance (South Bay area) @ Nationals and there is a huge Redskin contingent there every Sunday. I actually live closer to Inglewood so West LA is a bit of a drive for me. PM we where I might find the bar though.

whitskins
04-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Cali & Whit -

We need to hook up. I'm in Hollywood, and work in West Hollywood. Gimme a holler via PM or at whistleandthumb@hotmail.com

Word.

Oh, Cali - gimme the info on the bar in West L.A. I might head over there for Primetime games. I like the comfort of my sofa on Sunday mornings. :)

Will do man, am aiming to get out West in mid-June, I'll let you know when I do.

Axegrinder
04-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey Cali,
Thanks for introducing yourself.
Enjoy the forums and don't hesitate to share your wisdom and expertice with us.

AGibbsGirl
04-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome...it's your turn to unload the dishwasher.....

TupaFan
04-29-2005, 05:22 PM
:welcome:

Cali Skins Fan
04-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Cali & Whit -

Word.

What up whistleand thumb. I love it! Good to see all westside Redskins fans! Here is the address:

Joxer Daly's Bar & Grill
11168 Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232
310-838-3745

This place is the Redskins Mecca in Soutern Cali.

Skynz4lyfe:
I've been to the Nationals in Torrance. They do have a big Skins contingent, but it aint nothing like Joxer. As a matter of fact, I just bought a house in Torrance and I drive all the way to Culver City to see the Skins (if I'm not at the home games - I have season tickets). I may have seen you before at Nationals.

Cali Skins Fan
04-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Welcome...it's your turn to unload the dishwasher.....

haha, I love it. I feel like I'm with family. You guys are great.

BigCountry
04-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey Cali Skins Fan welcome aboard. I just moved from L.A and went to Joxors a few times. Not sure if you remember but I'm the scrawny kid in the glasses that spent more time playing with Marcus' kid in the Cincy game then actually watching it. I was there for the Giants (NY), Browns, Bengals and Cowboys (in Dalllas) games.

Cali Skins Fan
04-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey Cali Skins Fan welcome aboard. I just moved from L.A and went to Joxors a few times. Not sure if you remember but I'm the scrawny kid in the glasses that spent more time playing with Marcus' kid in the Cincy game then actually watching it. I was there for the Giants (NY), Browns, Bengals and Cowboys (in Dalllas) games.

I may have seen you there. I used to go there with my wife all the time, even when she was 7 mos pregnant! That place is pretty cool. The waitress' were kinda cute. I just wish it was a little bigger cuz if you went later, good luck finding a seat.

BigCountry
04-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah I'd come there way before the game before they even open to get a good spot. Only person I knew by name there was Marcus but I talked to a few other guys too. If you came to any of the same games that I was at, do you remember vaguely where you sat?

Cali Skins Fan
04-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh yeah I'd come there way before the game before they even open to get a good spot. Only person I knew by name there was Marcus but I talked to a few other guys too. If you came to any of the same games that I was at, do you remember vaguely where you sat?

I usually tried to sit at one of the tables in front of the big screen, behind the pool table that they used to convert to a table.

Cali Skins Fan
04-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Which one was Marcus? Do you know the guy who used to make those Redskin arrows though the helmets? I think his name was Mike or Mikey. He was the one with the burgundy suv all Redskined out

Skinz4lyfe
04-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info, CaliSkinsfan. I will be sure to check it out. I've only been going to Nationals for 2 years now because I've only been living here for 2.5 years. I don't miss many games so its possible you could have seen me there too. I'm the shortest guy there. The one that always gets carded because I look like I'm a teenager but I'm really 30. Anyway, I know some of us from Nationals will be tailgating in AZ for the December game. We might have to meet up.

Cali Skins Fan
04-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the info, CaliSkinsfan. I will be sure to check it out. I've only been going to Nationals for 2 years now because I've only been living here for 2.5 years. I don't miss many games so its possible you could have seen me there too. I'm the shortest guy there. The one that always gets carded because I look like I'm a teenager but I'm really 30. Anyway, I know some of us from Nationals will be tailgating in AZ for the December game. We might have to meet up.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nationals too. I like how they have all the games on and signs under the TV's to let you know what game is going to be showing. They have all kinds of fans in there, especially Raider fans.

ryflan47
04-30-2005, 12:47 AM
After my stay in Cali, I'm already hooked. I am definitly going to look for business colleges out there, and with hearing about this redskins bar in culver city.... :D

BigCountry
04-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Which one was Marcus? Do you know the guy who used to make those Redskin arrows though the helmets? I think his name was Mike or Mikey. He was the one with the burgundy suv all Redskined out

Marcus was the black did that always started httr everytime they scored (at least when I was there) His wife also came alot too and she was pretty cool. Only other guy I can really pick out of the crowd is that guy with the long hair that was ragged on cause he kept showing up with a cowboy hat.

Cali Skins Fan
05-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Oh, that's Marcus. I know who your talking about. I was just by there tonight. I went to Johnnies Pastrami down the street.

ryflan47
05-01-2005, 01:44 AM
I miss california time!! I'm still stuck in your time zone although it's 2:43 here!

BigCountry
05-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh, that's Marcus. I know who your talking about. I was just by there tonight. I went to Johnnies Pastrami down the street.

You should try the cheese stake place right next too it with the big Eagles logo on the door. I went in there once with my jersey on and the people in there were pretty cool.

Cali Skins Fan
05-02-2005, 09:19 PM
You should try the cheese stake place right next too it with the big Eagles logo on the door. I went in there once with my jersey on and the people in there were pretty cool.

They have a few Eagles joints in the Westside. My CEO is from Philly, so we go back and forth all the time (he's been getting the better end of it lately - thank god he is a Penn State alumn - gives me some ammo). There is also a Steeler bar down the street from Joxer. A whole bunch of us Skins fans from Joxer went there to watch a preseason game a few years back. All suited up in our gear. No troubles tho.

Country - Is the cheese steak place in the same lot as Johnnie's? I'm always looking for a good cheese steak joint.

Skins57
05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
welcome to hR

swheeler
05-03-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm just now realizing how big the Cali contingent is on hR. I'll have to join you guys at Joxer some time. Welcome to the site CSF

Dept_of_Defense
05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
This site is gonna be internationally known soon. Welcome to HR.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://mmjp.org)

ryflan47
05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
It is. Ask Seebs.

chrisbcbu
05-03-2005, 04:04 PM

There are quite a few ppl from Europe. And also Mexico.

AGibbsGirl
05-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah, Jake is in Finland
Seebs and frenchskinsfan are from France
General Disorder is from Great Britian, as is flave1969
seeway is in Iceland
mexskins from Mexico

sorry if I forgot anyone.....but it's a great International site already.

BigCountry
05-03-2005, 09:15 PM
They have a few Eagles joints in the Westside. My CEO is from Philly, so we go back and forth all the time (he's been getting the better end of it lately - thank god he is a Penn State alumn - gives me some ammo). There is also a Steeler bar down the street from Joxer. A whole bunch of us Skins fans from Joxer went there to watch a preseason game a few years back. All suited up in our gear. No troubles tho.

Country - Is the cheese steak place in the same lot as Johnnie's? I'm always looking for a good cheese steak joint.

Yeah it's right before Joxor's on the side closer to Sepulveda and it's pretty good.

Cali Skins Fan
05-03-2005, 11:48 PM
mexskins from Mexico

THAT is a great name for a Skins fan from Mexico.

Country - Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.

Cali Skins Fan
05-03-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm just now realizing how big the Cali contingent is on hR. I'll have to join you guys at Joxer some time. Welcome to the site CSF

swheeler - I thought someone told me of a that Maloney's on campus has a big Skins contingent. Ever check out a game there?

swheeler
05-04-2005, 01:25 AM
I haven't yet, I'm generally kinda lazy on sundays so I usually watch from my room. I'll have to check it out though.

BigCountry
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
swheeler - I thought someone told me of a that Maloney's on campus has a big Skins contingent. Ever check out a game there?

Don't do it man. They have a nice waitress contingency but I lived like a block away from there and only went to see games when it was strictly a matter of convenience. You try to talk real football with alot of the people that go there and they look at you like you're speeking pharsi. Great place to hang out and it's gonna be my first stop in the official "21st birthday drink-a-palooza" tour in a couple of weeks, but not a good football place.

Cali Skins Fan
05-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Don't do it man. They have a nice waitress contingency but I lived like a block away from there and only went to see games when it was strictly a matter of convenience. You try to talk real football with alot of the people that go there and they look at you like you're speeking pharsi. Great place to hang out and it's gonna be my first stop in the official "21st birthday drink-a-palooza" tour in a couple of weeks, but not a good football place.

Good lookin' out Country! Let me know when the drink-a-palooza goes down. I'm down! I've been there on a weekend cruising through westwood. I caught a Dodger game there. There are some fine waitress' there fo' sho'.

Cali Skins Fan
05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
This question if for the people who don't live in the Virginia/Maryland area. Where do you stay when you go see Skins game (assuming you fly in or drive some distance and you don't have/want to stay with family)? I used to live in Sterling back in '79 (when I first became a fan) and I really don't keep in touch with anybody back east (was some time ago). I usually stay in Largo at the Comfort Inn near the McCormick lot. It's really convienent cuz the shuttles are right there to go to the stadium. The only thing that sucks is that I have to find some cool people to crash their tailgate since I don't bring my grill with me on the plane :(

whistleandthumb
05-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Alright, all you L.A. punks... let's get together and get some partying going on!! We need to all hook up and find ways to get in trouble or something. We definitely need to make a point of all getting together for the Dallas game at this joint in Culver City.

Also, I'm down with hooking up with some of you folks for just some good ol' drinks and general rowdiness. Let's figure something out.

swheeler
05-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Alright, all you L.A. punks... let's get together and get some partying going on!! We need to all hook up and find ways to get in trouble or something. We definitely need to make a point of all getting together for the Dallas game at this joint in Culver City.

Also, I'm down with hooking up with some of you folks for just some good ol' drinks and general rowdiness. Let's figure something out.

I'm all for drinking and rowdiness, but my underageness might be a problem depending on where its going down.

whitskins
05-04-2005, 08:33 PM

And I'll see you guys out there this summer :)

ryflan47
05-04-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm all for drinking and rowdiness, but my underageness might be a problem depending on where its going down.
Hahahahaha

Cali Skins Fan
05-04-2005, 09:43 PM

Let's do it! I'm all in for anything involving alcohol and rowdiness, usually in that order. I may also need a partner to use my other season ticket (would have to purchase it of course, not balling like that yet) if the people I asked can't make it. I'll keep you guys posted (Joe Gibbs Club level - if you haven't been up there, it's pretty sweet. Servers come to you, has a Humidor for you stoogie smokers. Tunnel to the seats is right in front of Hooters).

Nice to know that I have an extended "family" out there.