PDA

View Full Version : More People Who Hate Us Now

Spence
05-11-2005, 08:10 AM
KABUL, Afghanistan - Police and U.S. troops opened fire in an eastern Afghan city to control hundreds of students rioting over the alleged desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said.

Shouting "Death to America," the demonstrators smashed car and shop windows and stoned a passing convoy of American soldiers in the city of Jalalabad, near the Pakistan border. Mobs also attacked the Pakistani consulate and the office of a Swedish relief organization. No foreigners were reported hurt.

"They are very angry and are spread over all over the city," provincial intelligence chief Sardar Shah told The Associated Press. "There are police, army and Americans shooting into the air. ... We've tried to get control but I think it is impossible."

At one point, students threw stones at a group of American military vehicles, officials said. U.S. troops fired into the air before quickly leaving the area, Shah said. A U.S. military spokeswoman in Kabul had no comment.

An Associated Press Television News cameraman said the crowds grew larger and wilder after the firing and that the streets were deserted of traffic. Mobs pelted a government office and the local television station with rocks and tore down posters of President Hamid Karzai.
The demonstrations began Tuesday, when protesters burned an effigy of President Bush over a report in Newsweek magazine that interrogators at Guantanamo Bay placed Qurans on toilets in order to rattle suspects, and in at least one case "flushed a holy book down the toilet."

In Washington, the State Department said the allegations of desecration were "certainly serious and it would be important to have them be looked into."
Witnesses said students also demanded the release of all prisoners from Guantanamo, and that "American troops don't stay in Afghanistan forever" — tricky issues likely to be discussed when Karzai meets Bush in Washington later this month.

The government of neighboring Pakistan — like Afghanistan, a conservative Muslim nation and close ally in Washington's war on terrorism — on Saturday said it was "deeply dismayed" over the magazine report and called for an inquiry.

A coalition of hardline Islamic parties in Pakistan said it will hold nationwide protests on Friday, the traditional day of prayer for Muslims.Source (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050511/ap_on_re_as/afghan_us_protest)

My emphasis.

danny's stogie
05-11-2005, 08:19 AM
I thought they already hated us?

smoak
05-11-2005, 08:20 AM
I really can't argue with the protestors opinions, but I do not agree with their actions. Bush with all his talk about making allies seems to be doing nothing more than making enemies in the world. I'm not "anti-Republican" or a Democrat... I just despise what Bush has done to the country.

smoak
05-11-2005, 08:26 AM
I thought they already hated us?

I don't follow world events nearly as closely as I would have liked, but after we removed the Taliban, a lot of Afgans were very appreciative (based on my perception of media reports). The fact that the riots were students (rather than militants) and that Pakistan is concerned re: the issue weighs heavily for me. The US is seen as a tyrant bully in the world, and sometimes I can see why.

danny's stogie
05-11-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't follow world events nearly as closely as I would have liked, but after we removed the Taliban, a lot of Afgans were very appreciative (based on my perception of media reports). The fact that the riots were students (rather than militants) and that Pakistan is concerned re: the issue weighs heavily for me. The US is seen as a tyrant bully in the world, and sometimes I can see why.

You're probably right...I don't know what's better for Afghanistan, a country run by the Taliban or a country run by drug lords. Maybe they prefer the drug lords, were happy for a while and now hate the US again. Honestly, I dont' know, Bush's effervescence and the US media's reduction to a role of progagandizer has left me disillusioned and unsure as to the reality of world affairs.

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 08:54 AM
alleged[/B] desecration of Islam's holy book at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. At least two protesters were killed and more than 50 injured, officials said.

Students protestng without a whole lot of reason. Hmmm. Sounds like democracy to me.

Spence
05-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Students protestng without a whole lot of reason.I dunno about that. They take the desecration of the Koran quite seriously, just as Christian fundamentalists would take reports of Biblical desecration quite seriously. It doesn't mean that much to an agnostic or atheist, but if you're a believer...

CNYSkinFan
05-11-2005, 10:04 AM
I dunno about that. They take the desecration of the Koran quite seriously, just as Christian fundamentalists would take reports of Biblical desecration quite seriously. It doesn't mean that much to an agnostic or atheist, but if you're a believer...

I think that is the most disturbing part. The flushing of the holy book down the toilet. What possible positive outcome could be hoped for from that? It is not insensitivity, it is beyond that. It is a pure disrespect for a whole religion.

And don't give me that it is an interrogation tactic because I doubt we would flush the bible down the toilet when talking to a christian suspect.

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I dunno about that. They take the desecration of the Koran quite seriously, just as Christian fundamentalists would take reports of Biblical desecration quite seriously. It doesn't mean that much to an agnostic or atheist, but if you're a believer...
It's still alleged at this point. As long is it is, there's not a whole lot of reason to protest.

RedskinsDave
05-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah those fellas down there in Gitmo sure as hell have earned some respect. Why are they allowed to make a mockery of of Islam and our interrogators cannot?

fent
05-11-2005, 10:09 AM
It's still alleged at this point. As long is it is, there's not a whole lot of reason to protest.

judging by our proud nation's protestors, the only "reason" you need to protest is that your too lazy to shave your legs/take a shower and you got stoned last night and thought it would be a cool way to get out of work for the 4th week in a row

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:10 AM
It's still alleged at this point. As long is it is, there's not a whole lot of reason to protest.I guess I don't follow that logic at all, but considering some of the abuses committed by U.S. troops against Arab and Afghan captives that have been documented and proven, a lot of people in Afghanistan are inclined to believe these things. Especially when the U.S. government has not denied it. A protest seems like a fairly predictable and natural reaction.

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:12 AM
judging by our proud nation's protestors, the only "reason" you need to protest is that your too lazy to shave your legs/take a shower and you got stoned last night and thought it would be a cool way to get out of work for the 4th week in a rowThat's pretty much what I was thinking about all those fruitcakes camped out in Pinellas County during the Schiavo mess. And that bunch of goofballs protesting in Alabama after the Ten Commandments were removed from the courthouse. Bunch of smelly, unshaven, drug-addled right-wing freakouts. :)

fent
05-11-2005, 10:16 AM
That's pretty much what I was thinking about all those fruitcakes camped out in Pinellas County during the Schiavo mess. And that bunch of goofballs protesting in Alabama after the Ten Commandments were removed from the courthouse. Bunch of smelly, unshaven, drug-addled right-wing freakouts. :)

nothing like getting high on the most-high!

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:28 AM
nothing like getting high on the most-high!
You are kidding... right?

fent
05-11-2005, 10:30 AM
You are kidding... right?

it's a phrase that is beaten into kids in charasmatic youth groups...

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:31 AM
it's a phrase that is beaten into kids in charasmatic youth groups...
I know. I was hoping that it wasn't beaten into you!

fent
05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I know. I was hoping that it wasn't beaten into you!

they tried...they tried...

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
nothing like getting high on the most-high!I've heard that one. You see plenty of that stuff, too, in the movie "Saved." The ending of the movie ties everything together far too neatly, but the rest of the flick is pretty damn funny. I love the head of the Christian school who is desperate to be hip and shouts out to the students:

"Who wants to get down with the G-O-D?!"

Classic moment.

fent
05-11-2005, 10:34 AM
I've heard that one. You see plenty of that stuff, too, in the movie "Saved." The ending of the movie ties everything together far too neatly, but the rest of the flick is pretty damn funny. I love the head of the Christian school who is desperate to be hip and shouts out to the students:

"Who wants to get down with the G-O-D?!"

Classic moment.

another great 'hip' move is, and i quote...

ain't no party like a holy ghost party 'cause a holy ghost party don't stop

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:35 AM
:lol1:

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
ain't no party like a holy ghost party 'cause a holy ghost party don't stop
That might be the most cultish thing I've ever heard.

Cult = Unpopular religion
Religion = Popular cult

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Cue Dave... :)

RedskinsDave
Here we go again...........:rolleyes:

fent
That might be the most cultish thing I've ever heard.

it actually goes pretty well to a good go-go beat :D

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Cue Dave... :)
You called it! :lol1:

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Am I good at this or what? :)

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:42 AM
it actually goes pretty well to a good go-go beat :D
I bet. Christian music across all genres is a HUGE money maker.

fent
05-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I bet. Christian music across all genres is a HUGE money maker.

you'd be VERY surprised.

danny's stogie
05-11-2005, 10:47 AM
you'd be VERY surprised.

Take a popular song and replace the word 'Baby' with the word 'Jesus'.

fent
05-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Take a popular song and replace the word 'Baby' with the word 'Jesus'.

even beyond that, there are a lot of mainstream bands, especially in the rock genre, that got their start with christian labels and christian tours.

Spence
05-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I seem to recall an awful Christian hard rock band called Stryper. Had songs like "In God We Trust," which, in the video, they performed atop a huge mock-up of the dollar bill. I think even most Christians were embarrassed...

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I seem to recall an awful Christian hard rock band called Stryper. Had songs like "In God We Trust," which, in the video, they performed atop a huge mock-up of the dollar bill. I think even most Christians were embarrassed...
Stryper... HA! I remember them. They were one of the earliest Christian rock band attempts. At least back then, we could tell who was who, [and] everybody knew they were lame. These days, the Christian bands fold right into "mainstream" music.

I mean, really, what's the difference between fat cat music execs pushing the Ashlee Simpsons of the world down our throats or Christian labels pushing Creed? They both have commercial hooks and the revenue generated by the sales goes to one sleeze or another.

Support (real) Indee and local music baby!

fent
05-11-2005, 11:01 AM

the true question here is whether they were male or female...

RedskinsDave
05-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Support (real) Indee and local music baby!

But then they'll become famous and you won't approve listening to them anymore.

Spence
05-11-2005, 11:05 AM
I mean, really, what's the difference between fat cat music execs pushing the Ashlee Simpsons of the world down our throats or Christian labels pushing Creed? They both have commercial hooks and the revenue generated by the sales goes to one sleeze or another.Someone is going to have to answer in the Hereafter for Creed. I'd hate to be facing The Big Guy when He starts asking questions about that one.

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 11:19 AM
But then they'll become famous and you won't approve listening to them anymore.
That's not true. There are a lot of bands that make it that I like. You don't have to be a corporate whore to "make it".

My problem is with the manufacture and packaging of music acts as a product without concern for the art. There are many, MANY bands out there who actually got together on their own, write their own music and lyrics and sing their own songs. Is that too freakin' much to ask for a musical act?

I'm tired of music acts that are conceived and assembled my the music industry without any regard for the art. I mean, these days, MTV is to music what KFC is to chicken. The only thing that disgusts me more is the ignorance of the people who perpetuate the market by buying off on it.

BurgundyNGold
05-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Wow, that got off topic quick. To, to sum up, that's why more people hate us now. :D

CNYSkinFan
05-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah those fellas down there in Gitmo sure as hell have earned some respect. Why are they allowed to make a mockery of of Islam and our interrogators cannot?

The short answer is No of course not because we are better then them (the terrorists) or at least say we are.

fent
05-16-2005, 08:48 AM
apparently this story wasn't so accurate after all...

Newsweek magazine said on Sunday it erred in a May 9 report that U.S. interrogators desecrated the Koran at Guantanamo Bay, and apologized to the victims of deadly Muslim protests sparked by the article.

SOURCE (http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050516/2005-05-16T002959Z_01_N15405868_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-RELIGION-AFGHAN-NEWSWEEK-DC.html)

RedskinsDave
05-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Nice work Newsweek.

and apologized to the victims of deadly Muslim protests sparked by the article.

Isn't that sweet, an apology.

CNYSkinFan
05-16-2005, 09:51 AM
If Newsweek erred this is the equivalent of yelling Fire in a crowded theater.

However this is another case of a source saying something and then mysteriously changing the story later on.

I don't know who is at fault here.

RedskinsDave
05-16-2005, 09:54 AM
If Newsweek erred this is the equivalent of yelling Fire in a crowded theater.

However this is another case of a source saying something and then mysteriously changing the story later on.

I don't know who is at fault here.

Newsweek is. They printed it.

CNYSkinFan
05-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Newsweek is. They printed it.

Printing an article does not make you liable. M If they had a credible source that lied to them then the source is culpable as well.

This smacks to me like the CBS story flap though. Where a source is discredited but not the actual charges and the media is blamed. We don't discuss the charges just the controversey now.

I will give this to Newsweek, they came out and said they might have been wrong which is more then our administration ever has done.

RedskinsDave
05-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh okay. Newsweek prints an article that cause RIOTS and ARTICLES ABOUT HOW HATED AMERICA IS and you think they should get a pass for saying "sorry". That's pathetic.

CNYSkinFan
05-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Oh okay. Newsweek prints an article that cause RIOTS and ARTICLES ABOUT HOW HATED AMERICA IS and you think they should get a pass for saying "sorry". That's pathetic.

That is not what I said Dave and you know it. If they printed it and they knew it was wrong they are criminally responsible. If they printed it and they did not do enough fact checking then they are responsible as well (although not criminally).

So far all that is being said is the source can not now verify that particular piece of information but it still may be true. This is just like the CBS National Guard controversey. E veryone focused on the forged documents but nobody cared that the documents although forged accurately reflected the facts of the matter.

The source is where I would look for culpability here. But go ahead bash the media .....again. This is a direct result of the secretive unapologetic nature of this administration. Sure the Newsweek article may have been the spark that caused the fire but the Bush administration was the one who provided the dried wood. The middle east is a powderkep waiting to explode on ANYTHING because of the lies that led to the war about Irag and the other prisoner torture/desecration stories that have been proven to be true.

But go ahead blame the media. IF they would stop reporting the bad things going on we could just call it a success and smile.

Dexter72
05-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Newsweek did the leg work; they even had the editors of ProFootballTalk double-check their sources.

Spence
05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Isikoff going with a story with only one source is incredibly irresponsible. He's a pretty effective investigative reporter [the right wing loved him when he broke the story about Bill Clinton's oral sex arrangements with Monica Lewinsky] so I'm not sure why he turned off his antennae in this case. I can only suppose that he got this story from a source who had always proven to be extremely reliable in the past and this time was different. I'm not sure what other plausible explanation there is for a veteran reporter like Isikoff. He stuffed this one up pretty badly.

I must say I got a big belly laugh out of Pentagon spokesman Larry Di Rita demanding full accountability at Newsweek for this false story. The irony of that shouldn't be lost on anyone. I suppose Newsweek could refuse to admit any mistakes and then claim those who are criticizing them are doing so because they hate freedom and human rights. Call it the Rumsfeld Doctrine. Worked pretty well for him anyway.

BurgundyNGold
05-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I guess I don't follow that logic at all, but considering some of the abuses committed by U.S. troops against Arab and Afghan captives that have been documented and proven, a lot of people in Afghanistan are inclined to believe these things. Especially when the U.S. government has not denied it. A protest seems like a fairly predictable and natural reaction.
It's sure a good thing that these protesters didn't go off half cocked, eh? That's why I reiterated that these were still alleged. I'm all for protests to accomplish a goal, but you'd better have the side or right behind you or you might actually hurt your cause.

CNYSkinFan
05-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Isikoff going with a story with only one source is incredibly irresponsible. He's a pretty effective investigative reporter [the right wing loved him when he broke the story about Bill Clinton's oral sex arrangements with Monica Lewinsky] so I'm not sure why he turned off his antennae in this case. I can only suppose that he got this story from a source who had always proven to be extremely reliable in the past and this time was different. I'm not sure what other plausible explanation there is for a veteran reporter like Isikoff. He stuffed this one up pretty badly.

I must say I got a big belly laugh out of Pentagon spokesman Larry Di Rita demanding full accountability at Newsweek for this false story. The irony of that shouldn't be lost on anyone. I suppose Newsweek could refuse to admit any mistakes and then claim those who are criticizing them are doing so because they hate freedom and human rights. Call it the Rumsfeld Doctrine. Worked pretty well for him anyway.

Isokoff was off a few times last year as well. I think he is losing his touch. It is too bad he used to be one of the sure fire reads.

camasterton
05-16-2005, 12:21 PM

Awesome! Rationalization at it's best!

Spence
05-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Awesome! Rationalization at it's best!My goodness, a Cam sighting! I was sure you would have been in here months ago to denounce torture in all its forms, but it never happened. Funny that. :)

camasterton
05-16-2005, 02:39 PM
My goodness, a Cam sighting! I was sure you would have been in here months ago to denounce torture in all its forms, but it never happened. Funny that. :)
I've been spending my waking days in the pursuit of good and constructive enterprise, as a supervisor of 11 precincts charged with re-electing George W. Bush. What success for America! I've not had moments to comment on the continued decay of journalism or whatever it is now you call your sources. I have though taken notice of the continued "circle-jerk" of pride to the left of me.
Keep up the good work on HR, it is a pleasant distraction.

Spence
05-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Jack Shafer at Slate has a good column on what went wrong with the Newsweek story:Newsweek's initial reluctance to climb down is understandable. To begin with, the lead reporter was one of its investigative aces, Michael Isikoff. Next, the abuse of some Gitmo detainees by religious-taboo-busting interrogators has been officially acknowledged. Former Gitmo translator Erik Saar makes such charges in a new book titled Inside the Wire, although he did not make the Quran allegation in a May 4 interview on Democracy Now. However, an October 2004 lawsuit by Gitmo detainees does accuse one guard of throwing a Quran into a toilet bucket and another of kicking a Quran, adding plausibility to the story.

How did Newsweek get into this fix? Critics are right to damn the magazine for its over-reliance on an anonymous source and for taking the non-denial of a Pentagon source—to whom it showed the story prior to publication—as a kind of confirmation. As Isikoff told the Post, "We relied on sources we had every reason to trust and gave the Pentagon ample opportunity to comment."

But Newsweek also made a third blunder worth dissecting: It let its anonymous source predict the contents of a future government document, a journalistic no-no as far as I'm concerned. Many years ago at a newspaper job far, far away, my attorney David Andich cautioned me and my writers against publishing what anonymous government officials said would be in their reports. He also told us to be especially wary of the prosecutor who informed us—confidentially, of course—that he was going to indict the deputy mayor next Tuesday. If you commit those stories to print and the report or indictment doesn't contain the information your source predicted, you will find yourself in a world of legal hurt, he said.

In my mind's eye I can see Andich reviewing the Newsweek copy. The Quran findings were "expected" to be part of the military report. "Expected by whom?" Andich would have said. "Can't you wait until you have a draft or the final document in hand to report that they were included? What's your hurry?"Source (http://www.slate.com/id/2118826/)

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 10:30 AM
I've been spending my waking days in the pursuit of good and constructive enterprise, as a supervisor of 11 precincts charged with re-electing George W. Bush. What success for America! I've not had moments to comment on the continued decay of journalism or whatever it is now you call your sources. I have though taken notice of the continued "circle-jerk" of pride to the left of me.
Keep up the good work on HR, it is a pleasant distraction.

11 whole precincts? wow. You must be proud. What is that like 2 or 3 neighborhoods?

RedskinsDave
05-17-2005, 10:38 AM
11 whole precincts? wow. You must be proud. What is that like 2 or 3 neighborhoods?

Jealous?

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Jealous?

Not quite I just hate resume droppers when the resume doesnt amount to much.

camasterton
05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
No big man, this is red country. They (the precincts) are quite a bit larger in geographic area than a bursting at the seams, city. You actually couldn't walk it if you tried, they being swelled parts of two counties. And yes I am proud!

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 11:00 AM
No big man, this is red country. They (the precincts) are quite a bit larger in geographic area than a bursting at the seams, city. You actually couldn't walk it if you tried, they being swelled parts of two counties. And yes I am proud!
Well good job there getting people to vote Bush in a Red state. I think I will take credit for people voting Kerry in Boston.

fent
05-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Well good job there getting people to vote Bush in a Red state. I think I will take credit for people voting Kerry in Boston.

if you don't work to get people to vote for him, it wouldn't be a red state. no matter the leaning, you still have to work pretty dadgum hard.

camasterton
05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
I guess you can take your fill of credit from others exercise. Enjoy.

Spence
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
you still have to work pretty dadgum hard.I'm putting you on double secret probation for unauthorized usage of the word "dadgum." Your toga party privileges have been revoked until further notice.

camasterton
05-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm putting you on double secret probation for unauthorized usage of the word "dadgum." Your toga party privileges have been revoked until further notice.
There is a new Pixar movie coming this or next year (maybe you've already discussed and so the reason for the dsp) and the trailer has a character that say's "dagum!" so hilariously, my children have repeated it too often to tell. So have thier mates. We better get used to it.

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 11:14 AM
I guess you can take your fill of credit from others exercise. Enjoy.

You know this isn't even the first time this week I have had my weight used in the Potomac as an insult. Really. If you want to go there go ahead. I am pretty thick skin (pun intended) however it just shows your ignorance.

But alas that is what the right's arguments usually boil down to...uttter contempt for humanity as a whole.

RedskinsDave
05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
You know this isn't even the first time this week I have had my weight used in the Potomac as an insult. Really. If you want to go there go ahead. I am pretty thick skin (pun intended) however it just shows your ignorance.

But alas that is what the right's arguments usually boil down to...uttter contempt for humanity as a whole.

Someone wake up on the bitter side of the bed today? I'd say since you opened the personal stuff when you tried to bust on Cam's campaigning.

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Someone wake up on the bitter side of the bed today? I'd say since you opened the personal stuff when you tried to bust on Cam's campaigning.

Campaigning isn't personal it's political.....but as I said I could care less on whether someone busts on my wieght. It just proves their ignorance.

camasterton
05-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Not quite I just hate resume droppers when the resume doesnt amount to much.
Start from the word hate, then go forward or back on this thread to your posts, ref: my posts and see where the "ignorance" starts and ends. Shall we start over?

RedskinsDave
05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Campaigning isn't personal it's political.....but as I said I could care less on whether someone busts on my wieght. It just proves their ignorance.

Well your attempt to belittle his campaign region doesn't exactly grant you express access into mensa either. It's his job. That's as personal as your weight.

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Start from the word hate, then go forward or back on this thread to your posts, ref: my posts and see where the "ignorance" starts and ends. Shall we start over?

No need to start over. I stand by my words. I do hate resume droppers. I hate it in real life I hate it in here. You think that calls for a shot at my girth go ahead. As I said it won't be the first time. It shows your ignorance.

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Well your attempt to belittle his campaign region doesn't exactly grant you express access into mensa either. It's his job. That's as personal as your weight.

Probably not. point taken. The difference being he posted his job in a debate forum...i don't remember posting my wieght as part of a political discussion.

camasterton
05-17-2005, 11:36 AM
No need to start over. I stand by my words. I do hate resume droppers. I hate it in real life I hate it in here. You think that calls for a shot at my girth go ahead. As I said it won't be the first time. It shows your ignorance.
That was not my resume'. I am not in the habit of offering my resume' when uncalled for. I playfully answered a spence query. Seems some other ignorance, hatefulness and slights began. Facts sit fat upon the page!

fent
05-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm putting you on double secret probation for unauthorized usage of the word "dadgum." Your toga party privileges have been revoked until further notice.

at least it's the toga parties i lost out on, mom still hasn't found the sheets from the last one...

CNYSkinFan
05-17-2005, 11:38 AM
That was not my resume'. I am not in the habit of offering my resume' when uncalled for. I playfully answered a spence query. Seems some other ignorance, hatefulness and slights began. Facts sit fat upon the page!

Very clever once again.

camasterton
05-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Alas, the Potomac still runs bitter and wayward.