PDA

View Full Version : The Wave!!

chrisbcbu
08-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Isnt the whole point of the wave to disrupt the others team offense? Why was everyone doing it when our offense was on the field?? That had me baffled, tho i did hear it was quite a good Wave, but just bad timing for it.

We got to work on our timing. And we have to stop Booing our players no matter what.

CapitalDefense
08-20-2005, 08:59 AM
The guys on the radio broadcast said the same thing that you did. Do not do the wave when our offense has the ball!!!! Then they laughed it off and said it was the preseason for the fans too.

skins74
08-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Its pre season their timing is off......

skins lady
08-20-2005, 09:14 AM
I wasn't there so be honest, how many of you boo'd the players? I heard the booing on TV so it was pretty loud. I probably would have done the same but I agree with chris, I'll have to stop no matter what.

redskin_rich
08-20-2005, 09:25 AM
The stadium was half filled at best and out of that, only half were watching the game. Starting the wave while we were on offense was an embarrassment and really pissed me off.
Only once during the game did the crowd get into the swing of things and it was after the defense stuffed a Cincy run for a 10 yd loss. Other than that, the only noise made was when there was some booing.

BandWagon
08-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Its pre season their timing is off......

Somebody routinely starts the wave on offense week in and week out. It's miserable.

SonnyandSam
08-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I hate the wave!! :banghead: You're at a sporting event to WATCH the professional athletes!

This happened all last year. So much for Redskins fans being so knowledgable! It is not just the preseason fans....it is also the regular fans.

I just don't get it. The noise last night was not too bad. But last year there were times when the Skins were backed into their own endzone and the roar would occur while Brunell or Ramsey were barking signals.

They even flash for quiet on the JumboTron when the fans start the wave and we are on offense.....but they would rather have their juvenile fun.....

The wave has no place at a football stadium..

what idiots.....

BurgundyNGold
08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
The wave is a pointless activity used to entertain dolts and small children. Whoever invented it should be brought up on trial for crimes against intelligence.

smoak
08-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Isnt the whole point of the wave to disrupt the others team offense? Why was everyone doing it when our offense was on the field?? That had me baffled, tho i did hear it was quite a good Wave, but just bad timing for it.

We got to work on our timing. And we have to stop Booing our players no matter what.

Oh lord, we did that again? Redskins fans are slipping every year. We've gone from a proud and intelligent fan base to a shade better than Filthadelphia filthy dans.

straightupbeast
08-20-2005, 06:40 PM
the wave is the stupidest thing in sports. People who partake are too busy waiting for their turn to stand up and throw their arms up when they should be watching the game and cheering on their team.

bfauble83
08-20-2005, 08:42 PM
It was pretty ridiculous. It also made no sense that after the punt the wave stopped. The PA announcer even sounded a little annoyed when after one of the plays (1st or 2nd down) he said ITS "THE REDSKINS BALL"...first and ten. He sort of said the Its the Redskins Ball part a little louder and with a little more bass in his voice. Maybe he didn't really say it any different than usual, but it sounded different to me.

Ibleedburgundy
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
I think the knowledgable fans just need to take a leadership role. 93,000 people are hard to control but if one guy in each section stands up to quiet the place down and kill the wave while we are on offense, it might help. Also, booing our own players is unacceptable especially when we have a starting QB that is trying to build some confidence and let's not forget he was our man last year! The booers need to be frowned upon. STand up and make thgat flapping/quiet down motion, maybe it can stop some of them. Lead by example.

ryflan47
08-20-2005, 10:43 PM
We have found the key to our Quarterback woes!
Stop the wave on O, and do it on D!

skinsdude
08-21-2005, 12:28 PM
It was pretty ridiculous. It also made no sense that after the punt the wave stopped. The PA announcer even sounded a little annoyed when after one of the plays (1st or 2nd down) he said ITS "THE REDSKINS BALL"...first and ten. He sort of said the Its the Redskins Ball part a little louder and with a little more bass in his voice. Maybe he didn't really say it any different than usual, but it sounded different to me.

I noticed the PA announcer's comment as well. The wave will slow down a bit once the regular season starts, but even then there will be some moron that want to start it. I don't even like to see it when the opponent has the ball. To me it just shows that someone invoved in the wave is concentrating on something other than the game, and in my opinion thats unacceptable.

IMALILTEAPOT
08-21-2005, 01:32 PM
i think its ok to do the wave during the commercial breaks and timeouts and stuff. i mean, the crowd just wants to have fun. but they shouldnt be allowed to do it during gameplay