PDA

View Full Version : Name the Game

CNYSkinFan
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Lavartalor gave me an interesting idea. Why not have a thread on some names we would like to call the win on Monday. Much like Denver has "the Dricve" or we have "the quarter" in the superbowl vs. Denver etc.

Ny nominee is "The Ring of Infamy Game". Still can't believe those cow pukes tried to use us as their homecoming game.

CornerBlitz
09-21-2005, 08:01 PM
I think "Dallas Homecoming Horror" or "Monday Night Miracle".

CNYSkinFan
09-21-2005, 08:12 PM
I was thinking something like "The Miracle on Monday" too

C-7
09-21-2005, 08:13 PM
"Redskins Redemption"

redskin_rich
09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
"Redskins Redemption"
I was thinking the exact same thing. Here are some others but they all seem stock to me.

Dallas demise
Shock and awe
Midnight miracle
Redskins resurrection
Homecoming horror
5 minutes of Burgundy Bliss
Redskins Revenge (10 years in the making)

C-7
09-21-2005, 08:22 PM
How about "Payback Overdue" ?

CNYSkinFan
09-21-2005, 08:22 PM
"Redskins Redemption"

I like that one!!!!

Redskinmayhem
09-21-2005, 08:29 PM
"Redskins Redemption"

I like it...Or Redskin resurrection

CornerBlitz
09-21-2005, 08:30 PM
I like it...Or Redskin resurrection
Ya we will see about the resurrection! I love redskins redemtion by 7.

C-7
09-21-2005, 08:42 PM
I like that one!!!!

Hey, I got it from your article: Vision Quest: Redemption!

redskin_rich
09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
I think we are going to have to wait until after this year to really frame this game. It will always be a classic but we need to see where we go from here.

KMDeMuth
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
"karma"

CNYSkinFan
09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey, I got it from your article: Vision Quest: Redemption!

heheheh That is why I like it!!!!

C-7
09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Sweet Revenge
Never Say Never
Monkey Off Our Backs
Gunning for Dallas
It Happened

Ibleedburgundy
09-21-2005, 08:55 PM
The Santana Extravaganza

GibbsRules!
09-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Moss is Boss in Little D
Jerrys Nightmare
Roy Destroyed
Gibbs' Revival
Redskins Revival
Rivalry Reborn

RedskinsVision
09-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Four Minutes to Heaven

redskin_rich
09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
The 11th hour awakening

The rivalry rebirth

Redskins revenge

The Santana stunner

GibbsRules!
09-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Texas Toast
The Pin Drop Game
The Last Word
Burgundy Backlash

28thegreat
09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
How about "Santana Claus Coming to Town"

BIGSEF3
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
4th and 15

bwparker
09-21-2005, 10:13 PM
4 minute Bomb

BigCountry
09-21-2005, 10:16 PM
The Gatorade game

redskin_rich
09-21-2005, 10:18 PM
4th and 15
I think that might just be a winner, of course we need to wait and see how the rest of the season goes but that makes a nice sequel to the famous 4th and 1 Super Bowl play against Miami.

redwolf1218
09-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Doomsday in Dallas.

RoanokeSkin
09-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Capital Punishment in Big D

BurgundyNGold
09-22-2005, 07:00 AM
ESPN has been calling it the "Dallass Debacle", but I do like the "Monday Night Miracle".

CNYSkinFan
09-22-2005, 07:28 AM
ESPN has been calling it the "Dallass Debacle", but I do like the "Monday Night Miracle".

Why is it always about Dallas' defeat rather then our victory here. It is driving me crazy. It is not like they fumbled the ball or threw an interception. It was our offense that came alive and Brunelll who threw two PERFECT throws to Moss. Any longer it would not have been caught, any shorter and it would have been intercepted.

No Washington is the one who caused the action and so Dallas gets nothing on the name for me.

Anyways I like Monday Night Miracle or Redskin Redemption

Maybe we should do a poll?

BurgundyNGold
09-22-2005, 07:31 AM
Why is it always about Dallas' defeat rather then our victory here. It is driving me crazy. It is not like they fumbled the ball or threw an interception. It was our offense that came alive and Brunelll who threw two PERFECT throws to Moss. Any longer it would not have been caught, any shorter and it would have been intercepted.

No Washington is the one who caused the action and so Dallas gets nothing on the name for me.

I like the Redskins positive name too, but I actually have not problem with a name that will remind Dallass of their shame and will forever tarnish that tin star of theirs. :devil2:

Ibleedburgundy
09-22-2005, 09:21 AM

agree 100%., This is about us, not them. These three are my favorites so far:

Moss is Boss in little D

Capital Punishment in big d

The Santana Extravaganza

remaxjon
09-22-2005, 09:26 AM
I don't no what Dallas paper it was but the headline read

MOSS'D UP

You couldn't slap the smile of my face after seeing it.

hokieskins
09-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Spoiled Tuna :dalassuk:

MoeRedskins
09-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Ring of Shame Game
One Minute Eleven Seconds
Bombs over Dallas
Ring of Honour Game
Hurricane Santana

GWBlitzST
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Capital Punishment in Big D
We Have A Winner!! That is QUALITY.

Sweepea436
09-22-2005, 10:03 AM
I like that

Redskin-4-life
09-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I liked Capital Punishment in Big D and Redskins redemption. How bout setting up a poll for the top names?

CNYSkinFan
09-22-2005, 11:49 AM
I liked Capital Punishment in Big D and Redskins redemption. How bout setting up a poll for the top names?

I will do that soon...lets let the thread run more. Maybe I will use it as a focus for my VQ Bye week article. I am thinking maybe Monday.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Lavartalor gave me an interesting idea. Why not have a thread on some names we would like to call the win on Monday. Much like Denver has "the Dricve" or we have "the quarter" in the superbowl vs. Denver etc.

Ny nominee is "The Ring of Infamy Game". Still can't believe those cow pukes tried to use us as their homecoming game.
Honestly, I was expecting this to happen :)

whistleandthumb
09-22-2005, 12:05 PM
I like Monday Night Miracle. I'm not a fan of game names that include the team in them. I like the more ambiguous ones like Music City Miracle, The Catch, Immaculate Reception, etc.

The Girls have the Thanksgiving Day Massacre. So, since Monday's game was one of the best ever for MNF, and it was such a huge, improbable win, I think Monday Night Miracle is perfect.

Skins-R-Us
09-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I think it has to reference the the Ring to some extent otherwise it could be any other Dallas game. How about...

Tarnished Ring

rocky12
09-22-2005, 12:16 PM
i like "Hurricane Santana"

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Monday Night Miracle sounds good, but we need something extra IMO so that it cannot be confounded with that Indy-TB game, and I would also like a name with the whole Induction thing.... so that they remember when that game happened....

openallnight
09-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Damn, alot of good ones here.
Ever since the win I've personally referred to it as:
The Revival of the Rivalry
Comeback Payback - For ALL the times dallas has stolen games from us at the end

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 12:28 PM
I think it has to reference the the Ring to some extent otherwise it could be any other Dallas game. How about...

Tarnished Ring
lol, great minds think alike.... :)

ArtMonk4HOF
09-22-2005, 12:33 PM
"Battle at Wounded D"

BIGSEF3
09-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Why is it always about Dallas' defeat rather then our victory here.

I think the focus is on Dallas defeat for the following Reasons:

1. Dallas won 14 of the last 15 between us, and they were favored in this game as well.
2. It was a home game for Dallas, and The skins had not beaten Dallas at home in a decade.
3. Dallas was inducting thier 3 stooges into their ring of honor or whatever they called it.
4. Gibbs was 8-0 against Parcells.
5. Parcells was 77-0 with a lead going into the 4th.
6.. Dallas had played 56 minutes of greatfootball and had a shut out on their hands.

With all that, there was absolutely NO REASON that the skins should have won that game. Dallas should have won that game, and it was apparent before the game, going into the half, and with 4 minutes left, Dallas fell apart.

Sure, the SKins made some AWESOME PLAYS, but there is no reason on earth Brunell should have scrambled for 25 yards on 3rd and 27. There is no reason Dallas should have allowed us to come back. Yes, the skins "came back," but we couldnt have done it if Dallas hadnt fallen apart.

Either way, we won the game, and I kind of like how much the media is trashing dallas. Theyve been doing it to us for so long, its their turn now!

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I think the focus is on Dallas defeat for the following Reasons:

1. Dallas won 14 of the last 15 between us, and they were favored in this game as well.
2. It was a home game for Dallas, and The skins had not beaten Dallas at home in a decade.
3. Dallas was inducting thier 3 stooges into their ring of honor or whatever they called it.
4. Gibbs was 8-0 against Parcells.
5. Parcells was 77-0 with a lead going into the 4th.
6.. Dallas had played 56 minutes of greatfootball and had a shut out on their hands.

With all that, there was absolutely NO REASON that the skins should have won that game. Dallas should have won that game, and it was apparent before the game, going into the half, and with 4 minutes left, Dallas fell apart.

Sure, the SKins made some AWESOME PLAYS, but there is no reason on earth Brunell should have scrambled for 25 yards on 3rd and 27. There is no reason Dallas should have allowed us to come back. Yes, the skins "came back," but we couldnt have done it if Dallas hadnt fallen apart.

Either way, we won the game, and I kind of like how much the media is trashing dallas. Theyve been doing it to us for so long, its their turn now!
Why do you always find a way to make me doubt that you are not a Redskin fan? The thing that I don't honestly know is if you are an Eagle, Cowgirl.... I don't really know now.

Joe-T
09-22-2005, 02:31 PM
The Good ,the Bad and the ugly !

C-7
09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Man I'm getting tired of this guy.

31 - 7

bigsetz
09-22-2005, 02:43 PM
4th and Goal

Remeber the AlaMOSS

The Raindance

Gibbs Eats Tuna

Redskins SuperNova!!

Sweepea436
09-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Crunchtime Comeback

BurgundyNGold
09-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Why do you always find a way to make me doubt that you are not a Redskin fan? The thing that I don't honestly know is if you are an Eagle, Cowgirl.... I don't really know now.
I can vouch for BIGSEF. He is a Redskin fan. He's just a little "confused", lol.

Redblood
09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
"The Ring of Honor game!"

And we stole it!

:dalassuk: :dalassuk:

IMALILTEAPOT
09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
have we found one? i like The moss miracle

C-7
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
If he can, CNY should start the poll in this same thread so we can decide this once and for all.

skinsfan1019
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Homecoming Horror

C-7
09-22-2005, 03:03 PM
"The Ring of Honor game!"

And we stole it!

:dalassuk: :dalassuk:

Lol! How about "The Ring of Shame Game" ?

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Lol! How about "The Ring of Shame Game" ?
I'm leaning toward this one also... Hopefully we could be able to get some Redskins or Moss stuff in it...

BurgundyNGold
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm leaning toward this one also... Hopefully we could be able to get some Redskins or Moss stuff in it...
Yeah, but the honorees didn't shame anybody. The Ring didn't Shame anybody either. I would prefer something like the "Monday Night Miracle" already mentioned or perhaps "Return to Glory".

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah, but the honorees didn't shame anybody. The Ring didn't Shame anybody either. I would prefer something like the "Monday Night Miracle" already mentioned or perhaps "Return to Glory".
The thing that I don't like about "Monday Night Miracle" is that it can be confounded with the games IND-TB, Jets-Miami (I think I'm right), etc. IMO we need something unique

IMALILTEAPOT
09-22-2005, 05:46 PM
The thing that I don't like about "Monday Night Miracle" is that it can be confounded with the games IND-TB, Jets-Miami (I think I'm right), etc. IMO we need something unique
thats why I like The Moss Miracle. But I think what people will probably call it is "The Comeback"

BurgundyNGold
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
That's true. I kinda like the "Dallass Debacle", but CNY pointed out that it makes it seem like Dallass lost it more that we won it. I don't know. How about "Hitting Our Stride", "Moss Magic" or "Coles Who?"

redskin_rich
09-22-2005, 05:51 PM
How about 'The start of a new streak'.

whistleandthumb
09-22-2005, 06:11 PM
How about 'The start of a new streak'.
But what if we lose every other game this season? Then that becomes a not-so-good name. Plus, you don't want a name that only We, as Redskin fans, will remember. Including player names in the name of the game will make the name specific to us, as fans, and we want a name for this game that will place it in context to other "great" games or moments.

No one has claimed Monday Night Miracle. I understand there have been other comebacks on MNF, but if we lay claim to the name now, it'll be ours. Just like if the Titans have several other come-from-behind games, people still won't confuse those games with the Music City Miracle, even though that name could be identified as rather "generic" to the Titans.

Monday Night Miracle is the best I've heard... so far. Maybe there's something else great that is still out there. Remember, you want a name that is broad, but sounds magical, in a way. Again, as I said earlier, think of other great "game names." It's not called "Montana's Great Throw to Beat Dallas." It's called... "The Catch." That's so much more... special. It's not "Franco's Great Grab," it's, "The Immaculate Reception."

redskin_rich
09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
But what if we lose every other game this season? Then that becomes a not-so-good name. Plus, you don't want a name that only We, as Redskin fans, will remember. Including player names in the name of the game will make the name specific to us, as fans, and we want a name for this game that will place it in context to other "great" games or moments.

I just meant in the context of Skins/Cowgirls games. It was tongue in cheek but hopefully it will be the first of many more wins over Dallass.

whistleandthumb
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I just meant in the context of Skins/Cowgirls games. It was tongue in cheek but hopefully it will be the first of many more wins over Dallass.
I agree... and hope that this IS the start of a new streak!!

How about we just call it ***CENSORED BY SPENCE*** DALLAS!!!

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM

No one has claimed Monday Night Miracle. I understand there have been other comebacks on MNF, but if we lay claim to the name now, it'll be ours. Just like if the Titans have several other come-from-behind games, people still won't confuse those games with the Music City Miracle, even though that name could be identified as rather "generic" to the Titans.

Monday Night Miracle is the best I've heard... so far. Maybe there's something else great that is still out there. Remember, you want a name that is broad, but sounds magical, in a way. Again, as I said earlier, think of other great "game names." It's not called "Montana's Great Throw to Beat Dallas." It's called... "The Catch." That's so much more... special. It's not "Franco's Great Grab," it's, "The Immaculate Reception."
Man, this is getting very complicated, yet entertaining.... We need more ideas.

C-7
09-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Man, this is getting very complicated, yet entertaining.... We need more ideas.

What we need is a poll with good options.

redskin_rich
09-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I agree... and hope that this IS the start of a new streak!!

How about we just call it ***CENSORED BY SPENCE*** DALLAS!!!
Sounds good to me!

inevitable
09-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Texas Toast is a really good name. Short, to the point. Kinda like "Music City Miracle"

It's also easy to type, "Hey, remember the Texas Toast game?"

Biggie
09-22-2005, 06:32 PM
The End.

No one outside of D.C. will ever call it that, but I still like it, because it really is the end of their constant domination of us.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
How about "Miraculmoss Monday"?

HAWGZHEAD
09-22-2005, 07:05 PM
"Tuesday Morning Surprise" For eveyone that went to bed in the 3rd quarter.

HAWGZHEAD
09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
"Droppin Bombs on ya Moms"

bigsetz
09-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Falling Stars...

The End is Near...

The Unimaginable...

The Double Whammy!!...

Tell me what you think... (thats not a title)

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Falling Stars...

The End is Near...

The Unimaginable...

The Double Whammy!!...

Tell me what you think... (thats not a title)
A shame... I was starting to like the "Tell me what you think" game

greatest2
09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Moss's Midnight Miracle

HAWGZHEAD
09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Moss's Midnight Miracle
That may be a winner.. :awesomewo

whistleandthumb
09-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Moss's Midnight Miracle
That excludes all the other people who contributed, though. I mean, Moss may not even be a factor in the game if Brunell doesn't scramble for 25 yards. And who threw all these miracle passes to Moss? And what about Nick Novack, who saved the game for us? Or Sean Taylor, who made a game saving hit to cause an incompletion? Or Flozell Adams, who made a game saving hold?

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 08:26 PM
That excludes all the other people who contributed, though. I mean, Moss may not even be a factor in the game if Brunell doesn't scramble for 25 yards. And who threw all these miracle passes to Moss? And what about Nick Novack, who saved the game for us? Or Sean Taylor, who made a game saving hit to cause an incompletion? Or Flozell Adams, who made a game saving hold?
lol, i tell you, this is very complicated... not as easy as "the catch" or the "immaculate reception"

I was starting to like the name, but I agree with you

akhhorus
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
On Any Given Tuesday?

Skins-R-Us
09-22-2005, 08:40 PM
How about "The Heist" Because we stole the Ring game in the last few minutes...

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-22-2005, 08:40 PM
On Any Given Tuesday?
Tuesday?

Skins-R-Us
09-22-2005, 08:46 PM
It all happened after midnight... which reminds me... how about "After Midnight" and then we can have a cool song (slow beer commercial version)to go with the highlight real. The entire 4 minutes of excitement would probably fit within the song!

akhhorus
09-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Tuesday?

The winning touchdown happened after midnight I beleive. I know the game ended after midnight.

AshlynSkins
09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
remember the Duran Sugar Ray fight where Duran called it quits, while how about the game being named:

"No Moss" very similiar to Duran saying No more

I know Stupid, but different.

CowboyKilla
09-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Santana Bonanza

Biggie
09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
I like the "Early Hours Game" or "After Midnight Game" "Late Night with Santana Moss" or something along those lines.

redwolf1218
09-22-2005, 09:36 PM
my favorite. and welcome.

swheeler
09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=29090

A poll to at least narrow it down. Mods please merge... thanks.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-23-2005, 11:12 AM
The winning touchdown happened after midnight I beleive. I know the game ended after midnight.
Sorry, I was thinking CT :) Here it ended before midnight.

ChiefPowhatan17
09-23-2005, 12:18 PM
the tuesday morning miracle.
Monday night divine intervention.
A rolling safety gathers no moss.
Moss grows on cowboy turf.
Battle of Brunell secures Redskins Country.

whistleandthumb
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
the tuesday morning miracle.
Monday night divine intervention.
A rolling safety gathers no moss.
Moss grows on cowboy turf.
Battle of Brunell secures Redskins Country.
Dude, it's the name of a game, not the headline for the paper the next morning.

BurgundyNGold
09-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Dude, it's the name of a game, not the headline for the paper the next morning.
Michaels: Redskins Win! :)

BurgundyNGold
09-23-2005, 12:43 PM
I think I'm going with "Rivalry Renewed". All of the other names are great too, even though some might be over the top. In the end, however, that's exaclty what happened. We had lost 14 of 15 and 9 straight down in Dallass. Danny had NEVER won there. Even when we had better teams and had beaten them on the field, we still found a way to lose. The rivalry was a joke to anybody not in Redskins Nation. The Dallass fans were running out of ways to exclaim that they owned us.

Until Monday night. Out of the fury of just over a minute of football, the rivalry was renewed. The pain of 10 years of Dallass games was almost washed away by a victory so improbable, so surreal and so emotionally draining that it will forever be spoken in the same breath as the greatest games in the rivalry. We got the monkey off of our back. We can win against Dallass again.

IMO, the other names just doesn't sum that up as well as "Rivalry Renewed".

SimplyZ
09-23-2005, 03:48 PM
The final 5

Patience is a virtue

3 cowboys, 2 bombs, and a redskin victory

Dallas demolition

10 year comeback

PotomacGator
09-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Getting Burned: The Roy Williams Story

wewantdallas
09-24-2005, 12:19 PM
"Excorcism in Little D"

Cuz we finally cast out those Cowgirl demons!

wewantdallas
09-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Or this:

"Manbreast Reduction"

bgforever
09-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Rope a Dope!

In a Heavyweight Title Fight in Zaire, Africa, Muhammad Ali and George Foreman went at it. Ali took the punches most of the fight, constantly deflecting them and then in the last round, Ali unleashed a barrage of punches to Foreman's surprise and sent the giant to the canvas and won the title!

GloryHog
09-24-2005, 02:02 PM

Dead Monkey Monday!

TAFKAS
09-24-2005, 02:27 PM
We've been trying to think of some names over on The Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=7965&highlight=horror) as well

GibbsRules!
09-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Or this:
"Manbreast Reduction"

:lol1:

dabro
09-24-2005, 02:47 PM
"The Big Win"

Monk4HOF
09-24-2005, 03:03 PM
"Tuesday Morning Ambush"

they never saw it coming...

Monk4HOF
09-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Others...

"The 2 Minute Drill"

"Gather No Moss"

"Double Jeopardy"

Only time will tell on these...

"Parcell's Last Stand"

"The Momentum Shift"

colkurtz
09-24-2005, 04:22 PM
"Rising from the Dead"

"Snatching Victory from the Jaws of the Tuna"

Brunell Proves Rumors of an Arm Transplant

Rich77
09-25-2005, 03:11 PM

My nominee is:

Miracle in Dallas or Disaster in Dallas.

Think of Louisana, think of destruction.
Think of Dallas, think of disaster, meltdown.

Putting Dallas's name in there really takes the shine away from their star, demeans them which they deserve, and stings them personally. Let's rub it in.

JoeJacksonTaylor28
09-26-2005, 11:41 AM
"Tuesday Morning Ambush"

they never saw it coming...
I'm voting for this one or:

"Ambush at Midnight"

X-Factor13
09-26-2005, 12:49 PM
how about "FINALLY!"

joethefan
09-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Shooting the D down in little D....