PDA

View Full Version : T. Henry suspended

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Substance abuse..

ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2173024)

RedskinsDave
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Maybe that's why teams were reluctant to give Buffalo anything for him.

ihatedallas
09-26-2005, 04:13 PM
What was the substance?

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 04:23 PM
What was the substance?We will have to wait for that to be leaked I believe, unless it is steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. I believe the CBA won't allow the league to say what it was if falls under cocaine/weed or alcohol.

The Skinsinator
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
We should be very thankful we never hear about anything like this from our Skins. Very grateful. Imagine how we would take this hearing it about Portis. As likeable as he is, all of our opinions and respect would change quickly about him, maybe without knowing all of the details. Our players are too smart, and I'm not knocking on wood. I know our players are clean.

redskin_rich
09-26-2005, 04:44 PM
We will have to wait for that to be leaked I believe, unless it is steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. I believe the CBA won't allow the league to say what it was if falls under cocaine/weed or alcohol.
I thought I heard somewhere yesterday that it was weed but I can't find any confirmation on that now.

ShaggySkins
09-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Luckily for Tenneesee they still have a quality back in Chris Brown who can carry the load. Honestly I never really understood them trading for Henry to begin with when Chris Brown looked very strong at times last season.

PA Skins Girl
09-26-2005, 05:48 PM
I heard a player talking about the testing in preseason. Said you only get tested once a year between March and the start of training camp. Given that, you've got to be pretty stupid or pretty hooked to get caught.

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I heard a player talking about the testing in preseason. Said you only get tested once a year between March and the start of training camp. Given that, you've got to be pretty stupid or pretty hooked to get caught.I thought I heard Robert Smith on The Dan Patrick Show saying something along those lines.

PA Skins Girl
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
I thought I heard Robert Smith on The Dan Patrick Show saying something along those lines.
That's it. I couldnt remember his name.

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 06:10 PM
That's it. I couldnt remember his name.Did you hear when he admitted that he himself was a weed smoker and he almost got caught once?

PA Skins Girl
09-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Did you hear when he admitted that he himself was a weed smoker and he almost got caught once?
Yeah, it sounds like Most of them indulge.

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it sounds like Most of them indulge.I got that impression also. I would have never guessed that he smoked though.

hail2skins
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
I got that impression also. I would have never guessed that he smoked though.The NFL also fired him from some job if I heard correctly. I can't remember what the job was but they were saying how the NFL could punish him but not Moss when he said he smoked.

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 07:03 PM
The NFL also fired him from some job if I heard correctly. I can't remember the job was but they were saying how the NFL could punish him but not Moss when he said he smoked.Did he get fired from his job on the NFL Network?

hail2skins
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Did he get fired from his job on the NFL Network?That may be it. I haven't seen him on there in a while.

rskinsfan10
09-26-2005, 07:14 PM
That may be it. I haven't seen him on there in a while.I wouldn't be surprised. He embarrased the league by saying how easy it was to beat the testing, especially during a time when drug testing is such a big deal with the public.

I couldn't believe that he was pretty much telling on himself on national radio.

hail2skins
09-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. He embarrased the league by saying how easy it was to beat the testing, especially during a time when drug testing is such a big deal with the public.

I couldn't believe that he was pretty much telling on himself on national radio.I think he felt safe since he wasn't playing anymore.

GibbsRules!
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Don't know what substance it was Travis, but if it was weed haven't you heard of the wizzinator?

Ibleedburgundy
09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I have no idea why the NFL even bothers to test for weed. It ain't performance enhancing and it's not their job to police the players.

PA Skins Girl
09-26-2005, 09:15 PM
The NFL also fired him from some job if I heard correctly. I can't remember the job was but they were saying how the NFL could punish him but not Moss when he said he smoked.
That's a shame. I really appreciated his candor.

IowaSkinsFan
09-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Maybe that's why teams were reluctant to give Buffalo anything for him.

Maybe he started abusing when the Bills drafted McGahee?

smoak
09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
I have no idea why the NFL even bothers to test for weed. It ain't performance enhancing and it's not their job to police the players.

Umm... But it is illegal. Drugs are bad M'kay? Seriously though, the league needs to keep the image up because I don't want to be rooting for a team full of potheads. Sorry. Don't get me wrong, I am not on Mt. Moral Olympus, but c'mon... I still to this day feel that LT used drugs to get up for games... I swear I saw something where a teammate admitted to seeing that, but I can't remember where and haven't bothered to look.

Bottom line is any company is allowed to insititute a drug policy to prevent workers from engaging in illegal activity.

RedskinsReaper21
09-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I still to this day feel that LT used drugs to get up for games... I swear I saw something where a teammate admitted to seeing that, but I can't remember where and haven't bothered to look.

A bit off topic, but Diego Maradona too. Both LT and DM were beasts in their respective posistions. Both played at an energy level a notch above everyone else. Hmmm....coke makes you hyper...who would have thunk it?

Bottom line is any company is allowed to insititute a drug policy to prevent workers from engaging in illegal activity.

I think it has more to do with insurance regulations than anything else.