PDA

View Full Version : Kc Fan Forums Already discussing the Skins

Pages : [1] 2

Skinzaholic
10-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Here (http://www.chiefshuddle.com/index.php?showforum=3)

Just in case you are interested in stirring up the pot a bit.

Looks like they started talking about us last week...

2Cooley
10-10-2005, 08:02 AM
yeah they are also talking about us at this site

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1

joethefan
10-10-2005, 08:19 AM
I just started a thread there predicting a 27-10 win

Moss 10 catches 180

Portis 24 carries 155 Yards.:lol1:

MoeRedskins
10-10-2005, 08:36 AM
I just read the thread and they aren't even talking about the game. To be honst I have no idea what they are talking about

STaylor#21
10-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Yeah that one forum is horrible, so many random topics. I did however see this from a Cheifs fan.

Problem, Denver has something the Chiefs dont and that is a pass rush. Denver barely got to the old man Burnell all day. So my guess it that Washington will hand the Chiefs their 3 straight loss of the year.

Washington 31 Chiefs 24

Sucks but we are reeling and for damn sure arent a physical football team.

flave1969
10-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Man these guys don't have a lot of positivity do they?

CarMike
10-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Guys, do hR a favor. [not that you guys have yet, just a thought though...] When visiting other team forums please show some respect. Don't go there for flaming purposes only.

We all know how it feels when other team fans show up here for game week. It bothers us so you know it bothers them as well.

Lets show other team fans that Redskin fans classy and knowledgeable fans.

Thanks.

Mike.

alphaman
10-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Chiefs fan here ( I come in peace).

I write a weekly article on a Chiefs website where I interview fans from our upcoming opponent. The premise is that the real experts of the NFL are the local fans.

That being said, would any of you agree to be apart of this weeks panel? I need 3 or 4 volunteers.

Let me know. I'll need your email address.

BandWagon
10-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Guys, do hR a favor. [not that you guys have yet, just a thought though...] When visiting other team forums please show some respect. Don't go there for flaming purposes only.

We all know how it feels when other team fans show up here for game week. It bothers us so you know it bothers them as well.

Thanks.

Mike.

Here, here! When I talk to Dallas and Philly fans I always point out the differences on the "classy" level...especially with Philly. Sometimes saying nothing, says the most. NEVER stoop! We've got a great reputation as a classy group of fans....let's keep it rolling. Good point Mike!

akhhorus
10-10-2005, 09:34 AM

I write a weekly article on a Chiefs website where I interview fans from our upcoming opponent. The premise is that the real experts of the NFL are the local fans.

That being said, would any of you agree to be apart of this weeks panel? I need 3 or 4 volunteers.

More than happy to, PM me here with the details.

dj_stouty
10-10-2005, 09:57 AM
I visited both sites...and their message boards are so cluttered with off topic stuff I can't bare to read another thread.

Makes me appreciate HR that much more...

fent
10-10-2005, 10:00 AM

i'd be up for it, just PM me and let me know.

bgforever
10-10-2005, 10:09 AM
My thinking as well. If we give up 20+ points to a questionable offense, we are screwed for the rest of the season, win or no win.
From a poster at a Chief's site (Vanilla Thunder).

"Questionable" - This offense has been together for 20 games, with additions mainly at WR. This offense is averaging in the last two games just at 20 pts.
Why can't they score 20+ and why would that be questionable???

Out of touch with the facts of our team is a nice way to see why Dallas and Seattle, and yes even Denver, that the offense is growing, not shrinking. KC is actual primed for our offensive outburst with their porous "Questionable" defense.

The Skinsinator
10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Really looking forward to this game. My old man called me late last night and told me he got tix so I will be in KC rooting on my beloved Redskins. Should be an interesting game. If our defense plays well and keeps them in check, we should get this one. Their d isn't as good as Denver's so the offense should continue to show improvement. Even though we lost yesterday, I am excited about our improvement on offense. Looks like we're finally getting good qb play.

kcchiefs575
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Chiefs fan here. I come in peace. :lol1:

This game is a true test for the Chiefs. The Chiefs have shown two different teams this season. In the first game of the season, we totally dominated the Jets in a 27-7 win. On the other hand, we lose to Denver 30-10 and give up an 18-point lead against Philadelphia. However, coming off the bye I think the Chiefs will be a better team than before. We will have some key players back from injuries. 10 time pro bowler LT Willie Roaf has been out for all of the season with a hamstring injury. Without him, we have started Jordan Black at left tackle, a guy who has never played at left tackle in the NFL before. The Chiefs were also without their #2 cornerback Eric Warfield due to suspension. His replacement was Dexter McCleon, a guy that is too slow to keep up with WR's. Because of this, the Chiefs had to play zone coverage which does not play to their strengths. Patrick Surtain is a man-coverage corner and needs to be used that way. With Warfield coming back, the Chiefs should hopefully return to man-coverage. Also, the Chiefs will have pass-rushing DE Carlos Hall back from injury. This guy is strong enough that in the preseason he was able to blow Walter Jones off of the line several feet, causing Shaun Alexander to run into Walter Jones. The Chiefs have all of the men on the field now that they need to succeed, now it is up to the coaches to make a good gameplan and get them all onto the same page.

rskinsfan10
10-10-2005, 11:31 AM

Thanks.

Mike.Quoted for emphasis.

RedskinsDave
10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Quoted for emphasis.

I'm not even going to bother. No matter how hard you try to talk football, there will always be someone only looking to bait you. We all know I'll take it too. It's in my blood.

GeneralDisorder
10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Eurgh.

Horrible colours on that first site...

:)

Keino
10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Chiefs fan here. I come in peace. :lol1:

This game is a true test for the Chiefs. The Chiefs have shown two different teams this season. In the first game of the season, we totally dominated the Jets in a 27-7 win. On the other hand, we lose to Denver 30-10 and give up an 18-point lead against Philadelphia. However, coming off the bye I think the Chiefs will be a better team than before. We will have some key players back from injuries. 10 time pro bowler LT Willie Roaf has been out for all of the season with a hamstring injury. Without him, we have started Jordan Black at left tackle, a guy who has never played at left tackle in the NFL before. The Chiefs were also without their #2 cornerback Eric Warfield due to suspension. His replacement was Dexter McCleon, a guy that is too slow to keep up with WR's. Because of this, the Chiefs had to play zone coverage which does not play to their strengths. Patrick Surtain is a man-coverage corner and needs to be used that way. With Warfield coming back, the Chiefs should hopefully return to man-coverage. Also, the Chiefs will have pass-rushing DE Carlos Hall back from injury. This guy is strong enough that in the preseason he was able to blow Walter Jones off of the line several feet, causing Shaun Alexander to run into Walter Jones. The Chiefs have all of the men on the field now that they need to succeed, now it is up to the coaches to make a good gameplan and get them all onto the same page.

Is Will Shields still hurt too? Will Roaf definately be back?

This game has me worried.

The Skinsinator
10-10-2005, 11:55 AM

I wanna know too. These two players are critical for their offensive success. Without them, their o isn't near as good. Roaf is considered by many the best tackle in football, when healthy. We need this game. Really get the confidence going.

BurgundyNGold
10-10-2005, 11:59 AM

I'll do it. Check your PMs.

kcchiefs575
10-10-2005, 01:45 PM

This game has me worried.

Will Shields was battling injury in preseason and training camp, but he has been able to play. I don't know if Willie Roaf is definitely back, but I do know that Dick Vermeil said that if the Chiefs had had a game last week Roaf probably would have played.

YourCompetition
10-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Both are fine and chompin at the bit. Roaf wants out there now. Im glad they bye week is over for us. Im havin withdrawls already.

CarMike
10-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Welcome to hR Chief fans. :)

Enjoy your stay this week and much success AFTER the game next week.

alphaman
10-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I wanna know too. These two players are critical for their offensive success. Without them, their o isn't near as good. Roaf is considered by many the best tackle in football, when healthy. We need this game. Really get the confidence going.

Shields has not missed a game this year, and Roaf should be back. For the first time since the Jets game, the Chiefs offense should be at close to full strength healthwise.

Roaf will be back. Tony Richardson should be 100%. Jason Dunn should be 100%. The starting RT Kelvin Sampson was hospitalized last week in NJ after having an asthmatic seizure. Not sure if he will be back for the Redskins game. However, he didn't start against the Jets because of a preseason injury.

John Welbourne will be back (O-Line depth) from a 4 games suspension.

ChiefinDesMoines
10-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Shields was never injured. I think you're referring to Sims. Yes, Sims is still out, and from what we've heard, for a long time. Same injury that took out Ty Law last season.

Welborn and Warfield are also back in the lineup coming off of their suspensions. Black will be seeing some bench time, giving the big boys their playing time, and Green his time to get set for the passes to EK, Bo, Gonzo, and Sammie "Gosh, I dropped it again, haha" Parker.

With Roaf back, Priest and Larry should be the biggest worries for the Skins, especially at home. Those two just seem to feed off the energy from the crowd.

As for Portis...was it Portis or the superior Offensive line in Denver that allowed him to get all those yards? Is Portis better than Martin, Jordan, Anderson (snicker), or Westbrook? Well, ok, Martin is the only truly good RB there, granted, but still... The D-line at KC has been keeping most RB's below 100 yards a game. It's that passing game that worries most of us.

Hopefully, with Warfield back, the game will be close, since Dexter McLoser can't cover a picnic table...

All in all, it'll be a fun game to watch for sure. Here's hoping for a clean, injury free, non-flag-happy-throwin-refs (bastards).

Keino
10-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Shields was never injured. I think you're referring to Sims. Yes, Sims is still out, and from what we've heard, for a long time. Same injury that took out Ty Law last season.

Welborn and Warfield are also back in the lineup coming off of their suspensions. Black will be seeing some bench time, giving the big boys their playing time, and Green his time to get set for the passes to EK, Bo, Gonzo, and Sammie "Gosh, I dropped it again, haha" Parker.

With Roaf back, Priest and Larry should be the biggest worries for the Skins, especially at home. Those two just seem to feed off the energy from the crowd.

As for Portis...was it Portis or the superior Offensive line in Denver that allowed him to get all those yards? Is Portis better than Martin, Jordan, Anderson (snicker), or Westbrook? Well, ok, Martin is the only truly good RB there, granted, but still... The D-line at KC has been keeping most RB's below 100 yards a game. It's that passing game that worries most of us.

Hopefully, with Warfield back, the game will be close, since Dexter McLoser can't cover a picnic table...

All in all, it'll be a fun game to watch for sure. Here's hoping for a clean, injury free, non-flag-happy-throwin-refs (bastards).

You are aware that Portis had over 100 yards yesterday on 20 carries which means he averaged over 5 yards a pop, against a defense that effectively shut down Priest/LJ, aren't you?

akhhorus
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM

i wouldn't be concerned with the Skins pass rush, they will blitz on the edges and force you to max protect, but they will just try and bait Green into bad throw with thick coverage. Ill take the Skins' CBs on the Chiefs wideouts.

Portis is the best Rb y'all have faced. Martin looks finished, Philly doesn't run the ball much and Jordan has been extremely inconsistant and in all fairness is coached by Norv Turner. Anderson looks ok at times, but also looks old. The KC Dline is really inferior to all the Dlines the Skins have faced this year and they are very undersized. KC will have to run blitz and stack the line to stop Portis, but do you think Surtain can deal with Santana Moss consistantly without help over the top? Thats asking for trouble. KC has to make this a shootout to win this game, they can't win a grind it out low scoring game.

Warfield has good techinique and is a solid vet, but again, he's not an answer for Moss. He might be good against Patten, but patten has good speed.

YourCompetition
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey ChiefinDesMoines!!!! You the same ChiefsinDesMoines on the Chiefs Huddle site? If so then we are aquinted.

GO CHIEFS!

(You may know my screen name on that board. Its....................

HailGunther! ) LOL. LOL.

ChiefinDesMoines
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes. I am. That was also when our main T Roaf was out. I know it sounds pathetic to base it off one man, but Black simply does not play at the same caliber as Roaf. Period. Black has a bad habit of getting stood up by the D and pushed back, while Roaf does the pushing.

YourCompetition
10-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Well he will definalty get his chance this week. Hes been out so long. Hope he makes up for it all at once.

LATrueRedskin
10-10-2005, 02:40 PM

I'll volunteer if you're still looking.

ChiefinDesMoines
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I believe at this point that the world is going to see the team that came out on opening day against the Jets. After two humiliating losses, and losing several key players, they are going to be out for blood. The LB's are going to be gunning for Portis in a big way, and blitzing Brunell hard and often.

As long as Parker is warming the bench and Bo is playing his spot, and Gonzo gets out in the field, Trent is going to get some yards.

JMO

The Skinsinator
10-10-2005, 02:43 PM
The LB's are going to be gunning for Portis in a big way, and blitzing Brunell hard and often.
Blitz all you want. Enjoy Joe Gibbs' new and improved "max protect." Ask Denver about it yesterday. I want one on one coverage with Moss and Patten. Cooley can get open as well. I encourage you to blitz actually. Old man Brunell will burn you or "hobble" around for a first down.

GibbsRules!
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes. I am. That was also when our main T Roaf was out. I know it sounds pathetic to base it off one man, but Black simply does not play at the same caliber as Roaf. Period. Black has a bad habit of getting stood up by the D and pushed back, while Roaf does the pushing.

Welcome CDM. An old Navy friend of mine was from Debuque. Ever heard of it?

Anyhow, can one of you guys explain what happened against the Eagles last weekend? Do you think it will have any kind of lingering effect on your team? Losses like that tend to ruin a teams psyche if you know what I mean.

akhhorus
10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I believe at this point that the world is going to see the team that came out on opening day against the Jets. After two humiliating losses, and losing several key players, they are going to be out for blood. The LB's are going to be gunning for Portis in a big way, and blitzing Brunell hard and often.

As long as Parker is warming the bench and Bo is playing his spot, and Gonzo gets out in the field, Trent is going to get some yards.

JMO

Derrick Johnson is a good LB, and Bell-when healthy-can be effective, but I really wouldn't gamble all on blitzing the skins. Denver tried that and couldn't get to Brunell in 53 pass attempts and they have a much better defense-all across the board-and a MUCH better blitzing defense than the Chiefs have.

ChiefinDesMoines
10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Yup, Dubuque is a few hours east of here.

It will have a positive effect on the team. We blew a game that we should have had wrapped, thanks in no small part to turn overs. Not to mention, the Chiefs seem to have simply forgotten to come out after half time and play ball. (Leave TO open? Smart move boys.)

ChiefinDesMoines
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
DJ's ability to get to the line quickly, and find the runner before he breaks out is huge. If you remember the Philly game, DJ blew coverage on TO, but was able to get to him to make the stop before TO broke out in the open. The kid is quick. Real quick. Portis will get some yards, but not as many as he has in the past. The coverage up the middle this year is stupendous. RB's are having to run outside, or bootleg (damn Denver, lol) to get the ball moving.

LATrueRedskin
10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Derrick Johnson is a good LB, and Bell-when healthy-can be effective, but I really wouldn't gamble all on blitzing the skins. Denver tried that and couldn't get to Brunell in 53 pass attempts and they have a much better defense-all across the board-and a MUCH better blitzing defense than the Chiefs have.

That's one thing that I'm really excited about. We've been picking up the blitz all year against some very good defenses. I think we'll see a lot more scoring this week at least, and Portis will get his first score of the year.

openallnight
10-10-2005, 03:10 PM
That's one thing that I'm really excited about. We've been picking up the blitz all year against some very good defenses. I think we'll see a lot more scoring this week at least, and Portis will get his first score of the year.
Actually, we did a sub-par job against the Bears and a down right poor job against the cowboys. I think during the bye week we worked real hard on our assignments, protection schemes and adding more plays better suited to Brunell's strengths, e.g. roll-outs to the left and some boots. The improvement in the Seattle game was vast. As our oLine continues to gell I expect nothing but, improvement each and every week.

YourCompetition
10-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I think the CHiefs offense will wake up this week. The last couple years they didnt do a thing until the 5th week. Why?? I ave no idea. But it just seems to work out that way.

Skinz4lyfe
10-10-2005, 03:27 PM
You know I am pretty excited about this game and it will definitely be a good one. The Chiefs always play better at home than they do on the road. The one thing that concerns me is Dante Hall on special teams. Our special teams have gotten progressively worse each week. We cannot let Hall beat us. Our offense moves the ball very well outside the 20s. Just gotta find a way to punch it in.

Discalced
10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Offense: Skins ranked 8th
Chiefs ranked 12th

Defense: Skins ranked 5th
Chiefs ranked 27th

There is room for confidence here.

rskinsfan10
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm not even going to bother. No matter how hard you try to talk football, there will always be someone only looking to bait you. We all know I'll take it too. It's in my blood.I saw what happened over at Orange Mane. I wanted to jump in and go to bat with you, but I wouldn't have lasted very long over there with what they were saying to you and others from hR.

BurgundyNGold
10-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I saw what happened over at Orange Mane. I wanted to jump in and go to bat with you, but I wouldn't have lasted very long over there with what they were saying to you and others from hR.
I think we represented hR over there pretty well. A few of them got owned too, if I do say so myself. ;)

The Iceman
10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I think we represented hR over there pretty well. A few of them got owned too, if I do say so myself. ;)
I wanna get in on some of this action. Next time you guys roll over to an opponents forum give me a Private Message.

The Skinsinator
10-10-2005, 04:53 PM
You know I am pretty excited about this game and it will definitely be a good one. The Chiefs always play better at home than they do on the road. The one thing that concerns me is Dante Hall on special teams. Our special teams have gotten progressively worse each week. We cannot let Hall beat us. Our offense moves the ball very well outside the 20s. Just gotta find a way to punch it in.
"They don't respect me."-Dante Hall on teams kicking to him

This guy scares me to death as well. We have to be on our game and not let him burn us. I may even encourage to kick away from him to the other side of the field. It is imperative we get better at field position.

The Iceman
10-10-2005, 05:04 PM

This guy scares me to death as well. We have to be on our game and not let him burn us. I may even encourage to kick away from him to the other side of the field. It is imperative we get better at field position.
I'm convinced we will shut him down. JIMOH WILL SHUT HIM DOWN ALL GAME!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

BurgundyNGold
10-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I wanna get in on some of this action. Next time you guys roll over to an opponents forum give me a Private Message.
No doubt. I don't talk smack, I just bring it real to these folks on other boards. Oh, and I will call them out if they're being a tool.

In that way, I consider myself the Unofficial hR Ambassador of Kwan. :D

rskinsfan10
10-10-2005, 05:24 PM
I think we represented hR over there pretty well. A few of them got owned too, if I do say so myself. ;)No doubt. You guys definitely held your own over there, for which I'm proud. I'm even prouder that you were respectful while doing it until you yourselves were disrespected by some of their membership.

Keino
10-10-2005, 05:41 PM
It can't be stated enough. If you choose to go represent HR on another team message board, do it with the respect and courtesy you would find here at HR. We hold ourselves to be better than the trolls who come here from various boards.

GibbsRules!
10-10-2005, 06:57 PM

Dante is on my fantasy team for the 3rd year in a row. He gets me points for return yards and he is money every week. He'll most definately be in on multiple receiver sets. He caught a TD pass against the Eagles the last week to go along with his return for a TD. Unfortunately, he fumbled one too.

Dante is no joke and I agree we should avoid kicking to him...especially on his home turf.

chrisbcbu
10-11-2005, 08:03 AM
This should be a game where our punter just needs to kick the ball out of bounds. And possibly on kickoffs to kick the ball sky high or squib it down the middle. Just keep the ball out of Dante's hands. He is downright nasty, and i can see him breaking one for a TD.

We also need to keep an eye on Tony G. He is going to be a force in the middle, and that is where we are weak.

YourCompetition
10-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Imust give you Redskins fans the props you deserve. Normally when I visit another teams boards is full of. They suck! or Were gonna kill them. BUt Ive notice intelligent opinions and concerns of both teams. I salute you skins fans. And I hope we can be social after the Chiefs victory!:Padawan:

dj_stouty
10-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Should be a close game for the first few minutes, but with the Skins unable to stop KC's ground game it will turn ugly. Kc will rack up about 300 yards on the ground against the Skins weak LB's and with the Skins sputtering Offense, it will be a blow out.

Chiefs 56 Rednecks 10

Not a chance the Chiefs put 300 on this offense.

Sputtering Offense? How do you explain 450+ yards at Investco Field in the pouring rain?

Next time, try watching a Redskins game before commenting.

whitskins
10-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Should be a close game for the first few minutes, but with the Skins unable to stop KC's ground game it will turn ugly. Kc will rack up about 300 yards on the ground against the Skins weak LB's and with the Skins sputtering Offense, it will be a blow out.

Chiefs 56 Rednecks 10

If the Chiefs are going to have 300 yards on the ground then how many will the Redskins have on your 27th ranked defense? You guys do remember that tackling is part of the game right?

We'll be sure not to fumble the ball six times like the Jets to inflate the false notion that the Chiefs actually play defense this year. Everyone knows that was just an early April Fool's joke.

YourCompetition
10-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Everyone knows that was just an early April Fool's joke.

Ahem! You mean a late April Fools joke dont you? I guess that shows how valid your other statements are. :lol1:

smoak
10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm tired of talking to opposing team fans. You could probably write a template out for them about the Skins and send it to have them insert their team and player names. Insane. I just want to win. I'm angrier than I thought I would be by the fact that I think we played well enough, but didn't seal the deal against the Broncos.

Patrick
10-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Imust give you Redskins fans the props you deserve. Normally when I visit another teams boards is full of. They suck! or Were gonna kill them. BUt Ive notice intelligent opinions and concerns of both teams. I salute you skins fans. And I hope we can be social after the Chiefs victory!:Padawan:

Thanks YourCompetition ............. I was just about to reply the same then but Halfcan kind put a dampener on that ............. "Rednecks" .......... PLEASE

whitskins
10-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Ahem! You mean a late April Fools joke dont you? I guess that shows how valid your other statements are. :lol1:

You're right, the Jets game was a late April Fools joke. The early joke was that the Chiefs would blow out the Eagles! :)

Patrick
10-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey dipshit, ever been to Arrowhead. Best stadium in the league. You guys will be scalped. I will stop in next week to hear you crying just like your owner does all the time.

Chiefs 56 Redneck wussies 3

BYE BYE

Sweepea436
10-11-2005, 01:34 PM

Don't you mean "Pwned?" LOL. I tried to stay level headed. It's actually not that hard to stay calm when you consider the medium. We're all strangers on the internet.

I strangely feel confident in this game. An unfamiliar feeling given the last 10 years of misery we've been through! We moved the ball convincingly on a good D, and (aside from to SOUL CRUSHING runs) stifled a very good running team. If we could pull that off on the road, in the elements..... I think we are capable of stealing one at Arrowhead.

Santheb
10-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Damn am I glad Halfbrain is banned.

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 01:36 PM

You'll find that none of that is tolerated here. Smack talking is for morons and we prefer honest debate and discussion, no matter what the conclusion is.

The Skinsinator
10-11-2005, 01:45 PM
You'll find that none of that is tolerated here. Smack talking is for morons and we prefer honest debate and discussion, no matter what the conclusion is.
Preach on brother Akh. Let 'em know how we do business.

PennSkinsFan
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM

and by your statement here, you will be more than welcome here. We keep the forum litter free from trash and trolling, that is what made hR and what will be protected at hR. Fans like yourself are welcome, fans like Halfass are not and have been dispensed.

CornerBlitz
10-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I sure am glad that our team isnt the rednecks because it looks like kansas city fans are putting up predictions that they will beat them pretty bad.:lol1:

YourCompetition
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Im assuming that since your a Redskins fan. You would like nuthing better then to crush us and pound us into the dirt. (If you didnt you wouldnt be a true fan. Its the same way here . WHile we can be cival and have a good time. in all honesty we wanna blow you guys out. Not saying that this will happen. BUt we all want that dont we?

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Its funny how "halfcan" came in here talking about Arrow head, the eagles seemed to handle them real nice there.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I just started a thread there predicting a 27-10 win

Moss 10 catches 180

Portis 24 carries 155 Yards.:lol1:

In your dreams. Moss might get his catches but Portis will not get 100 yards against the Chiefs.

Prediction: Chiefs 24- deadskins 10

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Dante is on my fantasy team for the 3rd year in a row. He gets me points for return yards and he is money every week. He'll most definately be in on multiple receiver sets. He caught a TD pass against the Eagles the last week to go along with his return for a TD. Unfortunately, he fumbled one too.

Dante is no joke and I agree we should avoid kicking to him...especially on his home turf.

What's the matter? Don't have any faith in your special teams coverage units?

redskin_rich
10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Not much, they have been our weakest link.

akhhorus
In your dreams. Moss might get his catches but Portis will not get 100 yards against the Chiefs.

Prediction: Chiefs 24- deadskins 10

He got 100 yards against a far superior defense in Denver. The Chiefs Dline is a joke.

CornerBlitz
No actually I dont becuase of recent performances. Most of us here actually predict truthful scores and opinions which are discussed with facts to back them up.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Offense: Skins ranked 8th
Chiefs ranked 12th

Defense: Skins ranked 5th
Chiefs ranked 27th

There is room for confidence here.

God, I hope the Deadskins have that confidence at Arrowhead. Usually ends up biting them

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
He got 100 yards against a far superior defense in Denver. The Chiefs Dline is a joke.

Really? They are ranked in the tops in rush defense. Pass defense is horrible but I don't actually see Portis getting 100 yards

CornerBlitz
10-11-2005, 02:24 PM
God, I hope the Deadskins have that confidence at Arrowhead. Usually ends up biting them
Im not sure what you are talking about. Normally we just have a team first attitude and to insure wins. You can listen to any interview and winning is the most important thing to this years redskin team. Im pretty sure that they are not overconfident that they will beat a good team in the chiefs.

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Really? They are ranked in the tops in rush defense. Pass defense is horrible but I don't actually see Portis getting 100 yards

You're stats are skewed by the Eagles "run'n'shoot" attack. The size advantage alone between the Skins Oline and the Chiefs Dline(about 50-70 lbs more per man) makes stopping the run extremely hard.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Im not sure what you are talking about. Normally we just have a team first attitude and to insure wins. You can listen to any interview and winning is the most important thing to this years redskin team. Im pretty sure that they are not overconfident that they will beat a good team in the chiefs.

All i'm saying is, the number 1 defense came into Arrowhead last year with all the confidence they could have and they ended up getting crushed by the Chiefs

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 02:33 PM
All i'm saying is, the number 1 defense came into Arrowhead last year with all the confidence they could have and they ended up getting crushed by the Chiefs

Good thing we're not playing the game on Sunday and not last year. Brunell absolutely sucked last year, now he looks like a pro bowler. This will be a tough game for both teams.

CornerBlitz
10-11-2005, 02:34 PM
After giving up those 2 huge runs to Bell from missed tackles I dont think that they are overly confident. This Chiefs team has a better rushing attack than Denver but hopefully it wont be as wet because I think that helped the Denver running game more than the redskins defense.

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 02:35 PM

weak response. If your going to argue, argue...

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 02:36 PM

whats there rush defense minus the philly game...Philly runs like 10 times a game...

Patrick
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
After giving up those 2 huge runs to Bell from missed tackles I dont think that they are overly confident. This Chiefs team has a better rushing attack than Denver but hopefully it wont be as wet because I think that helped the Denver running game more than the redskins defense.

Exactly ....... Coach Williams will not let the same mistake happen two games in a row and will NOT under estimate any RB - specially the KC backs.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 02:39 PM
This will be a tough game for both teams.

I agree with that.
KC absolutely needs to win this game to keep close to Denver in the standings.

ryflan47
10-11-2005, 02:42 PM
I agree with that.
KC absolutely needs to win this game to keep close to Denver in the standings.
And the Skins need this game to stay atop the NFC East.

dj_stouty
10-11-2005, 02:42 PM
weak response. If your going to argue, argue...

I agree.

chiefsfanatik - You are more than welcome here...as long as you are looking to talk some educated football. If you are into "smack", may I suggest this (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/index.php)site as an alternative?

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 02:51 PM

Only one team has attempted 25 + carries on the Chiefs, and that was Denver who put up big numbers. Oakland and Philly are pass oriented teams, and only attempted 19 and 17 rushing attempts. Ill give them props for stopping Martin, but besides that the only other formidable running team theyve played is Denver. So it'll be interesting to se how they play against the us.

against Denver- 37 attempts for 222 yards.

CornerBlitz
10-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Only one team has attempted 25 + yards on the Chiefs, and that was Denver who put up big numbers. Oakland and Philly are pass oriented teams, and only attempted 19 and 17 rushing attempts. Ill give them props for stopping Martin, but besides that the only other formidable running team theyve played is Denver. So it'll be interesting to se how they play against the us.

I think you mean carries and not yards right?

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 03:07 PM
I think you mean carries and not yards right?

yes thanks for noticing that lol

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 03:09 PM
whats there rush defense minus the philly game...Philly runs like 10 times a game...

Kc is 5th in rush defense. 3 games this season allowing under 75 yards per game
vrs Jets- 57 yards {Curtis Martin, last years rushing champion}
vrs Raiders-71 yards {Lamont Jordan}
Vrs Denver-221 yards {Anderson, Bell}
Vrs Eagles-28 yards {Westbrook}

Washington is 8th in rush defense. 3 games this season allowing over 75 yards
per game.
vrs Bears-41 yards {T Jones}
vrs Crackboys- 90 yards {J Jones}
vrs Seahags- 119 yards {S Alexander}
vrs Donkeys- 165 yards {Anderson, Bell}

My money will be the Chiefs getting the upper hand in the running game.
Washington getting the upper hand in the passing game and it being a nailbiter to the very end.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Only one team has attempted 25 + carries on the Chiefs, and that was Denver who put up big numbers. Oakland and Philly are pass oriented teams, and only attempted 19 and 17 rushing attempts. Ill give them props for stopping Martin, but besides that the only other formidable running team theyve played is Denver. So it'll be interesting to se how they play against the us.

One thing Denver had going for them too: They had a lead and could play the running game. 17-0 at one point.
Your guys were playing them pretty much tit for tat {score for score}and he still got 165 yards.

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM

per game.

Washington getting the upper hand in the passing game and it being a nailbiter to the very end.
we allowed alot less to Denver, amd Alexander and Jones are MUCH better then Westbrook and Jordan at actually running the ball. Like i said earlier you shutdown Martin and thats good, but Denver beat you guys up on the ground, and Jordan and Westbrrok are in passing Offenses, especially Westbrook...and whos hasn't shutdown Martin this year...lol. Pus i wasnt talking about our rushing defense, just saying yours isnt as dominate as the stats show. lol, i like how you gave nicknames to the teams we played, but 3 of our teams are above 500, and the ones you played all stink thus far (with the exception of Denver and MAYBE the eagles).

openallnight
10-11-2005, 03:18 PM

per game.

Nice stats ChiefsFan :)
Although, having watched the game against denver. I believe they exposed a big weakness in the Chiefs rush D. They are very agressive and ALL 11 guys on D flow to the ball very well. This is great at defending the play side. Although, denver did alot of weak side misdirection runs that found gaping holes on the back side of the chiefs D. You can bet coach Gibbs will be giving the chiefs a healthy dose of misdirection. If gunther hasn't made major changes during your bye your rush D could be exposed once again.

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Again, this isnt last year. Martin is averaging 2.7 yards per carry and had his 2nd best game against the Chiefs.

Jordan has been a bust so far, but he averaged better than his season average against the Chiefs.

I wouldn't go bragging about this. The Skins held them to much less yards.

The Eagles don't run the ball much at all. Westbrook is averaging 40 yards per game, and thats skewed upwards by his games against Oakland and San Fran.

per game.

And Jones has had 370 yards in the 3 other games he's played this year. Despite Orton falling apart as a QB. Thanks for proving our point.

And thats what the Cowmanatees are averaging this year.

And Alexander averages nearly 120 yards per game, and the Skins held him to 20 less yards when he played them.

How did they do against y'all again?

The Chiefs will run the ball well no matter what. They will not be able to stop the Skins rushing the ball. Especially with a small, inconsistant Dline.

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 03:24 PM
One thing Denver had going for them too: They had a lead and could play the running game. 17-0 at one point.
Your guys were playing them pretty much tit for tat {score for score}and he still got 165 yards.

Yeah, Denver was up 21-10 in the 3rd quarter, and the Skins shut down the running game when they were trying to bleed to clock. Thats pretty much tit for tat.....

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Hello Redskins fans! CHIEFS fan here. Let me start by saying this should be a good/great game. I was hoping the Skins would take care of the donkeys last Sunday. Came close.

Anyways, will all due respect, I believe this is a false statement. The donkeys run defense ranks 5th in the NFL. The CHIEFS run defense ranks
8th. Not too far off. The donkeys run defense is slightly better but not "far superior." By the way, I'm basing this stats on avg per game. I know that the CHIEFS had a bye on Sunday that that might hinder the stats alittle.

The weakness of the CHIEFS defense is the secondary. I believe the problem is the coaching. Not saying that the CHIEFS defense coaches aren't good. It's just that the biggest weakness is the 2nd cornerback (McCLeon). No coach in their right minds would leave McCleon one on one without saftey help. That tends to change the play calling. Now that Warfield is back, the secondary should get better. Not saying that the secondary will automaticlly get better. It's going to take alittle time. I hope that Gunther starts playing more one on one. That should leave one safety to play cover 1 and the other (probably Knight) to roam/blitz or assist on the run stopping.

Brunell did have a great game on Sunday against the donkeys. But in all fairness, the donkeys were missing Bailey. The CHIEFS will have Surtain on Sunday. Most will say that Surtain isn't as good as Bailey but they'd also say that Surtain is in the top 5 in CB in the league. I'm hoping that Warfield will play on Sunday. Perhaps take over the starting job from McCleon.

Cheers to you Redskins fans. I hope it's a great game without any injuries.

I was hoping for two things coming into this weekend.

1. That we could have taken care of the Eagles for you guys.

2. That you could have taken care of the donkeys for us.

Both came close. Good luck in the rest of the season especially against the rest of the AFC West! :lol1:

P.S. I just wanted to let you guys know that the donkeys are hoping you guys have a losing season so they'd get a good/great draft pick order in the
1st round next year. I'm sure you guys already knew that. That being said, I hope you guys go 14 - 2 (losing to the CHIEFS this Sunday) and meet us in the Superbowl. I use to live near D.C. (Ft. Meade, Maryland) and enjoyed the area.

Redskinfan28
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Note to all Chiefs fans:

Redskin fans think the Redskins are a better team the Chiefs, just as you guys think your team is better than the Redskins. All the stats in the world are not going to change that belief.

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Again, this isnt last year. Martin is averaging 2.7 yards per carry and had his 2nd best game against the Chiefs.

Jordan has been a bust so far, but he averaged better than his season average against the Chiefs.

I wouldn't go bragging about this. The Skins held them to much less yards.

The Eagles don't run the ball much at all. Westbrook is averaging 40 yards per game, and thats skewed upwards by his games against Oakland and San Fran.

And Jones has had 370 yards in the 3 other games he's played this year. Despite Orton falling apart as a QB. Thanks for proving our point.

And thats what the Cowmanatees are averaging this year.

And Alexander averages nearly 120 yards per game, and the Skins held him to 20 less yards when he played them.

How did they do against y'all again?

The Chiefs will run the ball well no matter what. They will not be able to stop the Skins rushing the ball. Especially with a small, inconsistant Dline.

Who ever stops the run, should win the game.

danny's stogie
10-11-2005, 03:42 PM
P.S. I just wanted to let you guys know that the donkeys are hoping you guys have a losing season so they'd get a good/great draft pick order in the
1st round next year. I'm sure you guys already knew that. That being said, I hope you guys go 14 - 2 (losing to the CHIEFS this Sunday) and meet us in the Superbowl. I use to live near D.C. (Ft. Meade, Maryland) and enjoyed the area.

After Jake's 90 yard performance this week I'd bet that Bronco fans wished they'd kept that pick and drafted JC.

CornerBlitz
10-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Brunell did have a great game on Sunday against the donkeys. But in all fairness, the donkeys were missing Bailey. The CHIEFS will have Surtain on Sunday. Most will say that Surtain isn't as good as Bailey but they'd also say that Surtain is in the top 5 in CB in the league. I'm hoping that Warfield will play on Sunday. Perhaps take over the starting job from McCleon.

We were also missing both of our starting corners in Springs and Harris. Hopefully it will be a good game sunday.

Chiefs
I visited both sites...and their message boards are so cluttered with off topic stuff I can't bare to read another thread.

Makes me appreciate HR that much more...

I don't agree.

I hate that folks often lump my site (chiefshuddle.com) in together with some others that are not moderated or structured very well but frankly it happens a lot.

I have around 24 different forum areas and 18 staff that do their best to keep things in order over there.

At any rate it should be a good game, IMO the Redskins caught some bad breaks in the game against Denver.

This site is very nice, kudos to the owner and staff members.

akhhorus
Hello Redskins fans! CHIEFS fan here. Let me start by saying this should be a good/great game. I was hoping the Skins would take care of the donkeys last Sunday. Came close.

Welcome!

Anyways, will all due respect, I believe this is a false statement. The donkeys run defense ranks 5th in the NFL. The CHIEFS run defense ranks
8th. Not too far off.

In stats perhaps, but but Ill take Denver's run defense over the Chiefs anyday of the week. Your running stats are seriously skewed by the Philly game(who ran the ball less than 20 times) and by the Jets inept offense with Chadwick at the helm and Martin turning to dust.

The donkeys run defense is slightly better but not "far superior." By the way, I'm basing this stats on avg per game. I know that the CHIEFS had a bye on Sunday that that might hinder the stats alittle.

On the stats, you're right, but in talent and scheme, the Broncos have a much better defense across the board.

The weakness of the CHIEFS defense is the secondary. I believe the problem is the coaching. Not saying that the CHIEFS defense coaches aren't good. It's just that the biggest weakness is the 2nd cornerback (McCLeon). No coach in their right minds would leave McCleon one on one without saftey help. That tends to change the play calling. Now that Warfield is back, the secondary should get better. Not saying that the secondary will automaticlly get better. It's going to take alittle time. I hope that Gunther starts playing more one on one. That should leave one safety to play cover 1 and the other (probably Knight) to roam/blitz or assist on the run stopping.

Its a double bind problem, the Chiefs secondary is weak(especially without Warfield) so you have to play the safeties back and the LBs in Zones, but that makes the Run defense that much worse. I think the best way the Chiefs can stop the Skins is to just gamble with Blitzes and hope to rattle Brunell.

Warfield won't play according to Vermeil, and while the Broncos didn't have Bailey(and he missed a good chunk of the Chiefs game with injury also), he's not fast enough even when healthy to cover Moss. Trust us, Bailey has gotten victimized by fast wideouts(we throughly enjoyed watching Kennison torch him last year by the way). Surtain has good cover skills, but he also lacks the speed to cover Moss also. But in all fairness, no one has covered Moss much this year, he's really in the zone so far this year. But the Skins also victimized Al Wilson and DJ Williams with Chris Cooley. And unless they want to waste Derrick Johnson by having him follow Cooley in coverage, Cooley will be a factor.

Likewise!

Both came close. Good luck in the rest of the season especially against the rest of the AFC West! :lol1:

Well, I wish you luck against the Giants and the CowManatees, but not this weekend unfortunately.

1st round next year. I'm sure you guys already knew that. That being said, I hope you guys go 14 - 2 (losing to the CHIEFS this Sunday) and meet us in the Superbowl. I use to live near D.C. (Ft. Meade, Maryland) and enjoyed the area.[/QUOTE]

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Who ever stops the run, should win the game.

This is very true. But this is true of just about every game.

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome!

In stats perhaps, but but Ill take Denver's run defense over the Chiefs anyday of the week. Your running stats are seriously skewed by the Philly game(who ran the ball less than 20 times) and by the Jets inept offense with Chadwick at the helm and Martin turning to dust.

On the stats, you're right, but in talent and scheme, the Broncos have a much better defense across the board.

Its a double bind problem, the Chiefs secondary is weak(especially without Warfield) so you have to play the safeties back and the LBs in Zones, but that makes the Run defense that much worse. I think the best way the Chiefs can stop the Skins is to just gamble with Blitzes and hope to rattle Brunell.

Warfield won't play according to Vermeil, and while the Broncos didn't have Bailey(and he missed a good chunk of the Chiefs game with injury also), he's not fast enough even when healthy to cover Moss. Trust us, Bailey has gotten victimized by fast wideouts(we throughly enjoyed watching Kennison torch him last year by the way). Surtain has good cover skills, but he also lacks the speed to cover Moss also. But in all fairness, no one has covered Moss much this year, he's really in the zone so far this year. But the Skins also victimized Al Wilson and DJ Williams with Chris Cooley. And unless they want to waste Derrick Johnson by having him follow Cooley in coverage, Cooley will be a factor.

Likewise!

Well, I wish you luck against the Giants and the CowManatees, but not this weekend unfortunately.

1st round next year. I'm sure you guys already knew that. That being said, I hope you guys go 14 - 2 (losing to the CHIEFS this Sunday) and meet us in the Superbowl. I use to live near D.C. (Ft. Meade, Maryland) and enjoyed the area.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the warm reception. For the most part I agree with your post/statements. There is a possibility that Warfield will play. This is according to Vermiel's statement on kcchiefs.com. What I'm interested about this game is the CHIEFS offense against the Redskins defense. I believe that this will be the toughest match up to this point for the Redskins. Gonzalez/Holmes/Johnson/Kennison/Richardson and Green tend to cause problems for many defenses.

Keino
10-11-2005, 04:08 PM

per game.

Actually Alexander had 96 yards not 119 yards on the ground. Bell was the first 100 yard rusher since last year.

Chiefs
10-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Well, I don't think you can go purely by any statistic because its obvious that KC's pass defense has been suspect which will of course make the run defense look better.

Watching tape however a large reason the rush defense is as good as it is and the pass defense seems to be as suspect is the extra care that the chiefs linebacker corp puts into defending the run.

The problem lies more in the lack of push up front since Ryan Sims went down, causing a lot of the pressure to come from blitzing schemes which weakens your entire defense if the blitzer doesn't get to the QB immediately.

Warfield will probably play, he might not start but I can't imagine him not being on the field at all.

Moss has incredible speed that would cause matchup problems against any defense, the only real way to take that away is to keep consistant pressure on the QB and take away the deep threat.

Of course by doing that you leave yourself more vulnerable to the screen and dunk shots over the top to tight ends, backs and larger possession receivers.

Cooley much like any tight end in this league that can catch the ball will always be a threat, pass receiving tight ends have become increasingly popular since the Tampa 2 type defenses emerged.

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Thank you for the warm reception. For the most part I agree with your post/statements. There is a possibility that Warfield will play. This is according to Vermiel's statement on kcchiefs.com. What I'm interested about this game is the CHIEFS offense against the Redskins defense. I believe that this will be the toughest match up to this point for the Redskins. Gonzalez/Holmes/Johnson/Kennison/Richardson and Green tend to cause problems for many defenses.

I agree, and its critical that the Skins have they're starting CBs back for this game. Parker and Kennison are decent wideouts, but Shawn Springs, Rogers(who is playing real well) and Walt Harris should be able to handle them if healthy. It will be interesting to see Sean Taylor versus Tony Gonzalez. But I think if the Skins can hold Priest in check(as much as you can) and force Green to throw it up more than they want, the Skins will have an advantage in this department. Especially if they can chew clock with Portis and Brunell.

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Well, I don't think you can go purely by any statistic because its obvious that KC's pass defense has been suspect which will of course make the run defense look better.

Watching tape however a large reason the rush defense is as good as it is and the pass defense seems to be as suspect is the extra care that the chiefs linebacker corp puts into defending the run.

Which the LBs can do if the Secondary can handle the wideouts.

The problem lies more in the lack of push up front since Ryan Sims went down, causing a lot of the pressure to come from blitzing schemes which weakens your entire defense if the blitzer doesn't get to the QB immediately.

Exactly my point, run dogs and green dogs might get the Chiefs to Brunell, but if they don't, Brunell will shred their secondary.

Moss has incredible speed that would cause matchup problems against any defense, the only real way to take that away is to keep consistant pressure on the QB and take away the deep threat.

Of course by doing that you leave yourself more vulnerable to the screen and dunk shots over the top to tight ends, backs and larger possession receivers.

Cooley much like any tight end in this league that can catch the ball will always be a threat, pass receiving tight ends have become increasingly popular since the Tampa 2 type defenses emerged.

Yeah, and that exactly the problem matchup I see with the Chiefs defense:
1-No one person the Chiefs have can cover Moss because of his speed
2-To deal with this, you need to mix up the coverages and play the secondary back. A cover 2 wouldn't be a bad idea.
3-This backs away the LBs and Safeties from the LOS, but the Chiefs dont have the Dline(especially sizewise) to stop Portis consistantly and opens up the middle of the field.

So either gamble against the run or gamble with the blitz and hope to disrupt the Skins' offense, but the Skins threw 53 passes last week and gave up zero sacks.

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Springs, Rogers and Harris might be able to keep Kennison/Boe/Hall/Parker in check. But I don't believe Taylor will be able to keep Gonzalez in check. Maybe with doulbe team help. I'm glad that Roaf is back. Maybe the CHIEFS will use the big and fast lineman to their advantage. I haven't seen them run too many screens this year without Roaf.

ihatedallas
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Springs, Rogers and Harris might be able to keep Kennison/Boe/Hall/Parker in check. But I don't believe Taylor will be able to keep Gonzalez in check. Maybe with doulbe team help. I'm glad that Roaf is back. Maybe the CHIEFS will use the big and fast lineman to their advantage. I haven't seen them run too many screens this year without Roaf.

Gonzalez hasnt had too hot of a year this year, and i think your under estimating ST alil bit. He might give up a couple catches, but i highly doubt Conz gets a 50 yard TD while ST is covering him...

akhhorus
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM

I can almost guarantee that they will double team Gonzalez if the Skins' Cbs are healthy. And blitzing is almost pointless with how good the Chiefs Oline is, so expect a lot of man/zone mixes hoping for coverage sacks and throw-aways by Green.

hail2skins
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Really? They are ranked in the tops in rush defense. Pass defense is horrible but I don't actually see Portis getting 100 yardsThis is interesting and I'm sure Gibbs will notice it in his film review. Brunell attempted 53 passes last Sunday. The most he's ever attempted. If your pass defense is that bad, then I'm expecting 60 attempts.

I haven't seen much of Kansas Shitty (only because of your use of Deadskins) this year but I am worried about Hall. He's awesome and our coverage teams haven't been that good.

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I've seen every CHIEFS game this year. I wouldn't say that it's Gonzalezs fault for him not getting the ball. I blame that on injuries and the play calling. With Roaf out, I noticed that the CHIEFS tend to keep Gonzo in to pass protect. Last weekend he tried and failed to block JK. I can't understand why a team would use their best receiver to block on a pass down?

Here's a statement from Vermeil:

Q: How important is it going to be for your offense to get Tony Gonzalez more involved?

VERMEIL: “He’s two passes less involved this year than he was last year after four ball games. So, if we did everything the same he’d have 100 receptions which I kind of doubt he will. That’s only happened one time in the history of the National Football League. But I’d like to get him more involved and he’d like to be more involved. But there’s a lot of things that control those variables.”

By the way, I'm not underestimating ST. I just believe that Gonzalez is the best TE in the NFL and poses many problems for LB and SS/FS.

How does the injury report look for the Skins this Sunday?

whitskins
10-11-2005, 06:58 PM
How does the injury report look for the Skins this Sunday?

Injuries look better than last week. We should be getting back both starting corners in Harris (who has missed two games) and Springs (who missed almost the whole Denver game). We played the majority of that game with our #3 and #4 CBs and still held the Broncos to under 100 yards passing, although this seriously hurt our run defense in a few ways.

PA Skins Girl
10-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Looks like even though Warfield is back from suspension, he wont be starting this weekend...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8953595

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 08:59 PM
As long as Warfield plays the rest of the game after the first snap is fine by me.

DoGood
10-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the knowledge and class of just about all of the Chief fans that have come to talk football especially ChiefIronHorse and Chief. Its a nice change of pace to have such intelligent football chatter in our house.

It's not many fans from other teams that I can say that about. Enjoy our website this week.

HTTR

bgforever
10-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I think Vermillion stretches the field with wide angle plays and forcing both DE's to defend the outside a bit more, because he has Holmes who only needs a crease and Green's eyes, he can go to a grind game, while we're thinking deep passing. Face it, Vermiellion doesn't have the WR's he had in St. Louis, but he knows how to scheme enough to keep the secondary guessing.

Holmes best moves will be what they saw Denver do at the line. Whatever it was it worked twice and Vermillion aint letting that one slip by. Play action all day when they get the ground going, but if I am Gregg Williams, I shoot my LB's in the gap, because you either net Green or you stuff Holmes.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 11:11 PM
This is interesting and I'm sure Gibbs will notice it in his film review. Brunell attempted 53 passes last Sunday. The most he's ever attempted. If your pass defense is that bad, then I'm expecting 60 attempts.

I haven't seen much of Kansas Shitty (only because of your use of Deadskins) this year but I am worried about Hall. He's awesome and our coverage teams haven't been that good.

It is likely that Brunell will get over 350 yards passing against the Chiefs. Ever since Vermeil has been with the Chiefs the defense as a whole has been amongst the worst in the NFL. Why Gunther doesn't have them taking the heads off of the opposing receivers, is beyond me.

As far as Kansas Shitty, that is pretty good {never heard that one} usually it is the Chefs or the Queefs or something like that.

chiefsfanatik
10-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Actually Alexander had 96 yards not 119 yards on the ground. Bell was the first 100 yard rusher since last year.

I was using that as a primary yardage by team. Not necessarily one runner.

ChiefIronHorse
10-11-2005, 11:54 PM
I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the knowledge and class of just about all of the Chief fans that have come to talk football especially ChiefIronHorse and Chief. Its a nice change of pace to have such intelligent football chatter in our house.

It's not many fans from other teams that I can say that about. Enjoy our website this week.

HTTR

Thanks for the compliment! I'm sure you guys had your share of the donkey fans on this board. I expect them to be all over the CHIEFS forums because they're rivals. However, I can't see when they go to other forums to talk (type) trash. I'm not saying that CHIEF fans are the best or that we don't have homers. To a certain extent, I'm a homer. :lol1:

Do you guys think that the offense will be ready for the crowd at Arrowhead? I know it gets loud and does tend to cause problems for opposing QBs. Pennington seem to have some trouble in week 1 because of the noise.

chrisbcbu
10-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Do you guys think that the offense will be ready for the crowd at Arrowhead? I know it gets loud and does tend to cause problems for opposing QBs. Pennington seem to have some trouble in week 1 because of the noise.

The Skins dont use to many audibles so if the play is called in the huddle without a problem then i dont see the crowd fazing Brunell. However, i do see some problems from the crowd by causing false starts as our OL is prone to some penalties. Especially after a big play.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 07:20 AM
I don't agree.

I hate that folks often lump my site (chiefshuddle.com) in together with some others that are not moderated or structured very well but frankly it happens a lot.

I have around 24 different forum areas and 18 staff that do their best to keep things in order over there.

At any rate it should be a good game, IMO the Redskins caught some bad breaks in the game against Denver.

This site is very nice, kudos to the owner and staff members.

Sorry Chiefs...

I revisited your message board and liked it a lot. I guess my vision was tarnished after visiting that "other" Chiefs site. ;) Accept my apology.

Keep up the good work! I wish you an injury-free game on Sunday.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Sorry Chiefs...

I revisited your message board and liked it a lot. I guess my vision was tarnished after visiting that "other" Chiefs site. ;) Accept my apology.

Keep up the good work! I wish you an injury-free game on Sunday.

Not a problem, like I said that happens frequently.

Keino
10-12-2005, 08:16 AM
I was using that as a primary yardage by team. Not necessarily one runner.
But you said Alexander, not Seahawks. Were you intending to be misleading?

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Which the LBs can do if the Secondary can handle the wideouts.

Agreed but with an undersized corner playing (McCleon) we have to play a lot of zone because its so difficult for him to get a good bump at the los.

Exactly my point, run dogs and green dogs might get the Chiefs to Brunell, but if they don't, Brunell will shred their secondary.

IMO you just described most games in the NFL, you need pressure in order to keep the opposing QB from "shredding" your secondary. I don't care who you have playing back there they can't cover a wideout for 8 seconds. Sooner or later someone is going to get open.

Brunell's mobility bothers me more than anything with him. We seem to have trouble containing mobile quarterbacks because we focus so much on the ball leaving us open to the bootleg. Brunell used to be one of my favorites when he played with Jacksonville because his ability to make something happen with his legs. He has had a resurgence this season in that aspect. That run he had in Dallas on 4th down to keep the drive alive was incredible. Reminded me of the old school Brunell.

Yeah, and that exactly the problem matchup I see with the Chiefs defense:
1-No one person the Chiefs have can cover Moss because of his speed
2-To deal with this, you need to mix up the coverages and play the secondary back. A cover 2 wouldn't be a bad idea.
3-This backs away the LBs and Safeties from the LOS, but the Chiefs dont have the Dline(especially sizewise) to stop Portis consistantly and opens up the middle of the field.

I can see Gunther pulling out a lot of blitz packages in this matchup and Portis has always been a problem for the Chiefs.

So either gamble against the run or gamble with the blitz and hope to disrupt the Skins' offense, but the Skins threw 53 passes last week and gave up zero sacks.

I would imagine that the Chiefs are going to have to rely a lot on the offense, the X-Factor giving us good field position and the fact that it will be a lot more difficult for the Redskin's defense to show all the packages they Williams can throw out there with the Chiefs ability to shift the offense on every play. The crowd will also be a huge factor.

IMO the main keys in this game will be the return of our 10 time all pro left tackle Willie Roaf and our right tackle being able to shift back into his neutral position. This will also free up Tony Gonzalez to be the receiving tight end that he truly is because with Roaf there will be no reason to stack the line with two tight ends on one side just to try and block a speed rushing defensive end.

I look for Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzalez to have a big day at Arrowhead.

Good luck fellas, this should be a great game.

chrisbcbu
10-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Agreed but with an undersized corner playing (McCleon) we have to play a lot of zone because its so difficult for him to get a good bump at the los.

IMO you just described most games in the NFL, you need pressure in order to keep the opposing QB from "shredding" your secondary. I don't care who you have playing back there they can't cover a wideout for 8 seconds. Sooner or later someone is going to get open.

Brunell's mobility bothers me more than anything with him. We seem to have trouble containing mobile quarterbacks because we focus so much on the ball leaving us open to the bootleg. Brunell used to be one of my favorites when he played with Jacksonville because his ability to make something happen with his legs. He has had a resurgence this season in that aspect. That run he had in Dallas on 4th down to keep the drive alive was incredible. Reminded me of the old school Brunell.

I can see Gunther pulling out a lot of blitz packages in this matchup and Portis has always been a problem for the Chiefs.

I would imagine that the Chiefs are going to have to rely a lot on the offense, the X-Factor giving us good field position and the fact that it will be a lot more difficult for the Redskin's defense to show all the packages they Williams can throw out there with the Chiefs ability to shift the offense on every play. The crowd will also be a huge factor.

IMO the main keys in this game will be the return of our 10 time all pro left tackle Willie Roaf and our right tackle being able to shift back into his neutral position. This will also free up Tony Gonzalez to be the receiving tight end that he truly is because with Roaf there will be no reason to stack the line with two tight ends on one side just to try and block a speed rushing defensive end.

I look for Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Eddie Kennison and Tony Gonzalez to have a big day at Arrowhead.

Good luck fellas, this should be a great game.

As it stands right now, i am only really worried about 2 players. And they are Gonzalez(he is due for a big game) and Dante Hall. With our special teams not playing very well, Dante is going to have a great game if the Skins kick to him. I would rather the punter just sky the ball for a 30 yd punt and have him fair catch than do a 60 yarder and give him a chance to return it.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Gonzalez hasnt had too hot of a year this year, and i think your under estimating ST alil bit. He might give up a couple catches, but i highly doubt Conz gets a 50 yard TD while ST is covering him...

Gonzalez has been under-utilized, believe me this has nothing to do with Tony's ability to make plays. He has been assigned to help rookie tackles (outside of their default position) block because Willie Roaf has been sidelined with a bad hammy.

No offense because I believe that Sean Taylor is a premier safety in the league but no safety can matchup one on one with Tony Gonzalez but I certainly hope that they try.

About half the time defenses have their premier corner playing Gonzalez in man coverage if thats how they decide to handle it but most of the time Tony G will pull a double or even triple team in certain situations. Even that didn't stop him from having the most receptions of anyone in the National Football league last season.

I would be very concerned with Gonzalez if I were the Redskins because he is already pissed about his situation this season so far, Roaf will be back freeing him up from the ridiculous blocking assignments, the coaches want to get him more invloved and he is set to explode offensively at any time.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Not a problem, like I said that happens frequently.

Did you write this (http://www.chiefshuddle.com/week6101105.html) article on your website?

Very good content...and a surprisingly unbiased preview of the Redskins.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:40 AM
As it stands right now, i am only really worried about 2 players. And they are Gonzalez(he is due for a big game) and Dante Hall. With our special teams not playing very well, Dante is going to have a great game if the Skins kick to him. I would rather the punter just sky the ball for a 30 yd punt and have him fair catch than do a 60 yarder and give him a chance to return it.

Well Kennison has also been playing extremely well (partially due to the lack of play from the other wide receivers and tight ends) and Priest Holmes loves to go ariel at Arrowhead.

Keep in mind that on an offensive line, arguably the most important position on any team is left tackle. In the Chiefs offense the left tackle is without a doubt the most important. Big Willie pulls to lead block and has the ability to overcome even double teams on blitz packages and run situations off tackle.

This is Priest Holmes favorite lane to run through.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Did you write this (http://www.chiefshuddle.com/week6101105.html) article on your website?

Very good content...and a surprisingly unbiased preview of the Redskins.

No, that would be my Senior Staff writer Lee Nazal.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Gonzalez has been under-utilized, believe me this has nothing to do with Tony's ability to make plays. He has been assigned to help rookie tackles (outside of their default position) block because Willie Roaf has been sidelined with a bad hammy.

No offense because I believe that Sean Taylor is a premier safety in the league but no safety can matchup one on one with Tony Gonzalez but I certainly hope that they try.

About half the time defenses have their premier corner playing Gonzalez in man coverage if thats how they decide to handle it but most of the time Tony G will pull a double or even triple team in certain situations. Even that didn't stop him from having the most receptions of anyone in the National Football league last season.

I would be very concerned with Gonzalez if I were the Redskins because he is already pissed about his situation this season so far, Roaf will be back freeing him up from the ridiculous blocking assignments, the coaches want to get him more invloved and he is set to explode offensively at any time.

I remember the Broncos placed Champ Bailey 1-on-1 on Gonzo last year...and he only recorded 5 catches for 61 yards in those two games. Did Champ really cover him straight up, or did he have help? I'd be interested to know, because Gonzo was really shut out in those games.

That being said...I highly doubt Shawn Springs will be asked to do that job. (at least not alone)

RedskinsReaper21
10-12-2005, 08:44 AM
How about Eric Hicks? Gotta wish my fellow Terp alum luck...he's gonna need it against Jansen. Still, I don't think they will be able to stop Portis. He's going to have his best game of the season so far.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:49 AM
I remember the Broncos placed Champ Bailey 1-on-1 on Gonzo last year...and he only recorded 5 catches for 61 yards in those two games. Did Champ really cover him straight up, or did he have help? I'd be interested to know, because Gonzo was really shut out in those games.

That being said...I highly doubt Shawn Springs will be asked to do that job. (at least not alone)

In the first game Champ covered him quite a bit and yes he does pretty well against Tony but Bailey has exceptional cover skills. He did not cover him the entire game though. In the second game the Chiefs were shredding Denver's run defense and Kennison also smoked Bailey for two touchdowns. Everything was firing right but Tony was double and triple covered through almost the entire game.

Springs is a solid CB and is having a very good year with the Skins but honestly he won't be able to cover Gonzalez alone.

The key with Tony is how much the refs let the defenders get away with. Its almost comical how much contact he takes beyond the 5 yard line. In every game when they show the "great coverage" against Tony Gonzalez its almost sickening to watch he gets held to much.

Oh well, thats what you deal with when you are such a difficult matchup, if they called a flag everytime Gonzalez was held every Chiefs game would be 6 hours long. Somehow he still manages to produce.

MONK_in_HOF
10-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Well I wish we would have caught the same break the Eagles did and faced the Chiefs sans Willie Roaf. Since he has been out the Chiefs have looked like an average offense. If Roaf is healthy come game time our D will have to have their best performance yet IMO.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:54 AM
How about Eric Hicks? Gotta wish my fellow Terp alum luck...he's gonna need it against Jansen. Still, I don't think they will be able to stop Portis. He's going to have his best game of the season so far.

He's having a decent year so far, the defensive line has been under performing a bit IMO. Probably because Ryan Sims had such a good camp/preseason and they built the run defense around that. Unfortunately he was done for the season in the very first game. This is one of the key reasons IMO that the linebackers (particularly Kawika Mitchell) have had to focus on plugging the gaps so much. Sims played a lot of two gap.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Well I wish we would have caught the same break the Eagles did and faced the Chiefs sans Willie Roaf. Since he has been out the Chiefs have looked like an average offense. If Roaf is healthy come game time our D will have to have their best performance yet IMO.

Yes, never under estimate the power of a ten time all pro left tackle when your running game is the spark that drives the offensive engine.

The worst part about that entire situation is that not only did we lose such an important player but we also had to shift a 3rd year right tackle (first year starting) to cover the left tackle and start a rookie at right tackle.

The key component to one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for the past several years is the offensive line. When in tact its certainly hard to argue they aren't the best in the business with the likes of Willie Roaf, Will Sheilds, Brian Waters and Casey Weigmann.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 09:22 AM
This won't be the first time Greg Williams has had to scheme a defense against Gonzo. Williams faced him twice when he was the HC in Buffalo.

2002 - Gonzo had 2 catches for 17 yards
2003 - Gonzo had 6 catches for 65 yards and 1 TD
One game, he was held in check...one game he wasn't.

Skins fans are simply going to have to place their trust in Greg Williams to create the best possible schemes for him.

GWBlitzST
10-12-2005, 09:32 AM
This will be a good game, but the Redskins are due to drop at least 24 and I expect Clinton Portis to have two touchdowns this week. I think our run D will come out swinging and if Springs and Harris come back, we will be able to have Sean Taylor hang out around the line of scrimmage. Look for some HUGE collisions between Taylor and Richardson when Taylor is run blitzing. Phillip Daniels will have his hands full, and I'd really like to see Lavar play at least some, but I think this game will be much easier to win than last week's in the cold rain and snow.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 09:33 AM
This won't be the first time Greg Williams has had to scheme a defense against Gonzo. Williams faced him twice when he was the HC in Buffalo.

2002 - Gonzo had 2 catches for 17 yards
2003 - Gonzo had 6 catches for 65 yards and 1 TD
One game, he was held in check...one game he wasn't.

Skins fans are simply going to have to place their trust in Greg Williams to create the best possible schemes for him.

I actually watched both of those games because one of my best friends is a Buffalo Bills fan.

Unfortunately for Greg Williams it meant that he couldn't stack the linebackers often because of double coverage on Gonzalez.

The results,

2002 - Priest Holmes 104 yards rushing and 1 TD

2003 - Priest Holmes 83 yards rushing and 3 TDs

2 losses @ Arrowhead.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 09:47 AM
This will be a good game, but the Redskins are due to drop at least 24 and I expect Clinton Portis to have two touchdowns this week. I think our run D will come out swinging and if Springs and Harris come back, we will be able to have Sean Taylor hang out around the line of scrimmage. Look for some HUGE collisions between Taylor and Richardson when Taylor is run blitzing. Phillip Daniels will have his hands full, and I'd really like to see Lavar play at least some, but I think this game will be much easier to win than last week's in the cold rain and snow.

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised about this comment, the Chiefs are currently averaging 22.8 points per game allowed and the Skins are averaging 15.5 points per game on offense.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Yes, never under estimate the power of a ten time all pro left tackle when your running game is the spark that drives the offensive engine.

The worst part about that entire situation is that not only did we lose such an important player but we also had to shift a 3rd year right tackle (first year starting) to cover the left tackle and start a rookie at right tackle.

The key component to one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL for the past several years is the offensive line. When in tact its certainly hard to argue they aren't the best in the business with the likes of Willie Roaf, Will Sheilds, Brian Waters and Casey Weigmann.

Getting Roaf back helps the Chiefs offense, but does nothing to help a defense that has fallen apart in two straight games. If Roaf doesn't play(which is extremely doubtful) or is still hurt(possibility), the Skins will be more effective at stopping Holmes and that makes it much harder for the Chiefs to win.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 09:52 AM
I have to say that I'm a bit surprised about this comment, the Chiefs are currently averaging 22.8 points per game allowed and the Skins are averaging 15.5 points per game on offense.

And the Chiefs have let up 33.5 per game over the last two, while the Skins have averaged 20.5. The Skins should able to pass 25-30 points on Sunday.

GWBlitzST
10-12-2005, 10:00 AM
And the Chiefs have let up 33.5 per game over the last two, while the Skins have averaged 20.5. The Skins should able to pass 25-30 points on Sunday.
Thanks akh, you're always there with some stats to back me up!
I was just saying that we've scored more points each game (not counting overtime), and if the Chiefs are worried about our passing, which they should be, then Portis is going to have a big day.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Getting Roaf back helps the Chiefs offense, but does nothing to help a defense that has fallen apart in two straight games. If Roaf doesn't play(which is extremely doubtful) or is still hurt(possibility), the Skins will be more effective at stopping Holmes and that makes it much harder for the Chiefs to win.

No offense intended but the two teams that they have "fallen apart" to are two of the better offensive teams in the league and one of them was in a place and by a team in which the Redskins just lost and their defense only managed to hold them to 3 field goals less scoring.

As far as the offense was concerned the Chiefs had problems scoring directly related to Roaf.

On the other side the Chiefs are playing at Arrowhead and against a team that isn't nearly the offensive threat that Philly is.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 10:36 AM

20 + 19 = 39 / 2 = 19.5 the Skins have averaged against a tenth ranked and eighteenth ranked scoring defenses respectively.

33.5 the Chiefs have allowed againts an eigth ranked and an seventeenth ranked scoring offenses respectively.

Philly 24.4 per game and Denver 20.2 per game versus Redskins 15.5 per game.

Previously the Chiefs played teams averaging 19.0 and 12.2 points per game, the Skins fit in somewhere in the middle of that.

RoanokeSkin
10-12-2005, 10:39 AM
20 + 19 = 39 / 2 = 19.5 the Skins have averaged against a tenth ranked and eighteenth ranked scoring defenses respectively.

33.5 the Chiefs have allowed againts an eigth ranked and an seventeenth ranked scoring offenses respectively.

Philly 24.4 per game and Denver 20.2 per game versus Redskins 15.5 per game.

Previously the Chiefs played teams averaging 19.0 and 12.2 points per game, the Skins fit in somewhere in the middle of that.

Again I will point out, the offense has improved every single week. It will do so again this week, and we will score 24+.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Again I will point out, the offense has improved every single week. It will do so again this week, and we will score 24+.

Well, I was pointing out fact not speculation.

The offense improving every week, although not entirely correct could be considered fact but saying "It will do so again this week, and we will score 24+." is only speculation based on the current facts.

At any rate, it should be a good game.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Offensive Comparison:
Washington: 8th Ranked Offense against 4 teams averaging 12th Offensive Ranking
(Including playing the #3 and #10 defenses)
Kansas City: 11th Ranked Offense against 4 team averaging 18the Offensive Ranking
(Including playing the #8 defense)

Defensive Comparison:
Washington: 5th Ranked Defense against 4 teams averaging 14th Offensive Ranking
(including playing the #1 and #7 offenses)
Kansas City: 27th Ranked Defense against 4 teams averaging 17th Offensive Ranking
(including playing the #6 offense)

Washington has a better offensive and defensive ranking...AND they have faced better offenses and defenses in their opponents.

GWBlitzST
10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Offensive Comparison:
Kansas City: 11th Ranked Offense against 4 team averaging 18the Offensive Ranking

Defensive Comparison:
Kansas City: 27th Ranked Defense against 4 teams averaging 17th Offensive Ranking

Washington has a better offensive and defensive ranking...AND they have faced better offenses and defenses in their opponents.
AND we will have our starting CBs back. If this game was being played in RFK, I wouldn't be at all worried. But Arrowhead is very tough, although I don't see how it could be much tougher than the Dallas Homecoming or the Denver Snow games. How many yards did Mike Anderson have again? Priest and Larry might be good running backs, but take away 3 runs from the past two games (Alexander 1, Bell 2), and other teams simply haven't been able to move the ball on the ground against us. It's just the way of the Redskins. And now that we have a passing threat, teams will have to give a lot of room to Portis and we WILL run outside all day long. Portis loves KC, and will come to play on Sunday.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 11:59 AM
AND we will have our starting CBs back.

That is why I posted those rankings. The Redskins have performed better against better teams than the Chiefs have faced. AND...both teams have had significant losses in injuries along the way. Roaf for KC..Springs for WAS. It washes out in the end...

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Offensive Comparison:

Defensive Comparison:

Those are based on offensive "statistics" not just scoring, scoring and yardage are two entirely different things.

Specifically when were were talking points.

Don't get me wrong, statistically so far anybody can pull their chain however they want to compare chances of winning but ultimately it boils down to points and it will all be meaningless come Sunday.

For example, offensively in statistical "rankings":

Washington has 1468 yards and a 5.1 average yards per play.

KC has 1381 yards and an average of 5.4 yards per play.

Thats a difference of 87 total yards of offense Washington has over KC but KC .3 yards per play more than Washington statistically.

Note one major difference, Offensive penalties:

Washington: 29 for 202 yards

Kansas City: 32 for 262 yards

Minus the 60 yards alone a ton of those were drive breaking 3rd down penalties and most were holding called on our 2nd year right tackle playing left tackle and our rookie right tackle.

Take that into consideration with the fact that our 10 time All Pro left tackle Willie Roaf has been on the sidelines for 3 of the 4 games we've played and our 6 time All Pro tight end that led the entire league in receptions last season has had 16 in four games for 129 yards mostly due to blocking assignments forced by the absense of Willie Roaf.

I guess my point is that I would take the offensive performance although not terrible in the past four games with a grain of salt coming into Arrowhead because if the big man is back KC has the ability to break NFL records against top rush defenses and single handedly knock them down 8 positions in the "rankings" at Arrowhead.

Just ask the Falcons.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 12:06 PM
No offense intended but the two teams that they have "fallen apart" to are two of the better offensive teams in the league and one of them was in a place and by a team in which the Redskins just lost and their defense only managed to hold them to 3 field goals less scoring.

As far as the offense was concerned the Chiefs had problems scoring directly related to Roaf.

On the other side the Chiefs are playing at Arrowhead and against a team that isn't nearly the offensive threat that Philly is.

And the Skins held one of them to 9 less points last week and 99 less yards than KC did (and Plummer had a qb rating of 116 against the Chiefs, and a 64 against the Skins; Trent Green had 100 less yards and a Qb rating 10 points lower than Brunell did against the Broncos) and held the other to 13 points the last time they faced them. Philly has a better passing attack, but they don't run the ball likethe Skins do. The Chiefs have done well against one dimensional offenses, but the Skins are a very good balanced offense.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Just ask the Falcons.

The Falcons didn't have nearly the defense the Skins have now, especially against the run. They had(and have today) an undersized Dline with a shaky secondary. The Skins don't.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:09 PM
AND we will have our starting CBs back. If this game was being played in RFK, I wouldn't be at all worried. But Arrowhead is very tough, although I don't see how it could be much tougher than the Dallas Homecoming or the Denver Snow games. How many yards did Mike Anderson have again? Priest and Larry might be good running backs, but take away 3 runs from the past two games (Alexander 1, Bell 2), and other teams simply haven't been able to move the ball on the ground against us. It's just the way of the Redskins. And now that we have a passing threat, teams will have to give a lot of room to Portis and we WILL run outside all day long. Portis loves KC, and will come to play on Sunday.

FYI: The rushing statistics with Denver versus KC are VERY skewed from 3 reverses that gained big yards from two of their wide receivers (which they never even attempted against Washington).

Also much like the big gains from Tatum Bell against Washington the long runs against KC are what gained the Denver backs their yardage.

Ultimately between Anderson, Bell and Dayne (Dayne didn't play against Washington) the Chiefs held their backs to 151 yards total rushing, Washington gave up 161 yards between Bell and Anderson.

I posted this on my site earlier, its a break down of rushing against KC by the Denver backs and how the big runs came into play, I didn't do it for Washington but I am sure its similar considering Denvers zone blocking technique and 1 cut downhill style, sooner or later it will break down almost any defense.

Mike Anderson for example had 98 rushing yards against Kansas City, 44 of them came off a single one cut run.

Tatum Bell had 47 yards rushing against KC, 24 of them came from a single one cut run.

Ron 12 sandwich eating Dayne had 6 yards against KC, 4 of them came on a single one cut run.

Between their backs thats 151 yards rushing, 72 of those yards came from 3 attempts. With 30 attempts between all of them -3 for the big runs would make 27 attempts for 79 yards with a 2.9 AYPC minus those three breaking runs.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:16 PM
The Falcons didn't have nearly the defense the Skins have now, especially against the run. They had(and have today) an undersized Dline with a shaky secondary. The Skins don't.

All season in 2004 Atlanta gave up 377 yards more than the Redskins, 271 of those yards came in that game.

They might have/might be slightly better but not that much, anyway the point was thats the sort of difference that Willie Roaf can make.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:19 PM
That is why I posted those rankings. The Redskins have performed better against better teams than the Chiefs have faced. AND...both teams have had significant losses in injuries along the way. Roaf for KC..Springs for WAS. It washes out in the end...

I'm sorry but losing Shawn Springs for 3 quarters versus Willie Roaf for 3 games doesn't "wash out in the end".

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Those are based on offensive "statistics" not just scoring, scoring and yardage are two entirely different things.

Specifically when were were talking points.

Don't get me wrong, statistically so far anybody can pull their chain however they want to compare chances of winning but ultimately it boils down to points and it will all be meaningless come Sunday.

I'll make sure to alert the NFL and every single football analyst in the country from ever using yardage rankings again. :rolleyes:

Minus the 60 yards alone a ton of those were drive breaking 3rd down penalties and most were holding called on our 2nd year right tackle playing left tackle and our rookie right tackle.

Take that into consideration with the fact that our 10 time All Pro left tackle Willie Roaf has been on the sidelines for 3 of the 4 games we've played and our 6 time All Pro tight end that led the entire league in receptions last season has had 16 in four games for 129 yards mostly due to blocking assignments forced by the absense of Willie Roaf.

Seems like an awful lot of excuses here. Kansas City is not the only team hurt by injuries. We lost our sure-footed kicker, and have had two blocked field goals by our rookie kicker because of it. We were without our top 2 cornerbacks for a while, as well. But that hasn't stopped this club from getting better and better each week.

The truth of the matter is...points scored isn't the best stat to look at either. WINS are. You can score 40 points and still not win. You can allow only 3 points and still lose. IMO, Points scored and points allowed are just as pertinent as yardage gained and yardage allowed. They all tell the story of the game, that comes down to WINS and LOSES.

Redskin Wins: 3 against four teams with .579 winning percentage
Kansas City Wins: 2 against four teams with .530 winning percentage

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry but losing Shawn Springs for 3 quarters versus Willie Roaf for 3 games doesn't "wash out in the end".

You don't have to believe me...but Shawn Springs is just as valuable to our defense as Roaf is valuable to your offense.

Greg Williams' schemes depend on his presence.

Discalced
10-12-2005, 12:21 PM
FYI: The rushing statistics with Denver versus KC are VERY skewed from 3 reverses that gained big yards from two of their wide receivers (which they never even attempted against Washington).

Also much like the big gains from Tatum Bell against Washington the long runs against KC are what gained the Denver backs their yardage.

Ultimately between Anderson, Bell and Dayne (Dayne didn't play against Washington) the Chiefs held their backs to 151 yards total rushing, Washington gave up 161 yards between Bell and Anderson.

I posted this on my site earlier, its a break down of rushing against KC by the Denver backs and how the big runs came into play, I didn't do it for Washington but I am sure its similar considering Denvers zone blocking technique and 1 cut downhill style, sooner or later it will break down almost any defense.

In the end, only one thing is going to matter: whether Hurricane Katrina affected Kansas City's Kleenex Supply. Stock up now. :Peace:

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:29 PM
And the Skins held one of them to 9 less points last week and 99 less yards than KC did (and Plummer had a qb rating of 116 against the Chiefs, and a 64 against the Skins; Trent Green had 100 less yards and a Qb rating 10 points lower than Brunell did against the Broncos) and held the other to 13 points the last time they faced them. Philly has a better passing attack, but they don't run the ball likethe Skins do. The Chiefs have done well against one dimensional offenses, but the Skins are a very good balanced offense.

Three field goals worth of points and 99 yards...

You act like the Redskins offense and defense is above and beyond but with what you've stated right there alone its obvious that its not.

Again, the Chiefs were missing a key compnent of their offense as well, otherwise KC's offense would have been a little more "balanced" as well.

Here was another little factor in the Denver game:

KC Penalties - 13 for 118 yards
DEN Penalties - 4 for 30 yards

------------------------------

WAS penalties - 10 for 67 yards
DEN penalties - 6 for 43 yards

I don't use them as excuses because quite frankly the Chiefs and the Redskins should have been able to beat Denver IMO but 88 penalty yards difference in a team can certainly put a damper on your spirits. Specifically when a ton of them come from your make shift offensive line.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I'll make sure to alert the NFL and every single football analyst in the country from ever using yardage rankings again. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be condescending, I thought we were having a conversation about how many points that the Skins would score at Arrowhead and you were posting some statistics that might prove useful to that particular conversation.

Seems like an awful lot of excuses here. Kansas City is not the only team hurt by injuries. We lost our sure-footed kicker, and have had two blocked field goals by our rookie kicker because of it. We were without our top 2 cornerbacks for a while, as well. But that hasn't stopped this club from getting better and better each week.

The truth of the matter is...points scored isn't the best stat to look at either. WINS are. You can score 40 points and still not win. You can allow only 3 points and still lose. IMO, Points scored and points allowed are just as pertinent as yardage gained and yardage allowed. They all tell the story of the game, that comes down to WINS and LOSES.

No, You're right. I can see now that I was stupid to think that losing a one of the best offensive linemen to ever play the game could be comparible to losing a kicker and a corner for 3 quarters of a game.

I also can't believe that I couldn't see that points scored versus points allowed aren't the best stat to look at when trying to determine future performances, when I could have just looked at the standings to determine that the Chiefs will lose at home on Sunday.

Well good luck guys, I can see that my efforts here are in vain.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Specifically when a ton of them come from your make shift offensive line.

I checked the play-by-play of this game...and only 40 yards (roughly 1/3) of the penalty yards came from your 'makeshift O-line".

There were still 9 penalties worth 78 yards of penalties assessed to the Chiefs...

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
In the end, only one thing is going to matter: whether Hurricane Katrina affected Kansas City's Kleenex Supply. Stock up now. :Peace:

Terrific contribution,

Peace Mark, Its obvious that I'm too intellectually over powered to participate here.

Discalced
10-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Terrific contribution,

Peace Mark, Its obvious that I'm too intellectually over powered to participate here.

Intended as a joke, perceived as a flame, explained as a miscommunication. Back to the drawing board.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 12:58 PM
You don't have to be condescending, I thought we were having a conversation about how many points that the Skins would score at Arrowhead and you were posting some statistics that might prove useful to that particular conversation.

We have been comparing both teams on every level...so me posting yardage stats has a lot to do with the topic at hand. Instead of addressing them, you decided to denounce them. Thats fine.

Well good luck guys, I can see that my efforts here are in vain.

We were having a civil and educated discussion on football. I am hard pressed to find why you would want to walk away from it. You have not been insulted nor have you been belittled. If you are leaving becuase people are not quick to agree with your opinion, then that is your choice...

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Three field goals worth of points and 99 yards...

You act like the Redskins offense and defense is above and beyond but with what you've stated right there alone its obvious that its not.

Again, the Chiefs were missing a key compnent of their offense as well, otherwise KC's offense would have been a little more "balanced" as well.

Here was another little factor in the Denver game:

KC Penalties - 13 for 118 yards
DEN Penalties - 4 for 30 yards

------------------------------

WAS penalties - 10 for 67 yards
DEN penalties - 6 for 43 yards

I don't use them as excuses because quite frankly the Chiefs and the Redskins should have been able to beat Denver IMO but 88 penalty yards difference in a team can certainly put a damper on your spirits. Specifically when a ton of them come from your make shift offensive line.

yeah, real make shift, two of the best tackles in football, a Pro bowl guard and a center who when he left the Ravens thier Oline fell apart.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 01:33 PM
All season in 2004 Atlanta gave up 377 yards more than the Redskins, 271 of those yards came in that game.

They might have/might be slightly better but not that much, anyway the point was thats the sort of difference that Willie Roaf can make.

And Atlanta had a defense that had tiny Dlinemen and a questionable secondary that needed support. They were no match for the Chiefs Oline. I really hope the Chiefs coaching staff is as focused on stats instead of matchups as much as you are because that will mean a slam dunk victory for the skins. Games aren't played on paper, they are played on the field. Getting Roaf back helps you Run offense, but does NOTHING to help your defense.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 01:34 PM

As the saying goes, don't count your chickens before they hatch there Chicken Little. Yes, the Skins are looking good thus far and nobody is denying that. But those win loss records really don't mean a thing at week 6. Just ask what happened to the CHIEFS team that were 13-3 a couple of years ago. It's good to start out strong. But it's even better to start out strong AND finish strong too.

There seems like theres alot of stats being thrown around. Which is fine because that's how alot of games are previewed and analysis are made. But the truth in the matter is that if my dad can beat up your dad, your dad can beat up johnny's dad, johnny's dad can beat up freedie's dad, freddie's dad can beat up Billy's dad doesn't mean that my dad can beat up Billy's dad. Get my point?

I believe that both teams are strong. This isn't going to be a cake walk for either team. I'm my opinion, this game is going to come down to 3 factors:

1. Running game.
2. Turnovers.
3. Field position.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 01:38 PM
As the saying goes, don't count your chickens before they hatch there Chicken Little. .

I'm certainly not counting my chickend before they hatch. I haven't once predicted that the Skins will win this game. I've only showed how "statistically" they are the more dominant team...and they have played against more dominant teams. There is something to be said about that...

Of course nothing matters until the game is played...but if we couldn't talk about stats and such, then message boards like this wouldn't exist, would it?

CornerBlitz
10-12-2005, 01:40 PM
And Atlanta had a defense that had tiny Dlinemen and a questionable secondary that needed support. They were no match for the Chiefs Oline. I really hope the Chiefs coaching staff is as focused on stats instead of matchups as much as you are because that will mean a slam dunk victory for the skins. Games aren't played on paper, they are played on the field. Getting Roaf back helps you Run offense, but does NOTHING to help your defense.
You know what some people say about stats, "Stats are for the team with the L."

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM

On the contrary, Roaf in a sense will help the defense. Long, time consuming drives mean less time for the CHIEFS defense to be on the field. Washington has an advantage in the TOP department with about a 3 minute more average then the CHIEFS. But back to my point, with Roaf playing all 16 games last year, the CHIEFS had the 3rd best TOP offense in the league. Without Road for 3 1/2 games, they're ranked 12th. Keeping Brunell and Portis off the field is what the offense is looking for on Sunday. Long, time consuming drives slowly kills defenses. On the other side of the coin, Washington has looked very good in the TOP department. So the same thing could be said about them keeping Green, Holmes/Johnson and Gonzalez off the field.

Another thing that will help the defense is the return of Warfield. I know he was start but he'll be in there for the nickle and dime packages.

akhhorus
You know what some people say about stats, "Stats are for the team with the L."

I thought it was stats are for those who can't get dates on friday nights?

Chiefs
yeah, real make shift, two of the best tackles in football, a Pro bowl guard and a center who when he left the Ravens thier Oline fell apart.

One of the one best tackles in football (Willie Roaf which we have been talking about in this entire thread) has not been with the Chiefs in the past three games.

This caused a second year right tackle (Jordan Black, by no means one of the best in football) to shift to left tackle to cover for Roaf and a rookie tackle (Kevin Sampson) to play at right tackle.

Brian Waters and Will Sheilds are two of the best guards in football, both pro bowlers and one a perennial pro bowler.

Casey Wiegmann is our center and while I agree that he is one of the best in football and is very underrated, he never played for the Ravens, he came from the Bears which do have the best Center in football in Olin Kreutz.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I thought it was stats are for those who can't get dates on friday nights?

I believe your thinking of a bottle of lotion and a dirty mag. :lol1:

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I checked the play-by-play of this game...and only 40 yards (roughly 1/3) of the penalty yards came from your 'makeshift O-line".

There were still 9 penalties worth 78 yards of penalties assessed to the Chiefs...

You don't consider 4 holding penalties for 40 yards on the offensive line alone to be a ton?

I didn't say that all the penalties came from the offensive line, however just the ones that came from the line alone was 10 yards more than Denver was called in the entire game.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Intended as a joke, perceived as a flame, explained as a miscommunication. Back to the drawing board.

My bad, its all about perception I suppose.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm certainly not counting my chickend before they hatch. I haven't once predicted that the Skins will win this game. I've only showed how "statistically" they are the more dominant team...and they have played against more dominant teams. There is something to be said about that...

Of course nothing matters until the game is played...but if we couldn't talk about stats and such, then message boards like this wouldn't exist, would it?

Well theres always a discussion about the strenths and weaknesses of our teams. Like I stated before, if my dad can beat up your dad....ect. Stats can be a tool to measure two teams playing. But that doesn't mean that the team with better stats is going to automaticlly win.

I know the CHIEFS weaknesses are penaties and the secondary. I haven't once predicted that the CHIEFS will win this Sunday as well. I feel (and I'm being a homer here) that they have a strong team. With the return of Roaf, look to see more sweeps and screens then the previous 3 games.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey Akhhorus,

How are the Skins Defensive ends looking this year. I did watch the Skins play the donkeys but I didn't notice how the DE were doing?

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 01:52 PM
We have been comparing both teams on every level...so me posting yardage stats has a lot to do with the topic at hand. Instead of addressing them, you decided to denounce them. Thats fine.

As you can clearly see from my other post I based it upon the current discussion which was about points. Apparently we both misunderstood.

We were having a civil and educated discussion on football. I am hard pressed to find why you would want to walk away from it. You have not been insulted nor have you been belittled. If you are leaving becuase people are not quick to agree with your opinion, then that is your choice...

If I simply wanted someone to agree with me I wouldn't be trying to make an effort to have a conversation on an opposing teams website.

My reasoning was what appeared to me to be lack of respect that you gave me in your response about analysts and statistics with an eyeroll icon as if to get some reassurance from your audience.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 01:53 PM
One of the one best tackles in football (Willie Roaf which we have been talking about in this entire thread) has not been with the Chiefs in the past three games.

This caused a second year right tackle (Jordan Black, by no means one of the best in football) to shift to left tackle to cover for Roaf and a rookie tackle (Kevin Sampson) to play at right tackle.

Brian Waters and Will Sheilds are two of the best guards in football, both pro bowlers and one a perennial pro bowler.

Casey Wiegmann is our center and while I agree that he is one of the best in football and is very underrated, he never played for the Ravens, he came from the Bears which do have the best Center in football in Olin Kreutz.

You have a great oline, no doubt. But Stats are stats to you. It shouldn't matter whether or not Roaf was out or not. But if matchups matter to you and it matters that Roaf was out, then holding up the Atlanta game as proof is ridiculous. They have a tiny Dline and a fast, but undisciplined defense. If you're going to expect to have similar results against the Skins' defense, you're in for a rude surprise. By this logic, the Seahawks should have blown the doors off the skins and while it was a close game, the Skins dominated the game until the 4th quarter. And even with Roaf in your lineup, your defense wasn't any better. The Jets couldn't run or pass, not because of your defense, but because they turned the ball over a ton and had a Qb who was at 50% at best. The Raiders should have beaten you, but their terrible coaching and terrible discipline did them in.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey Akhhorus,

How are the Skins Defensive ends looking this year. I did watch the Skins play the donkeys but I didn't notice how the DE were doing?

You don't have to worry about them rushing the passer, but they play disciplined run defense. Thats what they are asked to do, but they aren't a threat to rush Green unless the coverage is stifling.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 01:55 PM
You don't consider 4 holding penalties for 40 yards on the offensive line alone to be a ton?

I didn't say that all the penalties came from the offensive line, however just the ones that came from the line alone was 10 yards more than Denver was called in the entire game.

My point in breaking out the offensive line penatlies from the other penalties was to show that the other sides of the ball NOT associated with Roaf's presence were still making mistakes. 9 penalties for 78 yards is still mistake-laden football.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 01:57 PM

I agree that they were no match for KC's offensive line, few teams are when they are healthy.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 01:58 PM
My reasoning was what appeared to me to be lack of respect that you gave me in your response about analysts and statistics with an eyeroll icon as if to get some reassurance from your audience.

Nope. It was a tounge-in-cheek response...and I was not trying to upstage you by doing it. I'm was baffled that you downplayed the importance of yardage rankings. But as you said...it was misudnestanding from both parties.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 01:58 PM
My point in breaking out the offensive line penatlies from the other penalties was to show that the other sides of the ball NOT associated with Roaf's presence were still making mistakes. 9 penalties for 78 yards is still mistake-laden football.

No matter how bad one Olineman is, penalties and repeated penalties are the fault of his coach as much as they are his fault.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I agree that they were no match for KC's offensive line, few teams are when they are healthy.

When teams don't try to match them up, they have more success. Just throw the Dlinemen at them to occupy them and attack with LBs seems to be effective. It worked for the Broncos.

skins4life24
10-12-2005, 02:04 PM
man this looks like it has been a good discussion . . .i'm sorry i have missed some of it while i was at class!

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
You have a great oline, no doubt. But Stats are stats to you. It shouldn't matter whether or not Roaf was out or not. But if matchups matter to you and it matters that Roaf was out, then holding up the Atlanta game as proof is ridiculous. They have a tiny Dline and a fast, but undisciplined defense. If you're going to expect to have similar results against the Skins' defense, you're in for a rude surprise. By this logic, the Seahawks should have blown the doors off the skins and while it was a close game, the Skins dominated the game until the 4th quarter. And even with Roaf in your lineup, your defense wasn't any better. The Jets couldn't run or pass, not because of your defense, but because they turned the ball over a ton and had a Qb who was at 50% at best. The Raiders should have beaten you, but their terrible coaching and terrible discipline did them in.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on the rAIDerS/CHIEF game. The CHIEFS won that game because of decent offensive play and the containment of Moss. The CHIEFS won that game because of the CHIEFS. Not because the rAIDerS beating themselves. Any team can beat themselves and make mistakes, but it takes a good team to take advantage of those mistakes. The rAIDerS did have several chances to win that game but they couldn't and didn't. Yes, Moss did have a few good catches but for the most part he was contained. And I'd be the first to admit that there was not pass interference in the endzone between McCleon and Moss. If you're going to say that the rAIDerS should have beat us, well then it could be said that Chicago, Dallas and Seattle beat themselves instead of the Skins beating them. I wouldn't say that because it takes a good team to take advantage of the other teams mistakes. Up to this point, Washington has been a good team that takes advantage of other teams mistakes.

CornerBlitz
10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on the rAIDerS/CHIEF game. The CHIEFS won that game because of decent offensive play and the containment of Moss. The CHIEFS won that game because of the CHIEFS. Not because the rAIDerS beating themselves. Any team can beat themselves and make mistakes, but it takes a good team to take advantage of those mistakes. The rAIDerS did have several chances to win that game but they couldn't and didn't. Yes, Moss did have a few good catches but for the most part he was contained. And I'd be the first to admit that there was not pass interference in the endzone between McCleon and Moss. If you're going to say that the rAIDerS should have beat us, well then it could be said that Chicago, Dallas and Seattle beat themselves instead of the Skins beating them. I wouldn't say that because it takes a good team to take advantage of the other teams mistakes. Up to this point, Washington has been a good team that takes advantage of other teams mistakes.
I agree with you on saying that teams dont win because other teams beat themselves.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:09 PM

It shouldn't matter if one of the best offensive linemen in pro football for years and years, not to mention the most important to our running game period is out or not and in his place is a second year lineman that normally plays the other side whom was replaced by a rookie?

Ok,

Anyway, the point of the Atlanta game was that even against vaunted defenses (at the time) the Chiefs can push teams around in the running game, much less the 15th ranked run defense in the league currently.

You say I'm hung up on statistics but thats exactly why you claim your run defense is better (on paper) than it shows (on the field).

I can't comment on the Seahawks game because frankly I didn't watch it but claiming that the Raiders should have beat the Chiefs because of terrible coaching and discipline would be like me saying the same when the Skins come back against Dallas at the end of the game when they clearly should have put it away or against Chicago because of the absolutely horrid offense they put out on the field that allowed the Skins to win the game with 3 field goals because they were starting a rookie QB.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Nope. It was a tounge-in-cheek response...and I was not trying to upstage you by doing it. I'm was baffled that you downplayed the importance of yardage rankings. But as you said...it was misudnestanding from both parties.

No problem, lets chalk this up to a complete misunderstanding...

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 02:15 PM
You don't have to worry about them rushing the passer, but they play disciplined run defense. Thats what they are asked to do, but they aren't a threat to rush Green unless the coverage is stifling.

That's the worse thing to do to Green. Giving him time in the pocket, he'll destroy the Skins secondary. Green has been the best QB in the last 3 years behind Manning and in front of Farve.

GWBlitzST
10-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Speaking of Roaf coming back, sorry but we played a better left side of the Oline against Seattle. It was at home though, so I'll give you that. We will stop the run if our two starting CB's are in there on Sunday.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
When teams don't try to match them up, they have more success. Just throw the Dlinemen at them to occupy them and attack with LBs seems to be effective. It worked for the Broncos.

As I've mentioned at least 20 times in this thread we should have our left tackle back and our right tackle playing his neutral position or even possibly a veteran in there that has been on suspension from last season.

I don't know everything but I do know that the Broncos wouldn't have been as successful in stopping our running game had the offensive line been intact or if the game was played in Arrowhead.

Patrick
10-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey ChiefIronHorse and Chiefs ............ are you guys going to the game? Do you have any idea what the weather suppost to be like??

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Speaking of Roaf coming back, sorry but we played a better left side of the Oline against Seattle. It was at home though, so I'll give you that. We will stop the run if our two starting CB's are in there on Sunday.

Against Steve Hutchinson, Walter Jones and Jeremy Stevens...

It will be a different story against Brian Waters, Willie Roaf and Jason Dunn

The Skinsinator
10-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey ChiefIronHorse and Chiefs ............ are you guys going to the game? Do you have any idea what the weather suppost to be like??
The weather should be great. Check this out. http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=29584

I can't wait to do some tailgating for this one. First actual Skin game I've been to in awhile.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:22 PM

No, I can't go to the game.

The weather is supposed to be Sunny and in the low 70's, oh and VERY loud.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 02:23 PM
It shouldn't matter if one of the best offensive linemen in pro football for years and years, not to mention the most important to our running game period is out or not and in his place is a second year lineman that normally plays the other side whom was replaced by a rookie?

If stats are supreme, then yes. I don't think so, and Roaf will make a difference in the running game, but if he's not 100%, the Chiefs will have problems. The only thing more problematic than a player too hurt to play is a player who is hurt, but plays and isn't himself.

Anyway, the point of the Atlanta game was that even against vaunted defenses (at the time) the Chiefs can push teams around in the running game, much less the 15th ranked run defense in the league currently.

If you looked at the stats, you have a point. But the Falcons were the perfect match up for your Oline. The Skins wont be as big push overs because of the matchups.

You say I'm hung up on statistics but thats exactly why you claim your run defense is better (on paper) than it shows (on the field).

The Skins have shut down 3 teams running the ball. Thomas Jones has done extremely well(both in stats and in play) except for when he played the skins. And the Bears, Dallas and Seahawks have good Olines. Not as good as the Chiefs, but while the Broncos have less talent, their Oline plays better than the Chiefs and except for two runs by Bell(which succeeded because of missed tackles by the Skins) they shut down the Broncos running attack.

I can't comment on the Seahawks game because frankly I didn't watch it

And in that game, the Skins shut down Shaun Alexander(98 yards is shutting down Alexander considering how he's done this year in stats and play) and the dominated Hutchinson(All pro guard with a practice squad DT) and Walter Jones. I'd take Jones over Roaf and Hutchson would start for y'all and any other team in the league.

but claiming that the Raiders should have beat the Chiefs because of terrible coaching and discipline would be like me saying the same when the Skins come back against Dallas at the end of the game when they clearly should have put it away or against Chicago because of the absolutely horrid offense they put out on the field that allowed the Skins to win the game with 3 field goals because they were starting a rookie QB.

And you would have a case saying either. The Raiders lost because of penalties, the Jets lost because they fumbled six times(a fluke for sure) and had a QB who couldn't pass much.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Against Steve Hutchinson, Walter Jones and Jeremy Stevens...

It will be a different story against Brian Waters, Willie Roaf and Jason Dunn

Thats basically a wash when all are healthy. If Roaf isn't 100%, then I would take the Seahawks guys. Stevens has been a bust as a recieving TE, but he's a great blocker at 6'7".

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM

I don't know too much about Seattles left offensive line BUT the CHIEFS do have two Pro Bowl Lineman on the left side. Roaf is a 10 time Pro Bowler and Waters made the Pro Bowl last year. Both of them play on the left side. As far as stopping the run game, not too many teams have done that with Roaf playing. I know what some of the Skins are thinking... "How can one offensive line player make that much of a difference?" I've seen every CHIEFS game for the past 4 years. And believe me, Roaf makes a difference. Greens confidence isn't as good without Roaf. The last 3 games, I've noticed that Green gets happy feet sooner without Roaf then he does when Roaf plays. With Roaf playing, Green has more confidence. Don't get me wrong, I've never said that the Skins will or won't contain the running game of the CHIEFS. It'll be an interesting match up.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 02:31 PM

I'm not going. I've never been to a CHIEFS game in Arrowhead. I live in the northern mountains of New Mexico which means that most of my family are donkey fans. :moon2: I've was at the donkey/CHIEFS game on Monday night. It wasn't pretty to say the least.

The weather should be fair and clear. At least that's what I hear.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I'll be back gentlemen. I'm going to see my daughters science fair.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't know too much about Seattles left offensive line BUT the CHIEFS do have two Pro Bowl Lineman on the left side. Roaf is a 10 time Pro Bowler and Waters made the Pro Bowl last year. Both of them play on the left side.

Walter Jones (5-time pro bowler) and Steve Hutchinson (2-time probowler) are both mulit-year probowlers. They are to the NFC what Roaf and Waters are to the AFC.

I think the Redskins may have a leg up having played against these top-caliber guys 2 weeks ago.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
If stats are supreme, then yes. I don't think so, and Roaf will make a difference in the running game, but if he's not 100%, the Chiefs will have problems. The only thing more problematic than a player too hurt to play is a player who is hurt, but plays and isn't himself.

Roaf could play better than 75% of left tackles injured but he has had three weeks along with a 4th bye week to get healthy.

If you looked at the stats, you have a point. But the Falcons were the perfect match up for your Oline. The Skins wont be as big push overs because of the matchups.

Well I suppose we will have to see because other than taking your word for it I see no reason to think otherwise.

The Skins have shut down 3 teams running the ball. Thomas Jones has done extremely well(both in stats and in play) except for when he played the skins. And the Bears, Dallas and Seahawks have good Olines. Not as good as the Chiefs, but while the Broncos have less talent, their Oline plays better than the Chiefs and except for two runs by Bell(which succeeded because of missed tackles by the Skins) they shut down the Broncos running attack.

We shut down the Broncos running attack better than the Skins as far as backs are concerned, the Jets have a good offensive line and the rushing champion from last season albeit he is not having a good first half and held Westbrook in check in both rushing and receiving. As far as the Broncos having a better line thats a matter of opinion based on performance and technique. They haven't been banged up this season either.

And in that game, the Skins shut down Shaun Alexander(98 yards is shutting down Alexander considering how he's done this year in stats and play) and the dominated Hutchinson(All pro guard with a practice squad DT) and Walter Jones. I'd take Jones over Roaf and Hutchson would start for y'all and any other team in the league.

I don't even know what to say when someone says I would take Jones over Roaf, thats just totally insane. As far as Hutchinson is concerned if you haven't noticed Waters was a Pro Bowl guard last season as well and knows the offense. I seriously doubt Hutch would walk on to the Chiefs offensive line on either side with Will Sheilds on the other.

Shutting down Shuan Alexander when he had 98 yards a 4.9 AYPC and a rushing TD almost makes me want to laugh. Jacksonville did a better job at shutting him down but I guess he didn't get 144 yards and 4 rushing TDs...

And you would have a case saying either. The Raiders lost because of penalties, the Jets lost because they fumbled six times(a fluke for sure) and had a QB who couldn't pass much.

The penalties, the same could be said about teams that lost to the Skins like Chicago and Seattle.

Oh in case you missed it the Chiefs had 3 more penalties for 4 less total yards than the Raiders did in that game.

The Chiefs had pressure on Pennington during that entire game, he had some bad snaps but all those fumbles werent because Pennington was having a bad day the Chiefs forced 3 of them while sacking the QB.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Thats basically a wash when all are healthy. If Roaf isn't 100%, then I would take the Seahawks guys. Stevens has been a bust as a recieving TE, but he's a great blocker at 6'7".

Dunn is there for little other than run blocking.

GWBlitzST
10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Walter Jones (5-time pro bowler) and Steve Hutchinson (2-time probowler) are both mulit-year probowlers. They are to the NFC what Roaf and Waters are to the AFC.

I think the Redskins may have a leg up having played against these top-caliber guys 2 weeks ago.
Add the fact that we just came off of a second half in Denver that produce 5 consecutive 3-and-outs against a team that most would say has a good offensive line, whereas the Chiefs I believe have forced only 3 3-and-outs all season.

GWBlitzST
10-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey Stouty,
HA I just realized you were the "Chief" Moderator! I love dumb jokes.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 02:49 PM

I thought Jones was a 4 time All Pro, anyways I still say we have the advantage but thats simply because Roaf is a 10 time All Pro and arguably the best in the business.

I can see why you would lean that way though being an NFC team fan as I would being an AFC team fan.

Chiefs
10-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Well guys, its been fun, talk to you later I've got to get some work done!

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Roaf could play better than 75% of left tackles injured but he has had three weeks along with a 4th bye week to get healthy.

This is true. But an injured player-even a superstar-can still be a liability. I don't know how healthy he is, and we'll see come Sunday.

Well I suppose we will have to see because other than taking your word for it I see no reason to think otherwise.

Fine. I could care less. The Falcons, last year and this year have the same defense. An undersized Dline(their DTs are 280 lbs) and the Chiefs(and most Olines) have a 50-70 lbs advantage on them. Everyone runs on them(I believe Patrick Pass had 100 yards on them last week), as long as you don't have to throw a ton because you're down point wise.

We shut down the Broncos running attack better than the Skins as far as backs are concerned, the Jets have a good offensive line and the rushing champion from last season albeit he is not having a good first half and held Westbrook in check in both rushing and receiving.

Mike Anderson:
Vs Chiefs: 98 yards
Vs Skins: 34 yards
Tatum Bell:
Vs Chiefs: 9.4 yards per carry
Vs Skins: 10.6 yards per carry

Right...you shut them down so much better :rolleyes:

Curtin Martin looks real old now, and he hasn't done well against anyone. But he had his 2nd best game against the Chiefs. And don't go bragging about what you did to Westbrook since he had 9 carries against y'all. Thats not you shutting him down, that the Eagles not using him. But also, your defense choked that game away.

As far as the Broncos having a better line thats a matter of opinion based on performance and technique. They haven't been banged up this season either.

But on pure talent, even without Roaf, you have a better line. But their line is more effective than yours.

I don't even know what to say when someone says I would take Jones over Roaf, thats just totally insane.

Walter Jones is the best LT in the NFC and one of the 2 best in the NFL. Roaf is a great player and one of the best in the NFL, but I would take Jones over him anyday.

As far as Hutchinson is concerned if you haven't noticed Waters was a Pro Bowl guard last season as well and knows the offense. I seriously doubt Hutch would walk on to the Chiefs offensive line on either side with Will Sheilds on the other.

Hutchinson's been to two straight pro bowls, even with all the great guards in the NFC and has been an AP All Pro Guard two of his five years in the league. He's much better than Waters. He's arguably the best guard in the NFC.

Shutting down Shuan Alexander when he had 98 yards a 4.9 AYPC and a rushing TD almost makes me want to laugh. Jacksonville did a better job at shutting him down but I guess he didn't get 144 yards and 4 rushing TDs...

Considering that he had 60 of his 98 yards in the fourth quarter when the Skins were in a Dime Defense because they were up 14 points on the Seahawks, you shouldn't laugh. Alexander did nothing until the Skins went into a prevent defense.

The penalties, the same could be said about teams that lost to the Skins like Chicago and Seattle.

Nope. They didn't lose because of Offensive Pass interference call on their Star Wideout in the end zone like the Raiders did against the Chiefs.

Oh in case you missed it the Chiefs had 3 more penalties for 4 less total yards than the Raiders did in that game.

Yes, but the Raiders had a ton of penalties in the fourth quarter when they were driving.

The Chiefs had pressure on Pennington during that entire game, he had some bad snaps but all those fumbles werent because Pennington was having a bad day the Chiefs forced 3 of them while sacking the QB.

And Pennington couldn't throw well because he was still fighting his shoulder injury and 3 of his fumbles were on snaps. Considering how pathetic their offense is this year, and especially with the wounded Pennington at Qb, I wouldn't go bragging about shutting them down.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 03:18 PM
I thought Jones was a 4 time All Pro, anyways I still say we have the advantage but thats simply because Roaf is a 10 time All Pro and arguably the best in the business.

I can see why you would lean that way though being an NFC team fan as I would being an AFC team fan.

Roaf is a great player, but he's closer to the end of his career where as Jones is in his prime. Right now, Jones is better than Roaf. Overall, for their careers right now, Roaf has had the better career. But right here, right now, Jones is better.

dj_stouty
10-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Jones has been to 5 total Pro Bowls...4 consecutive. (1999, 2001-04)

We can only fall back on matter of opinion when it comes to which tandem is better. I think Roaf is probably better than Jones...but I think Hutchinson is better than Waters.

Regardless, I think it is great experience for our D-Line to play against strong O-lines like the ones KC and Seattle has.

Incidentally, I looked up the play-by-play in the Seattle game and found that the left side of that line helped Alexander run for 39 yards on 9 carries. (4.3ypc) Nothing extremely special, considering 17 yards came on one run.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Say what you want about the CHIEFS offensive line and how old they are. My opinion, the CHIEFS have the best blocking offense in the NFL. And I'm not trying to be a homer here. Add Pro Bowlers Roaf, Waters and Shields to the fact that we also have a Pro Bowl FB Richardson and perhaps one of the best blocking TE in Dunn. On running plays, follow Dunn and Holmes will follow. Wiegmann is a great blocking center as well.

Spence
10-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Chiefs do have a great run blocking offensive line. No doubt about it. The OL is the cornerstone of everything they do on offense. I've been a big fan of Will Shields ever since he entered the NFL.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Chiefs do have a great run blocking offensive line. No doubt about it. The OL is the cornerstone of everything they do on offense. I've been a big fan of Will Shields ever since he entered the NFL.

I agree. That's what I'm scared of. I think they'll do fine this year. But Roaf and Shield are at the end of their careers. I'm pretty sure that this is their last year. I'm wondering what the CHIEFS will do next year to replace those two?

rbackfactory80
10-12-2005, 04:50 PM

8th. Not too far off. The donkeys run defense is slightly better but not "far superior." By the way, I'm basing this stats on avg per game. I know that the CHIEFS had a bye on Sunday that that might hinder the stats alittle.

Very funny that you could even consider the chiefs run d even close to the broncos. Chiefs played Oakland with Jordan, The jets on an opening day flop where Martin has been awful all year, They lost to the second best rushing team in the league in Denver giving up 200 plus yards, and to a runless team in Philadelphia. Denver has faced Fred Taylor, Priest Holmes-L.J.,L.T, Clinton Portis, and Ronnie Brown. I would say Denvers road was a little tougher. They have basically played all the best in the league. Good luck stopping portis, because if I remember last time he played you in a game at mile high he rushed for 230 yards and had 5 touchdowns, and Washington does a good job with their o-line.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Very funny that you could even consider the chiefs run d even close to the broncos. Chiefs played Oakland with Jordan, The jets on an opening day flop where Martin has been awful all year, They lost to the second best rushing team in the league in Denver giving up 200 plus yards, and to a runless team in Philadelphia. Denver has faced Fred Taylor, Priest Holmes-L.J.,L.T, Clinton Portis, and Ronnie Brown. I would say Denvers road was a little tougher. They have basically played all the best in the league. Good luck stopping portis, because if I remember last time he played you in a game at mile high he rushed for 230 yards and had 5 touchdowns, and Washington does a good job with their o-line.

Why would you consider that funny? Fact is that the CHIEFS have kept every running back they've play under to a 100 yards or less. It's not the CHIEFS fault that they haven't played LT, Fred Tayor or Ronnie Brown. You can blame that on the schedule. The CHIEFS have kept every RB in check and under 100 yards. Can you say the same thing about the donkeys?

redskin_rich
10-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I can't believe we have two AFC West team's fan's, going at it on a Redskins forum. :doh:

Anyway, let's have a good, injury free game on Sunday and may the best team win.

rbackfactory80
10-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Why would you consider that funny? Fact is that the CHIEFS have kept every running back they've play under to a 100 yards or less. It's not the CHIEFS fault that they haven't played LT, Fred Tayor or Ronnie Brown. You can blame that on the schedule. The CHIEFS have kept every RB in check and under 100 yards. Can you say the same thing about the donkeys?

Talk to me after two weeks from now after Portis and L.t. play you. I definitely need to see you shut down those guys before we start calling you the 85 bears.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Talk to me after two weeks from now after Portis and L.t. play you. I definitely need to see you shut down those guys before we start calling you the 85 bears.

Ummmmm who ever call them the 85 Bears? Not I said the fly.

By the way, it won't be me shutting down LT, Portis and Brown. I'll leave that to the CHIEFS defense. :lol1:

CornerBlitz
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Ummmmm who ever call them the 85 Bears? Not I said the fly.

By the way, it won't be me shutting down LT, Portis and Brown. I'll leave that to the CHIEFS defense. :lol1:
are you sure you dont want to? :lol1:

Spence
10-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I can't believe we have two AFC West team's fan's, going at it on a Redskins forum. :doh:Yeah, this is a Chiefs fan and a Broncos fan fighting it out in a Redskins fan forum. Cue Rod Serling...

ihatedallas
10-12-2005, 05:31 PM
We shut down the Broncos running attack better than the Skins as far as backs are concerned, the Jets have a good offensive line and the rushing champion from last season albeit he is not having a good first half and held Westbrook in check in both rushing and receiving. As far as the Broncos having a better line thats a matter of opinion based on performance and technique. They haven't been banged up this season either.

Denver had 60 more yards against the chiefs then against us...regardless of players..

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187382/gamelogs/2005

that would be Alexanders stats... he is the heart and soul of seattle. So to hold him to those stats was a good effort. IM not saying it will be easy to shutdown the chiefs running game, but to assume your going to have the same effort of Westbrook with portis, or the jets D as the Skins D...

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
ANYWHO:

I think the Chiefs should consider playing a 3-3-5 and work this strategy:
1-Portis will be hard to stop anyways. So will Moss. There isn't talent stop both of them, so pick the lesser of two evils.
2-Let Portis get his yards, but score plenty and early and try and force the Skins to abandon the run early and pass into 8-9 guys in coverage. Getting to Brunell will be tough anyways and leave you too wide open to big plays, so take the opposite tact.
3-Triple team Moss: put a LB in the passing lane, a CB on him and a safety deep. And if Patten torches you, so be it.
4-Play the safeties back and the CB with deep cushions and allow the skins to short pass if they want.

This is all predicated on the Chiefs scoring 35+ points, which they are capable of doing, but doing it quickly and breaking several big plays and not letting the Skins to score early. Anyways, just a thought.

CornerBlitz
10-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Say what you want about the CHIEFS offensive line and how old they are. My opinion, the CHIEFS have the best blocking offense in the NFL. And I'm not trying to be a homer here. Add Pro Bowlers Roaf, Waters and Shields to the fact that we also have a Pro Bowl FB Richardson and perhaps one of the best blocking TE in Dunn. On running plays, follow Dunn and Holmes will follow. Wiegmann is a great blocking center as well.
I would agree with this statement %100. This KC team is built on that impressive offensive line.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, this is a Chiefs fan and a Broncos fan fighting it out in a Redskins fan forum. Cue Rod Serling...

CHIEF fans and donkey fans fight anywhere at anytime. I've even seen them throw down in a catholic church. :lol1:

The only two team fans that are slightly civil to each other in the AFC West are CHIEFS and Chargers. The rAIDerS, donkeys and CHIEF fans all hate each other. :sfight:

The Skinsinator
10-12-2005, 06:36 PM
The rAIDerS, donkeys and CHIEF fans all hate each other. :sfight:
That's nice to know. I bet the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins hate each other alot more. We live to destroy Dallas and Philly. When they play each other, we have difficutly many times on who to root for. I have never liked Denver and hope you guys take them later this year. Burn Champ please and shut him up.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
ANYWHO:

I think the Chiefs should consider playing a 3-3-5 and work this strategy:
1-Portis will be hard to stop anyways. So will Moss. There isn't talent stop both of them, so pick the lesser of two evils.
2-Let Portis get his yards, but score plenty and early and try and force the Skins to abandon the run early and pass into 8-9 guys in coverage. Getting to Brunell will be tough anyways and leave you too wide open to big plays, so take the opposite tact.
3-Triple team Moss: put a LB in the passing lane, a CB on him and a safety deep. And if Patten torches you, so be it.
4-Play the safeties back and the CB with deep cushions and allow the skins to short pass if they want.

This is all predicated on the Chiefs scoring 35+ points, which they are capable of doing, but doing it quickly and breaking several big plays and not letting the Skins to score early. Anyways, just a thought.

Good analysis! I believe that the Gunther has been toying with the idea of going to a 3-4 for some plays. That would mean putting in a rookie LB on the inside with Michell. Griffin was impressive in the pre-season. But that doesn't mean he's ready for Portis and the Skins. I could be wrong. But I like you're idea better. 5 defensive backs would mean Surtain, Warfield, Sapp, Wesley and Knight covering the field. All of them have decent speed and are physical. I disagree with you on triple teaming Moss. Moss will get his. The key to containing Moss is keeping everything in front of the CB/SS. Which means playing a cover 2 and not letting him get behind the safety. I hope that the CHIEFS play more man to man instead of zone. Owens kills the secondary when they were using the zone. Randy Moss beat the Chiefs on one big play. Surtain seemed to release him to Knight. Knight fell behind which lead to a connection between Collins and Moss.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 06:47 PM
That's nice to know. I bet the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins hate each other alot more. We live to destroy Dallas and Philly. When they play each other, we have difficutly many times on who to root for. I have never liked Denver and hope you guys take them later this year. Burn Champ please and shut him up.

It'll be Kennisons pleasure to burn Chump. Did you watch the game at Arrowhead between the CHIEFS and donkeys last year? Kennison burried him. Porter from the rAIDerS did a number on him too.

CornerBlitz
10-12-2005, 06:51 PM
It'll be Kennisons pleasure to burn Chump. Did you watch the game at Arrowhead between the CHIEFS and donkeys last year? Kennison burried him. Porter from the rAIDerS did a number on him too.
Pretty much any decent reciever with speed will burn bailey.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Any word on Springs playing on Sunday? I saw the injury report for the game. It has Roaf listed as Questionable. But Vermeil stated that he will play.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/10/12/injury_report__redskins/

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Pretty much any decent reciever with speed will burn bailey.

I saw C. Rogers playing on Sunday. He looks pretty good. How has he done up to this point?

I was hoping that the CHIEFS would pick up Rogers at pick #15. But I'm not complaining. D. Johnson IMO is the best LB to come out of the draft in a few years. He's made some rookie mistakes but he has the speed to correct them. He blew coverage on Owens. In a blink of an eye, he caught him.

What should the CHIEFS offense expect from the Skins are far as a pass rush? Do you guys blitz alot?

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Good analysis! I believe that the Gunther has been toying with the idea of going to a 3-4 for some plays. That would mean putting in a rookie LB on the inside with Michell.

Yeah, but the 3-4 just takes talent off the field for you and doesn't give y'all any benefits on defense. Play a Spur Nickel(as they call it in these parts) with 3 Cbs, 2 Safeties and 3 Lbs figuring that you can stop Portis on the 1st level, but if you keep him from breaking big plays on the 2nd level, that will level his effective, if not his yards.

Griffin was impressive in the pre-season. But that doesn't mean he's ready for Portis and the Skins.

Unless y'all play 5 DLmen, Portis will get his yards come Sunday. The best tactic might be to let him get his and limit the damage.

I could be wrong. But I like you're idea better. 5 defensive backs would mean Surtain, Warfield, Sapp, Wesley and Knight covering the field. All of them have decent speed and are physical. I disagree with you on triple teaming Moss. Moss will get his. The key to containing Moss is keeping everything in front of the CB/SS. Which means playing a cover 2 and not letting him get behind the safety.

The problem with that is that Moss has been so dangerous in the open field, and letting him catch a deep slant of 9 yards and hoping that you can stop him before he gets into the open field could be fatal. Jam up the passing lane, keep him from the sideline and deep shadow him and you'll limit his damage. But he will get 80+ yards.

I hope that the CHIEFS play more man to man instead of zone. Owens kills the secondary when they were using the zone. Randy Moss beat the Chiefs on one big play. Surtain seemed to release him to Knight. Knight fell behind which lead to a connection between Collins and Moss.

Frankly, you could have used Ty Law. Surtain has talent, but the rest of the secondary is weak. And since Gunther plays the L/R Cb set up, expect the Skins to rotate Moss to the other side or at the Z and get a favorable matchup. They like to ISO Moss on a SS and go deep. Ask Roy Williams.

As much as I'm worried about the Skins' ability to stop Priest, this game will be won or lost by the Chiefs defense. If the Skins can hold the ball like they have so far this year(they held the ball for about 24 minutes of the first half against the Seahawks), the Chiefs defense could be in the for a long game.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 07:03 PM
I saw C. Rogers playing on Sunday. He looks pretty good. How has he done up to this point?

I was hoping that the CHIEFS would pick up Rogers at pick #15. But I'm not complaining. D. Johnson IMO is the best LB to come out of the draft in a few years. He's made some rookie mistakes but he has the speed to correct them. He blew coverage on Owens. In a blink of an eye, he caught him.

What should the CHIEFS offense expect from the Skins are far as a pass rush? Do you guys blitz alot?

Bunch of tackles and a forced fumble in 2 starts. He reminds me a lot of a guy like Kevin Smith. Decent speed and quickness, but tough and physical. I dont think he'll be a superstar, but he is a guy who will start in the NFL for a long time.

The Skins will only get to Green with the Blitz. Whether they will, will depend on whether or not Springs and Harris are healthy, if they are, expect a lot of blitzing from every concievable angle. The Skins run a 46-Zone Blitz hybrid. And they run a ton of people in and out to keep them fresh.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, but the 3-4 just takes talent off the field for you and doesn't give y'all any benefits on defense. Play a Spur Nickel(as they call it in these parts) with 3 Cbs, 2 Safeties and 3 Lbs figuring that you can stop Portis on the 1st level, but if you keep him from breaking big plays on the 2nd level, that will level his effective, if not his yards.

Unless y'all play 5 DLmen, Portis will get his yards come Sunday. The best tactic might be to let him get his and limit the damage.

The problem with that is that Moss has been so dangerous in the open field, and letting him catch a deep slant of 9 yards and hoping that you can stop him before he gets into the open field could be fatal. Jam up the passing lane, keep him from the sideline and deep shadow him and you'll limit his damage. But he will get 80+ yards.

Frankly, you could have used Ty Law. Surtain has talent, but the rest of the secondary is weak. And since Gunther plays the L/R Cb set up, expect the Skins to rotate Moss to the other side or at the Z and get a favorable matchup. They like to ISO Moss on a SS and go deep. Ask Roy Williams.

As much as I'm worried about the Skins' ability to stop Priest, this game will be won or lost by the Chiefs defense. If the Skins can hold the ball like they have so far this year(they held the ball for about 24 minutes of the first half against the Seahawks), the Chiefs defense could be in the for a long game.

I don't think that the CHIEFS have the talent to play a 3-4. You need a big, physical NT in the middle. Dalton nor Browing don't fit that profile.

At the time of FA, my vote was for Surtain. Law was questionable with a foot injury. I expect Moss to line up on McCleon's side. If the CHIEFS do stop or contain Portis, it'll be because of the LB play. The DL will shoot the gaps giving the LB a lane. I've been impressed with Michell and D. Johnson's play thus far. Bell is a different story. But they do swarm to the ball.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Bunch of tackles and a forced fumble in 2 starts. He reminds me a lot of a guy like Kevin Smith. Decent speed and quickness, but tough and physical. I dont think he'll be a superstar, but he is a guy who will start in the NFL for a long time.

The Skins will only get to Green with the Blitz. Whether they will, will depend on whether or not Springs and Harris are healthy, if they are, expect a lot of blitzing from every concievable angle. The Skins run a 46-Zone Blitz hybrid. And they run a ton of people in and out to keep them fresh.

With Dunn, Richardson and the Offensive line, I don't see too many team being sucessful on blitzing Green. The best way to get to Green is a coverage sack. Stay tight with every WR, TE and RB and eventually a DL will get to Green. Green isn't moble at all.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't think that the CHIEFS have the talent to play a 3-4. You need a big, physical NT in the middle. Dalton nor Browing don't fit that profile.

At the time of FA, my vote was for Surtain. Law was questionable with a foot injury. I expect Moss to line up on McCleon's side. If the CHIEFS do stop or contain Portis, it'll be because of the LB play. The DL will shoot the gaps giving the LB a lane. I've been impressed with Michell and D. Johnson's play thus far. Bell is a different story. But they do swarm to the ball.

Is Bell healthy? If they can slow Portis down, it will because of run dogs, but that will open up a big gap between the LOS and the safeties and the play action will be trouble. Cooley, our H-Back, just torched Williams and Wilson of Denver. And that will leave the Cbs on an island with Moss and Patten. Make no mistake, the Chiefs have to score 30+ points to win this game, I believe.

redskin_rich
10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
With Dunn, Richardson and the Offensive line, I don't see too many team being sucessful on blitzing Green. The best way to get to Green is a coverage sack. Stay tight with every WR, TE and RB and eventually a DL will get to Green. Green isn't moble at all.
He used to be mobile, I guess age and injuries have taken their toll. I really hated when we couldn't re-sign Green back in '99, instead we traded away the pick that netted Daunte Culpepper to the Viqueens for Brad Johnson.

akhhorus
10-12-2005, 07:28 PM

You'll see some CB blitzes in the Nickel, but I agree. The Skins will just double and triple up Gonzalez and blanket Parker/Kennison/Hall to force Green into a bad throw. Thats what they've done all year.

ChiefIronHorse
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Is Bell healthy? If they can slow Portis down, it will because of run dogs, but that will open up a big gap between the LOS and the safeties and the play action will be trouble. Cooley, our H-Back, just torched Williams and Wilson of Denver. And that will leave the Cbs on an island with Moss and Patten. Make no mistake, the Chiefs have to score 30+ points to win this game, I believe.

As far as I know, Bell is healthy. But it seems to me like Bell is playing not to get hurt.

With good running backs like Portis, Holmes and Johnson, play action will cause trouble for both teams.

dj_stouty
10-13-2005, 08:04 AM
It has over 4 seasons since these two teams last met. Lets hope our QBs don't get confused by all the red/burgundy/yellow/gold jerseys out on the field!

BTW - Anyone remember this (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=redskins+chiefs/v=2/SID=e/TID=I056_77/l=IVS/SIG=12h93mejp/EXP=1129294767/*-http%3A//www.onlineathens.com/images/100101/chiefs_redskins.jpg) picture?

redskin_rich
10-13-2005, 08:09 AM
It has over 4 seasons since these two teams last met. Lets hope our QBs don't get confused by all the red/burgundy/yellow/gold jerseys out on the field!

BTW - Anyone remember this (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=redskins+chiefs/v=2/SID=e/TID=I056_77/l=IVS/SIG=12h93mejp/EXP=1129294767/*-http%3A//www.onlineathens.com/images/100101/chiefs_redskins.jpg) picture?
We have only ever played the Chiefs 6 times and our record is 1-5 against them.

I don't remember that picture but I was at that game and I remember it being Holmes' first big game as a Chief, I think he had 3 TD's that day. I also remember Vermiel saying that we didn't have any good players. :Padawan:

Spence
10-13-2005, 08:22 AM
BTW - Anyone remember this (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=redskins+chiefs/v=2/SID=e/TID=I056_77/l=IVS/SIG=12h93mejp/EXP=1129294767/*-http%3A//www.onlineathens.com/images/100101/chiefs_redskins.jpg) picture?Why can't you just let your Champ obsession go, Mark? I know you loved him, but he's not on our team anymore. Just move on with your life! He abandoned us.

Sorry, Mark. Couldn't resist. :Peace:

dj_stouty
10-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Why can't you just let your Champ obsession go, Mark? I know you loved him, but he's not on our team anymore. Just move on with your life! He abandoned us.

Sorry, Mark. Couldn't resist. :Peace:

LOL...I wondered if anyone was going to find it interesting that I (of all people) would post a picture of Champ. I'm glad you called me out on it! Brings back memories of our 1,000+ post thread debating Champ 2+ years ago.

BTW - I always thought that particular tackle on Holmes was one of Champ's best ever.

PennSkinsFan
10-13-2005, 09:03 AM
anyone notice after the second Bell TD where Bowen missed the tackle, he was not on the field after that? Was I mistaken and just did nto see him?

dj_stouty
10-13-2005, 09:22 AM
anyone notice after the second Bell TD where Bowen missed the tackle, he was not on the field after that? Was I mistaken and just did nto see him?

I think you are right. After the 2nd Bell TD...Ryan Clark had 4 total tackles....so I'll bet Bowen sat bench.

chrisbcbu
10-13-2005, 09:36 AM
HAHAH i just realized that i guy i work with is a huge KC fan. I didnt remember until he started talking trash to me. He keeps talking the same stuff over and over about the Skins havent played anyone and havent beat anyone. But he kinda got quiet when i reminded him who the Chiefs have beaten.