PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

PennSkinsFan
11-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Offense: Mark Brunell. 21 for 28, nuff said, sustained drives wghile remaining calm. Moss and Cooley get notables.

Defense: No question at all. Lavar Arrington, huge plays tonight.

Special: Not sure. Wanna give it to Betts, but his hands worry me.

IowaSkinsFan
11-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Brunell.

Arrington.

Hall: 1. for not reinjuring himself and 2. for getting some depth on KO's.

Redskin006
11-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Offense: Brunell, he played great. Dockery also deserves one for recovering the fumble which led to the skins score.

Defense: Arrington and Clark. Arrington played amazing, Clark proved that he's a worthy, maybe probowl caliber safety.

Special Teams: Betts. He had an awesome runback.

VTBob
11-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Offense: Brunell of course because he led the team with no major mistakes, but I must mention Moss with his outstanding preformance, and Portis for sticking it in the endzone

Defense: Arrington with his huge tackles at key points

Special: I cannot figure out who to give this one to...I'll think about it...

[edit]

ok I thought about it, I'll have to go with Betts runback for like 40 yards...

WinnpegSkinsFan
11-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Offense: Brunell deadly accurate again (Moss, Cooley & Portis HMs)
Defense: Arrington all around the ball. the tackle on Westbrook was huge.
ST: Betts - long KO return really helped that last scoring drive.

MWballer
Offense:Clinton Portis had 2 TDs this time against a legitamte D. And had no fumbles.
Defense: You have to go with Lavar here
Special Teams:DerricK Frost made a couple of key punts while not always pretty he got the job done.

nicefellow31
Offense: Brunell. Showed lots of quality leadership
Defense: Arrington. Great game by Lavar. I think his pride was wounded and he is answering his critics.
Special Teams: I can't think of anyone specifically. I know it is not Frost or Thrash.

ryflan47
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Brunell really stood out, but we performed great as a team. We won this game as a team. The whole team gets the game ball.

Player of the WEAK: Who else? That punk TO.

LATrueRedskin
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Offense: Derrick Dockery - He made the biggest play of the game.

Defense: LA - Awesome game from him all around.

Special Teams: John Hall - I guess. Nobody really stood out for me.

Redskin Scott
11-06-2005, 11:00 PM
O: Brunell, who looked sharp.

D: Arrington, who looked fierce.

ST: Betts, who came up with a big play just when our squad needed it.

HAWGZHEAD
11-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Concensus rules
Off: Brunell
Def: Arrington
ST: Not Thrash

danny's stogie
11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Dockery for the fumble recovery and Portis for the tackle...other than that, pretty solid all around effort.

ryflan47
11-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Concensus rules
Off: Brunell
Def: Arrington
ST: Not Thrash

Thrash wasn't himself this week, hopefully he's money again next week.

HAWGZHEAD
11-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Thrash wasn't himself this week, hopefully he's money again next week.I hope so, I really like thrash.

smoak
11-06-2005, 11:07 PM
This really was a team win, and I want to give special game balls to three guys.

Clinton Portis
Derrick Dockery
Pierson Prioleau

All three made huge plays that could have swung the game and I just want to thank everyone on the team for their effort!

CarMike
11-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Offense: Mark Brunell. 21 for 28, nuff said, sustained drives wghile remaining calm. Moss and Cooley get notables.

Betts or Thrash? Betts didn't do anything that I can remember to make us worry about his hands. Thrash on the other hand....what the heck was he thinking?

I'm just so glad that the ball bounced our way this time. Those two fumbles, Thrash/Cooley, any other day would have went the other way.

Offense Brunell. Didn't lose the game and made some great throws.

Defense Arrington. A beast of a game tonight. Still can't believe some people here wanted to trade Arrington earlier this year.

Special Teams Frost. Pinning the Eagles deep in the 4th quarter won us the game IMO...

CapitalDefense
11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Offense: Brunell hands down

Defense: Total team effort but LA is learning how to play in this defense and thats got to be scary for opponents ahead.

Special Teams: Pierson Prioleau(sp?) getting the fumble that Thrash botched

SkinsFan4Life2003
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Offense: I give the game ball to Clinton Portis not so much for his running, but for the little things. He laid down some tremendous blocks for Brunell and saved a TD at the end of the 1st half after Brunell's fumble. Honorable mention goes to Brunell for his accuracy and overall game management.

Defense: LaVar Arrington playing within the defense and still making game changing plays. Re-establishing himself as a dominant force in this league.

Special Teams: Ladell Betts for actually getting a decent return for once. Our Punt coverage deserves some mention as they did a good job tonight as well.

CowboyKilla
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Offense: Cooley, Brunells safety blanket.
Defense: The Banged up Dline who held there own tonight and allowed LA to shine.
Special Teams: Frost and Betts. Frost looked good. Betts came up clutch.

Axegrinder
11-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Offense-Brunell
Defense-LaVar,N.Clemons,and Phillip Daniels
Special Teams-Frost

silverspring
11-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Clinton-a solid game and in the end zone
Lavar - key plays and generally made his presence known
Betts- makes a difference when we get decent field position

This game was funny, still lots of foolish mistakes, thrash dropping ball, cooley dropping ball, brunell dropping ball, harris again having a tough time and generally the defense having a tough time here and there. I also had a couple concerns about time management. I can't conceive why we called those last 2 timeouts, we might have needed them had they scored. But the effort was there all game, our stars shined when they needed too and then on top of that some really stand out plays by the team that made a difference.

What about selllers! You see that one run where he literally ran over someone trying to tackle him.
Dockery with the huge save and clark with the game ender. And daniels with that needed sack

FanFromArizona
11-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Offense: I give the game ball to Clinton Portis not so much for his running, but for the little things. He laid down some tremendous blocks for Brunell and saved a TD at the end of the 1st half after Brunell's fumble. Honorable mention goes to Brunell for his accuracy and overall game management.

Defense: LaVar Arrington playing within the defense and still making game changing plays. Re-establishing himself as a dominant force in this league.

Special Teams: Ladell Betts for actually getting a decent return for once. Our Punt coverage deserves some mention as they did a good job tonight as well.

My thoughts exactly, I agree with everything here.

BigCountry
11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Offense- Brunnell's play was a calming presence all night and he really looked like last week neevr happened. Good job Mark

Defense- Arrington but it was a team effort more then anything else.

Special Teams- Betts

PyroGenic
11-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Offense:Clinton Portis had 2 TDs this time against a legitamte D. And had no fumbles.
Defense: You have to go with Lavar here
Special Teams:DerricK Frost made a couple of key punts while not always pretty he got the job done.

Portis had 1 TD

I'm gonna stray from the norm...

Offense: Mike Sellars, you see him truck them corners on consecutive plays? Plus the man loves the endzone :)

Defense: Clark - got us the game winning INT and laid some wood. At first I thought it was Taylor making those guys fly around.

Special Teams: The football... that thing made some amazing plays (gotta love the inflated punt averages with all the lucky bounces)

CarMike
11-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Clinton-a solid game and in the end zone
Lavar - key plays and generally made his presence known
Betts- makes a difference when we get decent field position

This game was funny, still lots of foolish mistakes, thrash dropping ball, cooley dropping ball, brunell dropping ball, harris again having a tough time and generally the defense having a tough time here and there. I also had a couple concerns about time management. I can't conceive why we called those last 2 timeouts, we might have needed them had they scored. But the effort was there all game, our stars shined when they needed too and then on top of that some really stand out plays by the team that made a difference.

What about selllers! You see that one run where he literally ran over someone trying to tackle him.
Dockery with the huge save and clark with the game ender. And daniels with that needed sack
Cooley really didn't drop the ball. Dawkins [?] made a good hit. Helmet right on the ball and knocked it loose. Atleast that's how I saw it. I'm just thankful that Dockery was aware and recovered it for us. That could have been a huge momentum change if the Eagles had recovered the ball.

redskin_rich
11-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Game balls to:
Dock- I've been very critical of him but his heads up play in covering Cooley's fumble saved the game.
Portis- Game saving tackle on Brunell's fumble, 'nuff said.

That's it. My game ball's go to those players for having their heads in the game and making crucial plays.

Honorable mention to LaVar(why wasn't he starting again?) and Ryan Clark(glad you're back, Bowen who?).

Skinz4lyfe
11-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Offense - I'm going w/the offensive line. They flat out stunk last week. But this week they came to play (minus Samuels missed block on the Brunell fumble). They gave Brunell the time he needed to throw and did pretty well against a great run Defense. Plus we got 2 rushing TDs. That's a huge confidence builder going into the 2nd half of the season.

Defense - Lavar. He's making the plays we all knew he could make. But if I had to have a 1.A award it would go to the defensive line. They stood up well and stuffed the Eagles running game. Philly tried to make a concentrated effort to run the ball but it wasn't happening tonight, even w/o Griffin.

Special Teams - Uh, Hall I guess but he kicked the ball out of bounds. Still its kind of nice to have some depth on kick offs.

bigcmr
11-07-2005, 03:35 AM
O- Brunell played a good game.

D-Arington that was a huge hit on Westbrook in the 4th.

ST-gatta go with Betts that huge return was key

Over all a huge win and great team effort. Way to respond after last week.

JakeIron
11-07-2005, 04:08 AM
Offense: I would like to say Cooley, but that fumble.... So I go with Brunell, great game after that dismal performance at Meadowlands.

Defense: LaVar, a couple of freakish tackles.

Special Teams: The whole ST unit

Play of the Game: M. Sellers pounding B.Dawkins, whatta huuuuuuuuge hit. Daniels sack was a close second, LOL.

Patrick
11-07-2005, 05:56 AM
This week - for me there's just one game ball. Dockery REALLY saved our rears in this game. Amazing what a little hustle can do.

vabeach_skinsfan
11-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Offense: Mark Bruhnell 21-29, 224. Played with a lot of poise, put a killer touch on his lob passes (he did fumble the rock w/ did cost us atleast 3 points).
Clinton Portis - not for rushing the ball, but for picking up blocks and giving Bruhnell time to throw the rock. Portis still remaind productive despite not having the ball in his hands. Awsome catch by the way too. And how in the world are you going to give it Sellers on the one yard line, you got to go with the kid Portis. Lucky it wasn't a fumble:Padawan:

Defense: Lavar is back!!! Clark w/ the pick. All around good collective effort by the D, held Westbrook in check. But Walt Harris, you get the BIG thumbs down....you need to learn how to tackle boy:banghead:

SkinsASchamps
11-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Offense: SELLERS. Huge runs and catches. Running over dawkins was great.

Defense: Everyone but Walt harris.

Teams: Betts and frost. No way on hall (KO out of bounds) or Thrash...

dj_stouty
11-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Brunell
Clark
Betts

Weak: Harris!

IllinoiSkinFan
11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Offense : Cooley

Defense : P.Daniels (6 tkls and a sack)

Special : Anybody but Thrash

frankez99
11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Offense: Dockery with the fumble recovery and Portis with the TD saving tackle after fumble

Defense: Ryan Clark

ST: long snapper

openallnight
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I'd like to give out 90,000 game balls to those rabid Redskin fans that shook the foundation of FedEx field! Without a doubt the 12th Man made the difference in this game.

GWBlitzST
11-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Offense: Portis/Sellers

Defense: Ryan Clark

ST: John Hall

WEAK: Walt Harris, Phillip Daniels (I don't care he gets smoked and NEVER gets a pass rush unless the line isn't paying attention)

ShaggySkins
11-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Offense- Going with a Dark horse Derrick Dockery! IF he doesn't hustle down field blocking for Cooley and fall on that fumble then the Skins don't score the go ahead TD and Eagles may win the game.

Defense- Defensive Line did a great job missing there best player in Griffin. Didn't get a fantastic rush but kept McNabb in the pocket and stopped the run.

Special Teams- Pierson Preilou falling on the Thrash fumble saved us from a possibly horrible situation with the Eagles in our territory.

Weak Link- Cooley and Thrash, Cooley had a great recieving game but you CANNOT fumble the ball. Both fumbles could have cost us the game, we were lucky to recover them.

skins111111
11-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Offense: Dock, the fumble was huge

Defense: LA, When he nailed Westbrook behind the line of scrimage was especially sweet

Special:Betts, I can still picture that return

DoGood
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Offense: Mark Brunell is just the leader and veteran leadership that we need to keep our young guys playing great. He has excellent touch on his passes and they are very catchable. He puts the ball in places that allow the receivers to make plays, or, anywhere in the vicinity of Santana Moss usually does the trick.

Defense: LaVar continues his ascendency back to his role as supreme playmaker for our defense. He can get the fans in a tizzy with just a nice tackle.

Special Teams: Ladell Betts for his big return that resulted in points.

HTTR

skinsfan811
11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Ofense:Clinton Portis, no question.Game Saving tackle and a huge 2nd half TD.

Defense:Lavar Arribgton.Not only did he have a phenominal game in his first start in a while, he earned enough respect from his teammates to be voted defensive captain.

Special Teams:IDK...not all that great.I guess John Hall, making a feild goal in his first game back.And Betts had a nice return.

helimech24
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Offense: Portis because he made it into the endzone again, and the tackle.

Defense: D-Line for getting pressure and stopping the no running Eagles

Special Teams: Betts for the good field position that set up the win

ryflan47
11-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Brunell really stood out, but we performed great as a team. We won this game as a team. The whole team gets the game ball.

Player of the WEAK: Who else? That punk TO.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=12237

Looks like Gibbs agreed with me, everyone got a game ball.
Ahhhh how great minds think alike! ;)

Death_Venom
11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Offense: Brunnell-made some great throws and lead the charge.

Defense: Arrington? I don't think there is any real question as to else deserves it more. Trade? HA!

Special Teams: John Hall-.............Just for getting HEALTHY!!!!

OCSkinzFan
11-08-2005, 12:05 PM
My man Sellers!

Repersent!

Did ya'll hear what Gibbs said about him after the game?
Said he was a "MAN." And he was glad he was on OUR team. (like as opposed to having to play against him.)

X-Factor13
11-08-2005, 12:39 PM
I agree with PennSkin on this one. I'm so glad that lavar is back in the lineup!!!

vabeach_skinsfan
11-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Lavar's presence a lone is enough to discourage an offense. Thats why we can not afford to him on the side lines. I wish GW would have threw him in the line-up on Philly's last drive!

Rich77
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM

Offense...Bru was good but the more we watch the game, the more great things we notice Portis doing...the catch on his knees, the tackle following the fumble, the tough blocking...

Defense...Lavar for Pro Bowl

ST.......Betts on a night where no one stood out.

ChiefPowhatan17
11-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Offense: Mike Sellers
Defense: LaVar
Special Teams: Betts, nice return.

Just wanted to give Mike Sellers one.