PDA

View Full Version : Thunmbs Up, Thumbs Down

PennSkinsFan
12-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Awarded on main page
http://www.hailredskins.com

Please remember, we can only name two each and we ahve to name two. The thumbs down were hard because the Redskins won and played well, but we managed to come up with two.

Also, our Thumbs Up are notbased on who had the best stats, etc...they are based on who really deserves recognition, who stood out that made a difference or pgressed the much. They arenot base don who caught or ran for a TD but a player(s) that clearly stepped up to the plate!

Ok, now you can criticize hR!

chrisbcbu
12-05-2005, 09:25 AM
I would have given a thumbs down to Jacobs for getting hurt again. :D

dj_stouty
12-05-2005, 09:27 AM
If Brunell gets a thumbs down for the fumble...but he should get a thumbs up for being smart enough to throw it through the back of the endzone. That heads up play saved the team 5 points.

BTW - Sellers should get a thumbs down thanks to another 15-yard penalty.

GolfFreak
12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
If Brunell gets a thumbs down for the fumble...but he should get a thumbs up for being smart enough to throw it through the back of the endzone. That heads up play saved the team 5 points.

Great point DJ.

Brunell or Portis. Why? Which ever one was responsible for the fumble that caused the Safety. It could have been a game changing mistake. In a game that had way more positives than negatives, hey, we need to grasp for straws here!

I'll say ... I would've given it to special teams, here the list of bad plays:
1. missed FG
2. stupid penalties (Sellars strikes again)
3. kick off OB

Edit: I know you can only give award to 2 players/groups, but I think Royal deserves some love this week after the bashing he took so far this season. I hope the drops are behind him now, great game and way to step it up!

SkinsASchamps
12-05-2005, 10:03 AM
thumbs down to special teams and STL crowd. They were pathetic.

redskin_rich
12-05-2005, 10:05 AM
John Hall deserves a thumbs down, missing a 45 yarder indoors and sending a kickoff out of bounds, inexcusable for a highly paid vet.

smoak
12-05-2005, 10:41 AM
John Hall deserves a thumbs down, missing a 45 yarder indoors and sending a kickoff out of bounds, inexcusable for a highly paid vet.

I agree. This coaching staff gets ripped left and right, but players ultimately win and lose games. IMO coaches either put players in a position to succeed or they don't. In our case the coaches consistently put the players in a position to succeed.

IMO -

John Hall gets a huge thumbs down as does Antonio Brown.

Brunell gets a thumbs up for the veteran play that saved 5 points.

CowboyKilla
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Thumbs up,,,,the Oline. Got it done.
Thumbs down,,,,,the Special Teams. We need you guys down the stretch.

Ibleedburgundy
12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
The HR thumbs are dead on this week. Clock management has been a real problem for Gibbs and the offensive coaching staff. I have faith in them to fix the problem areas.

silverspring
12-05-2005, 10:55 AM
thumbs down - play calling, still no killer instinct. What on earth was the playcalling intended to do at the end of the second half?

wewantdallas
12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
John Hall gets a huge thumbs down as does Antonio Brown.

Antonio Brown, really? Just curious why you think that. I thought he had a pretty good day. He hit the holes decisively and fast and had some decent returns for us. The one mistake he made was fielding a ball inside the five, but I personally wouldn't give him a huge thumbs down based on that one play.

DEFENSEGURU
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM

The skins cut the wrong kicker 3 weeks ago. This off season the skins really need TWO kickers. A good punter for a change, and a guy who can put the ball into the endzone instead of out of bounds on kickoffs.

Does anybody know what free agent defensive linemen will be available this offseason including defensive tackles? The redskins really need a pro bowler at def. tackle who can get 8-9 sacks and force the QB back into the pocket.

Any suggestions on ends and tackles?

skins74
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Thumbs up:

The O line was awesome.
C.Griffin was dominating the inside.

Thumbs down:

John Hall's missed FG
Frost's Punting