PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to those that represented!!

rskinsfan10
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I wanted to create this thread to applaud those Skins fans that were in attendence that made our boys feel somewhat at home in the desert. You guys were great and I could hear you and your energy clearly over the TV.

Great job guys and gals. :beer:

PennSkinsFan
12-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Ditto Kenny. The part of the game i did hear on the radio, plus the pregame, Sonny talked alot about how the Redskin fans seem to drowned out the Arizona fans. So kudos to you all!

LATrueRedskin
12-11-2005, 08:02 PM
I second that. I was amazed when I heard a "DEFENSE" chant for our defense!! Fantastic job, fellow die-hards.

CNYSkinFan
12-11-2005, 08:05 PM
It was noticeable every time the crowd shots were on the crown, at least 30-40% Redskin fans....simply awesome.

FanFromArizona
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Glad to represent! It was awesome hearing the energy for our players.

2 down, 3 to go, I did my part, now I am hoping we represent in the last 3 weeks.

Coincidentally, for the record, there is a HUGE local Arizona fan base here, I live and work here and know of SEVERAL fans here in town.

LadyNRedskinsfan
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
oh definitely. it was cool hearing cooooooley whenever chrius would make a play. great job guys....:beer:

MONK_in_HOF
12-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Very cool to see.
Brunell mentioned in his post game interview on comcast that this was the most impressed he has been w/ the Redskins fans during his tenure.

whitskins
12-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Serious kudos to Whistleandthumb, BnG, Smoak, FanfromArizona, and everyone else who I am forgetting, AWESOME JOB!

I will be there the next two weeks to do my part in our home stadium.

DoGood
12-11-2005, 08:11 PM
That effort was amazing. The stadium was actually louder when the CARDINALS offense was on the field. I laughed out loud numerous times during the game. Great Job everyone!

redskin_rich
12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Great job representing in the desert but I'm not surprised, I knew some of the best Skins fans there are were there.

RedskinsDave
12-11-2005, 08:14 PM
There was a play in the first quarter where we stopped them and the crowd cheered. I knew we were well reresented when I heard that.

LATrueRedskin
12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Glad to represent! It was awesome hearing the energy for our players.

2 down, 3 to go, I did my part, now I am hoping we represent in the last 3 weeks.

Coincidentally, for the record, there is a HUGE local Arizona fan base here, I live and work here and know of SEVERAL fans here in town.

Yeah why is that? I've always wondered why there are an astounding amount of Skins fans in Arizona. Either way, keep on keepin' on!!!

hail2skins
12-11-2005, 08:17 PM
There was a play in the first quarter where we stopped them and the crowd cheered. I knew we were well reresented when I heard that.I remember that too and Sonny made reference to the Skin's fan there when the penalty was called that negated that 2nd or 3rd interception.

rskinsfan10
12-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah why is that? I've always wondered why there are an astounding amount of Skins fans in Arizona. Either way, keep on keepin' on!!!The team also flies alot of their sponsors out there when we play them. I know that contributes to it. Also, there is a large contingent of the fan base that travels to several games every year. Who wouldn't want to fly out there to escape the wannabe Arctic the the DC metro area attempts to become these days? Also, I've heard that Cardinals home games are the easiest in the NFL to get. I saw plenty of empty SECTIONS, not seats, but sections throughout the entire game.

Syllable
12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
the defense chant was just crazy... it made my laugh even though they made a deep pass.

CowboyKilla
12-11-2005, 09:47 PM
For Real,,, madd props, I told my girl "You here that!" It was awesome.
DeFense!!DeFense!!!

superskin
12-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Absolutely amazing. I was speechless. I wish I could import everyone of those fans into Fed Ex this Sunday.

Jon Jansen is money
12-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Absolutely amazing. I was speechless. I wish I could import everyone of those fans into Fed Ex this Sunday.

We need someone to defend fedex this week. If only someone had super powers.....

Redskin006
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey, guys it was truly an amazing game today. I sat on the side with all of the skins fans and it was just crazy. It was loud, loud and even more loud. There was a few cards fans sitting near us and we were able to get them to move because there were so many skins fans in our area. I loved representing and I will be traveling to FEDEX next week to watch our beloved skins take on the BOYS!!! My friend called me after the Cards game today and told me he bought me a ticket to the Boys game next week. So, I just bought a ticket to the east coast and I will be there with you guys and hopefully be part of a memorable WIN next week!!!!

Dept_of_Defense
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
That was awesome. I can't believe how many fans I saw on TV. That must be so embarrassing and discouraging for the Cardinals. I kinda feel bad............nah. Go SKINS.
________
HOW TO CLEAN VAPIR NO2 (http://www.vaporshop.com)

GolfFreak
12-12-2005, 06:39 AM
I wanted to create this thread to applaud those Skins fans that were in attendence that made our boys feel somewhat at home in the desert. You guys were great and I could hear you and your energy clearly over the TV.

Heck yeah, at one point I heard chants for Defense when Zona had the ball. Go Skins!!!

whistleandthumb
12-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I can't talk today, but I brought my A-game for sure yesterday. I'll post my whole story in another thread, but I was just so elated to see that many Burgundy jerseys yesterday. The Skins side of the stadium was probably 90% Skins fans... it was so beautiful.

Glad you guys could hear us!! :)

LATrueRedskin
12-12-2005, 12:50 PM
The team also flies alot of their sponsors out there when we play them. I know that contributes to it. Also, there is a large contingent of the fan base that travels to several games every year. Who wouldn't want to fly out there to escape the wannabe Arctic the the DC metro area attempts to become these days? Also, I've heard that Cardinals home games are the easiest in the NFL to get. I saw plenty of empty SECTIONS, not seats, but sections throughout the entire game.

Makes sense. So does that always happen at every Cardinals home game? That must be terrible for them.

rskinsfan10
12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Makes sense. So does that always happen at every Cardinals home game? That must be terrible for them.Maybe. From what I can tell, they don't seem to get even close to selling the place outb until their old NFC East friends come to town. I think they do in fact sell out when the Cowboys do come through.

RedskinsDave
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Brown said he was blowing the kiss to all the fans who made the long trip to see them on his kick return.

Redskin006
12-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Makes sense. So does that always happen at every Cardinals home game? That must be terrible for them.

Yes, it does!! They haven't shown a home Cardinals game here in Arizona in the past ten years or so. Nobody cares about the Cardinals here, and if they do they show up when they think they have a chance to win the game.

Discalced
12-12-2005, 11:27 PM
It was my first Skins game ever. We were loud, but I didn't realize that this was anything unusual for an away game until I heard Gibbs' interview today. It was awesome.

smoak
12-13-2005, 04:45 AM
oh brother!!! What a trip!!! All the little redskina-maniacs where out there in full force! It was AMAZING! I know it wasn't the pretiest game in Redskins history, butI felt we put some serious makeup on that pig cause she was B-E-A-UTIFUL to me.

All I know is that I am coming to FedEx next week on a mission this Sunday. I always cheer like I am going to die, well this week... da wife is going to have to keep 911 on speed dial baby. The 12th man will be alive if it is just me and the other HR faithful.

smoak
12-13-2005, 04:46 AM
We need someone to defend fedex this week. If only someone had super powers.....

More accurately, "if only every person would do their part", but I promised I wouldn't start. :D

skinsfan44
12-13-2005, 10:54 AM
The team also flies alot of their sponsors out there when we play them. I know that contributes to it. Also, there is a large contingent of the fan base that travels to several games every year. Who wouldn't want to fly out there to escape the wannabe Arctic the the DC metro area attempts to become these days? Also, I've heard that Cardinals home games are the easiest in the NFL to get. I saw plenty of empty SECTIONS, not seats, but sections throughout the entire game.

You are welcome.

It was an AWESOME experiance in Pheonix over the weekend.

And you are right rskinsfan10, their was WHOLE sections with no one in them in the upper deck.

It was easily 60/40 Skins to Cards fans at Sun Devil Stadium (I mean FedEx West) on Sunday.

It almost felt like a home game at FedEx East. :)

joethefan
12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I was almost in tears when I heard the "Let's go Redskins"..chant..Yall were defintely in the house that day!!!!!!

skins74
12-13-2005, 11:13 AM

I kept thinking the Cardinal fans were just confused. Our fans were louder than their fans many of times and they are building a new stadium for them? I wonder how many Skins fans we had there?

smoak
12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I kept thinking the Cardinal fans were just confused. Our fans were louder than their fans many of times and they are building a new stadium for them? I wonder how many Skins fans we had there?

Not even 1/3 as many as we get at FedEx, but we made more noise at Sun Devil Stadium than we do at times in FedEx. I really can't explain it.

keepramsey
12-13-2005, 02:55 PM
hey yawl!
i have gotta say. that was the best game i have ever attended. not because of the outcome, well yeah that too. but because of the fans. i have never seen so many skins fans here at sun devil stadium. gonna hafta rename it to skins stadium. cuz we were the majority!
and yes. i went as a hogette. and i gotta say. i received a lot of love from the fans. there were a few cards fans that would say stuff under their breath. but the peeps that asked for a picture with me, more than made up for the sneer remarks that were made in my direction. i felt like a celeberty. i now know why super does what he does. and if i lived in DC, i would go as a hogette every home game. at least tailgatin. as tickets are hard to come by i hear. there was also some hardcore skins fans all around my section. we were all yellin all game, and i guess some cards fans didnt like us makin noise. had to have the sheriff come in. i dont know who the guy was, but he had a big daddy jersey on. and was a dancin mofo. gotta give props to him. he straight told them sheriffs what is up. this was our house, and if they didnt like the noise, they should go home. i could not have said it better myself.
anyways.

i had a blast. my voice still hasnt come back yet.

lets get them girls next week.

kr