PDA

View Full Version : For Thirteen Years, We've Waited. Tommorow, We Wait No More.

superskin
12-17-2005, 12:59 PM
To My Loyal Burgundy and Gold Bretheren:

As it should be, there are multiple threads in the forum about Dallas Week, and what we as a team and 12th Man need to do in the biggest regular season game ever at Fed Ex Field, and the most important Redskins-Cowgirl game in 13 years. We've watched clips from old games, and endlessly repeated the joyous sight of Santana hauling in two bombs twice in two minutes in front of a shocked and saddened sea of silver and blue. We've discussed resurrecting the "We Want Dallas" chant before kickoff which, if every fan understands the true meaning of this game, will not have to be discussed - it will emerge naturally like a ghost rising from a cemetary. That being said, I know that this 12th Man is smart enough to know what tomorrow is all about. For seven years, we have waited for a December game that actually meant something. For seven years, December has been a time for posts about next year's draft, top college prospects, and possible new coaches. To a larger degree, the last 13 years of this rivalry has been about beating Dallas for "pride", and that winning a single game would be our Super Bowl in an otherwise forgettable season. Now, that trend is over, and we have what we have been asking for. What are you as a member of this fan base and 12th man going to do about it? In the frosty, frigid night air at 4:15 tomorrow, in front of a FOX television audience made up of 3/4 of the country the FOX "A" team announcers Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, a sea of 92,000 burgundy and gold parkas and winter hats will fill Fortress Fed Ex, and the chants of "We Want Dallas" will reverberate througout the city of Landover as though war had been declared against the state of Texas. It hasn't happened since 1982, and instead of detailed directives to make it happen again, I'd rather leave you with actual quotes from former Cowboys RB Tony Dorsett and Redskins QB Joe Theismann, when asked about the atmosphere at RFK stadium that day...

Tony Dorsett:

''They were unbelievable,'' Dorsett said. ''You could tell they were waiting for us and wanted us for a while and they showed it. Their team delivered what they wanted. I wish that our fans could be as boisterous as Redskins fans. Fans don't realize what that does for a team to have that kind of support.''

Joe Theismann:

''I was scared, I was elated, I was overwhelmed,'' Theismann said. ''People can't appreciate this, but it was the only time I actually felt the ground shake beneath my feet in that stadium. The fans were pounding away on those metal stands with such force and in such great unison that as I stood on the field and the clock wound down, I'm an emotional person anyway and my emotions overwhelmed me. Tears came to my eyes and the ground was shaking. I thought, This is beyond belief."

POSSE UP, 12th MAN - IT'S THE "BATTLE OF LITTLE BIG HORN 2" - FED EX STYLE. GOD BLESS THE FRANCHISE AND THIS 12TH MAN.

Fathead
12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
We Want Dallass!

DoGood
12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Brilliant SS! RFK was a special place but FedEx has untapped potential. It is a sleeping giant just begging to be awakened. We got a little taste of that against the Bears in week 1 causing 3 false starts in a row. Here is an exerpt from ESPN:

Then, in one cruel sequence, the Redskins rattled the drive into oblivion. False start on Fred Miller. False start on John Tait. False start on Ruben Brown. Kyle Orton sacked by Demetric Evans. Suddenly, it was third-and-38. The Bears' last good scoring chance was over, and Washington's defense showed it hadn't lost a beat from last year in leading the team to a 9-7 victory Sunday.

FedEx houses around 35,000 more of the most RAUCOUS fans in the league than RFK did and its time to catapult our Team into the upper eschelon of the League. JOE GIBBS WANTS YOU!

Hail to the Redskins!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250911028

PGiddy18
12-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Supe!!!!

I was gonna wait to read this until tomorrow, but that lasted all of 3 seconds (much longer then i thought it would). You know how to get everyone fired up and i can not WAIT till tomorrow. 4:05 is our date with destiny and I for one and more then ready. Be loud and proud tomorrow guys! I'll be doing my part here. HAIL REDSKINS! :dalassuk:

helimech24
12-17-2005, 02:05 PM
No excuses this game fellas. Fedex houses 91,000+ B&G fans, the most in the NFL, and we need to hear every one of you guys for 3 hours. Are you up to it?

openallnight
12-17-2005, 02:06 PM
SS, thanks for your passion, dedication and encouragement!

Tomorrow we earn our place in NFL history and from hence forth FedEx Field will be known as the most feared battle ground in all the NFL.

When Riggins jogged out of the tunnel before the game, the RFK crowd emitted a sound that I haven't heard before or since.
It was over right then.
It was over.

redskin_rich
12-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice post SS! I'm feelin' it, man I can't wait! I won't be at the game :( but I will be at home with the surround sound set for stadium and cranked so loud, my neighbors will think they are at the game.
C'mon 12th man, it's time to let loose with all you've got!

WE WANT DALLASS!!!

LATrueRedskin
12-17-2005, 02:14 PM
You da MAN SS!!!

This one's ours, folks. The area has been getting ready all week long, with TV and radio (especially) talking constantly about it. I've never witnessed this much for a Skins game in my lifetime. The time is ours, and 92,000 will be behind their backs.

LadyNRedskinsfan
12-17-2005, 02:18 PM
:cry:you did it again......my heart started beating faster and faster as i read your post SS.......im not going, but iam so ready for this game.....

the cowturds are in for a beatdown!!!!!!!!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/rachay/34853_beatdown.gif

redskinz#1fan
12-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Man the chills have been running through my body the entire week. I have been reading quote after quote about our team and this rivalry with the cowgirls! I was born a skins fan, so thats about 30 years of magical rides. We have been on top of the world as a team, and obviously we have seen the bottom! I don't know about you, but the top has a much better view. We have waited for this chance for a lot of years. Time to remind Dallassss exactly who we are, what we stand for! I bleed burgandy and gold, as I know a lot of you do! I was able to attend the playoffs and superbowl when we played the Bills. So you must know that was an exciting time for me! Well I have had the same feeling all week leading up to this game. So there is only one thing left to do!

Git-R-Done

greatest2
12-17-2005, 03:07 PM
WE WANT DALLAS
WE WANT DALLAS
WE WANT DALLAS

BABY IT FEELS LIKE GAME-TIME!

Terps and Skins
12-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Cheer as loud as you can tomorrow skins fans! Get pumped!-http://www.webvisionsinc.com/skinsbandwagon/documents/WWD82.wmv

smoak
12-17-2005, 03:10 PM
All day I have been in rare form. I can't sleep... I can always eat... But mostly all I think about is the single most important Redskins game I will have ever attended.

Edskins_RVA
12-17-2005, 04:15 PM
It's going to be hard to sleep tonight.. :)

WWD! WWD! WWD!

smoak
12-17-2005, 04:20 PM
It's going to be hard to sleep tonight.. :)

WWD! WWD! WWD!

I've already warned my wife that there are several scenarios in which I come home with stiches in my head. :)

All kidding aside, if I am not on again tonight, everyone get your rest and come ready for an unbelieveable butt kicking! We need every single great fan out there to help counter the dallass fans and the wine and cheese folks sipping on their martinis inside the club level (I know there are some great club level fans so I don't mean everyone).

Add the energy you've had in all the other games combine then double it. That is what the team need from you tomorrow.

IMALILTEAPOT
12-17-2005, 04:38 PM
great job superskin, i cant wait. hey SS, where do u usually sit(or stand, really) at the games?

PA Skins Girl
12-17-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm so excited I could pop!

IowaSkinsFan
12-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Everyone knows this team has a job to do tomorrow.

Well, SS is right.....all Redskin fans attending the game tomorrow....you have a job to do as well.

When I tune in the game at 3pm, I expect to hear the chant that I haven't heard in 23 years, since that 1982 NFC Championship game.

Don't let us in TV land down.

HTTR!

BurgundyNGold
12-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Great post, SS. The 12th man has been an untapped resource at Fedex since it's inception. And by the term "12th man", I mean those rabid collection of Redskin fans that struck fear into the heart of visiting teams for decades, ripping from them every ounce of their will and reducing them to quivering husks of once proud men. Other teams? They don't have the "12th man". That is a dictinction that only the Redskins have had. The heart of which is still alive and beating strong, but is had lost its way over to Fedex. It had been lacking a leader to sound the horn, wave his arms invitingly and lead the charge into the darkest recesses of the souls of those Dallass dogs.

Tomorrow, as the leader of the 12th man, you have to unleash that fury. Every fan has to know that they are a huge, vital part of the 12th man. You are the embodiment of that spirit. This is why the spirit of JKC entrusted you with this awesome responsibility. This is what you were born to do.

Good luck and godspeed, Superskin.

LUVSKINSHTEDLS
12-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I've already warned my wife that there are several scenarios in which I come home with stiches in my head. :)

All kidding aside, if I am not on again tonight, everyone get your rest and come ready for an unbelieveable butt kicking! We need every single great fan out there to help counter the dallass fans and the wine and cheese folks sipping on their martinis inside the club level (I know there are some great club level fans so I don't mean everyone).

Add the energy you've had in all the other games combine then double it. That is what the team need from you tomorrow.

I'm not sure I will be sleeping much tonite, but I will be there, and I fully intend to leave my voice right there at FedEx. I can't wait to roll into the stadium with 90+ thousand other adoring fans, and help to bring the house down.

bgforever
12-17-2005, 07:33 PM
T Minus 19 Hours 38 Minutes........

thanks SS and now, I will be back in the am to continue the launch sequence

WE WANT DALLAS!!

smoak
12-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure I will be sleeping much tonite, but I will be there, and I fully intend to leave my voice right there at FedEx. I can't wait to roll into the stadium with 90+ thousand other adoring fans, and help to bring the house down.

Welcome to HR LUVSKINSHTEDLS!!!

I am pumped to hear about all the fans who are going to b e fired up tomorrow. If you want, stop by green C 21 and say hey!

smoak
12-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm so excited I could pop!

PSG - If you get a chance, pop over to C 21 and say hey!

RedskinsVision
12-17-2005, 10:04 PM
This is our destiny and the game will be our fate. Doesn't get much better than this.

Jon Jansen is money
12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I couldn't get tickets to the game so EVERYONE REPRESENT. MAKE DALLAS FEAR FEDEX FIELD.

HTTR

PA Skins Girl
12-17-2005, 10:34 PM
PSG - If you get a chance, pop over to C 21 and say hey!
Are you gonna be there? I thought you were doing the cash lot tomorrow.

Dept_of_Defense
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Everybody's gotta do their part. I want Dallas to hear all of you guys in the lockerroom an hour before kickoff!!! We're gonna crush those girls!!

Bushwacker
12-18-2005, 02:41 AM
great post superskin.

We will be watching this game live in the UK :) I am looking forward to hearing the place rock tonight which will lift us to a great victory over the girls!!!!

Rock the House guys!!!!!

bigcmr
12-18-2005, 04:44 AM
Great post. I can not wate for this game. Now I know all the fans wont let us down. Lets get them, Lets knock there heads off!

WE WANT DALLAS!

Hail to the Redskins!

smoak
12-18-2005, 04:51 AM
Are you gonna be there? I thought you were doing the cash lot tomorrow.

It was a last minute switcheroo! :) I tried getting a red pass off ebay, but kept getting out bid. Then I was presented an opportunity to get a green so I couldn't refuse!

It is 5:45 and I am ready right now to once and for all make FedEx a true homefield!!! I also last night realized that tas of now, his is the last game of the year for me...

helimech24
12-18-2005, 07:36 AM
It was a last minute switcheroo! :) I tried getting a red pass off ebay, but kept getting out bid. Then I was presented an opportunity to get a green so I couldn't refuse!

It is 5:45 and I am ready right now to once and for all make FedEx a true homefield!!! I also last night realized that tas of now, his is the last game of the year for me...

Are you just tailgating or are you going into the stadium too?

fent
12-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Are you just tailgating or are you going into the stadium too?

he's in...keep your eye out for the three crazy!@# dudes with face paint...that'll be Melo, Smoak and me....it may be the last time you see us...

PGiddy18
12-18-2005, 10:28 AM
he's in...keep your eye out for the three crazy!@# dudes with face paint...that'll be Melo, Smoak and me....it may be the last time you see us...

LoL! I'm sure you guys will have a great time. Make sure that you take pictures and come back and tell everyone that isn't able to be there what happened. And please... don't you guys get arrested. Unless its for kick a couple cowboy fans ***es. Cause then I'll pass around the collection plate.

NamVet4
12-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Thank you Superskin Ė once again you strike the chord that echoes the cry to the faithful!
This game is being hyped nationwide! Every major talk sports radio show has mentioned this game and the importance it plays in the NFC East, the NFC and the NFL. Soon the major network pre-game broadcasts will ring this game to everyones attention!
Now, the challenge is upon all of you who will be at the game.
Give no quarter! Literally! Donít let the sons of bovines have one second of peace and quiet. If our Beloved Team struggles, keep the faith. If our Beloved Team forges ahead, pour it on!
Believe that our Beloved Team will do its job!
For all of us who are at home or elsewhere, we will be there with you in spirit.
Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromArizona
12-18-2005, 11:06 AM
As the defender of everything Redskins, I, your associate deputy in Arizona, showed up and defended the Redskins in the hostile enemy terrritory of the Arizona end zone, I summon the call of the wild and ask you, Superskin and hr Nation, to

Arise from your slumber and make noise.

Dallas needs to know they will lose because 12 people on the field always beats out 11 people.

WackyJacky
12-18-2005, 11:35 AM
And please... don't you guys get arrested. Unless its for kick a couple cowboy fans ***es. Cause then I'll pass around the collection plate.
Yup, I'm pretty sure this group would raise some bail money for ya!

I am so STOKED!!! Every time I read one of SuperSkin's posts, I get jazzed, but this time I am practically thermonuclear!

FanFromArizona
12-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I think this game is MUCH different than Week 2, we need to remember that Mark Brunell had just been inserted as the Quarterback, and he had to get adjusted to game speeds and the timing of his receivers and the OLine[JJ with 2 busted thumbs] had some injuries. Also we did not have Lavar playing against the run. Now we have everything I mentioned above, but we also have a depleted and injured secondary, I do like what I saw from our depleted D last week handling the #1 passing offense.

So now we have built the chemistry and timing of what to expect, we just need to play our game and I like our chances.

helimech24
12-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Yup, I'm pretty sure this group would raise some bail money for ya!
I am so STOKED!!! Every time I read one of SuperSkin's posts, I get jazzed, but this time I am practically thermonuclear!

I got a couple of dollars stashed away just in case,:lol1:

RedskinRyan
12-18-2005, 05:33 PM
i didnt wait 13 years to see you dance on national TV superskin, but it would have been worth the wait

CNYSkinFan
12-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Great moves Superskin. We need you next week as much as this week.

BurgundyNGold
12-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I've got to say, SS: Well done. As the leader of the 12th man, you showed up today. As a result, the 12th man was effectively mobilized and Dallass withered under the assault.

IMO, the 12th man won this game. They made it IMPOSSIBLE for Dallass to get anything going early and kept them from clawing back. Now, I wasn't there, but 4 (or was it 5) first half false starts by the Dallass OL positively HAS to be attributed to the 12th man.

You folks who went to the game: Thank You!!!

PS: Get ready for next week. We're gonna need you big time on Christmas Eve too.