1. A win or tie
The Giants clinch a playoff spot with:
1. A Vikings loss or tie
The Redskins clinch a playoff spot with:
1. A win and a Cowboys loss and a Vikings loss and a Falcons loss

Santheb
12-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Okay, well..

Dallas @ Carolina -- very possible that they will lose.
Minnesota @ Baltimore -- doesn't look good
Falcons @ Tampa Bay -- Tampa has been the anti-Vick for awhile, up until this year actually where he passed for like 300 yards. I'd bet on Tampa, however.

Giants @ Redskins -- hm..not quite so sure :(

helimech24
12-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Okay, well..

Falcons @ Tampa Bay -- Tampa has been the anti-Vick for awhile, up until this year actually where he passed for like 300 yards. I'd bet on Tampa, however.

We are not in the meadowlands anymore dorothy. They are 3-3 against the NFC on the road. Not a very good stat. coming into RFK, I mean Fedex Field.

ryflan47
12-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Why the pessimism?

SkinsFan73
12-19-2005, 09:08 PM
All the Skins need to do is, as Al Davis would put it is, "JUST WIN BABY!!!"

FanFromArizona
12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay, well..

I think the Minny at Baltimore game just scares me, I like our chances with Carolina and Tampa Bay playing at home, I think it will be the other 2 games that we need to monitor. Baltimore is playing at home against Minny Sunday night, and at that point, I am not sure I want to hope that Chicago plays to win in Week 17. If we win this game, we are in.

Geez, how scary is it going to be if the Purple Men make it into the playoffs on their schedule they had this year? That game will be a first round version of our game yesterday.

koepke25
12-19-2005, 09:25 PM
We are not in the meadowlands anymore dorothy. They are 3-3 against the NFC on the road. Not a very good stat. coming into RFK, I mean Fedex Field.
Don't forget that one of their road wins was actually a home game against the Saints

helimech24
12-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Don't forget that one of their road wins was actually a home game against the Saints

You are right, so realistically, they won 2 and lost 3

FanFromArizona
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM

Man, this is going to get tossed around if we lose the division by 1 game.
It's going to be another epic catastrophe of the midsummer All-Star blunder of a few years ago.

I can't remember where I heard this, but I heard the Giants will have 1 of their home games taken away from them next year and will be the NFC representative for the game outside of the country.

Santheb
12-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Why the pessimism?

36-0.

X-Factor13
12-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Don't count the ravens out of the minnesota game. as crazy as it sounds they could actually beat them. I think that baltimore is looking forward to a spoiler role and the ravens have a very good pass defense with samari rolle, chris mcallister and ed reed. Give them a chance at least is what i'm tryin to say

helimech24
12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
36-0.

They are not even close when on the road, unless you think we are at par with San Fran.

vs. SD-Lost 45-23
vs. Dallas-Lost 16-13
vs. SF-Won 26-6
vs. Seattle-Lost 24-21
vs. Philly-Won 26-23 (without McNabb,To,or Westbrook)

Still very worried?

JoeJacksonTaylor28
12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
36-0.
How about this for optimism:

35-7

BTW: Amazing sig!

FanFromArizona
12-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Don't count the ravens out of the minnesota game. as crazy as it sounds they could actually beat them. I think that baltimore is looking forward to a spoiler role and the ravens have a very good pass defense with samari rolle, chris mcallister and ed reed. Give them a chance at least is what i'm tryin to say

Let's go BALTIMORE! Purple People Eaters, ACTIVATE.

helimech24
12-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Let's go BALTIMORE! Purple People Eaters, ACTIVATE.

They don't look bad against GB. They are the same as the Vikings right,:lol1: . At least not much better.

Santheb
12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
They are not even close when on the road, unless you think we are at par with San Fran.

vs. SD-Lost 45-23
vs. Dallas-Lost 16-13
vs. SF-Won 26-6
vs. Seattle-Lost 24-21
vs. Philly-Won 26-23 (without McNabb,To,or Westbrook)

Still very worried?

Doesn't matter. Out of the last 5 games, the Giants are the only ones to really worry me. I'm not going to just change my judgement because they are playing at FedEx.

How about this for optimism:

35-7

BTW: Amazing sig!

35-7 was amazing, no doubt, but still I'm just a bit worried, especially because of the injury to Randy Thomas.

And thanks :)

helimech24
12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Doesn't matter. Out of the last 5 games, the Giants are the only ones to really worry me. I'm not going to just change my judgement because they are playing at FedEx.

I will agree to just disagree. Can't argue against emotion, and I wouldn't want to try.

forcefield58
12-19-2005, 10:09 PM
NFC East
The Giants clinch the NFC East with:
1. A win or tie
The Giants clinch a playoff spot with:
1. A Vikings loss or tie
The Redskins clinch a playoff spot with:
1. A win and a Cowboys loss and a Vikings loss and a Falcons loss

I had a dose of Gibbs on WTEM today and also heard from almost all of the impact players during interviews off and on throughout the day. I'm confident that the Skins feel enough emotion from their whipping in NY that they'll take care of business this Sat. Gibbs and all of the players all had the same message today and that was for the fans to "bring it" just like you did during the Cowgirls game. The players thrive on the crowd, especially over 100k of them!!! It would be normal for a let down after Dallas, but with enough fans whooping it up they'll get pumped up too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Santheb
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh, and all you guys disagreeing with me with worrying about the Giants, would you question Gibbs? Because on his interview today with George Michael and Sonny Jurgensen, he said he's worried about the game and stood by it. So me and Gibbsa re agreeing, and you would never disagree with Gibbs and if you do, you are a traitor to everything Redskin according to some people.

helimech24
12-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Oh, and all you guys disagreeing with me with worrying about the Giants, would you question Gibbs? Because on his interview today with George Michael and Sonny Jurgensen, he said he's worried about the game and stood by it. So me and Gibbsa re agreeing, and you would never disagree with Gibbs and if you do, you are a traitor to everything Redskin according to some people.

LOL, now that is reaching. Every interview Gibbs gives, he says he is worried about the upcoming game. I am sure he was worried about SF, AZ, or STL. I am not disagreeing that this is a huge game that will test the teams will. But I am not as nervous as going against Dallas.

bgforever
12-19-2005, 10:32 PM
LOL, now that is reaching. Every interview Gibbs gives, he says he is worried about the upcoming game. I am sure he was worried about SF, AZ, or STL. I am not disagreeing that this is a huge game that will test the teams will. But I am not as nervous as going against Dallas.

The Giants are a payback game, pure and simple. Of course they will be A minded in their game, as if there is a better way to go. I have no doubt, there's not a single Redskins player taking even a milisecond for granted. One play at a time down to it's molecule. JG and GW were totally embarrassed by the previous game and it is MORE than a motivator for the Whole organization and for the fans.

Worry, worry? I would stare down my players, each and every one and ask them to tell me why they think they can't be in this game! This one they should want to be in and start their march of atonement!

ryflan47
12-19-2005, 10:36 PM
36-0.
I think that we're 2 different teams now. Don't worry bro.
and btw - your sig is awesome

Santheb
12-19-2005, 10:38 PM
I think that we're 2 different teams now. Don't worry bro.

Maybe, maybe not.

whitskins
12-20-2005, 04:14 AM
If you're not worried about playing the Giants, I don't really know what team you have been watching all year, maybe it was the Colts, but it wasn't the Redskins.

I'm not trying to lay a pessimistic tone here, because I am confident that we will win, but I absolutely am worried. I'm always worried first of all, and one always should be no matter who their opponent is. The easiest way to be beaten is to overlook or underestimate your opponent. That's rule number one of competition.

Also, the Redskins have been way too inconsistent this year on both sides of the ball for me to expect an easy win over anyone. I'm elated that we're hitting our peak at the perfect time, but buzzwords like confidence and momentum really don't mean jack when you line up to go play. One 50 yard Tiki Barber run to start the game and your confidence and momentum are shot right to hell.

I think we will win because we have more to play for than New York, we are at home in front of a hostile crowd, and New York (and specifically Eli) don't play nearly as well on the road. I also don't think NY is 36 points better than us, not even close. I think if the fans show up and pour the kind of emotion we did on Sunday against Dallas, then it will be hard for this team to lose.

But to not be worried is playing right into the Giants hands. Gibbs would never let his team take this attitude and I don't think the fans should either. The Giants are a very strong team and will be a big test. I'm not taking them lightly and neither will Gibbs, and I pray that the players will not either.

SpicyMcHaggis
12-20-2005, 04:53 AM
If you're not worried about playing the Giants, I don't really know what team you have been watching all year, maybe it was the Colts, but it wasn't the Redskins.

I'm not trying to lay a pessimistic tone here, because I am confident that we will win, but I absolutely am worried. I'm always worried first of all, and one always should be no matter who their opponent is. The easiest way to be beaten is to overlook or underestimate your opponent. That's rule number one of competition.

Also, the Redskins have been way too inconsistent this year on both sides of the ball for me to expect an easy win over anyone. I'm elated that we're hitting our peak at the perfect time, but buzzwords like confidence and momentum really don't mean jack when you line up to go play. One 50 yard Tiki Barber run to start the game and your confidence and momentum are shot right to hell.

I think we will win because we have more to play for than New York, we are at home in front of a hostile crowd, and New York (and specifically Eli) don't play nearly as well on the road. I also don't think NY is 36 points better than us, not even close. I think if the fans show up and pour the kind of emotion we did on Sunday against Dallas, then it will be hard for this team to lose.

But to not be worried is playing right into the Giants hands. Gibbs would never let his team take this attitude and I don't think the fans should either. The Giants are a very strong team and will be a big test. I'm not taking them lightly and neither will Gibbs, and I pray that the players will not either.

This could be very important..but could is the key word..we cannot afford to take them lightly because if we do we're gonna lose..it's as simple as that..it's true that we have a few things going for us, like homefield advantage, the fact that they could afford to lose while we can't, but we have to come strong like we did against Dallas...

smoak
12-20-2005, 06:35 AM

Don't make me come after you san! :D

Now is not the time to doubt! Now is the time to believe!

Patrick
12-20-2005, 08:47 AM

As John Thompson put's it ....... Fatting Frogs to Feed the Snakes!

And Gibbs was worried about the San Fran Game too but that his MO. There are no easy games in his book.

I understand where you're coming from but after feeling all the positive energy that was in that stadium Sunday ........ MAN if it's dupicated (or more) the Giants are for a day like Dallas just experienced.

vabeach_skinsfan
12-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Santheb.........man I love your signature. Thats hot!!!!!!!!!

whitskins
12-20-2005, 09:46 AM
As John Thompson put's it ....... Fatting Frogs to Feed the Snakes!

And Gibbs was worried about the San Fran Game too but that his MO. There are no easy games in his book.

I understand where you're coming from but after feeling all the positive energy that was in that stadium Sunday ........ MAN if it's dupicated (or more) the Giants are for a day like Dallas just experienced.

This is the key in my opinion. If the fans can represent and make Fed Ex as hostile environment as we did against Dallas, I don't think we can lose. I really think we were in Dallas' head before the game started. And I KNOW Eli is not ready for this!

But still, I am worried as heck for this game. It's probably just my nature, but I'm incredibly nervous!!

superskin
12-20-2005, 09:54 AM
This is the key in my opinion. If the fans can represent and make Fed Ex as hostile environment as we did against Dallas, I don't think we can lose. I really think we were in Dallas' head before the game started. And I KNOW Eli is not ready for this!

Now THAT is the attitude our 12th Man needs to carry into Saturday. Let's get in those bastard's heads early and rattle them to their core.

helimech24
12-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Now THAT is the attitude our 12th Man needs to carry into Saturday. Let's get in those bastard's heads early and rattle them to their core.

That is what it is going to take. Bledsoe couldn't control his team, and Eli won't be able to if we come in force. WE WANT GIANTS, YOU SUCK should be heard the whole game. No sitting allowed, no voice after the game is allowed, and absolutely no leaving early is allowed.

We follow these rules and leave the rest to OUR REDSKINS.