PDA

View Full Version : Worst site in the NFL?

CNYSkinFan
12-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't know if this belongs in another thread or not so a mod can move it but it is redskins related

Best web site: Theredzone.org provides links to newspaper stories in every NFL city and has a readily accessible archive service, as well.

Worst web site: Extremeskins.com, now owned and operated by the Washington Redskins and a place where no-accountability venom remains the lifeblood of a despicable operation.

SOURCE (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122900951_2.html)

Uhm....Holy Crap!! Now I like it over here at hR and I only post here so I have a little bias. And this may be part of the Post attacking the Redskins period. But damn, this is kind of a slap isn't it?

I guess it goes along with being the official message bopard of the Redskins.

C-7
12-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Wow.

Chief Seeway
12-30-2005, 01:18 PM
That's gotta be just a little bit embarrassing. Jus' a lil.

EDIT: I rarely visit other fan sites so I don't have much of an opinion but the write up does sound like the author is just bitter.

The Skinsinator
12-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Sally Jenkins didn't write that? Yeah, it's real apparent the Redskins team has a beautiful relationship with the Washington Post. Look guys, this is a better site but extreme isn't all that bad just not for me. Now, that it is the actual bulletin board of the team, I feel these comments are highly unjust and would love to see a response. The Post loses credibility and respect with me almost weekly.

chrisbcbu
12-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Ya i visit extreme every now and again and i dont have any problems with them. But the Posts comments are insane. I think it merely stems from the Posts hatred of the Skins and they are just looking at someone to pick on.

Unless, Shapiro actually visited the site and got bashed or something for giving his opinions! Who really knows what made him state that about ES.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 01:49 PM
It's OK. This was an editor's assignment. :rolleyes:

CNYSkinFan
12-30-2005, 01:58 PM

:lol1: now that is just funny.

X-Factor13
12-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Redskins MVP: Wide receiver Santana Moss is worth every nickel Daniel Snyder paid for a guy who doesn't look all that imposing but plays like Superman once the game begins.

Assistant Coach of the Year: Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

Coach of the Year: Again, plenty of worthy candidates, but I'll still take the Colts' Tony Dungy, whose team won 13 straight mostly because of a Dungy-coached defense that was vastly improved from a year ago. Marvin Lewis did a wonderful job with the Bengals, as did Lovie Smith with the Chicago Bears. And by the way, a guy named Joe Gibbs -- you remember him, three Super Bowl titles and a Hall of Fame bust -- deserves some votes for the Redskins late season surge

Player of the Year, special teams: A little provincial choice here, but the Redskins Mike Sellers has been a stud on these units all season.

i would say that this is justification that they DON'T hate the redskins... or at least that they don't in this article. by the way this is all on the first page

GWBlitzST
12-30-2005, 02:01 PM
i would say that this is justification that they DON'T hate the redskins... or at least that they don't in this article. by the way this is all on the first page
Too bad they were saying the complete opposite all off-season and have some reporters that still try to imply Gibbs is somehow a bust.

GWBlitzST
12-30-2005, 02:03 PM
BTW I have no problem with extremeskins, though some posters there have NO idea what they're talking about. The articles are great, though, IMO.

sknz2856
12-30-2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know if this belongs in another thread or not so a mod can move it but it is redskins related

SOURCE (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122900951_2.html)

Uhm....Holy Crap!! Now I like it over here at hR and I only post here so I have a little bias. And this may be part of the Post attacking the Redskins period. But damn, this is kind of a slap isn't it?

I guess it goes along with being the official message bopard of the Redskins.

I was thinking about something similar to this yesterday. Not necessarily that Extremeskins was in any way a bad site...but how much different and "cleaner" hR is compared to ES. What prompted this was the Lavar issue recently. I decided to peruse ES yesterday and counted 10 threads on the first page with Lavar's name in them alone...all probably discussing the same topic. Returning to hR there was one "Discuss Lavar here" thread. I think it is sometimes overlooked how much time and effort the owners and mods put into keeping hR a "clean" site and reducing duplicate threads. Based on this recent article by the Post (biased or not) I think we owe the folks here at hR a HUGE Thank You for all their efforts to this point. You really have created a tremendous site and I'm glad to consider myself a member of the hR family.

halter91
12-30-2005, 02:33 PM
And who the hell is Leonard Shapiro?? Now I vist all the Skins boards and I like them all, this and Extreme being my 2 favorites. Maybe this one one of the guys who got screwed when the Skins stopped giving away free tickets to the Post's employees. What an (edited)!! :sfight:

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I was thinking about something similar to this yesterday. Not necessarily that Extremeskins was in any way a bad site...but how much different and "cleaner" hR is compared to ES. What prompted this was the Lavar issue recently. I decided to peruse ES yesterday and counted 10 threads on the first page with Lavar's name in them alone...all probably discussing the same topic. Returning to hR there was one "Discuss Lavar here" thread. I think it is sometimes overlooked how much time and effort the owners and mods put into keeping hR a "clean" site and reducing duplicate threads. Based on this recent article by the Post (biased or not) I think we owe the folks here at hR a HUGE Thank You for all their efforts to this point. You really have created a tremendous site and I'm glad to consider myself a member of the hR family.
The owners and mods do a great job here of keeping everything nice and tight. All of the BS an trolls are (pretty much) kept to a minimum so as to not take away from the real Redskins stuff, which is why we all come here.

Just like Gibbs and the Redskins, quality starts at the top. I can't say enough good things about the folks who run this site.

Santheb
12-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Extremeskins.com commits assault on my eyes every time I view it.

CNYSkinFan
12-30-2005, 02:49 PM
The owners and mods do a great job here of keeping everything nice and tight. All of the BS an trolls are (pretty much) kept to a minimum so as to not take away from the real Redskins stuff, which is why we all come here.

Just like Gibbs and the Redskins, quality starts at the top. I can't say enough good things about the folks who run this site.

kissup:moon2:

D-Ruck #8
12-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Extremeskins.com commits assault on my eyes every time I view it.

Yeah, me too. Can't stand the black background. HR is definitley the best.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 03:35 PM
kissup :moon2:
LOL, hey, I try to always call it as I see it. Usually it's not popular and anything but kissing up. These are good folks that run and administer this site and it has taken a lot of effort to get it to what it is today. I get grief for ripping into pretty much anything that I don't like, so I think it is only proper that I go in the opposite direction to an equal degree when there is something that is good and decent that I do like.

So there. :D

CNYSkinFan
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey, I try to always call it as I see it. Usually it's not popular and anything but kissing up. These are good folks that run and administer this site and it has taken a lot of effort to get it to what it is today. I get grief for ripping into pretty much anything that I don't like, so I think it is only proper that I go in the opposite direction to an equal degree when there is something that is good and decent that I do like.

So there. ;)

was that to me...if so could you please learn how to properly use the quote button :sfight:

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 03:40 PM
was that to me...if so could you please learn how to properly use the quote button :sfight:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

I have like a gajillion posts -- never doing that once -- and the same day that I get on a guy about his (repeated) misquoting, this is what happens. That is too damn funny!

l'll fix that.

CNYSkinFan
12-30-2005, 03:53 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!

I have like a gajillion posts -- never doing that once -- and the same day that I get on a guy about his (repeated) misquoting, this is what happens. That is too damn funny!

l'll fix that.

:lol1:

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I hate ExtremeSkins. They blocked me from posting after I made a thread mocking other threads after the San Diego loss. I tried e-mailing and PMing them, but none of their admins replied. Besides, the people there are complete idiots and total homers.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 03:56 PM
I hate ExtremeSkins. They blocked me from posting after I made a thread mocking other threads after the San Diego loss. I tried e-mailing and PMing them, but none of their admins replied. Besides, the people there are complete idiots and total homers.
LOL, I hope you've mellowed. ;)

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 03:58 PM
LOL, I hope you've mellowed. ;)
Meh, I've just come here to stir up trouble.

:eek:

helimech24
12-30-2005, 04:04 PM

Aren't we all homers? We post on a redskins fan site to talk about the redskins.

Syllable
12-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Extreme skins is a good site i watch all the highlight tapes from their and some guys really know what they are talking about(by that i mean sticking to the pastabellies, Crow eating Carter, Peter lying, and others). But since the the skins have been showing off their names we get alot of 1+ posters.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Aren't we all homers? We post on a redskins fan site to talk about the redskins.
Yeah, but there is a difference between unwavering support and blind obedience. Some of the guys on other boards are beyond delusional in both directions.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah, but there is a difference between unwavering support and blind obedience. Some of the guys on other boards are beyond delusional in both directions.

Glad I picked this one as the board to join. To be honest, I have never gotten on another board before this one.

ROBSKINS
12-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I AM FROM OHIO AND HR ROCKS. GO SKINS KICK SOME IGGLES @#% :sfight: :sfight:

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I AM FROM OHIO AND HR ROCKS. GO SKINS KICK SOME IGGLES @#% :sfight: :sfight:
Welcome to hR Rob! We look forward to hearing what you have to say about the team.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Welcome to hR Rob! We look forward to hearing what you have to say about the team.

Ditto.

Spence
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
...how much different and "cleaner" hR is compared to ES. What prompted this was the Lavar issue recently. I decided to peruse ES yesterday and counted 10 threads on the first page with Lavar's name in them alone...all probably discussing the same topic. Returning to hR there was one "Discuss Lavar here" thread. I think it is sometimes overlooked how much time and effort the owners and mods put into keeping hR a "clean" site and reducing duplicate threads. Based on this recent article by the Post (biased or not) I think we owe the folks here at hR a HUGE Thank You for all their efforts to this point. You really have created a tremendous site and I'm glad to consider myself a member of the hR family.Thank you for the kind words, sknz. HR members like you is why we created this site.

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Bingo. The number one part of being a true fan, in my opinion, is being able to question the staff when something is amuck. The guys on ExtremeSkins would jump off a cliff if Joe Gibbs and Co. did so.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Bingo. The number one part of being a true fan, in my opinion, is being able to question the staff when something is amuck. The guys on ExtremeSkins would jump off a cliff if Joe Gibbs and Co. did so.
It's OK to have opinions that differ from the Redskins or the FO. This is heresy to more than a few other boards. The trick is to not be a complete blind homer or to be chicken little. We all do it sometimes. It's the price of passion.

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 06:19 PM
It's OK to have opinions that differ from the Redskins or the FO. This is heresy to more than a few other boards. The trick is to not be a complete blind homer or to be chicken little. We all do it sometimes. It's the price of passion.
A solid mix of both is the way to go. On ExtremeSkins, there is always at least 3-5 topics locked on the front page. The staff there does not allow any one to question the team, and that's a big, big problem. After all, the fans are what make the NFL. Without fans, there would be no NFL.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 06:25 PM

Those guys are complete morons, and should be get their heads stomped in. They are the type that tells you a player is good, but can't tell you why.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 06:29 PM
A solid mix of both is the way to go. On ExtremeSkins, there is always at least 3-5 topics locked on the front page. The staff there does not allow any one to question the team, and that's a big, big problem. After all, the fans are what make the NFL. Without fans, there would be no NFL.
I just couldn't get into that scene over at ES. It was utter chaos. That's what makes hR so much different. It's for the fans, by the fans.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Those guys are complete morons, and should be get their heads stomped in. They are the type that tells you a player is good, but can't tell you why.
Yes, that's precisely the middle of the road approach that I was advocating. :D

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 06:31 PM
I just couldn't get into that scene over at ES. It was utter chaos. That's what makes hR so much different. It's for the fans, by the fans.
hR is great. They think of hR as a terrible board over at ExtremeSkins. I wanted to reply but I can't post.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 06:34 PM
hR is great. They think of hR as a terrible board over at ExtremeSkins. I wanted to reply but I can't post.

It sounds like fun to post an anti-ES, pro-HR post on their site, but I don't want those idiots coming over here if they are like what you guys say.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 06:34 PM
I consider hR to be Pebble Beach while ES is more like Gunpowder, lol. The biggest difference being that anyone can play hR. :)

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 06:35 PM
It sounds like fun to post an anti-ES, pro-HR post on their site, but I don't want those idiots coming over here if they are like what you guys say.
Yeah, you're right. We shouldn't be talking about those guys. I'm done talking about that place. I know where I've set up my lawn chair.

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
You'd be promptly banned from posting and your topic would be locked/post would be deleted. It's a vicious board.

halter91
12-30-2005, 06:38 PM

I guess I'm an idiot then and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who belongs there too. I still love both boards.

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 06:40 PM
I guess I'm an idiot then and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who belongs there too. I still love both boards.
It's a generalization. There's a few good people on ExtremeSkins, but the majority are idiots.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
It's a generalization. There's a few good people on ExtremeSkins, but the majority are idiots.
Should I get you a bigger shovel? :D

CapitalDefense
12-30-2005, 06:43 PM
They might a well move the Post to Dallas, Texas.

Axegrinder
12-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Time Out!

Please Don't antagonize the other site or it's members.

Let's remember a couple of things:
1]This site and it's members are different and we need to behave as such.
2]It was AN OPINION.
Granted it was in a major newspaper,but it was an opinion.
Some will agree and some will disagree.
3]We're all Redskins fans and it's important to remember that.

That's all I have to say on this subject.

Time In!

DoGood
12-30-2005, 06:51 PM

Very funny BNG! Good job bringing that up.:lol1:

flave1969
12-30-2005, 07:27 PM

Dave there are decent people on both boards. It is really hard to keep up there and the former owners are pretty anti hR. Both places have there niche and place in the market. They do paint a picture about hR I do not recognise. It is hard to listen to your friends get slagged of, especially people who have been very supportive of me personally.

PennSkinsFan
12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I actually think it was stupid of the Post. Dammit, were ont he verge of a playoff berth, with the biggest game in almost a decade awaiting us in just two days and they had to write that? Why can't they turn that animosity into pumping up the readers for the biggest game of the last 7 years! Come on Post, no need to be classless.

whitskins
12-30-2005, 07:46 PM
I actually think it was stupid of the Post. Dammit, were ont he verge of a playoff berth, with the biggest game in almost a decade awaiting us in just two days and they had to write that? Why can't they turn that animosity into pumping up the readers for the biggest game of the last 7 years! Come on Post, no need to be classless.

The Post doesn't want to pump anybody up, that might lead to fans cheering which we all know is very "bush league".

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 07:47 PM
The Post doesn't want to pump anybody up, that might lead to fans cheering which we all know is very "bush league".
LOL, good pull.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 07:48 PM

Is it possible that the opposing team is now sponsering the Post. They can never say anything nice about the skins. I the sports page should be called Dallas/Giants/Eagles Sports.

camasterton
12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Notice how WaPo lists as "Best Site" the Red Zone, who's business plan and home page's main feature is links to old boy newspapers, including, suprise the Post.

DoGood
12-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Notice how WaPo lists as "Best Site" the Red Zone, who's business plan and home page's main feature is links to old boy newspapers, including, suprise the Post.

The Washington Post has officially lost all credibility in the world of sports. I'm sickened the way that they treat their's and our home team.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 08:35 PM
The Washington Post has officially lost all credibility in the world of sports. I'm sickened the way that they treat their's and our home team.

I rather read sportsline.com and espn.com than read the post anymore. They at least give a closer unbias reports.

IHATEDALLAS'82'87'91
12-30-2005, 08:42 PM
That is a awful website.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 09:02 PM
That is a awful website.
That's what we love about you, IHD: Your innate ability to boil down an otherwise simple point into it's even simpler synposis. ;)

rhummer37
12-30-2005, 09:09 PM
While at Extremeskins, i saw this and thought you guys might like it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Zyclone/brokebackseason.jpg

DoGood
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM

Patrick Daniels? Are these guys actually Redskins fans?

rhummer37
12-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Yea, someone there saw that too.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 09:12 PM
LMAO! Good catch!

DoGood
12-30-2005, 09:20 PM
LMAO! Good catch!

Speaking of which, Phillip has been on fire lately and he should get more recognition. This guy apparently didn't think so.

On to Extremeskins. There are definitely things that I like and things that I don't like. One one hand, there are a ton of members and it keeps things fresh. But on the other, you don't really get to know each other like you do here and also it is tougher to really get a sincere opinion. In addition, I don't know if there is a single hR member that does not REALLY know Redskins football.

What I'm getting at is, Who needs ES when you have hR?

helimech24
12-30-2005, 09:22 PM

:funpost: that is a great image.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Speaking of which, Phillip has been on fire lately and he should get more recognition. This guy apparently didn't think so.

On to Extremeskins. There are definitely things that I like and things that I don't like. One one hand, there are a ton of members and it keeps things fresh. But on the other, you don't really get to know each other like you do here and also it is tougher to really get a sincere opinion. In addition, I don't know if there is a single hR member that does not REALLY know Redskins football.

What I'm getting at is, Who needs ES when you have hR?
That's pretty much my sentiment. They have their niche and hR has its niche. To my way of thinking, you might go there to get acclimated to message boards or to learn a bit about the team. As you learn more about football and the Redskins, that crowd becomes tiresome, or at least looking for an intelligent discussion on football does. That's when folks tend to graduate to hR. ;)

DoGood
12-30-2005, 09:30 PM
That's pretty much my sentiment. They have their niche and hR has its niche. To my way of thinking, you might go there to get acclimated to message boards or to learn a bit about the team. As you learn more about football and the Redskins, that crowd becomes tiresome, or at least looking for an intelligent discussion on football does. That's when folks tend to graduate to hR. ;)

It's quality versus quantity my friends. You already know which I choose.

EHoffman
12-30-2005, 09:41 PM
...Quantity?

helimech24
12-30-2005, 09:42 PM

I didn't have a chose really. I stumbled apon this board and fell in love with it. I like the comrodary that is here. I also like the conversation, different points of views and the sense of humor guys have. I don't have to find another board about the Redskins, I love this one.

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
I didn't have a chose really. I stumbled apon this board and fell in love with it. I like the comrodary that is here. I also like the conversation, different points of views and the sense of humor guys have. I don't have to find another board about the Redskins, I love this one.
You're lucky you made me tear up with this post of yours. :D

helimech24
12-30-2005, 09:54 PM
You're lucky you made me tear up with this post of yours. :D

That was the point. To see if I could make you cry,:lol1:

BTW, did I spell that right?

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
That was the point. To see if I could make you cry,:lol1:

BTW, did I spell that right?
Close enough, pal. :awesomewo

helimech24
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Close enough, pal. :awesomewo

Sad part is, I even spell checked through firefox. I don't know what the hell is up with that.:banghead:

BurgundyNGold
12-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Sad part is, I even spell checked through firefox. I don't know what the hell is up with that.:banghead:
I think it's with an "e". Interestingly enough, it can also be spelled "camaraderie". However it's spelled, you're right, there is a whole lot of it here. Just wait until you get a chance to tailgate with this group at a game or go on a roadtrip to an away game. Very fun. Oh, and then there's the Draft Party too.

RedskinsVision
12-30-2005, 10:20 PM
This board is my home. But other boards should be welcomed as a fellow family member's home also. There's the good, bad, and the ugly with everything in life but Skins' fans should be supportive during this time. Offseason would be a more fun time to discuss these matters. Right now, we're all family.

helimech24
12-30-2005, 10:24 PM
I think it's with an "e". Interestingly enough, it can also be spelled "camaraderie". However it's spelled, you're right, there is a whole lot of it here. Just wait until you get a chance to tailgate with this group at a game or go on a roadtrip to an away game. Very fun. Oh, and then there's the Draft Party too.

I was hoping to run into people at the Giants game, but no one came and visited me in the orange lot. But I can tell that there is a lot of it here. I can't wait to participate.

WinnpegSkinsFan
12-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't have a lot of free time to view and post on boards so I choose HR (insert phoney TV adman here).

Seriously, I choose HR because there is intelligent discussion, fairmess in praise and criticism of the Skins and generally the members respect each other. I have no desire to go anywhere else. My knowledge of the Skins and NFL in general has increased astronomically since being on this board. Time weel spent.

Syllable
12-30-2005, 11:29 PM
what sites is he talking about??? Just redskins sites or sites around the league?

whistleandthumb
12-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Not a big surprise. I'm sure you've all been over there more than a time or two since the "takeover" and can all see that it's just totally out of control. That place defines anarchy on the web.

I'll stick to my beloved hR.

Spence
12-31-2005, 06:18 AM
hR is great. They think of hR as a terrible board over at ExtremeSkins. I wanted to reply but I can't post.Thank you for the kind words. Don't bother to defend HR over there. It makes them very angry and usually inspires several trolls to come over here and cause trouble. They have their site and we have ours. They're happy with their arrangement and we're happy with ours. And we're big enough not to care if Dan Snyder's employees at ES use their board to attack us. Nobody ever left HR because of something written anywhere else. :)

BandWagon
12-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Well I don't know about the WORST, but it's definitely the most visually UNREADABLE...light text on black backgrounds is so 1999 and one of the worst UI faux pas you can pull. AND the one thing that was really good over there they can't seem to figure out how to put back up...the games database. Not smart.

BurgundyNGold
12-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Well I don't know about the WORST, but it's definitely the most visually UNREADABLE...light text on black backgrounds is so 1999 and one of the worst UI faux pas you can pull. AND the one thing that was really good over there they can't seem to figure out how to put back up...the games database. Not smart.
I wish the Redskins would let us do a games database. I'm sure we would do a much better job.

IMALILTEAPOT
12-31-2005, 10:38 AM
i only read this site, but i go to extreme to see if they have any new links to stories and stuff. i got the chris paul redskins song from one of their threads

mexskins
12-31-2005, 02:04 PM
I dont think ES is the worst web site. However, I think this is the best Redskins Board.

I dont like ES because they usually are saying ugly stuff about Mexico. They make fun about it too. They dont understand that the Skins have fans all over the world.

Guys over here are great !!!

Im proud to be a member of HS

redskinz#1fan
12-31-2005, 02:08 PM
what sites is he talking about??? Just redskins sites or sites around the league?

They were talking about the extremeskins site. You know the one that the Redskins made their team site. HR is such a much better site, but extremeskins is ok if you need a change for a minute. But just a minute!

Joe-T
12-31-2005, 04:12 PM
:lol1: Danny strikes again .:Peace:

BurgundyNGold
12-31-2005, 04:14 PM
:lol1: Danny strikes again .

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2042/troll12fq.png

vabeach_skinsfan
12-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Player of the Year, special teams: A little provincial choice here, but the Redskins Mike Sellers has been a stud on these units all season.

Atleat they gave us this much!!!!!!

helimech24
12-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Atleat they gave us this much!!!!!!
It's the least they could do for a team on the brink of the playoffs.

BandWagon
12-31-2005, 10:58 PM
I wish the Redskins would let us do a games database. I'm sure we would do a much better job.
I'm thinking that building one of these is going to be my offseason project.

stonebraker
12-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Lol, I don't know if some of the people here have ever been to extremeskins.com, but i was unlucky enough to happen upon that site before I found this great board.

Of course, Extremeskins itself isn't terrible. How can it possibly be, its a message board! Its the incredible amount of fans that have no knowledge of the game of football or of the history of the redskins. And all of them (read: most of them) feel inclined to not only create new topics on a whim, but they also continue to post reply after reply on topics that really do nothing to progress anyones knowledge of the game of football or of the Redskins.

It's really hard for me to describe... If you watch the boards here, you'll see interesting topics on the main page, and not an incredible amount of SPAM TOPICS.

For example, here's some of the topics off of Extremeskins.com right now:

"The only way we lose this week is if Joe Gibbs makes us"
"Randy Moss for Arrington"
"Trade Lavar for Carson Palmer!!!" 7+ Pages of idiocy
"Greg Williams Excuses,stop it!!!"

This does not include the daily "OMG We r getting T.O" and "Joe Gibbs needs to stop calling plays" threads.

Go Hailredskins!

Down with extremeskins!

Huzzah

SonnyandSam
12-31-2005, 11:54 PM
We should knock of this we are holier than thou attitude towards ExtremeSkins. Afterall....you are really just criticizing other REDSKINS FANS. We all choose a message board for a variety of reasons. I chose hR a long time ago and have even defended hR over at ES. But it does us no good to be knocking other Redskins fans. There are a lot of very knowledgeable fans over there just as there are here.

What I, and all of us as Redskins fans should find appalling is how the Washington Post has not only turned on our home town team but now its fans. For crying out loud, the Post has criticized FANS for yelling too loud at games because it is unfair to the visiting team.

The ENEMY is NOT ExtremeSkins......the ENEMY is the Washington comPOST.

Extoll the virtues of why you like or joined hR but don't stoop to the level of the comPOST and criticize fellow Redskins fans.

helimech24
01-01-2006, 06:19 AM
We should knock of this we are holier than thou attitude towards ExtremeSkins. Afterall....you are really just criticizing other REDSKINS FANS. We all choose a message board for a variety of reasons. I chose hR a long time ago and have even defended hR over at ES. But it does us no good to be knocking other Redskins fans. There are a lot of very knowledgeable fans over there just as there are here.

What I, and all of us as Redskins fans should find appalling is how the Washington Post has not only turned on our home town team but now its fans. For crying out loud, the Post has criticized FANS for yelling too loud at games because it is unfair to the visiting team.
The ENEMY is NOT ExtremeSkins......the ENEMY is the Washington comPOST.

Extoll the virtues of why you like or joined hR but don't stoop to the level of the comPOST and criticize fellow Redskins fans.

Did they really? I never heard that before, and now I am going to boycott that paper from here on out. What kinda moron writes that the home team gets an unfair advantage because of its fans. I am sure that he wouldn't write something like that about the Terps Basketball home team advantage. :twak:

Keino
01-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Did they really? I never heard that before, and now I am going to boycott that paper from here on out. What kinda moron writes that the home team gets an unfair advantage because of its fans. I am sure that he wouldn't write something like that about the Terps Basketball home team advantage. :twak:

George Solomon worte it in his column how classless the Skins fans were after the Chicago game where we caused those 3 False Start penalties that stalled their potential game winning drive.

I am very disappointed in the Post right now. I won't talk about any "other" fan sites, as my feelings on them are well documented here, but the Post has a clear agenda and given where this franchise is, I am disgusted in the Post.

IowaSkinsFan
01-01-2006, 10:47 AM
George Solomon worte it in his column how classless the Skins fans were after the Chicago game where we caused those 3 False Start penalties that stalled their potential game winning drive.

Is he kidding or an idiot? That's why they call it a homefield advantage. Has he never been to a game before?

He must be an idiot.

CarMike
01-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Definately an idiot, ISF...

IowaSkinsFan
01-01-2006, 11:07 AM
The lengths the Post is going to in this fued with the team is causing their writers to come up with some very lame accusations.

Soloman must have never been to the Vet or the Linc in Philly if he thinks Redskin Fans are classless.

In fact, he sounds a lot like hR member Joe-T. He must be a Giant fan like him Joe-T as well to spew that garbage.

CNYSkinFan
01-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Lol, I don't know if some of the people here have ever been to extremeskins.com, but i was unlucky enough to happen upon that site before I found this great board.

Of course, Extremeskins itself isn't terrible. How can it possibly be, its a message board! Its the incredible amount of fans that have no knowledge of the game of football or of the history of the redskins. And all of them (read: most of them) feel inclined to not only create new topics on a whim, but they also continue to post reply after reply on topics that really do nothing to progress anyones knowledge of the game of football or of the Redskins.

It's really hard for me to describe... If you watch the boards here, you'll see interesting topics on the main page, and not an incredible amount of SPAM TOPICS.

For example, here's some of the topics off of Extremeskins.com right now:

"The only way we lose this week is if Joe Gibbs makes us"
"Randy Moss for Arrington"
"Trade Lavar for Carson Palmer!!!" 7+ Pages of idiocy
"Greg Williams Excuses,stop it!!!"

This does not include the daily "OMG We r getting T.O" and "Joe Gibbs needs to stop calling plays" threads.

Go Hailredskins!

Down with extremeskins!

Huzzah

Well we had a 50+ page monster thread on this back in February and this is complete Crapola!!!!!

Want to have fun read this monster thread

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=20753&highlight=moss+arrington

Keino
01-01-2006, 11:26 AM
The lengths the Post is going to in this fued with the team is causing their writers to come up with some very lame accusations.

Soloman must have never been to the Vet or the Linc in Philly if he thinks Redskin Fans are classless.

In fact, he sounds a lot like hR member Joe-T. He must be a Giant fan like him Joe-T as well to spew that garbage.

Im surprised you don't remember it. Redskin Dave wrote and got published a cleverly sarcastic response to Solomon.

I think it's very clear that the Post has itself a an axe to grind with the Redskins and it's a shame because it is tainting their coverage.

Now having said that, I fully expect Cal_ Jr. to come in here and carry the Post's banner....

CNYSkinFan
01-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Im surprised you don't remember it. Redskin Dave wrote and got published a cleverly sarcastic response to Solomon.

I think it's very clear that the Post has itself a an axe to grind with the Redskins and it's a shame because it is tainting their coverage.

Now having said that, I fully expect Cal_ Jr. to come in here and carry the Post's banner....

It is too bad because I thought the Post's coverage for years was very good. Nunyo Demasio though was quite horrible. I actually subscribe to scout.com and they have some very good coverage of the team. I read the post still but take alot of things with a grain of salt.

LadyNRedskinsfan
01-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Well we had a 50+ page monster thread on this back in February and this is complete Crapola!!!!!

wow. i remember that thread. 23 pages??!! that is your typical offseason speculation thread. i checked the date of it and hopefully we'll be talking about a gameplan for our next opponent instead of who we are trading or cutting......

RedskinsDave
01-01-2006, 11:43 AM

Of course the bastard edited my e-mail and it wasn't as good as what I sent him.

helimech24
01-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Of course the bastard edited my e-mail and it wasn't as good as what I sent him.

I think that I would rather read the Sun than read another Post. They are dead in my book. :moon2:

IowaSkinsFan
01-01-2006, 12:01 PM

Do you still have the email? I can't remember reading it. Did you post the email here?

RedskinsDave
01-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Do you still have the email? I can't remember reading it. Did you post the email here?

I can't find it. Basically I just mocked Solomon.

helimech24
01-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I can't find it. Basically I just mocked Solomon.

That is always a good thing, and it should be done more often IMO.

stonebraker
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM

LOL! I'll have to check out that thread, thanks for posting

:D

WOOT!